Zimmerman Found Not Guilty

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (127 posts)
  1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 10 years ago

Frankly I have to catch my breath...I find it hard  to believe.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OH NO!

2. Mitch Alan profile image81
      Mitch Alanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So, what EVIDENCE (not emotion) was presented in the court that would lead you to believe that Zimmerman was guilty of any of the charges based on the law?
      Do you have equal outrage at the dozens of young black men shot and killed in Chicago on a regular basis? Do you have the same indignation when it is "black on black" violence? Do you post forum comments with those acts of violence?

1. JustinKBradley profile image61
        JustinKBradleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have not been following the case, however I have expressed the same thought. Where is the outrage at the black on black violence? I'm indifferent to this whole thing. It isn't my business. It may be tragic, but it doesn't concern me. And THAT is how I think people should approach this topic. ...just saying

2. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mitch,

Here is one piece of evidence: prior to Mister Zimmerman catching up with young Trayvon Martin what was he guilty of-WHAT LEGAL CRIME HAD HE COMMITTED?

Absolutely I am outraged by Black on Black crime and something else that bothers me is that being minorities specifically Black minorities and the racial history of Black minorities with American prisons overflowing with Black minorities. Yes I have voiced my objections to Black on Black crime. I am only one voice and I can only impact those who choose to listen.

1. Mitch Alan profile image81

According to evidence, accepted by the court, Trayvon came up to Zimmerman. Additionally, the fact of whether Trayvon was or was not engaged in illegal activity was not pertinent to the case, as the case was about what happened at the physical confrontation.
          I am glad you have spoken out on the other crimes of violence...too many only speak out when there is a perceived "racial" component.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The "evidence" that you refer to was George Zimmerman's word.  Trayvon Martin could not refute it since he was dead and there were no witnesses to the start of the altercation.  However, in my opinion, there was plenty of circumstantial evidence to suggest that Trayvon did not attack first, including the fact that the skittles, Arizona iced tea, headphones and cell phone were all scattered near the body.  Think about it, if Trayvon took the time to circle around and attack first, wouldn't he put down the items he was carrying first?  If he had done that, it is unlikely they would be scattered around the crime scene.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now.  The jury decided and we have to accept that they did their duty to the best of their ability.

Beyond a shadow of doubt foes none include circumstantial evidence as a priority over facts. Based on the evidence presented and the law, there was no other verdict to give. We can base verdicts on emotion and circumstantial evidence. It was a tragic even for sure.

1. profile image0

Like I said, I'm not questioning the verdict.  The prosecution could not or did not prove their case.  However, it is still my opinion that GZ is guilty of manslaughter for sure and possibly second degree murder.

Mitch,
            Sadly I don't believe racism needs to be an issue here in America it is just unfortunate that there are too many of us who choose to clean to ignorance and until such time as we all stand against it we will forever have to deal with it.

If the court chose to ignore circumstances leading up to the killing them I feel the court is wrong.

What facts even bring race into the argument? Other than the race baiters and the media hype, why is race even being discussed?

3. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Zimmerman is still guilty of stupidity and poor judgment which will be his calling card in interactions with others for the rest of his days.

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Poor judgement indeed. If the idiot hadn't been walking about with a gun, nobody would have died. But no, he was carrying 'legally' so everything's just fine...

1. Superkev profile image59
          Superkevposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If GZ had not had a gun there is every possibility HE would have died from repeated knocking of his skull against a concrete sidewalk.

You ain't from around here are you?

No. I live in the MIddle East, in Qatar, a small Islamic country where immigrants outnumber locals by about 15 to 1 but nobody carries guns because nobody's afraid. You'd hate it.

1. Dr Stiffy profile image57
              Dr Stiffyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

You're maybe thinking of Saudi. That doesn't happen in Qatar or the UAE.

2. Dr Stiffy profile image57

Deleted

Yes, that tends to happen anywhere where there are more than enough natural resources to go around, especially where the government makes sure that all the locals benefit richly from the proceeds.

2. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

My head hurts. It's the grief I feel for a life lost for nothing. Makes me grieve for his mom and dad; makes me grieve all over again for my own brother's murder.

Janshares,

I can feel your grief. It is sad that this could have been prevented if procedures had been followed and speculation wasn't an issue that night.

1. janshares profile image93
        jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Span Star, for sharing in the moment. That's what's good about our hubpages community.

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 10 years ago

My whole family sat and watched the verdict.  I am overwhelmed with sadness and confusion that a boy can be walking home carrying a snack and be gunned down without consequences to the killer.  Something is terribly wrong for that to happen.

1. janshares profile image93

+1

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000

3. profile image51
      Lie Detectorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He wasn't killed for simply walking  home with a "snack". He was killed during the commission of a crime he was perpetrating!

That is why Zimmerman was found NOT GUILTY.

1. profile image0

Zimmerman was found not guilty because the jury didn't believe the prosecution proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he was guilty.

The only reason anyone thinks Trayvon committed a crime is because George Z. said so.  There is no evidence to say that Trayvon attacked first.  Just because George had some injuries does not prove that Trayvon wasn't defending himself against being accosted by George.

OJ was found not guilty, too, because the jury didn't believe it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt.  Doesn't mean he wasn't guilty.  Same with George.

1. profile image51

Keep telling yourself that, meanwhile in the real world Trayvon Martin is dead because of his actions!

4. SpanStar profile image60

This verdict sets a precedent for future incidents. If the court find it lawful to commit this kind of act then when it happens again the perpetrator will also be looking for a not guilty verdict.

By "this kind of act" you mean defending yourself when someone is on top of you and pounding your head in to a sidewalk?

Superkev,

I mean when you have to fight for your life against an armed assailant who threaten your life for reasons unknown to you, that kind of act.

1. Dr Stiffy profile image57

Deleted

Isn't it funny how some people relied totally on what others have to say it brings about the idea that people are actually brain-dead and they cannot formulate "more likely than not" situations which involve crimes.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
              PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When Trayvon was video taped creating  graffiti at school and later they looked in his backpack and found 12 pieces of jewelery, including women's earrings and silver wedding bands and a screw driver,  what in your opinion is "more likely than not'?

Whatever transpired prior to the encounter with Mister Zimmerman by young Trayvon Martin had absolutely nothing to do with the event of that night.

Would your implication be that we kill somebody then go back through their past and see if we can nail them on having done something wrong to justify that killing?

You wrote- people are actually brain-dead and they cannot formulate "more likely than not" situations which involve crimes.

The crime is vandalism. 12 pieces of jewelry including womens diamond earrings and silver wedding bands and a screwdriver were found in Trayvons backpack.

Formulate a "more likely than not" situation. which involve crimes.

Which is showing is after the fact. Mister Zimmerman did not know the kid he was profiling nor his background.

How does that play into justification of murder when what you say happened after the fact?

2. Superkev profile image59

So tell me what a teenage boy was doing with women's jewelry and a burglary tool then in his back pack. (this case was swept under the rug by the school police BTW) Is it really such a stretch that a kid, already suspended from school, was out looking to commit yet another burglary to fed his pot and purple drank habits? I think not.

You have no proof and already you are labeling this kid as a thief simply from what you project in your own my. Whether he stole these items are not has not been proven but in your mind because he has them he has to be a thief . Is he the teenager that ever stole anything? If any or all teenagers steal then are they fair game for murder?

2. Superkev profile image59

How was TM "fighting for his life" when he was on top and the weapon was in a holster until GZ pulled it out and fired? In what what way TM "assaulted"? How did GZ threaten TM's life?

GZ has said that TM tried to get the gun from him and told him "you're going to die tonight". Tell me again who was in fear and who wasn't.

You can have this Mister George Zimmerman, but before I would have him in my neighborhood I would choose a seeing-eye dog first.

Fortunately, you don't get to dictate where another person does or does not live. Are you some sort of Fascist?

What I am is an American citizen who doesn't like to see people in the role of law enforcement flying off the handle and creating life-threatening events to persons known or unknown simply because they decided someone looks suspicious.

Then let's just disband all neighborhood watch groups and tell everyone to sit back and be victims....it's the enlightened thing to do after all, right?

2. rhamson profile image71
        rhamsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think the act of acting against the orders from the police dispatcher for Zimmerman to stand down and not engage the suspect is what is relevant and a fact in the trial. They claim the verdict was based on facts but that one was kind of overlooked. Did Zimmerman willfully wish to shoot Martin? I don't think so but his acting against police wishes is what is the travesty that led to an innocent life being taken and disregarded in the process.

Maybe the act of doubling back, confronting and then attacking a guy trying to get back to his car had a little something to do with it too? Ya think?

Or maybe the breaking of his nose, pounding his head against the sidewalk, telling GZ he was "going to die tonight" had something to do with it? Ya think?

TM died because he thought he was a tough guy and attacked a man he thought was weak and unarmed. He thought wrong and paid the price for living the thug life -30-

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, he was such a thug that he was applying to go to University and actually could have gotten full-ride scholarships.  He, unlike Zimmerman, had never been arrested before. Yes, he got suspended from school because he had some marijuana seeds and he made some tough guy comments on Twitter. Hardly a thug. Have you read what other 17 years old boys say online?

Regardless, it would not have happened had Zimmerman not chosen to follow him.  We only can take Zimmerman's word for what happened or didn't happen.

LOL, applying to go to university LOL That's rich.

What universities did he apply to? And he could have got a Full-Ride scholarship huh? LOL

Monkey's could also fly out of my butt.

He got suspended from school for possession of an ILLEGAL drug and when he was searched they found women's jewelry and burg tools in his backpack. But yeah, he was an angel. LOL

I wonder where he got the guns he posted pictures of??

It is so sad how no one wants to know the truth about this thug because it just does not conform to their politically correct narrative. God forbid one of you actually acknowledge the truth about this little choir boy. That would be racist.

1. Credence2 profile image79

Monkey's could also fly out of my butt.
                you know, superkev, maybe they do just that!

Yep, in the same way that Trayvon Martin was a potential Full-Ride University scholarship recipient HAHAHAHAHA

That's almost as funny as Pilot Sum Ting Wong smile

Maybe because Zimmerman ignored his directive is the more salient issue you lost track of. Had Zimmerman listened to the police dispatcher this whole conversation would never have taken place. After Zimmerman refused to listen to the police Martin had every right to defend himself but Zimmerman had the benefit of deadly force which he used as a last resort. Zimmerman always had the upper hand and had done his job by identifying a suspect. Where he went wrong is when he operated outside the scope of his responsibilities.

1. profile image51

A 911 operator is not the police and has zero authority to issue orders!

1. rhamson profile image71

The police dispatchers are trained in police procedures and relay directives as outlined by their superiors who are run by the police department. By ignoring this directive Zimmerman put the events into motion that resulted in the loss of a mans life. No matter how you try to explain it away these facts remain. Just because the dispatcher is not a sworn in member of the force does not change the directive that was relayed as the accepted practice for handling the situation Zimmerman created.

Yes, exactamundo!

1. profile image51

Sorry, dispatchers or their superiors have no power!

2. profile image51

Not trying to explain anything away. The verdict is in, not guilty! The dispatchers superiors are not law enforcement and their directives carry zero weight! The police cannot give their powers to another, the order or directive was meaningless! You may have noticed Zimmerman was not charged with failing to obey a lawful order, you should have noticed the police and local prosecetors failed to charge him with anything! They apparently know how to read a law.

And GZ stated he was on his way back to his truck when TM confronted him. If you listen to the 911 tape, when she tells him not to follow him he replies "ok".

Meaningless except that because of ignoring the directive a man is dead. Sorry your excuse for the murder of Martin does not wash. Zimmerman had a voice in his ear telling him to stop. Whether you think the dispatcher had the authority to direct Zimmerman or not the fact remains that he was "advised or ordered", however you wish to take it to stop and he didn't. As a result the man is dead. As far as the police are concerned with it they have a little issue of the stand your ground law that makes the whole issue of whether or not Zimmerman was at fault for confronting Martin a little murky. You are reaching with this. I guess we will have to wait for the civil suit to ensue before we find out just how much Zimmerman will be held accountable for and why he acted on his own against the directive/advise of the dispatcher.

3. Superkev profile image59

Wait, loss of a MANS life??? All this time you all have painted him as an innocent child LOL Which is it??

5. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 10 years ago

^^^ Oh wow.....I was unaware that there was an eye witness that saw what happened.....smh

6. KT Banks profile image61
    KT Banksposted 10 years ago

I think it was natural for the fight or flight response to kick in when Trayvon realized he was being stalked and followed. He was trying to fight for his life - and he LOST HIS LIFE. Tonight's verdict is a Victory for all the Bullies out there. Just say "Help, help." before you Murder someone.

I think you have a point there.

2. janshares profile image93

KTBanks, that's what I've been thinking all along; don't understand why we didn't hear this perspective more. He tried to outsmart someone who was following him by trying to get the upper hand to defend himself. And he died for it. So sad.

3. Reality Bytes profile image75
      Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wish he had chose flight instead of fight and ran away!

7. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 10 years ago

I don't believe there was enough evidence to convict him, so I am glad (in the sense of fairness) that he was found not guilty.

We all have our way of looking at this case and I will grant you yours even though I see things differently.

1. profile image0
        Sooner28posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Granting me mine, and me granting you yours, means we both need to see the jury's decision as legitimate.  Rational people disagree on how to interpret the evidence, and the jury deliberated 16 hours before making their decision on what to do.

Since there is no reason to suspect them of being malicious or irrational, their decision must not spark outrages and riots across the country.

I'm not advocating violence are rioting. But the American justice system is not perfect and it has been wrong more than a few times if it were not so we would not have innocent Americans behind bars.

1. profile image0

I think that's true.

But this case doesn't have any of the elements that would suggest there was some unfair trial, or new evidence brought to light that would exonerate an innocent person (such as discovering someone else's DNA was found on a murder victim).

Of course dead men don't talk, but everyone was given a chance to call the witnesses they wanted, cross examine who they wanted, and make the points they wanted.

Going by the numbers (meaning following procedures) might get us the results were looking for but that doesn't necessarily mean those results are fair.

2. innersmiff profile image65
      innersmiffposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too, and I wonder how so many people seem to know from the bottom of their hearts what happened. Maybe they need to open their own detective agencies if they think they can do better.

1. profile image0

Speculation becomes certainty : P.  CNN today did a story about a black law intern working on Zimmerman's defense team, and she said she wouldn't have worked with the defense if she thought Zimmerman was a racist.

8. SpanStar profile image60

If it wasn't so tragic it would be humorous to hear certainly Americans talk like young Trayvon Martin was so wrong in his actions. I have lived in the American culture on my life and I believe I have a pretty good idea of the mindset of many Americans in this country. Americans like to be number 1 actually to the point to where it appears to be an expectation. Americans don't take guff (usually) so I have no doubt especially when it comes to male Americans that they would not have stopped Mister Zimmerman and questioned him about why he was following them. All one has to do is look at the history of America to see that Americans do not behave like sheep (usually).

Al Capone (1899-1947)
    The Purple Gang
    Bugsy Siegel (1906-1947)
    Dutch Schultz (1902-1935)
    Bonnie and Clyde

Yes these are criminals they are however American criminals who have made it big in America in this list doesn't begin to show the number of Americans who have influenced the lifestyle of Americans as we portrayed them on our television screens and in our Movies.

9. SpanStar profile image60

No PhoenixV,
    You don't know-you only think you know. This is my last point of evidence I'm going to present to you because obviously you're not listening.

A neighbor watched some kid from across the street climbing into a window of his neighbor's home. This neighbor called the police when the police got there and did their investigation the kid climbing into the window was the boyfriend of the girl who lived there.

Can you formulate a "more likely than not" opinion on why Trayvon was found with 12 pieces of jewelry, womens jewelry, silver wedding bands and a screwdriver. Yes or No?

I've already answered this question look back in the other previous post

What is your "more likely than not" conclusion  on why Trayvon was found with 12 pieces of jewelry, womens jewelry, silver wedding bands and a screwdriver.

PhoenixV,
            We' re finished talking I've addressed your question you never once answered what this have to do with that night since this happened before that night.

Because that would point to the strong possibility that TM was out looking for another score in a more affluent part of town. And not just out buying skittles and tea. That would also make more sense as to why he became aggressive at being spotted. He wasn't afraid of GZ, he was afraid of getting caught and going to jail for prowling. Or whatever else he was getting ready to do.

Makes much more sense as to why, like a normal person, he would not have put distance between himself and a perceived threat rather than close on and attack it. You do that when you feel you can win, not when you feel threatened.

I am going to end this bantering because it serves no purpose. Once before I use the word projection I emphasize that. One can create all kinds of scenarios in their mind about what the other person is doing none of which has to be true.

None of which is inherently wrong either, right? smile

Yes, it is wrong, superkev. the boy was stalked harassed and killed by a two bit flunky. Martin was guilty only of walking while black. You have no right to attach any motives to him and his right to lawful movement without being accosted

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty unless that is just for reserved for white boys? You are a walking, talking example of what is wrong with America today. You are disgusting in your persona and arguments.

10. Irish Shrew profile image70
    Irish Shrewposted 10 years ago

When I was a Probation Officer, I couldn't believe how hard it was at deciphering the truth from all of the different versions to the story. No one admitted guilt. I think this horrible crime began with a wannabe cop(Zimmerman) and a child that was trying to be tough. Honest to God, I believe that race was not a factor. I wish the media would stop trying to sensationalize everything for ratings. They are doing a disservice to all Americans, i.e. NBC and their editing of the 911 call.This is a very sad and no-win situation. I wish Zimmerman would have heeded the advice of the dispatcher and walked away. I wish Trayvon would have gone directly home without the aggressive behavior. It's a sad day, as well, for Americans that want to live each day, color- blind but the racist(from all races) want to make each and every incident a conflict to fuel the fires of hate.

Sorry this affair has been ugly, now that all parties have made their points, it is time to move beyond. While time will heal all wounds, this just serves as  another example how far we actually are from a kumbaya society.

11. SpanStar profile image60

This is for everyone except Superkev & PhoenixV
    If I had to convince someone of something and my 2 choices were Superkev & PhoenixV or a Brick Wall well you know what my choice would be.

The case may be closed but the travesty of this situation lives on. Since there are those who believed young Trayvon Martin should not have stopped to deal with a stranger following him then I would be interested in what you would have done under the same circumstance? First of all if one of those answers simply means running away what if you can't run fast enough or far enough?

1. profile image51

I guess if I was not doing anything wrong I would call the police!

Its not like poor ol Treyvon didn't have a phone..

Or the ability to outrun Zimmerman by a country mile.

1. profile image51

I'm pretty sure I could outrun Zimmerman.

Lie Detector

Just because people don't do things the way you think they should do them doesn't make them wrong.

1. profile image51

In this case it made them dead! I suppose that is preferable to you.

You are wrong

Mister George Zimmerman made him dead.

1. profile image51

No one is disputing that, it was justifiable and only the race baiters are keeping this alive!

Not guilty means just that.

"Not guilty means just that."

Oh Really-Please tell Mister O.J. Simpson that!

1. profile image51

No need to tell him that, he was found not guilty too.

Based on the lifestyle he's been living with so many people claiming that he's guilty I believe he would like to hear somebody say he's not guilty.

2. PhoenixV profile image64

I have offered no opinion whatsoever on the case.  I asked you to formulate an opinion based upon your claim that everyone else that does not come to the same conclusions as you, is brain dead.

SpanStar wrote:

Isn't it funny how some people relied totally on what others have to say it brings about the idea that people are actually brain-dead and they cannot formulate "more likely than not" situations which involve crimes.

PhoenixV

When Trayvon was video taped creating  graffiti at school and later they looked in his backpack and found 12 pieces of jewelery, including women's earrings and silver wedding bands and a screw driver,  what in your opinion is "more likely than not'?

Do you have sources for those facts?

Pretend its a hypothetical.

2. profile image51

Seriously? The Daily Mail? I don't see any links to official documents.
            And.... since you are so intent on the rule of law... they "allegedly" found tools and jewelry on him.

Funny, he did all that and all it got was him suspended from school. He wasn't arrested. They have to put the fact he played hookey in there, most of us did that at least once.

Which sworn affidavit pertaining to trayvon and 12 pieces of womens jewelry and a screwdriver found in his backpack would convince you?

2. profile image51

LOL, you're not going to believe anything except the mean ol racist killed the poor defenseless child.

I have never once called Zimmerman a racist

1. profile image51

If you say so.

3. Superkev profile image59

Yep, knew about that weeks ago, the school dist. police were under orders to keep the arrests of black students down because they needed better numbers on that statistic. So it was never reported to the local PD and just swept under the rug.

I wonder if any of you bleeding hearts feel sorry for the woman who may have had her wedding ring stolen only to be denied the chance of getting it back due to political correctness.

12. SpanStar profile image60

I could use a little help in understanding something. Can someone explain why the court chose to ignore what led up to this killing?

I was always under the impression we wanted to get to the truth so we start from the beginning but this situation brings to mind a scenario such as, the police are called to a domestic dispute the husband lies dead in the bedroom because the wife has shot him. When the investigators arrive they basically say we're not interested in hearing how he threatened you, and chased you around the house all we want to know is while he was choking you why did you shoot him?

1. profile image51

On and on. Zimmerman did not violate the law! We are legally able to get out of our cars and do the same thing.

You don't want to get it so you never will!

I appreciate your contribution toward the question but as I see it doesn't exactly answer.

We are legally able to do a lot of things but does being legal also mean being right? I can legally tell someone I don't like your kind in my neighborhood.

1. profile image51

Yes you can. And you can not be convicted of a crime for doing so.

Now do you get it?

And what crime might that be? Since I am expressing a personal opinion.

1. profile image51

What? I said you can not be convicted of a crime!

2. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Obviously being legal doesn't always mean being right.  We don't, however, put people in jail for doing the "wrong" but legal thing, thank goodness, as "wrong" varies widely person to person.  We agree (via voting through our elected representative) as to what is legal, but can never all agree as to "wrong".

But what makes you think preceding actions were not considered?  Your own link above from a juror plainly states her opinion of what happened prior to the shooting...

13. SpanStar profile image60

Wilderness,

In one of these forums someone posted when I asked a similar question that the court felt the only issue of importance was the moment of confrontation between Mister Zimmerman and teenager Trayvon Martin.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That would seem odd, but I guess that if you deny any connection to the "stand your ground" law it could be so.  And that law was not presented by either side.

On the other hand, testimony was heard by both mothers that the phone call had their son yelling for help.  I didn't see it, but understand that Zimmerman's testimony as to what happened prior to the confrontation was heard, as was the 911 call.  All that would seem to negate the idea that the only thing of importance was the moment of confrontation.

Of course, the court also refused to allow evidence as to Martin's past history or character, which would seem important to me.  Do you know if any of Zimmerman's history (past 911 calls, working with neighborhood kids, trying for the police force etc.) was allowed?

I only get bits and pieces of a court case there is a lot about the actual trial that I've missed.

1. profile image51

But you feel competent to say that Zimmerman is guilty?

Lie Detector,

More than competent because you see I don't need people to think for me I can do that myself.

Be advised the people you put your faith in (jurors) didn't have any more information than anyone else and so they formulated their own opinion and also note their unanimous verdict was not their first and only decision.

1. profile image51

LOL, you have admitted to not knowing much about the evidence and STILL feel as if you are qualified to pass judgement.

Here is a clue for you....you're not!

And like I said I don't need to be led around by the nose.

2. Mitch Alan profile image81

The only part of the incident that would have been considered illegal would have been the physical confrontation. Whether Trayvon or Zimmerman threw the first punch, it was only at that point was there a crime committed. And, the evidence presented showed that Trayvon circled back to Zimmerman and attacked him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)