Judge Lest Ye Be Judged....or have we forgotten?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)
  1. jlpark profile image79
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

I look around HP and places like Facebook, and other media, and I see many people who seem to have forgotten the one thing they shouldn't have:

Judgement is not the job of Mankind, but the job of the Big Chief, The Head Honcho, The Big Fella - GOD himself.

Yet, in the heat of the moment perhaps, this is forgotten SO easily, particularly when it comes to issues which may make people uncomfortable. Particularly uncomfortable it seems for the God-fearing, or at least those who profess to be so. Issues like Abortion, like homosexuality, like marriage equality.

Yes, the Good Book says a few things about these issues, yes the Book also talks about punishment for these things.  The Good Book also speaks on the fact that one sin is as bad as another - and that those WITHOUT sin should be the first to cast stones....except none of us are without sin. So, why so many stones flying about?

(You/we/us/them - Anyone and everyone - not aiming this at any one in particular!)
    If you don't like Abortion, Homosexuality, or anything else - I'm asking you to OWN IT. Don't give Bible verses, don't stand behind "God said" - because you are ignoring the point - it is NOT your place to Judge. What makes you think you are the one allowed to do the job of God himself? Remember the one Angel who wanted to be like God, to be the one in charge? Where is the angel Lucifer now???

Your belief is not for everyone, nor should it be. Nor should it shape the laws and rights of others. Yet, you judge as though you have the right, are God himself, and that your religion is that of every human kind.

So tell me - are you going to own it? If so - here is the place to say "Actually, I don't like....(add sinny thing here)." And, hey - there is no judgement here - if you are brave enough to stand up and OWN your judgement, we will not ask you why you think that, but you are welcome to explain.

So, are we going to OWN it? Or Are we going to be God? Why so many stones flying when we are all sinners?

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lets take god out of the equation shall we.

Lets talk about abortion, you seem to like the idea of ownership so why cant those individuals who have unprotected sex take ownership of the fact that it could make them pregnant and responsible for another life, if they then decide to rid themselves of that life then they should take responsibility for the murder they have condoned. Men are just as responsible for the consequences of unwanted pregnancy as women so they should be taking ownership as well.
      Its a question of morality and those who believed or don't believe in god tell us they have morals.

I am neither in favor or against abortion, i accept that in some cases it may be necessary but do not accept its use as a contraceptive.

2. jlpark profile image79
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

As do I Silver. I understand and accept it may be required in situations but have issues with abortion as a means of contraception.

Ownership of one sexual liaisons is something that should be considered by all. I agree.

However, I am not one to judge those who have abortions - as a health professional I'm there to treat anyone as a person regardless of their choices, or decisions.

Whilst abortion is not something I personally would choose - I cannot and do not judge those who do.

I own that. Not God, not my boss, not my parents. Me.

Should people use it as contraception? Not when there are much simpler and more pleasant ways to prevent pregnancy. But I do not know the history of these women or their relationships - perhaps he is abusive, and refuses to allow her contraception or to wear a condom. I am not in a position to judge her - I am not in her shoes, nor have I lived her life.

That is the point I'm trying to get across. We do not know whom we judge so negatively. We do not know their stories. And if u are a believer in God (I'm agnostic so not really anyway) - then it is not even our job to judge others is it?

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Judgement should be reserved for your own deeds, however the effect of others poor judgement my affect others so surely critical judgement keeps human morality expectations high. If indeed it did not anything and everything would be acceptable.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

Nice thought. I think the 'God said' comes in because people are uncomfortable owning up to what they know to be an unloving stance. It helps them avoid resolving the conflict in their minds.

There. I've sat in judgment. I don't think there is any way off of the hamster wheel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)