Why is Bubblews outperforming HubPages? How is this possible?

Jump to Last Post 51-93 of 93 discussions (434 posts)
  1. earner profile image80
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I'm close to $200 earnt there in 5 weeks.... and I was away for just over a week in the middle of that.

It's "bread today" .... perchance I'll still be alive long enough to collect my "cake next month" here.

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

I got my first Bubblews payment approved today after hitting the redeem button on Sunday. I earned it from about 30 posts, which took 2-10 minutes each to write, and which I slipped in at odd times of the day in between doing other things. The sum involved is equivalent to a year's earnings on HP at current rates, for 22 hubs that mostly took six hours or more each to write. What is more, I am not faced with the censorship of idling nor with having stupid scores assigned to my work and me by anonymous and unqualified people. After flinging up a couple of very short bubbles yesterday, I am 10% towards my next payout (i.e. I have earned the equivalent of just over a month's earnings on HP for a few minutes of broadcasting my thoughts on a couple of random subjects).

3. Greekgeek profile image77
    Greekgeekposted 10 years ago

If you leave your bubbles for a while to do other things, do they still earn?

E.G. i've only written one new hub this year because I've been busy with my own websites, but my monthly hub earnings are not quite double payout threshold without my doing anything but checking comments and adding a few minor updates to hubs that need them (I mostly write on evergreen topics so they won't). It's not great, but it's something.

For me the goal is to have lots of little income streams to support me while I work on creative projects. If a site requires frequent participation, it's preventing me from creating new content or working on other projects, so to me it's just a time sink keeping me from becoming more self-sufficient.

It sounds like Bubblews only works if you stay active on the site? Or is it just that you all enjoy hnaging out there?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I joined and wrote enough to earn my first payout.  It took a couple of weeks and 10 articles - which sounds good, especially as those articles were only 300 words, and consisted of deleted posts from old blogs, so they took very little effort.  However, in those two weeks I was active every single day, commenting and liking and following.  I'd say my hourly rate worked out at about $1 an hour!

Lissie has been very active there for some time, and I saw her comment a few weeks ago, saying her average earnings were $1 per hour, too.  I know Lissie keeps careful tabs on her profitability so I'd say she would be fairly accurate.

Since I stopped participating in the site, I've earned another $5 in about four weeks, so it looks as though there is some residual - how long it will last, I don't know.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I signed up to Bubblews in mid Sept., but didn't post until October. I've already been paid twice, and am working on my third payout. I am noticing that as I get more connections, I can make money more easily than by writing more and more Bubbles!

400 characters is short though, and it doesn't fill my need to explore subjects that interest me (and hopefully others) in more depth. So I still play around with my blog. But the short blurbs are so little, I also found I can write one in about 5 minutes here and there while I'm doing stuff around the house. It's important to keep checking and making connections everyday though.

I haven't put any links though, I'm afraid it may hurt my other writing. They mention some links are allowed in the TOS, but I find it vague and didn't want to chance it. I do put some tags on, and put a few Bubbles titles on Google 1. I'm on Bubblews in my own name. I was going to change it, but I've written in so many places now I'm sure people recognize me. I don't write metaphysics there, it's whatever pops into my head.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

GreekGeek:  I went on a three week vacation, did absolutely nothing with Bubblews and earned $20.  Does that answer your question?

Partly.  3 weeks is not a long time.  The real question is, if you stopped writing there, how long would it take for the income to dry up?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Marisa Wright   Oh, I don't think it would take too long at all, but it is so easy to write there that I don't care.  As my hubby says...ride the horse until it won't go any more then get a new horse!

1. viryabo profile image94
            viryaboposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

4. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

400 character is only the minimum, you can always write more. I would not put links to your other writing on Bubblews unless you are willing to risk your payment from them.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I don't write a post and check the word count.  I am not thinking about the dollar per number of words return.  It is about the post - is it the right length for the subject and the reader.

I am still, after three months, thinking and learning about Bubblews.  How to maximise return, what residual or 'extra' income is available, how much possibility is there for increasing income.

I spent three years at HubPages, and still here but not written anything for a while.  That three years was a learning experience.  A few months at Bubblews is a similar learning experience.

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 10 years ago

The thread that refuses to flush, lol.

1. bat115 profile image79
        bat115posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The three things you can't talk about on Hubpages: Politics, Religion and Bubblews!

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
          Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh...censorship!  That is the answer!  Not.....

2. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Replying to my post was your excuse for reanimating this dead thread? lol.

Why not try a live thread?

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/118000? … ost2510028

No, someone else reanimated before me which is how I saw your post. I didn't mean to offend!

You mean I have go to look for someone else to me unkind to?

If that's what you choose to do. Who am I to judge a lifestyle?

Exactly. No one at all.

Goodbye now.

Don't go off and be offended.

I was making fun of myself more than you.

2. carlarmes profile image66
      carlarmesposted 10 years ago

I had not even heard of bubblews until reading this thread, I am now going off to sign up right this minute. I find Hubpages directs a steady amount of traffic to my websites each month equal to the traffic I get through Youtube and more than Pinterest.

3. profile image62
      Daytime Divasposted 10 years ago

Just to present the other side of the coin:  I wrote very similar content on Bubblews as I do here.  They  initially paid, and they paid well.  There is no denying that the payment rate is very generous.  I, too, watched as my redemptions were paid as other complained that they weren't being paid.  My attitude was "it's too good to ignore while it lasts."

For me, it didn't last.

I'm the type of person that assumes I have done something wrong.  So, I reported my missing payments to the email address suggested (a gmail account) and politely requested they inform me of my error, if any.  I received a lovely email back saying they would look into my account and get back to me.  And they requested I give them time to do their jobs.

So, I did. 

It is now 4 months later and I haven't heard a word from Bubblews support, and my redemptions continue to fail.  I can only assume that the same posting style that can earn you an Editors Choice award on Hubpages is against the rules over at Bubblews.

Yes, the CPM I earn on HubPages is lower than at Bubblews, but I haven't missed or had to chase up a payment yet.  In my book, that is worth a lot.

I am not bitter about my bubblews experience.  Frankly, it just "is what it is".  And I wish everyone who is earning over there all the best.  It really is a great opportunity.  I, however, am slowly editing my posts down to the required 400 character limit and posting my content elsewhere....and yes, I am now intentionally breaking their rules by posting links to other sites where I do earn....

4. Mark Lees profile image77
      Mark Leesposted 10 years ago

Bubblews is effectively conning the advertisers because they get impressions and page visits from people purely building their "community". It will have short term success but good quality is the only route to sustained success.

1. NateB11 profile image87
        NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is a method that's worked for Facebook; advertising to users inside the community. However, since posts on Bubblews get indexed, they are not really only advertising to just inside members.

1. Mark Lees profile image77
          Mark Leesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Facebook is groups who share interest- it is quite likely to result in a sale comparative to blind advertising.

On Bubblews the articles are "liked" without being read- indeed the most popular articles are usually personal articles about bubblews. They get indexed but they do not attract significant external users and the groups are not bonded by anything other than being signed up to Bubblews.

I don't see how Facebook users are any more "grouped" than  Bubblews users. That is primarily speculation. From what I've seen of Facebook, it is primarily made up of people who goof around and brag. There's no definite grouping going on there. It is speculation to say that a Bubblews article is liked without being read. There's no way to prove that and, in fact, I know people  definitely read my articles there because their comments reveal it to be so. Theory, I'm afraid, never points to fact. I can also tell you I have posts indexed there that get a significant amount of external traffic, and it is not at all about Bubblews; those posts about Bubblews are popular internally. One other thing is that, in fact, Bubblews users could be said to be grouped. Some are writers from other sites that have followed friends there; some are from certain countries and group themselves with others from those countries. There are various ways you could say people are grouped on Bubblews. And advertising there targets users, so there is no blind advertising anyway.

1. Mark Lees profile image77
              Mark Leesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Facebook has groups- they use the groups to group people. Quite simple.

I use bubblews too and I see loads of awful posts which are poorly written and  with almost no merit that get hundreds of likes. The grouping in bubblews is more to do with who connects- it is random. Most of the people who have connected with me, other 90%, live on another continent and usually don't write on the same topics I do.

Yes, there are some external views but not that many comparable. Certainly less than 1% of likes are from people not connected.

The notification system means you don't follow threads because you will have hundreds if you are not logged permanently- I look at the last four or five posts when I log in but don't scour through all of them and there is no way I would ever catch up if I tried to- it doesn't tell you what the posts are about just who has wrote it.
              I have also studied all the metric data I can gather and it suggests that the vast majority of the content that is viewed comes from internal traffic. The strong link between connections and views is one obvious way of seeing that.

And I have had new connections like 10 posts within a minute- the fact that it is possible to like a post without reading it means that posts will be liked without the onerous task of having to read it in the hope of getting a like back.

Of course not all users are using the site in that manner, but a significant percentage are and it is clear that the site owners are not too bothered provided they keep generating advertising revenue.

5. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 10 years ago

I think Bubblews is just "OK."  In any event, I would not be quick to judge it as "outdoing" Hubpages...or any other site, for that matter.
      IMO, They are entirely different from one another.  Honestly, there's little comparison.  Also, Bubblews is still in it's baby stages....much too soon to begin comparing "numbers" and so many things that are variable and change with the wind.
      Both have their loyal proponents, as well as disappointed members, who find reason to complain and/or criticize.  I've read numerous articles by individuals, giving their opinion of Bubblews, 90% of those, quite negative.  By far, the most frequent complaint is NON-redemption of payments.......with ZERO explanation or comment from Admin.  All these people can't be wrong or just an oversight.
      This is extremely unprofessional.....hell, skip professionalism.....it's plain rude and unacceptable.
      I freely admit to being a dedicated Hubber, but will add that this has less to do with HP and everything to do with the marvelous, talented people from every corner of the world...I have come to love. 
      To those who have been cashing in like crazy....redeem after redeem....$25  $25  $25  from Bubblews....good for you and I wish you continued success.  You are very few and far between.  In fact, I believe you have been the randomly chosen few to spread the "positive" lure and hook....but.....that's just me.  I could be wrong.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
        DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do not think you are wrong at all. Certain people seem to be chosen by Bubblews, the rest, and probably the vast majority, are lied to and may get the occassional redemption, but more often do not.
        It is okay as a social media site, but it is definitely not a writing site. Writing ability has nothing to do with your popularity.

2. Solaras profile image97
        Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So far I have had no redemption issues with the site.  However it is so slow and so often out of commission that the process of community service has exhausted much of my interest in the site.

With occasional posts and community interaction I can earn $50-60 a month, and I am good with that.  I also notice that the manic number of notifications has decreased to a third of what it was, so I think others are slowing down too.  To be successful there I think you need to make it a full time job, which effectively earns you $3.00 per hour at best.

I prefer HP for the long term residual income, as well as the informative forums from which I am always learning.

1. fpherj48 profile image60
          fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Their "notification" process leaves much to be desired.  In Fact, it's fairly outrageous.  For instance...."Miss XXYYZZ commented on YOUR comment."     Well, No, not really.  Miss XXYYZZ merely added a comment to the same post I had commented on, in the same thread.  Not interested in every single 400 comments....just a waste of precious time, going back & forth.  Are they serious?  In less than 24 hrs. one Bubbler can amass 500 NOTIFICATIONS!!!   
          How do you sort through them?  What do you read?  When do you comment?  If you skip over numerous ones....do you self implode?  Do people actually KEEP TRACK OF THIS?   
          I'm afraid I have an announcement to make.  I have a life.   LOL.....Peace!

3. Scottie Futch profile image65
        Scottie Futchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are over 100,000 Bubblews members but at most a few hundred people have had issues with redemptions at any time. A large majority of those people DID IN FACT break rules. They are contacted left and right now about those violations, both on site (they post your name and the violations, usually multiple) on a staff member's profile and email.

Those individuals who did not break rules have been getting paid after everything was sorted out. I happen to be one of those people who broke no rules and had my one lost redemption payout sorted.

A few hundred people is a few hundred people too many when there is no feedback, but most of the people who say, "I didn't violate any rules!!!111!!" probably violated rules for like rings, tagging, comment spam and so on. The few out of that number who did actually NOT violate a rule have been getting paid back, and several of those people have received months of back redemptions after discovering the issues.

I've been there nearly a year and receive redemptions 3 -5 times a week for average weeks. In all that time I had only one payment issue and it was sorted out. There are some who did nothing wrong and had issues. Don't be fooled into thinking that it is arbitrary, there have been deletions, bans, and other things left and right since new staff members were hired to take on some of the work load.

1. fpherj48 profile image60
          fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Very nice of you to take the time for such a lengthy and info-packed comment.  In fact, you clearly know so much about Bubblews, the background, payment issues, reasons, communications, newly hired staff, activity behind the scenes and statistics.......the vast majority of readers, might get the impression that you actually work for Bubblews.   Thanks!

1. weekend profile image60
            weekendposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's certainly the impression I've got.

1. Scottie Futch profile image65

They post all that on their profiles as bubbles.

To elaborate, anyone who bothers to check those posted bubbles will know this. Still, what do I know.. I  actually do work for Bubblews. Every time I post a bubble, get views, and get paid a check. Just like everyone else here who did. The difference is that if I suddenly stop being paid I won't sit around and talk about it over the Internet all day and bemoan my fate.

The recent downtime and severe maintenance issues has sent me searching for alternatives and I found a few. I don't know how well they'll do yet, but hey at least they stay up for more than five minutes at a time.

1. Thomas Swan profile image96
                  Thomas Swanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"The difference is that if I suddenly stop being paid I won't sit around and talk about it over the Internet all day and bemoan my fate."

Such a charmer this one...

Yes, I am. Thank you for noticing.

I write there too, but don't take it seriously. However, it's a fun way to make a quick $25.00. You don't have to wait 6 months and pile up a load of material. Having said that, they are only asking for 500 characters. It's a step up from Twitter. It's not worth it to put an article on there. Nobody is reading even the short blurbs you write, or they may if you stick with the 500 characters. I'll do it while I get paid, but most of it is like reading people's personal diaries, and the content is terrible. Many people can barely speak English.

Don't waste time writing anything long there. I see people saying stuff like, "I'm going for quality on Bubblews." It's one long paragraph or 8 average sized sentences. How much "quality" can you get from that? At least they pay you for writing so advertisers have pages to advertise on. Hubpages can't be bothered with that or answering anyone's questions, even those of us who gave them quality content for years.

Scottie Futch    I tried to find those little blue arrows you mentioned to research my older posts, but I do not see them anywhere,  Can you elaborate a bit to help me?  thanks.

Go to your profile page, not your user archive. The arrows are right next to your posts. If you use informer like me then you will have a blue arrow at the top and another at the bottom of your five most recent posts.

If you use another profile type then check where your posts show up on your profile and the arrows are next to them. Click the down arrow if you use the informer profile type. You can then check through all the posts you have, five at a time. It is slow and tedious but they are there.

I was really irate with the archive the first time it stopped listing all my posts, but someone pointed this out to me. So, I share it freely. smile

6. PCGaminghub profile image63
      PCGaminghubposted 10 years ago

I think there are clear misconceptions regarding Trust, PR and indexing by Google. Black Hat still works, it just works differently than before. It is still possible to outrank by merely giving the impression of this "quality" Google speaks of.

The new algorithms aren't really about quality, they are about ranking Google's own content better. Pages which adjust accordingly can still use old techniques.

7. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I spent a month on Bubblews, and loved it!

It cannot be compared to HP. Bubblews is primarily a social networking site, and I'm one of those who always hoped that HP was a 'writing site'.

Bubblews is perfect for those situations when you find a niche keyword question that is not answered elsewhere. Not all questions need a 700 word answer.

It is also perfect if you want to spend your online time interacting with others, social networking and getting paid for it,
      Even better if you are from an ESL country,
      Thing is, I'm not.

English is my first language and I hate seeing it misused.
      I have time constraints that prevent me from using
      Bubblews full-time, but the way the site is set up, it's not a part-time occupation either.

The reporting of where your traffic comes from is another failure in my books.

As you don't use your Google account, you have no way of knowing traffic levels, where your traffic comes from, how people found your page etc.

So there is no learning experience, unlike here on HP.

1. alexadry profile image94
        alexadryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have two accounts on bubblews and the pay was impressive in both cases for the amount of work done there. Got 2 payouts within days for just 20 posts, but it's also true that some of them went "viral" because they were very timely posts and when this happened I must admit it was a good hourly pay. I think for those who have the time, it's a good way to make money fast.  It won't work for me though because of that, the fact that I lack time, and also because the articles I write here are mostly handouts/newsletters for clients and other trainers that I must print out, and good presentation is key.

8. dwelburn profile image92
      dwelburnposted 10 years ago

Yes I have redeemed three times on there and have had no problems. But I find keeping up with connections far too time consuming, so have not written on there for a while now.
      It's a good site, but I think the long term prospects are better with HP as you seem to get very little returns there when you stop being active.

Redeemed, redemption, lol.

I can see the headline:

Fake Social Networking Site Offers Redemption to the Chosen

1. Solaras profile image97

LOL

2. Scottie Futch profile image65

That is definitely an issue. I've woken up to over 3,000... but then could do nothing about anyting but the last 200. It eats your time, a lot. Even if people want to criticize the site, justly or unjustly, I love it. Do I think they'll kick me off for some rules violation or other that I don't realize at some point? That's a definite maybe. When I started there were only 4 summarized rules.

I can honestly say that there is no way for me to know whether or not my oldest posts there violate any current rules without spending hours upon hours sifting through them. They deleted Liam and he had to start over. I have no idea how he found the energy to do that! I can't say in all honesty that they can't or won't do it to anyone.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

That site is getting to be a real pain in the a$$. I post a bubble; the site crashes. In other words, no initial flurry and thus completely wasted work.

Just exactly my experience this morning, and I am constantly being told I already liked something when I have not.  That means people are not getting their proper "Likes" and according payment.

Additionally, a good number of my posts are no longer in my archive. They exist on a Google search, but must I assume that I no longer receive any income from them, as they are no longer part of my anthology.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same here.

And this time it has really pi$$ed me off. It's bad enough when I get punished by life for my own screw ups. Adding my getting punished for other peoples' screw ups on top of that is pushing me to my limit.

Do you live at the bottom of a steep brown hill?

Rant. Rant. Rant. Contemplating life as I'm eating an actually very delicious meal of sardines in tomato sauce. Perking up as we speak.

1. Nell Rose profile image90
                Nell Roseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I lve sardines too, can I join you? smile

Absolutely.

I just looked up the nutrition data for those things. They are darn near a superfood. I'd write a bubble on it, but to heck with it. Someone else can do it. big_smile

2. Scottie Futch profile image65

Your posts still exist. You can find them from your profile by clicking on the little blue arrows. next to your list of posts. That is your real archive. The one that you see up at the top only has your most recent posts as of a few months  at most. If you use the arrows on your profile it takes a while to get to your first posts, but you'll find them all there.

Oh no, I have scrolled through my archive and many posts are gone.  I had a series on 10 tips to improve neuroplasticity (these still get views from external visitors).  Since they were numbered tip 1-10 it is easy for me to see that 4 of them are missing.  My Spider Club post and its related Spider story are gone from my archive as well. 

How is it possible for them to randomly drop posts from my opus.

They are? Have you gone through your article posts on your profile or just clicked on the user archive link? I know, what's your member name? I'll check. I've noticed that people are missing posts here and there of late. Two of my friends there were missing posts and asked me about me since I might give them a straight answer.

I am Kittydog over there and WTF - now only 4 of my neuroplasticity 10 tips exist in my user archive!! I think a full third of my magnificence has been deleted or diluted; I am not sure which.   
                Really - I feel as though I am becoming transparent in Bubblews world.
                As Ronnie Reagan wondered, "Where's the rest of me...." and what of my income, cause those posts still exist in Google land...

10. Will Apse profile image88

You guys are lacking spirit.

How is Arvind going to get his super-yatch!

I can't imagine how much you are enjoying this - good things come to those who wait. lol

Arvind will get his super yacht by not sharing pennies with me on my lost articles and forcing me to reenter my captcha phrase time and again, thereby forcing me to view 3 more ads per attempt at submitting an article

The frigging site is down again.....

11. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 10 years ago

I think that Bubblews has some major problems, and yes I love writing there, but every single day this week its been 'broken' all afternoon. Unless of course they are deliberately cutting peoples time down?

The 'downtime' drove me to look for other options and I found Teckler and Post Any Article. How those will turn out is anyone's guess, but at least it's something to do. I have come to love Bubblews, but honestly if this keeps up they'll get demoted to second wife while I hang out with pretty young writing sites. smile

I think there has been far too much complaining and surmising about Bubblews and I think people are taking the site far too seriously.  People are posting there and making money, and if they follow the rules, they get paid.  If they don't like the way the notifications are done, so what?  When people read me, I read them back.  If I have time, I read work from new people.  The site is down a lot because it has become so popular that the tech people cannot keep up with all of it.  The glitches are due to constant upgrading, and this will continue until things even out.

Is it HP?  Of course not, but a LOT of HP writers are over there now, and enjoying the heck out of their earnings.  For me, Bubblews is a place to put all of those articles that never made it on HP so that I can earn from them and then let them go. 

I write on both sites.  I like both sites.  I don't look for conspiracies, etc and I don't dis either site.

Lighten up people.  None of this is going to make anybody rich, so who cares?

I'm not going to 'lighten up'. I want my money!

It doesn't even have much to do with the money anymore as far as I'm concerned. It's the principle of the matter.

It's actually a very, very serious matter, especially because I know that I'm not the only one who is not being paid in spite of not breaking Bubblew's rules, nor gaming their system.

I'm using another account, but I've actually been on HubPages for four years. Not once has HubPages, Adsense or Amazon omitted to pay me. I haven't encountered anyone, either, who is owed money by these companies.

I doubt,too, that if I went around calling any of these companies scammers that I'd find people with reason to agree with me.

But Bubblews failed to pay me three 'redemptions' within my first four weeks on the site. And I know a few others within my circles who haven't been paid by Bubblews. And when I went around calling Bubblews scammers, I ran into a lot of people with cause to agree with me. They're all over the Internet. This tells me something is very, very wrong.

Anyway, I really don't like being lured into doing something that takes up my time and energy, only to come out of it empty handed. I contributed content to Bubblews on Bubblews' terms and conditions, abiding by their every rule, but never received the reward promised for doing so. Bubblews gained original content from me (my intellectual property) under false pretenses with the intention of using it to generate advertising revenue. Not only is Bubblews doing this with me, but with countless others, too--that equals countless $0.01s per interaction.

Is that really the right way of going about things? Would you think people should 'lighten up' if HubPages, Adsense, Amazon etc. were behaving in this way? Nobody should be behaving in this way. It's illegal!

You have SERIOUSLY, never heard a single person call Adsense a scam? Really, honestly? You can read REAMS of the exact same kind of stuff that people say about Bubblews point right at google "When I reached payout they cancelled my account." "They deleted my account and they won't explain why." Have you ever tried to have a conversation with Google? Yeah, no.

Bubblews is in NO way worse than dealing with Google if they decide they don't like you. The difference is that they can blame you for crap other people do and keep every bit of your money. Look up 'click bombing'.

The same things about "Well, Google Always pays me and it's because I'm not a scammer." comes out of adsense white knight defenders. The difference is that Google pretty much own searching on the Internet and you have to play their game right now. Bubblews is just a social site that pays people for socializing.

No, I have SERIOUSLY never heard a single person call Adsense a scam. And I've never run into the REAMS of the exact same kind of stuff that people say about Bubblews.

Actually, Bubblews never cancelled my account. Bubblews simply continued to earn from my posts without paying me my share. Bubblews ignored all of my emails. One day I decided I was completely wasting my time and took down my posts myself.

I've been running my own websites for three years earning revenue through Google Adsense, and have never, ever experienced a problem of any kind. None of the webmasters I associate with have ever expressed having problems with Google, either.

I admit that I have noticed a couple of forum threads during my four years on HubPages where somebody seems puzzled because their Adsense account has been cancelled, but these really are isolated incidences, and these threads haven't attracted numerous other individuals with the same problem. Google doesn't appear to send shills to such threads, either.

Hmm, I'm surprised. It's good to hear that you've managed to do well with AdSense. I had high hopes for it myself and still wonder what the heck happened. One day I was churning right along. The next, I log into hubpages here to see how I was doing and everything was shut down.

I checked my other sites, bam. Google only replied to me with a weird form letter and when I asked for further clarification they thanked me for my interest and never spoke to me again.

I suppose that I only came across so many other complaints because I actively sought out some rhyme or reason for it happening. The closest I could come up with is click bombing but I still don't know how or why someone would do that to me. It could have been a weird metric or something I guess.

There were a lot of people in the same boat as me I found. It was hardly isolated, but just like how some people treat those who have not been paid by Bubblews those of us who got booted from AdSense are seen as automatic scammers.

I honestly think that most people who actually did violate a Bubblews TOU rule probably did so without realizing it. It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with just not realizing it. Like the people who posted bank screen shots or pictures of the redemption button. The TOU clearly states that this is a violation of their intellectual property rights but people STILL do it even now, and they still get their posts deleted, or even their accounts.

I know it sucks not to get paid, especially if you were really excited about something. I heard a lot of awesome things about AdSense, but it just did not work out for me. I don't think of it as a scam but I do wonder at what the heck happened.

Have you since tried to get the account reinstated?

I tried it once, but they said no. It has been a year. I might try it again but I am concerned about it. Honestly it reminds me of my scooter. The thing has been fixed a lot and dies on me after a day.

I'm a bit paranoid about AdSense now, everything went well for a few months and then wham. I might look into it again, but I do wonder if they will allow it. I've mostly been told by various people that its for life if you're booted. I had a few suggest 'less than proper' ways of getting a new account but I won't do anything like that.

How well does it work for you? None of the alternatives that I tried really even came close and I wasn't even doing that great.

2. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way!

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
              wordscribe43posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I concur!!

1. CMHypno profile image82
                CMHypnoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree as well.  I don't write on Bubblews because I don't want to.  That doesn't make it a bad site, a place that needs to be torched then salted into the ground, just somewhere I am not posting at the moment.

No wonder religion is such a problem, when folks can get so heated up about a little thing (which actually has nothing to do with them) like other writer's choices.Writing on Bubblews is not heresy or treason and you won't burn in hell if you set up an account there lol!

Everyone chill out and have a nice day smile

1. Writer Fox profile image31
                  Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great advice.  People who go out of their way to criticize the choices made by creative writers have big, tilted heads and little monetary success with their own feeble writing attempts.  It' far easier to criticize than it is to create. Pea-brains are always green with envy for those who can accomplish what they cannot.

Another one demanding that people shall hold no opinions.

Defending, also, banality, fakery and exploitation on a grand scale.

12. Will Apse profile image88

The Bubbler Poem

They pay

They don't pay

They pay

They don't pay

You broke the rules

I didn't break the rules

They pay

They don't pay

They pay

They don't pay

You broke the rules

I didn't break the rules

They pay

They don't pay

They pay

They don't pay

About as interesting as the site itself.....

13. PCGaminghub profile image63
      PCGaminghubposted 10 years ago

Bubblews is hardly writing. I joined today and was eager to bomb the site with about 100 re-written posts, only to realise that they set a 10 post limit (or thereabouts). "Ah, that would make sense" I thought.

Regarding Adsense, people who are banned are always guilty of something. I understand that many people don't realise what it may be, but it is worth going through "The Academy" before even attempting to monetize. Click-bombing is really the least of your worries.

The issue they mentioned was 'fraudulent click activity', I didn't click on any of my own ads so unless they told me the wrong reason I just don't know what else it would be. I never said that it wasn't my fault somehow. I agreed to their Terms of service and accept their decision. It just sucks to me.

14. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I think that we are in a Renascence and that all of you are a part of it. These marvelous competing venues along with our ability to Blog and have websites and social media means that we can write and write and create and survive.

I am a write/scriber by trade with a law degree and a philosophy degree and much more and yet I am blown away and so happy to see better than me rise so far above me.

This is the worst of times and this is the best of times for us writers. Rejoice I say Rejoice!!

15. Anamika S profile image68
      Anamika Sposted 10 years ago

My experience with Bubblews is negative. I just posted a Bubblews Review on my new Blog on Online Livelihood. You can find the link on my FB page. I would appreciate if those who got paid /not paid post a comment there.

1. christin53 profile image84
        christin53posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I joined Bubblews in July, and I've had all my redemptions paid with no problems. The only issues I have with Bubblews is the server errors it keeps getting.

2. weekend profile image60

I've left a comment on your blog post.

16. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

To return to the OP - Why is Bubblews Outperfoming HubPages - I am not sure it is.

Search wise I suspect that HubPages has the edge.  Income wise as far as the owners are concerned - the HP model may be more sustainable.  Quality wise - at least the MTurkers are keeping the HP level just above total garbage.

They are different beasts.

I am fortunate because with my degrees in law, philosophy, theology and so on, I am able to write on any platform with a huge amount of success.  People will flock to my writing and then they all flock off again.

"Flock off" I repeat after them as it is the only joke I have written in three years.  They never come back.

1. macteacher profile image78
        macteacherposted 10 years ago

I am confused.  I just joined Bubblews (even though the quality of their UI and the writing is awful) to make a few extra bucks.  I wasn't sure if it was ok to post a link to my hubs on my bubbles.  I sent them an inquiry, and they said not to post links to hubs.  But if I can - I want to.  Can someone help me out on this.  I'm really confused.

Rule eight says: Posting links within your bubbles to cite/source/enhance your work is fine, but please do not post Referral or Affiliate links to other websites. Use your best discretion and if you are unsure please email in.

To be on the safe side, I, personally, never included links of any kind in my Bubblews posts. And look what happened to me ...

My reading of the site is that regular low grade dribble is the best technique.

No pics, no links and nothing controversial.

Just sit at your comp for long, long hours every day and dribble, dribble, dribble.

A couple of bucks will soon be yours.

I have indeed noticed that my dribbles and my gems both get the same numbers of views and likes. It saddens me...

Even better, someone has suggested that my missing articles in my archive are due to them being dropped for quality.  These were my longer posts and personal favorites.  Bubblews is perhaps in an alternate universe where fair is foul and foul is fair lol.  My archive is packed with dribbles...

Having your Bubblews posts dropped for quality would be more demoralizing than not being paid, unless they were deemed too good for Bubblews

My Bubblews posts also seemed to have disappeared. Of 117, only 20 were showing up in my archive. After I'd deleted those 20, the others showed up two at a time on my profile page. At that rate it took me all night to delete all 117.

2. weekend profile image60

Yes, you're right, but I'm still waiting for those bucks, I'm afraid. Three months now.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't link anywhere.  It is not about that.  It is about a few interactive dollars.  Why would anyone link FROM a site earning a cent per view to one that doesn't?  Makes no sense.

Now the other way round...

Yeah and remember no one will read your post anyway so all that hyperdinkle stuff is just so wasted.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Will - you are kind of right in what you say.  I know that.  Here's what I did yesterday...

I drew a new pic for one of my Hubpages articles. To try to improve it, make it more sharable - whatever.
              I posted that pic and some words as a Bubblews post and made a dollar or so I suppose.  Covers the cost of the crayons.
              I put that pic on a t-shirt or two on Zazzle - with zero expectation of anything.

There doesn't seem to be much more I can do really.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing people say that the quality of the writing on Bubblews is terrible.  It is insulting.  My writing here is no better than my writing there.  Are there crappy writers here...yes, there are.  Are there crappy writers there...yes there are.  People should not dis an entire site because some of the writing is substandard...I have found many excellent writers on Bubblews, some of whom are highly educated and extremely credible.  Please stop insulting those of us who write there because it is no different on that site than on any other.

If people don't stop agreeing with me I will get depressed.

It cannot be so bleak!

As a hobby that pays a little money internet writing can be fun.  As a job providing an income it is pretty bleak.  The fact that so many people, myself included, rushed to Bubblews to earn a few dollars a day says a lot about the writing game.

Yeah, I'd say bleak is a pretty good description.

I agree with your hamster wheel description and have got  tired of it recently.  Anything else you want me to agree with?

No.

Also the hamster wheel was not mine. I had the rat in the skinner box, also a valid paradigm for life but quite different.

Hey, that would make a page:

Skinner Box Man or Hamster Man. Which are you?

I choose Hamster Man.  It's more cuddly.

Actually, in the pics, they seem to escape more too.

http://www.heartfelt-stress-relief.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/HamsterWheel.jpg

Hmm. Not sure I would trust a rodent with eyes so close together.

Ah look at him Will.  Doesn't he make your heart beat a little faster?  Cute and very cheap to run. Ideal stocking filler.

I saw one with 'Arvind's Botch' written on its behind.

Might have been an 'i', I 'spose. But what could that possibly mean?

Anyway it looked happy eating it's peanut. And that is what matters.

Lol Will.  You really do make some excellent jokes and points in your forum posts.

You draw them and we could make some real money!

Or not.

Sigh.

edit: anyway, must sleep, night all.

2. HollieT profile image79
                    HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

He's the image of my poor departed hamster named 'Little Fella' who turned out to be a little she. *tear forming in corner of eyes*

3. Scarface1300 profile image64
        Scarface1300posted 10 years ago

Before Bubblews is put down I must add. I have been on Hubpages for over 3 years now and although I love it I am still waiting to be OK'd by Google AdSense, and after many thousands of hits to my pages I have made in total $0. In 2 weeks on Bubblews I have made over $30 . I am still to redeem my money but even if they didn't pay me. What have I lost there that I haven't lost many times over on Hubpages.

You can expect to earn on Bubblews as long as you adhere to their rules and have reached the $25.00 threshold--that's the agreement. If they don't pay you, you've lost your earnings!

How many times does this have to be repeated?

1. julie51 profile image61
              julie51posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where is bubblenews?! I could not find it.

I think you might have misspelled it: it's Bubblews.

2. lovebuglena profile image85
                lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's Bubblews NOT Bubblenews.

1. julie51 profile image61
                  julie51posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks . . . I just posted 2 short articles in bubblews and I got 28 views right away. And my bank is showing that I got $2.57.

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

If you're still waiting to be approved by Adsense after 3 years, there is something seriously wrong!

I read that Adsense would not accept a HP account, you have to have a blog or website for them to approve it.  So he would need get 18 articles or so on another site he manages to get approval there and then use that account here.  That was how I got Adsense approval...

That's a distortion.   Adsense is still accepting HP accounts, but you need at least 30 Featured Hubs to get accepted.

Thanks for clarifying that.  He is a poet, does that make a difference?

4. ziyena profile image90
        ziyenaposted 10 years ago

It's a gimmick ... don't fall into that trap.  Believe me!  Rip off and not worth the time.  Hub pages pay out is geared toward the long term, and with the Blews (or Blues) as I would call it, you've got to keep friending to make money.  absolutely ridiculous.   Got ripped off twice from my last two pay outs and will not go back again.  WORD

5. Will Apse profile image88

You chill out!

You have a nice day!

1. DrMark1961 profile image98

I hear Arvind and the other Bubblews minions are selling chill pills. All you have to do is post 25 times and refuse redemption.

6. CandyTale profile image89
        CandyTaleposted 10 years ago

I am also writing in Bubblews but will keep writing here in Hubpages.  I like writing my Hubpage articles more, but it is clear that Bubblews is piece of cake and also earns you more. 

Also, because they don't care too much about spelling and grammar, people like myself who are not native English speakers can write faster, and it is more fun.

What I am doing is using Bubblews as a testing platform,  (to explore what subjects or titles work and what don't) and also as a drafting platform. 

I won't copy paste my Bubbles into Hubpage, it is just that I often rewrite my stuff several times, so I get pay for drafting. It is great!

I am saving everything just in case though!

Bubblers will only earn you more if you have very little idea of how to write for money online.

On the other hand, if you can bear the fakery and just need small sums of money quickly, then go for it. You have a reasonable chance of getting paid.

Wash well after any visits, though. lol.

$700.00 in four months is not a small amount to me.  That is my earnings on Bubblews.  All requests paid.  I earn money from Google as well, as my archived material is in searches.

The most I made on HP was 100.00 or so in one month.  Now it is possibly 15.00 to 20.00 at the most.

I think I have a pretty good idea how to write online for money.  However, I return here to be degraded, lol.  I guess I like it.

I'm glad you are doing so well over there.  I keep trying to look you up since the notifications are a jumble, but you don't show up in a search.  Can you post a link to your profile so I can come visit your posts?

Some folks that were paid well and that abided the rules are suddenly not getting their due.  Be careful to redeem at $26.00 to minimize any defaults....

You would simply search "Dale" on Bubblews to find me. smile  I really don't want to link here and create an issue with others that would jump on that negatively.  An alternative is contact me here off of my profile and I will send you the link. smile  Would love to have you evaluate my material there as I don't feel it is substandard at all. 

People have to remember that HP and Bubblews are two different types of writing platforms and one can not compare them as equal.

I did search for you as "Dale" - which used to work, but does not work for me anymore.  I will try to figure out how to message you through your profile. I have not done that before!

You go to a profile and then click the link on the right side "Fan Mail" and there you will find a link in the upper right hand corner to send the member an email. smile   I just did this and sent you the link you requested via your profile. smile

I have been writing on Bubblews for one month, and already made $100.00. I have no problem with payouts, and I'm learning to make the payout with less posts. Tonight I pushed "Redeem" again, and only wrote 20 posts of 50 characters to do it.

As far as being new, the site is not new. It's two years old. That's why you see people with thousands of posts. They are changing the payout amount to $50 as of this Saturday, but it takes almost two weeks to get your money anyway. When you push "Redeem" at what was $25, you are supposed to be notified by the administration that they agree they owe you. I have had to wait as long as 5 days for that. Then the e-check from Bubblews has to clear Paypal for 5-7 days, and finally, clear your own checking A/C for 2-3 days. So it's the same amount of work and writing, but at least you get $50 for your waiting. You aren't doing anymore work, but it was sprung on the community in the last day or so, and everyone is scrambling to get a last payout before Christmas.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

Bubblews is blasting visitors with un-clicked sound ads again. I really hate that. Wanted to tweet my latest post, but won't do it when this is happening.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
          CASE1WORKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

or just turn the sound off like I do

Sound ads are heinous.  They get people in trouble at work when they take a little break to peak outside of their cubicle online.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image91
          Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was recently getting those on HP and YouTube too when I was using Chrome. I've switched back to Firefox and haven't been getting them anymore.

8. Anamika S profile image68
        Anamika Sposted 10 years ago

Anyone noticed that the ScamAdviser.com rating for Bubblews is low (10%) while HubPages has a high trust rating?

I earned and got paid 800 dollars there since late July I think.  Scamadviser might want to recommend me some more places...

I hate to think of how many hours upon hours it took you to make $800 on Bubblews.  I made more than that in November on HubPages and I didn't publish a single new Hub in that month (waiting on my affiliate payments, but my HP payment was transferred to PayPal on the 28th like clockwork).  It was all passive income. 

I know you get paid for sending referrals to Bubblews.  You might consider sending Bubblers to HP; it pays for referrals, too.

Not that it matters but there is not one referral link on any of my content anywhere on the web.  Not one.

I always try to offer honest advice from my limited point of view - for no personal gain.  I don't post in the forums to get extra visits or followers.  Only if I happen to be following a thread and be free / bored enough.

Your $800 dollars passive is very impressive.  I would like to be able to do that and one day - maybe - if my writing and drawing improve - maybe I will.

I would like you to withdraw your slur about referrals because I think it is unfair.  Not one.  Not ever.  Not my thing.

I have no idea if you post referrals to Bubblews but many people who have written Hubs about that website do post referral links.  There's certainly nothing wrong with that.  I post referral links, too. I'm simply pointing out that it would be nice if some of you who write on Bubblews would post on that site information about making money on HubPages.  I don't think many people are doing that.  But they like to come here and talk about how great it is over there. Even without a referral link, everything you say in this forum refers people to sign up for that site and to write there. A little of that goes a long way when you are posting that on the HubPages Forum. (And not just you, but others as well.)

I have no objection to anyone writing on any website.  But, go read the story "Acres of Diamonds."  I think many are just not examining and learning what can be accomplished on HubPages.

Many people have noticed and some have have been banned from Bubblews for noticing.

If it is your only reason for reviving this long dead thread, it is pretty poor.

I honestly think that threads like this, where people encourage aspiring writers to fail with hardly a fight, should be completely banned from HP.

"Aspiring writers".  Does that mean the creative types who will never make any money here or anywhere else?  At least on Bubblews they can post for fun and a tiny income.

Or does it mean some other type of writer?  The information or sales writer?  They might make a little money on HP, and a very few might make a little more.

There is plenty of content already on HP, Will.  People should focus on making it better - that could be an aspiration perhaps.

Eight hundred provable dollars Will - for throwaway content that could otherwise be in this forum, on FB or Twitter.  Meanwhile on HP as can be seen in the forums every single day - the spammers and Wiki reworders still keep on coming.

You want to do something useful?  Deal with those who are staying - the copied pictures, the plagiarised content.

Your stuff gives Bubblews a thin veneer of respectability but generally we see people who have failed at every kind of writing sinking into the mire of fakery and worthlessness that characterizes the average bubbler post.

They then beckon to others to join them, many of whom have not tried enough to know if they might be able to succeed.

Unwholesome.

Well thanks Will.  I'm not beckoning anyone by the way.  I am currently trying to wind up Ricky Gervais on Twitter.

lol. This is so unlikely it might be true.

I won't complain if you link...

It is true.  I joined yesterday and followed some comics. Trying to get under Ricky's skin because I don't know what else to do with myself.

Sent him this pic...

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8608655_f248.jpg

Remember, I live in a jungle on the edge of the known world. So you will have to tell me who Derek is.

"derek" is Ricky Gervais pretending to be a mentally impaired person in a care home comedy series.   Appalling bad taste or cutting edge comedy.  Take your pick.

9. profile image0
        Bronwyn Hansenposted 10 years ago

I removed everything from HP a few months back and posted some of it on Bubblews. Instead of sitting there for months waiting for articles to get a hit on HP, they had almost visitors and income over on Bubblews.
        I came back over here to post a different type of work, while keeping my old Hubs over there where I make my real online money.

10. Justice12 profile image61
        Justice12posted 10 years ago

I will have to try that,   Yesterday, i signed to bubblews and just put some basic articles on for fun and I can say I have made more money in less then 24 hours then I have on HubPages

11. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years ago

I absolutely loved Ricky Gervais, then I added his page on FB. It was non stop, him making faces in the bath tub, in the shower, in the mirror, as derek... it was intolerable. I found it hard to believe someone so extremely funny actually believed that a severe close up of his contorted face was comedy for anyone. If it had been one or two pics, whatever, but there were dozens of them and it was daily. I actually started feeling kind of sorry for him. 'What are you like, Ricky?'

Comedy is a serious business.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81

That's where I am at with his Twitter Feed.  I may stay subscribed so I can develop some bitchy stuff about him.

1. profile image0
            Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am a long time fan... I mean I just love his sitcoms (what do you call sitcoms?) and I love his movies, but I guess as a person, he possibly quite unbearable.

I call them sitcoms!?  I was a fan but as he attacked pretty much every minority using the playground bully-boy 'jokes' and claiming it as some kind of ironic subversive humor - I thought "Hold on.  Is this guy just an offensive shit?"

12. JRScarbrough profile image76
        JRScarbroughposted 10 years ago

Bubblews is nothing but spam. It will get slapped down. Hub is mostly inner traffic until you get authority and some link building backing up first your brand (just your subdomain) and then a lot of pointing toward your topics using a lot of keyword targeting.

I’d show you my analytics to prove it’s true but I don’t think I can add a pic here.

Seek out Panda, Hummingbird and Penguin safe authority back links. Just a little here and there and your natural back links will start to grow. It takes time but if you look yourself up on trust sites or whatever, it’ll say 50/50 probably. This is a huge slap in SERP and will hold your site away from Google traffic.

Get your authority up. HP went down in flames over one thing, plagiarism. Squidoo slapped it down before the updates and lasted longer. Now you just have to write longer and add in links to other sites that have high authority in your subject. After a while, your own authority will rise and so will your SERP.

Working on this I have increased my traffic from 2 or 3 a day to over 200 in 25 days.

I wouldn’t put any links on Bubblews, I mean, they have terrible SEO and its like falling into a spam jungle of junk. Also, people have problems getting their money all the time. It seems very suspicious.

I have been writing on Hubpages for three years and do quite well, and also have a blog of my own. I appreciate the advice, but I am not an online beginner. I know what works for me and what doesn't. Bubblews is just easy money. I wouldn't use it for links, and backlinks don't really work much anymore anyway. They just consider you a spammer if you leave a backlink. Each site teaches us something else. I have a very specific niche.

When I am doing serious writing that I had to read and research for, I write here and on Infobarrel. I am hesitant to add to my body of work here, because so many changes have been required over the years, and if you must make them on over 100 hubs, it's very time consuming. I always return here though.

I don't think Bubblews is all spam. When I came here, people were spamming and putting the same piece on numerous sites. The online world keeps changing, and we must change with it. I have a pretty large online presence. I don't put all my eggs in one basket. I also don't understand why people keep saying Bubblews is new. It's been there for two years now. Maybe much of HP didn't utilize it, but it isn't new as a site, though they got overwhelmed and need more staff. Since the payout level has changed and they posted a "Wall of Shame" to get rid of the worst "writers," the payments have come through faster.  Happy New Year!

13. JRScarbrough profile image76

Not all spam. It is spam ridden though. The reason HP was chastised was all of the plagiarism going on and people were using it as a link service for their blogs. Google categorized it as something less than desired.

Bubblews is on the same track. It does have some very talented writers but if you look at the the feed, you can see that a lot is about what they had for breakfast and such. It just doesn’t have long before update occurs to get it off any ranking level.

Also, everyone is posting to the same domain while in HP, we are being separated through subdomains. So, our subdomains require their own back linking. That addresses the original question.

It just takes a while to gain authority and rank as your author self. Your own brand. Google Plus is great for gaining some clout in that way. Blogs are too.

Blogs have the potential to earn a lot. It’s just a lot of work getting them to rank for your keywords, but having domain control, something we don’t have much of here, is the best way to go in this game.

I have three identities online, JR Scarbrough. BHSFilm and Persistent Pen. I just purchased a domain for my new one, The Article Owl. It all helps to link back to one G+ identity as being responsible for all content you put online. I happen to love watching it all build. It is fun. I just see that Bubblews is going to be in trouble with the big G just like HP got into.

Money is good any way you can get it though. Just mix it up like you said you are doing. The blog thing is where I’d put most of my eggs. It will pay off eventually.

Happy New Year!

HI, always great to read new input. I had to smile, the posts that people use to tell us about what they ate for breakfast, the bubble they never got around to writing, and the nap they took in the afternoon really doesn't interest me.

I think that's why the longer payout period will get rid of people with useless info like that. Not to worry, I write decent Bubbles that I hope are interesting for a short time, but usually it's just stuff off the top of my head. I wouldn't waste time on the posts. I read people talking about how they write their Bubbles out on Word, how they worry about the quality, etc. It's a step up from Twitter, and the administration has said that. I spend about 15 minutes on a Bubble.

If the subject is my niche, I have been known to write 3,000 word pieces. I was warned from the start nobody would read them. I have about 20 that long which have always been my top money makers. It's a different route for all of us. The days when people go to Google for quick answers are still here, but now people who want a lot of info on a specific topic will look for it online. Who goes to the library anymore?

14. JRScarbrough profile image76

That’s smart. Length matters to Google now. It tends to prefer 3k words to 800 in ranking. It also loves outbound links from your page to higher authority websites that pertain to your subject. Wikipedia or Webmd for health articles.

Very smart of you to do that. You’re probably getting search engine traffic on those. I might try more over there, I wrote a short little bubble and made $1.31. I could literally churn out hundreds of those in a week. I try to stay relevant and grammar wise which slows it down. My only problem with Bubblews is so many there don’t and are just there for money instead of love of writing. I find it pretty hard to navigate too.

Hi JRScarbrough,

I slaved on my blog for about a year and half, and it never did well. I made a little bit of money from Amazon, but that's it. Do you know any good sites that teach you how to improve your blog so more people see it and interact on it? I don't have the heart to delete it or just let it sit. Plus I'm working on a series thing that has 6 articles to go, and I hoped to finish by the end of the year, but got too busy in the madness of  shopping in bad weather.

I'm an expert at my niche (I don't think I can say it here, but have a blue box on every hub telling everyone) and think one of the things I did wrong was to answer too many people's questions when I first came to HP. They were very receptive to my subject, even though it's way oversaturated. My blog turned into more of an informational website, and people order from it once in a while. But for the time I put in, and the carpal tunnel, it wasn't worth it. I can't move it. The earlier stuff is better, but I have tried so hard. I'm emotionally attached to it! If you think of any good sites that tell you how to improve your visibility, please let me know. I don't add to my content here, but I stop in almost every day. Thanks,.

Hi Jean.  I think most people will admit that their blogging never made any money.  Honest people that is.

1. janderson99 profile image53
              janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think that is a gross generalisation and not really very helpful. Some do, some don't, some will, some won't, make money. The better and smarter blogs do. Mine do OK, honestly and truly - so blah.

I'll leave it to the experts.

My blog has had 150,000 visits now and made about fifty pounds.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80

I do make Adsense income on my blog as well as earnings from Amazon.  What makes you think a person would be untruthful about it?  Just curious.

I said 'most' people Dale do not make money, but 'some' people claim they do.  There are far more people claiming secrets of blog success and SEO techniques than actually making money from it.  It is unfair to mislead people.

I am prepared to concede that you may make money from your blog as your Bubblews figures are highly visible.

But I wish I hadn't commented.  I know what I meant.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84

It depends what you mean by blogging.

If you mean it in the original sense, where people wrote a personal diary, or a collection of their thoughts on random subjects then you're right - those made some money when the idea was new, but they haven't for a very long time. Even some of the famous ones make NO money from the blog itself - they make money by using their online presence to leverage other things. 

However I know plenty of people who do make money from their blog.   You have to be writing on a subject that people need help, advice or information on.  You have to have a large blog with lots of good information.   And you have to work hard at it - not just on content, but on monetizing.   No one is making good money from passively displaying Adsense or affiliate ads any more.  You have to be a salesperson, whether you're selling your own ebooks or services, or promoting other products. 

I also know plenty of people who have walked away from blogging because of the fact it's not passive any more.  If you're going to work that hard, you might as well go back out to the real world!

2. Writer Fox profile image31

Start here, and then read everything else on this website:
            http://www.problogger.net/archives/cate … or-dollars

3. JRScarbrough profile image76
            JRScarbroughposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jean,

Blogging requires quality content that is designed and written toward search engines without being how it used to be, keyword squished. Generally, you need a user base, followers who will regularly visit. This begins lifting you in search engines if your design and content is not throwing up flags to Google.

It is all going to be about content and interest. Also, the people who show up on page 1 of Google didn’t just naturally get there. They paid experts to help optimize the site and create a lot of quality back links. It is expensive and not having money is sometimes why people begin dreaming of a successful blog.

So we have people with no money needing money and they start a blog that is never going anywhere because they have no promotional revenue. So, my advice to these people is to do your own back linking by guest blogging or going into forums that pertain to what your blog’s niche and make a signature that appears every time you post. Do this in any forum that you can visit that even remotely pertains to your niche. Sign into those places every day and socialize.

This new social website respect from Google makes this technique even more appealing to Google’s algorithm. The more times the spider crawls a site and sees your address associated with the content on that site and how it is linked to your blog, the more Google’s engine believes you are an expert. Thus, higher visibility. It’s a long and arduous journey to the 1st page of Google if you have a lot of competition. So, being aware of your niche and your competitor’s placement is a great teaching tool. They can’t hide what they are doing right, so, type into Google your niche words and see who is ranked one and visit them. Mimic them.

I don’t recommend buying thousands of links. They don’t do anything and can hurt your site. Though, if you understand web tiers, you can buy links that point to links that point to your site. Google cannot punish you for links point tier 2. As long as tier 2 pointing to the money site is obey all the right rules, tier 3 links brings respect and authority to tier 1 by leading followers to tier 2 so they can get to tier 1. Yeah, convoluted but you get the point. People cheat the system using tiered links.

I’ll give you a reading assignment and some search phrases to study on when you have time. Web 2.0| SERP|SEO|Penguin|Panda|Hummingbird|Backlink|What is pyramid backlinks|

Now, your site must remain guarded. Be very choosey about the links that point to it. A link pointing to the place you want people to come can hurt your site and cause it to get chastised by Google. I recommend you handling your own links that lead to your money site. OR pay a big company to advise you on it or do it for you. Tier 3 links, well, I’ll just say it, you can have a lot of them and if you count on them being quality, frankly, you’re going to be in Google’s sandbox for 100 years. Some things I’m opposed to. Comment links. Outright promotional force feeding of your link to people who don’t want it. Spammy email links. All of it will hurt your rankings.

PR9 10 suffices at first. PR8 the same. PR 7 40 works. PR 6 more. Start slow and read up on PR and everything will come together on your blog. Don’t get me wrong, it is hard work and I find myself constantly lost in a haze of “where next? what next?” But as months go by, you start seeing strange traffic sources that you never foresaw. It’s because the Internet is almost alive and your links start spreading on their own.

Good luck. It can be fun trying to make it work. It’s not all about posts. It is about getting each post out there manually.

15. paradigmsearch profile image60

Hmmm. Twice, just now, while on bubblews, a new tab spontaneously opened up, sending me to a different site altogether. Once to take a survey. Once to play some sort of computer game. This is not a good sign...

1. JRScarbrough profile image76

I get a popup for Mackeeper when I login over there and try to surf. It’s forcing ads.  Most people don’t even know that it is the site and page that does that. It’s very blackhat over there and so I know for a fact Google is going to be out to get them in search engines.

2. profile image0
          Bronwyn Hansenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have never had that problem. Weird hmm

This is new for me as well. Could be unethical advertisers slipping by, and not deliberate on B's part.

Hi, this is for Dale and Mark, as you both answered me a few pages back. Dale, you may be a better blogger than I am. I worked so hard and have hundreds of posts in subjects I've studied for over 35 years on my blog. So I am an expert on them. I think many people consider it an advice column though, and I am not getting traffic. Lately I have been getting paying customers for readings, but a few people wrote about me, and I have written guest pieces on other people's blogs on Metaphysical fiction (a newish or maybe old niche, but one that is finally getting respect).

Mark came to HP around the same time as me, and was just trying to be nice. He's worked hard as I have and we both didn't make as much money as we hoped. I believe we came in at the wrong time. If we joined a few years earlier (and I'm kicking myself, somebody suggested it to me years before I came here), we probably would have made some money while the getting was still good. I write on Bubblews because it's mindless. I get an idea, I make sure I don't say much about it, and it's a guaranteed + in my Paypal account. When that stops, I stop.

Thanks to both Dale and Mark for answering and I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, Happy New Year.

Oh, does anyone write on Infobarrel? I considered it about 2 yrs. ago, and finally wrote enough to be accepted. I recently put a long piece that I broke up into 3 on there, because the two main writers there also write long pieces, and I didn't think the topic would fly here. But it seems like only those 2 guys write almost everything. They went over to some different payment structure, sort of like what HP did, because I have never been good at SEO. But I've only made pennies on the 15 pieces I have there. I consider it because I don't want to add more here, I'm afraid if I come back I'll have to change all my pieces again. But I always end up back here anyway.

Thanks, Jean, as well.

I am a long way from where I want to be at earning money online.  I have made some as mentioned.  I have slowed down due to 60 plus hours work weeks and such. 

As for my blog, I doubt if I am a better blogger.  I earn money there, but trust me, I am not going to get rich there!  The material there came from various sources with some new material as well.  Right now, weekly, I move one hub from here to there. I pick the lowest scoring one and the lowest recent views and make the transition as explained.

Bubblews continues to pay well.  It is sort of neat that you can write about just anything there and you make money.  The rules are simple and easy to follow. 

As others have mentioned, money is money and my time writing will be spent on where there is income.  smile

Hi Dale,
                  I think it's a lot of newer people who can't get it. They didn't go through years of writing until they made a bit of money, to be showered with a set of ridiculous rules, hubs that got deleted or Not Featured, and all the other changes. All so we made less money.

I agree, as long as Bubblews pays me more than HP, I'm staying there. It's easy. It does eat up time if you aren't careful, I was surprised at how long I was on there last night. Marisa has brought that out a few times too. You get engrossed and "talk" to people, and don't realize hours have passed.

Hello Jean,

It is indeed easy to lose track of time there on Bubblews. smile  I have to be careful or I go right past my normal bedtime!

Someone else brought up the point nobody goes on Bubblews and talks about how good it is on Hubpages. I'm feeling a little sentimental about my third anniversary here, maybe that's a Bubble I'll write tonight. I learned a lot here, and gained confidence here. I also met a lot of great people!

I just had my two year anniversary here yesterday I do believe. smile

2. DrMark1961 profile image98

I will not be surprised if the admins over there delete it. It has happened to me already.

16. paradigmsearch profile image60

Doing this makes the visitor instantly paranoid that their computer has been infected by malware. That is a really rotten thing to do to someone.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 10 years ago

I think that site is a social site first before it is a writing site and they are not dependent on Google or other search engines for their views.

I think Bubblews like original stuff which means the only thing that are original are the things you are doing - journal like activities against regurgitated content. So things like what you eat, when did you pooped sort of those things are ok. It is like status posted in social site like Facebook.

Who knows who are the financiers of that site, maybe they just want to test whether a site that thrives on interaction like status will survive.   

The advertisers do not care about who are the viewers, they are targeting the authors themselves who are viewing and commenting.

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
          SmartAndFunposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it is a social site. So many refer to it as a writers' site and point to all the terrible writing, but in my opinion it is a social site, similar to FaceBook. No one is complaining about all the terrible grammar, poor spelling and "what I had for breakfast" posts at FaceBook or calling FaceBook a writers' site; Bubblews should get the same treatment, in my opinion.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
            prettydarkhorseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8618376.jpg

2. JRScarbrough profile image76

It can’t be defined as a writer’s site or a social site. For one, it’s one step up from Twitter without the appeal. AND next, they have plagiarism rules in effect which limits people from interacting socially for fear of not making their penny per visit, like, or comment.

For 1000 hits you get 10 bucks so people keep pushing more and more stuff into the stream and eventually lose any other purpose than pennies. The site is of no value socially. You can make more woking in Twitter and sending people toward a CPM and Adsense or Affiliate blog of your own.

I mean no insult, I’m just saying I don’t see the value. A person can do a whole lot better online than Bubblews income.

One commenter said they made $800 since July as if that is good money. I can’t imagine that arduous journey with late nights an sweaty fingertips pumping out weed fueled rants.

Imagine all that work and then when it is over, all your stuff is gone. Waste of time. If it was more like Facebook, I might switch over but it is noting like a social site. It is just designed poorly and not thought out.

Google will never give it authority. It isn’t real traffic. It is major scam on the advertisers because nobody using Bubblews is there to socialize. They are there to earn pennies and you have to keep posting so much that nobody has time to socialize. lol smh

I'm pretty happy with my $800 dollars for weed-fuelled rants.  It is money for nothing as opposed to wandering round forums, Facebook, Twitter - none of which pay a penny for your thoughts.

It is completely different to the HubPages model.  I have actually been putting far more work into HubPages recently because I still dream of passive - but when I do a drawing for an HP hub if I can also wrap a mini-post round it and stick it on Bubblews - that's fine.

That's my angle on it.  Yes I'll never get rich.  Well tell me something I don't know. 

Your forum post was long enough to make a dollar or two on Bubblews.  It would probably be read by more people and you could link to it from other sources - share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.  So is this little post but hey, I'm wasting time - so shoot me!

1. JRScarbrough profile image76

*laughs*

You’re right. I’ve made 10 dumb posts over at Bubblews and have $3.36 there. Just like here, saying something controversial seems to attract hits. But then I just ramp it up with Twitter for quick hits. BUT man, I am telling you, it would drive me nuts posting that often. It is slow growing.

18. paradigmsearch profile image60

Jeez! Now every post I'm going to is blasting me with sound ads at full volume. Guess I won't be tweeting anything there today...

Turn your volume down?

Bubblews has been in business 2 years I think. By now they should know that tackiness and hard-sell is counterproductive. Would you share any web page that does that? Their tactics are costing both us and them money.

19. paradigmsearch profile image60

Can't seem to get hub-update inspired today. Guess it's time to inflict another one of my posts on Bubblews.

I am amazed at those who make $100's a month there. I don't know how they do it.

My average seems to be $25/month. However, this might have something to do with my general slackerdom.

It isn't really that difficult to make a few hundred dollars a month on Bubblews. Reaching $50 a week can easily be achieved simply by being an active commenter and connection. You don't have to live on the site like some people claim. Just be interesting and build interested connections through sharing. Even on my bad months where I only post a few things a day I tend to earn $200 or so a month. I'm hardly the highest earner there.

What types of things do you post? If you are doing lengthy posts, try cutting down to short, punchy, topics that share something funny or outrageous and horrible from the news. Catchy titles are absolutely necessary on that site too.

Do you post at least once a day and visit with a few connections? If not that is probably the biggest issue. smile

All of what you said is true. I know I make at least a hundred a month without hardly trying. Just a matter of posting quite a bit in the beginning, making connections, commenting, etc. I wouldn't only just rely on income from Bubblews, but it is one good source of income that requires minimal work.

If I went back to posting 10 times a day there, I'm sure my income would be in the hundreds a month.

Paradigmsearch:  I have written one article over there in mid December as a test to see if there is, in fact, decent passive income.  So far, doing absolutely nothing else, I have earned over $20.  Awhile back I took a 3 week vacation and let it ride...again, I earned $20 for doing nothing.  Altogether since the end of July I have earned $585 there, and it was not that hard to do.  However, I am waiting to see if the passive income goes to $50 and if they still pay it even though I did not write anything.  If it does and if they do, I may give it another shot.  If not, I've lost nothing.

I've posted 178 articles and semi-articles over there. Some gems; some not. Generally, when I'm not active, the bank balance pretty much just lays there. I don't know; guess I just don't have the knack.

20. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, just did my latest bubble. Almost immediately Bubblews started blasting me with un-clicked, full-volume sound ads again. And almost immediately started automatically sending my browser to websites I've never requested or heard of before again. Obviously, I once again can't share my post anywhere; subjecting followers to that kind of crap would be death in short order.

This is really getting awful and very depressing...

I suggest you email the team to let them know what is going on.

You have a good point. I'd been thinking they were doing it deliberately, as opposed to being sabotaged by unethical advertisers.

21. paradigmsearch profile image60

There's some posts I want to make there. But they've got to stop the auto sound-blasting and outright, forced browser redirects to unknown websites...

1. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just got weary of it. Maybe I will post in the future, but I made a few bucks and I am happy. I think I don't want to write much of anything anymore.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you want to write anymore? You have the talent to write and you are a great writer.  Writing is beautiful, fun, and creative! It soothes the soul.

Thanks, I am old and unmotivated. I write on subjects that the mainstream folks don't want to hear. Maybe they know they can't do much about it but then are continually being fooled by false flags, and hoaxes.

Way back when I used to get a few amazon sales here, I was motivated to do a little more. That ended with the crash. It hasn't come back. I just don't think that there is much income to be had on the net. I write on my blogs when I am motivated to rip the establishment banksters and con men.

I appreciate your complements GM, but I kind of lost interest when an editor at Business Insider said I didn't make the front page with a killer article because I was being too harsh with the bankers. I then knew that all is lost, politically, in this nation. The Yinon Zionists/Neocons have won and America has lost. Both parties are corrupt to the core. The Republicans are worse because of the 9/11 conspiracy, but the Democrats are almost as bad and can't be trusted.

Our Republic is no more. The drones are coming and we don't even care.

22. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

Now, what you have succinctly stated would be quite an excellent hub.  Start writing, speak and state your voice!

Already have somewhere. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)