Did the MIami Heat Cheat Their Way into a second title?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

As we all know, MIami Heat won back to back titles this year, in an epic game 7 series clincher no less. However, was that series fixed?  Did David Stern purposely rig the game to where Miami cheated their way into another title?  I personally don't think so, but a friend of mine brought up an interesting point to show that the Spurs might've sold out, and help GIVE the title away to miami.

Before all you heat lovers get mad, please hear me out first, as I too didn't want to believe it either.  However, the rationality my friend says makes a lot of sense when you think about it.  For starters, there were several plays in which Manu Ginobli just seemed like he deliberately threw the ball away, or purposely turned the ball over on various plays. 

One play for example was when a ball was thrown right towards him, and it went through both his hands as if Manu wasn't even trying to catch the ball; hence it went out of bounds.  Some people might say that maybe he was just fatiqued.  Maybe he just choked, but manu never choked before.  Could it be that the spurs sold out?  Did David Stern threaten the spurs by ordering them to throw the series in favor of miami?

Plus, there's the obvious officiating that was obviously biased towards miami throughout the series, and david stern even stated that for the first time in his tenure that the same refs he picked would be officiating the entire finals series, and not just one game.  This only adds more fuel that Miami cheated their way to a title possibly.

I honestly don't think they did, as I think they won that title fair and square.  However, my friend does point out a lot of good circumstantial evidence to suggest that maybe Miami didn't deserve their second title after all.  What do you guys think?

Did David Stern fix the entire nba finals?  Are the miami heat cheaters?  Did the spurs sellout?  Or do you think my friend is just a hater?  please discuss.

2. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 10 years ago

Nonsense, Steven. The Miami Heat won because they've had a lot of training playing under pressure and under circumstances that few other teams have ever played. They learned to count on each other's strengths and ignore the criticism that has served to make them stronger. That's my take on it, anyways.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't disagree.  I personally don't like LeBron James, or the Miami Heat.  However, I still have to give credit where credit is due.  LeBron and the Heat have not only responded to all the criticism that critics cite, but they have answered it various times since becoming champions.  Not even the great Michael Jordan won a game 7 in the finals, so kudos to LeBron.  Therefore, I don't think that this year's title run was fixed.  Granted, my friend did point out a lot of good circumstantial evidence to make a strong case for it, but like  i told them, all it is mere speculation. You have no proof of this, so that's all your theory is.  Speculation.  I'm sure a lot of Miami Heat haters would love to buy into that theory, but it doesn't hold water without any kind of proof.  Therefore, I'm giving Miami the benefit of the doubt, and say that both titles were earned by them. 

Having said all that though, I still say Chris Bosh is overrated, but that's another story.

3. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

I believe officials of NBA games can change outcomes and that it's much more likely an official does it rather than a player.  Did the league want the Heat to win....If they did, I can't imagine that they wanted them to play the Spurs.  Now if the Lakers had made it to the finals and pushed it to seven games, I think we might have something to talk about:)

4. Oswalda Purcell profile image76
    Oswalda Purcellposted 10 years ago

The problem is too many people are nitpicking the game and not seeing the special and true rareness of an elite player like Lebron James.  There's no good reason not to like him.  He made a decision to push his brand, just like many of us on HubPages.  He is a hardworking athlete.  Ask any professional in the NBA.  He is a good father and even the POTUS acknowledged this in the recent WH visit.  He is respectful of other players in interviews (I've watched his post game interviews for years).  He does charity work in the Miami community.  There are plenty of other athletes living reckless lifestyles who are worthy of dislike -- not James.  I feel if you do dislike or "hate" him you probably need to get out of your own way.  js

1. Alphadogg16 profile image84
      Alphadogg16posted 10 years ago

@Oswalda, Im sure Lebron is a good person, I would hope most athletes are as they are roll models for our kids. Lebron is a very gifted and talented player, the issue I have with him is him "joining" other stars to win. He had a decent team in Cleveland, made it to the finals, He should have been able to win a title with his own team. If Michael Jordan had teamed up with Magic Johnson & Larry Bird, they would have won 10 titles. All of them were champions on their own team and didn't recruit other stars.

1. Oswalda Purcell profile image76
        Oswalda Purcellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Alphadogg16, that's a good point.  He could've found a way to win in Cleveland.  I don't hold it against him b/c there have been super teams in the past, but, yes, finding a way to win it all in Cleveland would have been awesome to see.

2. tHErEDpILL profile image83
      tHErEDpILLposted 10 years ago

Yes Stern and Popavich were in on it.  Duncan sits on the bench and a key rebound goes to Bosh.  Pop leaves Ginobli in as he keeps handing the ball over to the Heat.  The heat should have been tossed out the playoff's several rounds earlier.  Go back and youtube in variation on the Miami Heat and the word "cheat".  Get a bowl of popcorn and prepare to be amazed.  Anyone who disagrees that the Heat were given special treatment all year are either Heat fans or they just want to be on the band wagon of a winner.  I hate people like that; those who want to get behind someone just because they are winning.  it's embarrassing,

relax, redpill.  It's not that serious.  Enjoy the game and the greatness of players like Tim Duncan and Lebron James and Paul George and Leonard or don't watch.  Spoiling the beauty of the game with your half-baked, knee-jerk, simple-minded, childish rants is a disservice to the countless hours of hardwork these athletes have dedicated to their craft.

3. tHErEDpILL profile image83
      tHErEDpILLposted 10 years ago

Why are you telling me about lebron's charity work?  I didn't even mention him.  Go look at my post again.  Smh.  This is what heat/lebron fans do.  You make a point and they change the subject.   Okay my man maybe you are a bit slow or playing dumb.  Allow me to re-submit.  Stay on subject here.  The Miami Heat have cheated their way into 2 championships.  They flop, get phantom calls and david stern the commish loves lebron and gets paid well by miami heat increasing popularity to his product the NBA.   Now don't tell me what Lebron got his mom for her birthday or how much he puts in the tip cup at Starbucks.  Respond to the claims o cheating by the Heat.

You can't see clearly because your glasses are fogged up.

4. deerev profile image59
      deerevposted 10 years ago

The notion that David Stern fixed the NBA Finals is ridiculous, as well as notion the Spurs gave up. Did you friend watch the series against the Spurs? They played their hearts out and unfortunately they missed key baskets in the 4th quarter. This is an insult to the NBA and to the Spurs franchise. Your friend is just a hater.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I apologize for the tardiness of this reply, as i had completely forgotten about it until now.  Yes, he did watch the entire finals series.  In fact, he even taped it, and rewatched it again twice.  The second time, he was analyzing it to make sure his suspicions were true.  He first started to suspect there to be cheating afoot when Popovich took out duncan during the last few minutes of one game, which allowed bosh to get a key rebound that we all know duncan would've taken had he been in the game.

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

does anyone else have something to add?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)