Do Not Judge Less You Be Judged

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 14 years ago

We as Christians are ruining the true doctrine of Christianity! We have began this war with non believers using political ways to hurl insults of others beliefs to try to get the non believers to turn from their false doctrine!

Who are we to judge their doctrine? God says we have no right to cast Judgment??

Has God changed the words of his bible for this present day?

To be Christ like is to love! Does God allow us to compromise this love for Atheism or homosexuality etc...?

The bible even says if we cast judgment then we too have indulged in the same sin! No sin is greater than the other a sin is a sin!

The rules for this thread is no insulting each other for the opinions and thoughts of religious views!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have already managed to insult me by your assumptive statement. Read it again and see if you can spot it.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  Sigh.  But shouldn't the spirit of somebody's words be taken into consideration, too?

2. onthewriteside profile image60
        onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL earnest....I caught it right away too!  "We as Christians..."?  That's blasphemy in my book!

1. ajcor profile image60
          ajcorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wondered if "to get the non believers to turn from their false doctrine! " was the point of interest?

3. Davinagirl3 profile image60
        Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw it, immediately.  How can a person be judgemental in a thread about not being judgemental?

2. my-success-guru profile image57
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

Well I agree with this "Do Not Judge Less You Be Judged"

1. Shil1978 profile image87
      Shil1978posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shouldn't it be "Do Not Judge Les(t) You Be Judged?"

1. my-success-guru profile image57
        my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure but good advice to follow!

2. Koby profile image60
        Kobyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Correct

3. mirandalloyd profile image61
    mirandalloydposted 14 years ago

Agreed. Along with "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus, like the Buddha, teaches compassion for others above all else. If you can't love someone who is a different faith than you, yet does all they can to help you and be kind to you, then what is the problem? Is it because he doesn't hold your exact views? That's very callous.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A pretty good point, overall.

I could never understand how supposedly "good" followers of Christ could be so hateful, vengeful, gossipy, and still claim to be Christians.

We are ready to point fingers at others, shouting their faults, perhaps only because we are so insecure with our own standing with God that we try to take attention from our own shame on the subject. We make others look bad for the sake of falsely ellavating ourselves, pretending God somehow approves?

According to all Christian doctrine, none of us is worthy to judge another. Yet we do it so well...

1. JonTutor profile image60
        JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is easier to preach... more difficult to practice. wink

2. fishmox profile image59
        fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You all are so wrong.
        Within your own church you are allowed to judge the sin of fellow members and try to restore him to practical holiness before he gets chastised.
        Within your own household you are also to rule in accordance to God's word.
        What you are NOT to judge is the eternal standing of a fellow believer, because you did not die on the cross for him, Christ did, if so be that he does belong to Christ.
        Also, because you yourself ought to make your calling and election sure, so don't be a busybody pointing a finger at somebody IN THE CONGREGATION and saying, "I don't think he/she is saved", which by the way is the favorite pasttime in some churches I've joined, having had a hard time conquering tobacco during the early years of my conversion.
        Now, what the televangelists and the "popular" preachers are doing is they are expecting those OUTSIDE of their church to live according to their moral standards.
        Now, there is nothing in the Bible that says a Christian should be doing that.
        This is a fallen world, and whether anybody here or there agrees or disagrees, I believe what the Bible says: ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD !
        So, those outside who have no conversion to speak of cannot be expected to toe the moral line of those who have a claim on salvation.
        Leave them be.

4. profile image0
    TimothyRBermanposted 14 years ago

We need to first understand the difference between Judging hypocritically, or judging righteously.

It is one thing to say "I believe Homosexuallity to be a sin and against God?" or, "I believe those who commit adultery are deceitful and deserving of the consequences of their choice and that this is sinful against their family, themselves and against God."

This kind of judgement is afforded to the Christian believer to stand on that which is right, just and true. This brings no condemnation.

Many do not understand, and misinterpret. Typically those who misunderstand the statement of Christ where he said that we are not to be judged lest we are judged by the same judgment misunderstand the very context that he is talking about.

Now, what we do not have the right to do is judge hypocritical.

If we are living in sin with our girlfriend/boyfriend and say to someone else that what they are doing is wrong and sinful because they are living in sin just as much as we are, then we are in danger of the same condemnation and judgment. It is the hypocritical judgement that we are not to participate in. It is the hypocrisy of our own lifestyle, behavior, attitude etc that brings about our own judgment.

Yes, Christ taught that we are to love our neighbor as ourself, but he did not say to approve of their particular behaviors, attitudes and lifestyles.

Think about it. A parent loves their child no matter what. Yet, just because a parent loves their child, that does not mean that they turn their back on that child and allow that child to live their life without a knowledge of discipline, a knowledge of what is right and wrong. If a child steals a candy bar from the store, the parent loves the child.

Personally, people just misuse this concept with no regard as to the true understanding of what it is and means.

Even on a non-religious note. If you cheat on your partner yet condemn someone else who is doing the same thing, it is hypocritical. Now, if one is not walking in such a behavior and makes the observation and says that the other is not being honest with themselves and their partner and condemns the behavior, that is not hypocritical on the fact that the one judging is not committing the same act as the person being judged.

"Living in sin".....Were you a virgin till you got married?... If the answer is yes, at what age did you get married?.....Can you show me where exactly in Bible premarital sex is prohibited?....And how many Christians do you know personally who live up to that standard....Denying sexuality may lead to morbid obsession....IMO not healthy.

2. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I think some people are just too defensive to justify themselves that's why the word to judge is mistakenly applied though it doesn't really mean judging them. We better shed off those onion skin. I think judging someone is like accusing someone for any crime with out any proven evidence.

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The way I see it, I may not like a person's behavior, but I do not have to dislike the person.
    When my second wife abandoned her son I had to explain this to him many times. "Don't hate your mom. just her behavior" was my catch cry.

1. onthewriteside profile image60

I told my daughter, (when the same thing happened), not to hate her mom also.  I told her that her mom still loves her, and did the best thing for her at the time, by giving me custody...which was the truth.

I had to fight for custody, as he is not my biological son. It took 7 years of court battles, as she had all the aces being the bio mother and all. I won custody, but in reality I was the only one going to his school, following his sport, feeding him etc. Despite that it cost me my business my home and about $700,000 in all. A bargain! He is a beautiful young man of twenty now, secure talented and happy!

That's great Earnest!  Obviously it was the best thing for him!  My daughter is 23 now, and despite her "late maturity", and horrible choices in men in the past, she is now getting her proverbial shit together and is turning into to quite the young lady...

You sound like a fully sick dad!

Ummmm....I hope you mean that in a good way....

Absolutely! Fully sick comes from my 12 year old grand daughter... evidently a compliment of the highest order!!

LOL!  Well then thanks man!  And congrats on your persistence in getting your step-son!  By the way...did he have a say in it?

He had all the say in it. I just did what he needed to stop the physical and emotional abuse.

2. ajcor profile image60
                  ajcorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fantastic that you came into his life when you did earnestshub....cheers

1. lrohner profile image67
                    lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, Earnest. You sound like a very devoted father. Kudos to you.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
          Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Ernest, you are a truly good man.

Very good man indeed.

Thank you both for that compliment. Like everyone else I am deeply flawed, but could see no merit in not supporting a child when I was able to, as so many here would.
              I am very selfish and greedy too, I want the love of my family very much, and this wonderful young man contributes so much to my well being and happiness. smile

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Wow!  Ernest you sound like a pretty sick dad/grandpa yourself.

I couldn't even imagine ever giving up my kid. Ugh, just the thought of it makes me want to go give her a giant hug.  Yeah, I am gonna go do that right now. smile

7. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Ok for example my bff the other day drove over to my house at 12pm, she brought her kid with her,who was in the back of the car. As she was talking to me another friend was walking by and stopped to talk to us with his little boy. My friend whispered to me, he should get his kid home to bed. hmmm... She always does this kind of stuff. Drives me nuts. Its ok for her to do something but not anyone else...

"Standards" are flexible based on whom/where/when... far easier to preach lol

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

evangelism comes from interpretations.

9. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

We judge every time we make a decision. And we are being judged every time some one makes a decision about us.  If we did not we could not move forward.  I make judgements every time I come to this site.  Who not to read, who to read.  Where and what to post and where not to post.  We need to judge, in a balanced manner, dispassionately, with as many facts as possible.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)