Fixed: Spell check in HubTool not working properly

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. mrblueishmouvesky profile image42
    mrblueishmouveskyposted 10 years ago

Hi, I recently decided to click "ignore" on one of the words flagged by the spell checker, after this it has decided to ignore every single mis-spelt word on any hub, is there any way to turn it back on?

1. agvulpes profile image84
      agvulpesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like a glitch to me!   Have you tried emptying your cache or turning your computer off and rebooting to allow a reset? Good luck smile

2. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I read about your problem and when I quickly scanned one of my Hubs for 'purposely' misspelled words. I scanned over a regular word that I had spelled incorrectly so I thought that I would use the spell check to find it quickly. I edited the section of the Hub and spell check said 'No Misspelled Words'.
      Recently I have written a Hub that has a capsule labeled 'Why I Do Not Trust Spell Checkers'. There is an example. It also looks as if your problem has spread.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the spell checker feature in the HubTool.
      It looks like you have the current stable version of Firefox.
      Have you tried rebooting your machine and clearing your browser cache?
      You can find these tips in more detail here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

Does the issue persist if you use a different browser like Chrome?

Most modern browsers contain their own spell checking feature that you can use as well.
      http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how … ll-checker
      If you are still having problems, please let us know the specific Hub URL and/or title and we can do some additional research.

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
        The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do not use Firefox I already use Chrome. Like I said I do not rely on spell checkers anyway and rarely use them, I use dictionaries. I was only using it this morning to check the problem of mrblueishouvesky.

mrblueishmouveskyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Matthew for the help, I tried the cache clearing & restarting comp afterwards to no avail, it's on hubs I try, even if put in like sdsdfsgee still says no misspellings, dam like I said thought I'd become a spelling wizard overnight smile

Will try the inbuilt spellchecker on firefox, didn't know it had one to turn on thank you smile

should say "it's on all hubs I try"

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

Thanks for all the information.
        We have recreated and forwarded this bug to our engineering team to be addressed.

3. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
        sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes I too face the same situation. Please do the needful at the earliest.

4. mrblueishmouvesky profile image42
      mrblueishmouveskyposted 10 years ago

Anyone? smile

1. susi10 profile image95
        susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Try pressing on the spell check button in the text capsule editor. It has the 'abc with a tick' sign. Press on that and it will show any mis-spelt word that you may have. Keep pressing on that button regularly and then, it should automatically show mis-spelt words after a while. Sorry I couldn't answer this question sooner! smile

Hi Susi, thanks for trying, what I mean is everytime I press that button it comes up saying "no misspelt words" even if I put words like "glsfhdkhd" still says "no misspelt words", at first I thought I'd got loads better at spelling smile though then dawned on me it was just saying everything was spelt fine everytime no matter what, I've tried it with both English ticked and not ticked, it wouldn't be so bad but I'm an attrocious (probs spelt wrong) speller at times smile

1. susi10 profile image95
            susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I understand. Yes, that does seem to be a problem. I would say it is a technical issue, hopefully Matt Meyers might come to help, and solve the problem. It is probably a bug in their code or something like that. I suppose, for now all you can do is to copy and paste your work into a word processor (like Microsoft Word) and fix wrong spellings. Does the spell check work on other parts of the internet, like searching on Google or writing an email. Try doing a mis-spelling while composing an email and then right click on your mouse. Do the right spellings show up?

I hope you get this problem solved.

5. My Cute Baker profile image60
      My Cute Bakerposted 10 years ago

I know this response is a bit late, but I really prefer to write in my own word processor, get everything correct, save an original on my computer and my backup drive and then post to hubpages something already with corrected spelling and grammar.
      If I lost internet while writing online , I think I would end up losing everything I wrote and I have a hard time writing

6. handymanbill profile image76
      handymanbillposted 10 years ago

Is there a way to rest the 3 security questions? Thanks

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71

@handymanbill
        Regarding your security questions, please contact us here if you have not done so already.
        http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)