Does Death prove God?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Trushered profile image57
    Trusheredposted 10 years ago

While even an atheist is alive, he might even dare to say that no one created human life. But after or during death.

Doesn't the thought change a bit?

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Get hold of an atheist after she dies and ask her?

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nobody has proven anything happens after death (except the body decays) and atheists are always asking or looking for proof so why should they change their mind over this?

Trusheredposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nobody has proven that the sky is indeed blue, too. :-)

1. Silverspeeder profile image60

The sky is not blue, we may see it as blue in the day because of the reaction of sunlight on our eyes. If the sky is indeed blue why is it black at night?

"The sky is not blue,"

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8111525_f248.jpg

How about when its black then? Or on a particular day when the sun rise or sunset turns it different shades of red. A clear cloudless day-time sky is blue because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light.  When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colours because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

The only certainty on the posted topic is that humans die. No one has evidence of anything after death.

1. profile image0
                Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That isn't quite true. Many people claim evidence. They simply don't have verifiable evidence. There is an incredibly large difference in the two.

But there is verifiable evidence that we die.
                  Non Verifiable evidence is all about belief.

1. profile image0

Isn't that the way of life? We have verifiable evidence of something so we set out in search of information about what lies beyond that something? Attempting to understand where that something came from and what that something could eventually be?

I realize there are many who believe death is the end. Maybe it is. And, maybe it isn't. But, if one person feels experience has shown them proof of something beyond this reality, something of substance; this evidence will set them on a course to make assumptions as to the meaning of this evidence.

There are plenty of people who have had experience in line with the term NDE. They have plenty of ideas as to what that means. Those of us without a NDE are left to believe the explanation most plausible. What we consider plausible is determined by other experiences, as well as our beliefs.

So, from where I'm standing, using my experiences coupled with my beliefs, I must determine what I consider to be most plausible. Had I had a NDE the experience itself would not be belief. It would be evidence. Without verifiable evidence any attempt to explain the evidence would ultimately be belief.

Each of us is left to critically review our thought processes and our experiences in order to determine what is true and what is belief. However, evidence does not have to be verifiable by another in order for it to qualify as evidence to us. It has to be verifiable to the individual. My inability to accept your testimony does not necessarily negate the truth of your experience. It simply means I will see your words as fiction, not fact. How many times in history has what is perceived as fact by the individual and perceived by the whole as fiction moved into the category of what is perceived as fact by the whole?

3. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

While EVEN an atheist is alive? Yes even us, can you imagine, EVEN atheists are alive. Tell me, would you say that about any other group of people? While EVEN African American's are live... While EVEN women are alive... While EVEN Italians are alive...

I stopped reading after that.

1. profile image0

This is a joke, right? If not, you find the strangest things to take offense at. Atheism is a philosophy. Are you implying African Americans and women are also?

I get what you are saying about Italians though. That, definitely, is a philosophy.

1. profile image0

LOL. Would you have felt better if I had said EVEN muslims are alive... Even christians are alive... Even the lowly hindus are alive... I even heard a rummer that Buddhist are alive. Help? And you should now I took no offence.

1. profile image0

Even though I was a little put off by the wording in the OP, I think your question would still lack merit. Don't those philosophies believe in God and an afterlife? What would be the point in asking that?

1. profile image0

I must be doing a poor job of communicating. It's the word "even" I have a problem with. It mean "even the lowly..." I am serious I didn't read past that. It's like me starting a comment with "Even Emile breaths..."

1. profile image0

To be fair, I think he meant:  Even while atheists are alive.  I don't think the sentence was structured well.

1. profile image0

What a difference the word while makes? LOL

Even atheists are alive.
                  Even while atheists are alive.

1. profile image0

Scary, huh?  Why sentence structure is i m p o r t a n t.

2. Trushered profile image57

You're right. I should have arranged the words properly. Anyway. :-)

2. Renee Abbott profile image81
    Renee Abbottposted 10 years ago

I did have a near death experience, and yes it did change my views. I went from being Jewish to now believing in no religion. I do believe in something, but not religion. If I told Christians that I didn't see Jesus when I died, but where I went was beyond beautiful, would they stop believing only good Christians go to heaven? I doubt it. We choose to believe what we wish. I am sure many would say it was just my imagination or the work of the devil.

I am not an atheist, but I would say if they had a nde this might change his/ her mind, and might not. If a Christian had a nde and didnt see Jesus but didnt see hell, would it change their mind? What would happen if a Christian saw Allah or Buddah? What would happen if a Christian saw the Goddess Bridget?  If an Atheist had a nde and didnt sleep, he might think it was his brain doing the show. It probably would have little significance to him. It probably would have the same significance as a Christian, Jew or Muslim dying and not seeing the god of that religion but saw a world of beauty. It is not easy to move out of one's beliefs.

Reality is still reality. Whether we believe it or not. The sky wont turn into green if I keep imagining. :-)

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh really? What is 'reality"?

Reality is that the sky is blue, and not green :-)

1. janesix profile image59
            janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not always.

When it is green, it is reality too :-)

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 10 years ago

Question: Has anyone ever found all of the missing links that lead up to a human being?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Question: what is a "missing link"?  Every individual organism that exhibits any change from it's parents?  Every organism that can be classified as a different species by biologists? 

Question: what is "lead up to a human being"?  Every species from the first cell that lived?  Everything from the first primate?  From the dinosaurs?

1. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What Is a Missing Link? WOW I have no idea where you've been. For years It has been the argument atheists and scientists has been pressing on society as to the evolution of species.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/evol … found.html

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like they found one, all right.  But you failed to answer the question as to how you are defining it.  As every individual organism, as every distinct species or some other personal definition.  The reason I ask is because every time a "missing link" is found the religious community demands another, to the point that one wonders if they will be satisfied at anything less than a complete skeleton of every ancestor back to the first cell that lived.  Without defining what you mean the question of whether we've found every one cannot be answered.

2. profile image0

Do you mean Lucy or Ardi?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)