Hubs are getting unfeatured!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. sweetzara profile image75
    sweetzaraposted 10 years ago

Slowly but surely more and more of my hubs are getting unfeatured. Does not really matter what I do, the result is always the same. Is it time to leave hubpages once each and ever one of my hub is unfeatured?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Updating them will usually resurrect them. smile

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe it! I love your hubs!

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Look at your Account page and notice what the symbol is next to each unFeatured Hub.

If it's an empty circle, then the Hub has failed the Quality Assessment process.  Try posting one or two in the Improve Your Hub section, and other Hubbers will give you some pointers on how to improve them so they will pass. 

If it's a half moon circle (half white, half black) then it's nothing to do with quality, it's just because your Hubs aren't getting enough visitors.  So you need to think about why. 

Ask yourself, what words and phrases would people have to type into Google to find this Hub?   How many people are likely to do that?  Am I using those words and phrases in my Hub, so Google can find it easily?   Do I have a title and summary that clearly tells Google what my Hub is about?

4. Hikapo profile image79
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Right now, the best way to get featured is:

700+ words
      At least 2 pictures
      At least 1 interactive block[video or poll]

This bare minimum will usually get you featured 95% of the time.

5. breakfastpop profile image66
      breakfastpopposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not all hubs can be updated. For example, hubs about current events stansd as they are. Updating means writing another hub. These new changes have sapped the life out of writing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's true, but a Hub about a current event is old news once the event has passed, and won't get readers whether it's featured or not.  HubPages generally isn't a good place to write about news.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I made pretty minor adjustments like more headings and pictures and now all my hubs are published again.  it was not difficult.

3. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 10 years ago

Try revising hub titles, and try improving the description of the hub and add better content to it or just update it in some way. It really works for me. Keep mentioning the hubs to your readership. Some topics and hubs sell themselves, while others like poetry are more specialized and need some nurturing. It can be done.

4. PennyCarey profile image60
    PennyCareyposted 10 years ago

I also had this problem, I pretty much did what Astra is suggesting and it fixed the problem.  Most of my hubs are now featured again.

5. jasonycc profile image67
    jasonyccposted 10 years ago

I have 26 hubs and only a handful (less than 10) are featured.

Then I revisited them and try to improve them. I mostly follow the advice on the top right hand corner. Some of my hubs have only 500 words and no pictures. So I added more content (to 750 words) and photos. Now all my hubs are featured.

1. SpaceShanty profile image94

Yes I always try and tick all the boxes, min. 700 words, pictures, a poll and a Youtube video.  And even Hubs with less than 30 views are featured.

6. whiskeyjakc profile image61
    whiskeyjakcposted 10 years ago

I am new to hubpages and don't really have any idea about how this feature thing works, but one of my hubs has been featured since january. It was a simple hub with some pictures. My traffic has not been skyhigh but it has been regular. I think it's about the quality of the content and how original it is. Infact my hub was the first on that topic in hubpages. So, try and write about new things and I am sure it'll surely help. Don't leave hubbing as we need more people to grow this community. smile

1. younghopes profile image66
      younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to hubpages, if any of your hubpages is unfeatured, just try to update it with more content and good pics, it will get featured again

7. Tenerife Islander profile image69
    Tenerife Islanderposted 10 years ago

I have had lots of hubs unfeatured but I find that if I add maps, videos, additional text, polls etc and tweak the titles, that they get featured again and often do much better than they had in the past!

8. theryanpride profile image67
    theryanprideposted 10 years ago

I am having the same problems i do a little tweak here and there change titles add better pictures and still will not feature feeling defeated and that i cant do this.I just want to make extra money to get bye.I will try a little longer and see what happens any ideas to get more followers?

1. RetroDJ profile image58
      RetroDJposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Looking at some of your hubs they should be getting featured.   Make sure you check your hub stats and see if there are any alerts or things that need to be addressed in your hub.

2. SpaceShanty profile image94

Hi theryanpride,

As an example your Hub "Home Made Beer Battered Fish And Chips" is a good hub but maybe you should change the tile to " How to make beer batter for fish and chips" as this is what people will be typing into google.

Also I noticed the a few grammer mistakes in your hubs (my grammer is far from perfect!) such as a double space after a full stop.  Like this.

Not like this.Without a double space.

And the use of an apostrophe like in your hub "Home made cleaning supply's"

It should be "Home made cleaning supplies"

You should only use an apostrophe before an s like "John's car", "John's house"

If it is just plural (more than one) there is no apostrophe, so "I need to buy some carrots", not "I need to buy some carrot's"

Please don't think I am criticising you but if your spelling and grammer is better your hubs will appear more professional and they will get more visits!

I usually copy and paste the text in to a word document and it will auto correct your spelling and grammer (this is what I do).

Good luck!
      Chris

1. theryanpride profile image67
        theryanprideposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you i like feed back it helps me out and being so new to this it is good to get other opinions and ideas.I have always wanted to write hubs but been to scared to i am glad i have decided to give it ago.

1. SpaceShanty profile image94

Well I see you already have 25 hubs, more than me!
          They just need a little TLC to boost rankings and earnings!

9. Swabez profile image65
    Swabezposted 10 years ago

I didn't know hubs could become unfeatured after not getting enough views. I am new to hub pages and was just wondering what is the best way to get more traffic on hubs. Anyone got any pointers for beginners?

10. Shadow Jackson profile image65
    Shadow Jacksonposted 10 years ago

No, just fix the hubs. Once they are high qualities hubs, you will not only see more traffic to your hubs, but you will also make more money (and so will hub pages. that's why they do it!)

11. Shadow Jackson profile image65
    Shadow Jacksonposted 10 years ago

@swabez - try creating a facebook page for your hubs and sharing your hubs there. If your hubs have a general theme, then that would be a good idea to umbrella them under one general theme. Or else create a page that says "Swabez's awesome hubs" or something like that and leave it open for people to read and comment on your hubs via Facebook. Of course they'll have to visit your hubs to do this! ;-) For instance, majority of my hubs are reviewing the chapters in the book "The 48 Laws of Power". So, I created a facebook group called "48 Laws of Power" book review. So, that people who are fans of the book will like the page and consequently be exposed to my hubs on that topic. If you don't want to manage a facebook page, you can always look for Facebook pages that have already been created on the topics of your hubs and share your hubs there. The more places you share your hubs the more opportunities you have for them to be seen!

12. Swabez profile image65
    Swabezposted 10 years ago

Thanks @Shadow some good advice. I've just set up a Facebook so i'll see how it goes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)