More proof that America's government continues to lie about 9/11

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbFldtLnmc8

One expert after another goes on record, laying their career on the line, to state, categorically that WTC7 could not have come down except for controlled demolition. Since it takes months to prepare a building of that size, someone would've known long before 9/11, since the building came down on the afternoon of 9/11.

NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) lied about WTC7 and then wouldn't show how they arrived at their computer model so that structural engineers could learn from their supposed "wisdom." Just like Mayor Giuliani cleaning up the crime scene before an investigation could be done, someone there is hiding something -- something big.

1. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

you can see the controlled detonations on the tapes.  Also the 2nd plane was a military plane with no windows and no tail markings.  I don't trust our government anyway, not anymore.  It's sad that they had to 'execute' all of those innocent people for absolutely nothing.  Without the detonations those towers never would have collapsed!

2. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Greetings Lone Star.  I have not run into one of your 9/11 conspiracy threads since last September. Perhaps I missed some of them in the interim. lol 

The critical issue in my mind is not how the WTC7 collapsed. My critical issue is why you continue to drag out the same old tattered theories over and over again. The Ed Asner video linked in the OP offers no new evidence, no new perspectives, no new theories, and most importantly, no new reasons to care. While I never imagine 9/11 truthers would ever change their minds about this subject, I did hope that they would stop bringing up all the old, previously debunked and inconclusive theories. There have been no new theories in years. You make me wonder why you continue to push old news when you really have no new data or facts to add to the discussion.

“One expert after another” the OP declares, “ goes on record, laying their career on the line, to state, categorically that WTC7 could not have come down except for controlled demolition.” This opening sentence is a marvelous example of a half-truth, i.e. “A statement, intended to deceive, that omits some of the facts necessary for a full description or account.” {1} Obviously, you ignore that there are a substantial number of experts on the record stating categorically that WTC7 did not collapse due to controlled demolition. I would speculate that your saying “laying their career on the line” is suppose to add some physiological measure of imaginary credibility to their unconvincing conclusions.

As I parse the first paragraph, follow the illogical progression of the OP statement if you can. It begins by assuming in the first sentence there was a controlled demolition (“WTC7 could not have come down except for controlled demolition.”); in the second sentence, it sweetens the first assumption with a pinch of truth (“Since it takes months to prepare a building of that size [for demolition]”). The paragraph then mixes in another dash of invented assumption (“someone would've known long before 9/11.”); and it finally makes a giant leap to an obvious fact (“since the building came down on the afternoon of 9/11”). I suppose, Lone Star, that final shred of truth is suppose to imply all the prior assumptions must therefore be true. I question the critical thinking used by any person who believes “since the building came down on the afternoon of 9/11” actually proves “that WTC7 could not have come down except for controlled demolition.”

Here is your claim that the NIST lied. How do we know they lied? They lied because they “wouldn't show how they arrived at their computer model so that structural engineers could learn from their supposed ‘wisdom.’” This is almost comical. You complain, Lone Star, about a computer model when the NIST report published November 20, 2008 contains 797 pages of data used to construct the model. I certainly did not read this report but the abstract says, “This report provides technical documentation of how NIST reconstructed the effects of the events on September 11, 2001 on WTC 7. This includes how the fires that followed the impact of debris from the collapse of WTC 1 (the north tower) led to the collapse of WTC 7...what procedures and practices were used in the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the building...[and] describes how NIST reached its conclusions. NIST complemented in-house expertise with private sector technical experts...accumulated copious documents, photographs, and videos of the disaster...conducted first-person interviews of building occupants and emergency responders...analyzed the evacuation and emergency response operations in and around WTC 7...performed computer simulations of the behavior of WTC 7 on September 11, 2001...and combined the knowledge gained into a probable collapse sequence.” {2}

I underlined “probable collapse sequence” in the last sentence to emphasize that “There is no fact-based technical account of the World Trade Center collapses. This is verifiably true beyond doubt. The true collapse modes of the Twin Towers are not accurately determined within any academic, professional or government literature. {3} This means, Lone Star, you and I must admit all attempts to explain how and why they collapsed are purely hypothetical. It explains why all of the 9/11 literature (including the NIST report) contain an extensive array of opinions but no broad consensus and certainly no definitive evidence to explain the destruction at the WTC. Hence, each of us must decide if we want to believe vague and unproven theories, as you suggest, Lonestar, or if we will take a more rational and logical stance that acknowledges one indisputable truth. After 12 years there is still no reliable evidence of a conspiracy that survives scientific scrutiny.

Keep up the fine work, Lonestar, but please bring us something new. As you already know, there is nothing like a factually bankrupt conspiracy theory to attract attention. I just hope you are not planning to prove this to us again.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
      {1} http://www.thefreedictionary.com/half-truth
      {2} http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=861611
      {3} http://www.sharpprintinginc.com/911/ind … on=548:548 Preface.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61
        Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Those who believe their government wouldn't take every measure to protect themselves is very foolish indeed.

2. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Since you didn't bring this up at all, I'm guessing you haven't seen it, so it will be "new" to you.

http://www.journalof911studies.com/

http://www.journalof911studies.com/reso … nSmith.pdf

Sorry.  These are academics writing in these journals.  You can't dismiss them as quacks or conspiracy theorists quite as easily (even though academics can be wrong too).

As are these: http://www.ae911truth.org/

And we have the physicist Steven Jones from BYU, who spoke out immediately against the official story.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYXNo0i_Cs

His paper- http://www.journalof911studies.com/volu … llapse.pdf

A government investigation of the collapse?  Why would you so readily trust the government when it lies so often about foreign policy?

2. Zelkiiro profile image88
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

Yes. You're absolutely right. The government can stage a cover-up so incredibly detailed and secretive that only a few YouTubers with Windows Movie Maker could uncover it, yet the same government can't hide the fact that Billy J. got a blowjob in the Oval Office. Right.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They simply did not have the technology in the 1990s that they have in the 2000s.
      lol

3. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 10 years ago

People laugh at so called "conspiracy theories" but accept and swallow whole the ludicrous, and scientifically impossible, official story about 911.
    Problem is, it is such a big lie, which such immense ramifications, that it is impossible for most people to accept. They would rather look the other way and keep on pretending that everything is OK.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 10 years ago

My neighbor worked on the WTC to help put himself through college.  Anyone who knew anything about the construction of the center would have known if damaged it would collapse in the fashion it collapsed.  Neighbor later become a PhD in environmental toxicology.  He paid close attention to the destruction of this building.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 10 years agoin reply to this

..  and what does your neighbor say?!!!

1. tirelesstraveler profile image60
        tirelesstravelerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The way the elevator shafts were designed damage of the sort sustained by the airliners would cause the entire building to telescope in on itself. Each floor was a bit smaller than the floor below. The designers never anticipated a direct hit into the building.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Really? How did they manage to get 40,000 square feet of office space on every floor?

2. GA Anderson profile image89
          GA Andersonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I recall seeing multiple mentions/statements that the world Trade centers were indeed designed to withstand the impact of an airplane.

I also recall explanations that the interior elevator shaft beams were sheathed in extra layers of drywall, (sheets of gypsum building material) to act as a "firewall" and protect those beams from the anticipated heat generated by jet fuel fires.

- but apparently that design was flawed, in that either it did not anticipate penetration to a degree that would rupture the protective drywall sheathing, (which is one proposed explanation), or that it did not adequately anticipate the strength and extreme temperatures of the jet fuel fires and explosions.

Regardless, there are several sources that verify an airplane impact was one of the possible hazards considered in their design.

Of course you can assign your own merit to the sources, but here are a few:

Pbs.org - World Trade Center
          "Although they were in fact designed to withstand being struck by an airplane, the resultant fires weakened the infrastructure of the building, collapsing the upper floors and creating too much load for the lower floors to bear"

Science-writing.org
          The attack and following collapse of the World Trade Center Twin Towers on September 11, 2001 shocked the world. The enormous travesty occurred so fast and so surprisingly. But what may also shock you is that architect Minoru Yamasaki designed the World Trade Center towers to withstand a collision with a Boeing 707 airplane (Federal Emergency Management Agency 2002)"

This one is a 9/11 truth site - I am not vouching for it, just presenting it because it too mentions the reference to WTC structural designs modeled to withstand a Boeing 707 impact.

Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth
          "Both technical calculations and testimony from WTC structural engineers confirm that the Twin Towers were built to withstand the impact from the passenger jets that hit them on 9/11.

Airplane impact tests conducted by WTC structural engineers during the design of the Twin Towers used the Boeing 707"

There are more sources available if you are interested, but it apparently documented that your statement is incorrect.

And that each floor was smaller than the one below also seems suspect.

GA

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)