There has to be a reasonable answer

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (135 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

why God does the things he does,or doesn't do

what is it?

Doesn't necessarily mean it's a good answer, but at least one that makes SENSE

1. HattieMattieMae profile image60
      HattieMattieMaeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

hmm...well perhaps there has to be a balance of light and darkness in the world because if we didn't we wouldn't appreciate the ones we love. We wouldn't value life. We would be very selfish and there would be more hatred, bigotry, bitterness, and the like if God didn't allow some things to happen in our lives. We also make our own choices and create what we do. For example if a murder decides he wants to take that route. It has nothing to do with God. He has chosen that himself. He is creating it, and responsible for it. God gave us the free will and so we choose whether we want to be a decent human being or monster. We can't blame it on God.

2. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The answer is that you're looking at it from a human standpoint.

If your soul is eternal, then the "real you" is not the body you're living in right now. The real you is not the physical or emotional pain you feel. The real you exists outside this reality - so while you must live in the physical world, at present, you are not a product of the physical world. Because of that - you look at pain and death as something horrible. But God looks at the real you - and knows that what you value now - is really of no value at all.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Utter drivel. Everyone is the product if the physical world and imagining some utopia outside it is utter nonsense. This is how religion gets you to accept a lousy life without question. sad

Pain is something horrible although you can learn from it sometimes. Death can be horrible and - it is unavoidable. I know it makes you feel superior to preach some drivel, but - really - she obviously needs help dealing with reality, not some drivel that will help her not deal with reality.

1. profile image0

Actually, I'm an atheist. But, that's a philosophical theory that tends to help people disengage from cult-thought and empower themselves instead.

Interesting. You think telling people that you know what god does is a valid psychological trick?

Never considered pretending to think I know what god wants would be any value. You don't think it is a little dishonest saying you know what god thinks when you don't actually believe in a god? Does it work?

1. profile image0

Mark, if you look at my original post, you'll see that the first word, is "If..."

I'm sorry if you can't understand it - but your lack does not negate the fact that it offers some comfort.

Ah - so it doesn't "help people disengage from cult-thought and empower themselves instead." It offers comfort. Right. Still - my question stands . Did you not understand it? Should I rephrase it?

1. profile image0

Your question is moot because you don't understand the hypothetical premise. Disengaging from cult-thought is always empowering and comforting.

I've read a number of your posts on this thread, and my opinion is that you're still a believer. There is too much anger in you for you not to be a believer. You're all full of yourself, telling people what not to believe, but as soon as anyone else offers something different, you attack. Basically, it appears that you've attacked numerous people here.

And you're wrong to do so because you simply don't have the answers. I've been around a lot of long-time atheists that would quickly dismiss your narcissistic ways.

You claim "god belief" always causes fights, yet it is YOU, not the believers here that is picking fights.

Your real struggle is in your head - you just haven't admitted that yet.

But you will. One day you will. And then, you'll quit picking fights you can't win.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                    psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your use of ad hom attacks and level of emotion suggests to me that you are an atheist in denial.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Right. All me. Gotcha Mr Atheist. I am a narcissist. and you speaking for god means you are an atheist.

See me when you can tell the truth. wink

2. A Thousand Words profile image67
            A Thousand Wordsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You'd have to actually say something so ridiculous that a believer would think you were off of your rocker. But you just sounded like any other believer.

Of course, put us, spirit beings, in a world where we can be raped/molested, brutally murdered, heartbroken, mentally ill, etc, etc, and to what end? You better believe if I'm some
        "spirit-being" that I'd like to f***** know without a shadow of a doubt (as everyone should) so that I could make better choices being fully aware of why I'm actually here from birth to death. lso, and more importantly, I would've never come to this planet willingly... SO from the get go, how could there have been free will? My choice would've been to stay in the spiritual realm rather than to come here and risk Hell because I wouldn't be fully "aware" of myself and of the true nature of things. That doesn't even make sense.

Do you know that you can't make an informed decision without being informed?

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You ask the question because of doubt..
      What do you doubt?
      You doubt that all things happen for the good.

Your doubt cause unrest within your soul,
      thus you do not see God as He is.

So to doubt ultimately that all is well, is to doubt God.

janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't doubt that God exists if that's what you mean.

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What I am saying is that you doubt God, not by being unsure of his existence ,
          But by being doubtful that goodness will ultimately prevail.

If you did believe that ultimate goodness will prevail, why worry about any thing at all?

Do you understand?

1. A Thousand Words profile image67

Because "goodness will prevail" isn't realistic for everyone. There are young girls/women, who were raped beaten and then killed or taken to the sex trade, and OD'ed. I'm sorry when did goodness prevail for them before they met their demise? Or the children with Tay-sachs disease who deteriorate rapidly from birth? Or the people with sickle cell who die while experiencing excruciating pain?

To generalize like that is to ignore individual suffering. THAT is one of the reasons why the world is so selfish.

4. EncephaloiDead profile image53
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

God must allow all things to happen, He must allow natural disasters to kill people, He must allow the rapist to rape and the murderer to murder, He must allow non-believers to reject Him, just as He must allow the good in all people to emerge from these events. That is how God brings people together.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Presumably you then deny the supposed omnipotence of your god.  After all, if he must do this or that then He is not omnipotent.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image53

God is not being forced by us to do anything. God must do those things so that He can remain honest with Himself.

1. getitrite profile image72
            getitriteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you think about this before you wrote it?  SMH.

Probably more thought went into my post than yours. But, I am brain dead, so that could explain it.

Thanks for explaining your affliction.  It makes perfect sense now.

No problem, could you please explain your affliction?

You wrote this:   "Being omnipotent means that God is all knowing, but that doesn't mean He can predict the future, it just means He knows everything"

Do you see how your thinking lacks any depth or logic?  You are basically saying that a thing can be [A] and [NOT A]....at the same time.  How can your God know EVERYTHING, yet not be able to predict the future?  Not only should your God be able to predict the future, but He should be able to do it with 100 percent accuracy....not just predicting the future but KNOWING the future.  Explain this, then we can diagnose my affliction.  Thanks

2. profile image0
            Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Omnipotent does not mean all knowing. The term you are looking for is omniscient

So sorry, thanks for the correction. I realized that after looking up the definition. smile

1. profile image0

No problem. Just trying to help

Isn't the Big Guy omni-everything in any case? Why would he need to be honest with himself. He writes the rules. If he can wipe out all living things except one family on a boat, hell - he can do whatever he likes. big_smile

But for some reason he has no desire to intervene, and stop babies from getting cancer, or stop pedophile priest from raping children.  Mysterious ways?

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53

Who says God is wiping out anyone? Referring to some ancient myth doesn't show this is happening today, does it? Can you provide any story that shows God wiped out anyone in the past couple thousand years of history?

2. psycheskinner profile image83

Being omnipotent means being able to immediately stop anything from happening.  It means He must have a reason for not doing so.

I looked up the meaning of omnipotent and found this:

- having very great or unlimited authority or power.

I didn't see anything there that God must have a reason for not doing so. Could you please explain? Thanks.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

Um, because He is omnipotent and so can stop people torturing other people, so why doesn't He?  He is a by definition a bystander at every crime ever committed.

a) horrible things are good for us
            b) He doesn't like us very much
            c) higher purpose
            d) mysterious ways?

I think I explained that by saying God must be honest with Himself. By intervening, He could not do so.

5. getitrite profile image72

For the third time....the answer is that God Is Imaginary.   Why don't you apply this answer, critically and intelligently, to the question that you have asked?  It's the perfect answer, yet you go on, mindlessly, hoping and searching for "answers" that don't exist.  Do you even have the courage to THINK, or are you too afraid to actually think?  If you are afraid to actually think, then stop asking questions that you obviously don't want to hear the real answers to.

6. Peggasuse profile image82
      Peggasuseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I also believe, as some others here do, that we all have free will.  What ever happens to you is your own doing.  God has nothing to do with your decisions. 

He/she/it has given us all free will to do whatever we think is best.  God doesn't get involved in anything that we do.  Situations and problems come to us and it's our choice to decide what to do about them.  It's not God's choice.  It's ours.  We benefit spiritually, when we make the right ones...

7. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What makes sense to me ! ,  ??

The way I understand what I read in the bible is this ...
      "Creator" said let "US" make man in our image. Us means Us, no need for interpretation.                    A physical body which we inhabit while we are living in this new physical reality which has been created just for us.

We do this strictly for our pleasure. ,,,,  Have you ever heard anyone say, "If I could be reincarnated I'd like to be an eagle or or a lion or a donkey etc etc".   Well maybe that was possible but you chose to be human? 

Are there any rules to follow? Yes, we "should" not do anything that takes the fun out of the experience.
      We "should" not do anything that damages this body we inhabit and/or those of others.
      We should not anything which hurts our spirit, (ego, self esteem, basically don't do anything that is going to take the smile off our face or that of another).   

Unfortunately the human creature most always looks for loop holes that excuses behavior which makes us happy while making someone else unhappy.
      If "creator" was going to intervene in these instances would he not be putting smiles on the faces which are sad while putting frowns on the faces which were happy before he intervened ?

WHAT makes any one person happy will most always make someone else unhappy.
      SOooo  where exactly is "creator" supposed to draw the line for intervening and NOT ?

EVEN THIS DECISION IS GOING TO MAKE SOMEBODY UNHAPPY.

8. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I haven't read through the thread. Sorry if this has been answered. What does God do, and not do, that caused you to ask the question?

9. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Because God is in all things and non things. There is nowhere where God is not.

10. HollieT profile image80
      HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Because he doesn't exist, only man. And, in the main, man is responsible for the horrible events one encounters in life. It's a way of shifting responsibility from man to myth, and then saying "god did it, and we should not question his ways" But that's just my opinion.

This is about the 5th time she has been told the correct answer.  But I'm sure it will be, mindlessly, ignored, just like the others.  SMH.

11. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If one is to believe that a God created the universe for us, one also has to understand that he allowed or created pain and anguish as well as cancers, and human parasites such as the guinea worm. This seems to conflict with the notion that the God is a loving God.

God may have created the universe, and cancers and parasites evolved over time. They are just a result of biological changes in life forms.

1. profile image0

As are we then, no God needed. If you accept that cancers and parasites evolved over time then you must accept we have as well, all without intention.

I most certainly agree with the facts and evidence of evolution, but there may have been an intention from the creation of universe for life to form and evolve as it would and as it has over time. I see no problem with this.

It is the same kind of indifference a scientist would show conducting an experiment with life forms.

1. profile image0

As long as you understand that if your God created us to be as we are he also created all that can hurt us. You may find (as I did) that the universe makes much more sense without the concept of a God. We are no different than any other creature in terms of other animals and parasites feeding upon us. They evolved along side us, because of us, to feed on us. Just like any other animal.

I don't think that is the case considering the facts of evolution, that all that can hurt us is nothing more than the indifference our universe exhibits.

Perhaps, it does make more sense without God. I have not seen that proposed by anyone here or elsewhere, but I'm certainly willing to hear that.

Agreed. I recently watched the remake of "War of the Worlds" in which the premise that our immune systems have evolved and that our bodies have over the years been able to handle the germs and bacteria that ultimately wiped out the conquering aliens. A good argument in favor of evolution.

In the original movie version, the narrator invokes God as the reason for those bacteria and germs, which doesn't really make a lot of sense.

2. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

There is none, because God exists only in the minds of people.

The world just sucks. Sorry.

That's your opinion.

Not actually looking for a reasonable answer then? This is why god belief always causes a fight. sad

No, sorry, it's human behavior that "causes fights".

Anyway, his response had nothing to do with what I wrote. And neither does yours.

Yes it does. God doesn't exist, therefore he doesn't do anything. It is perfectly reasonable.

No wonder you Christians cause so many fights. sad

Don't you have small children or puppies to annoy somewhere?

What are you doing asking for reasonable answers if you are simply going to attack anyone that offers one? That is your problem. Try taking the word "reasonable," out. wink

lol...really? You couldn't be reasonable if your life depended on it.

You can't even think of original arguments. You sound like a broken record. You are BORING.

I am not making any arguments. You asked for a reasonable answer and I am giving you one. I don't know exactly why that makes you so angry, but I suspect this may be the root of the reason god belief causes so many fights. Why does my reasonable answer make you so angry?

Are you looking for "exciting" or "reasonable?" What does boring have to do with looking for a reasonable answer? You'll find that the reasonable answers tend to be the "boring" ones. Doesn't make the answer any less reasonable.

The only way there could be a God who allows what He does is if:
                    1) He's not actually equatable with "love," and or
                    2) He is more impersonal and an onlooker and likely unlike the way Western religions portray him, and more like The Universe being slightly intelligent, but without the anthropomorphic qualities you guys are used to giving Him.

That is reasonable. You may not like it. It may not strike your emotions and make you feel all warm and gooey. But it's reasonable.

3. EncephaloiDead profile image53
    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years ago

Perhaps, someone could answer the question,  What is the difference between a God that appears to be absent and a God that doesn't intervene in anything?

Maybe this should be a separate thread?

1. profile image0

Well, fundamentally, according to some people, a God who doesn't intervene may as well be absent because there is no difference no matter the reason for the non interference.. Especially when speaking of a God that is presented as being omni-everything. Now that I got that out of the way...

IMO, the difference between a God that appears to be absent and a God that doesn't intervene is simple. A God that appears to be absent is one whose presensce cannot be felt at all or cannot be seen with any of the physical senses.

A God who doesn't intervene is a God who you know is there (whether by the physical senses or by feeling) but doesn't act in any manner regardless of the situation.

To secularize it, it's almost like the difference between you not being in a specific room and you being in a room but not saying or doing anything while there. In one instance you cannot see what's going on in that room. In the other, you can see everything but choose for whatever reason not to react in that room.

The biggest issue when dealing with God is that with God being omni everything (including present), it means he can see all of the suffering in the world and is choosing not to intervene. So the argument is that this is because either God isn't everywhere (most because he doesn't exist) or if he is he isn't worthy of worship because it's difficult to reconcile the idea of anyone having the power to end suffering but choosing not to.

Hope this answers your question

I think that's a contradiction. First, you say is absent because He "cannot be seen with any of the physical senses" and then say you know He is there "by the physical senses or by feeling"???

But, I am there physically, so I can't be absent, regardless if I do something or not.

To me, God can see the suffering in the world and the good in the world, but does not intervene because there is nowhere to draw a line as to when He should or shouldn't intervene. If He gave us the will to do what we want, then He can't intervene and remain honest with Himself. He is worthy of worship because He doesn't intervene and allows us to do as we choose. This is how the good is brought out in people when bad things happen.

We don't know if God is really there or not, it is a matter of faith and not in whether or not He intervenes or by some feeling or the physical senses.

1. profile image0

I was telling you the difference between the two in general. I wasn't speaking directly about God himself. Sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to say

You said the same thing for both, there is no difference between the physical senses and the physical senses. If there is, I would sure like to know.

1. profile image0

You apparently missed a few words in the middle of what I was saying.

It doesn't seem like those words qualified the fact you used the same words to describe different things. Perhaps, you could reword your explanation so it does not appear as if you're contradicting yourself.

4. Juliet Christie profile image66
    Juliet Christieposted 10 years ago

If I am right the question you ask it why  God does the things he do.
    May I ask you to list a few of the things you are talking about. Are they  seen as good or bad.

God does not do everything that is done in the earth. He has the power to stop them from being done.but many times he allows them to go just the way they do. If you believe the Bible  then go to  the book of Job and you will see one reason.

Then read the book of acts and read about Pau'ls conversion and you will see another.
    Then go back to Exodus then you will see how he deals with the Children of Israel when they rejected the perfect food He gave them when they murmured for meat.

Then go back to the book of Daniel and see how he dealt with Daniel and the 3 Hebrews boys
    Then go back again to Genesis and see how he dealt with Abraham  and Issac and Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah.

If you do not believe in God then it is hard to comprehend some of the things that are happening today.
    You must understand that many of the most wicked  things that happen to man were done by men who said that they were men of God. Yes they were men of God but which God. Jehovah God said thou shall have no other god before me. but many do .and so He has left men to their reprobate mind.

Some things happen as punishment for disobedience, some happens as  warnings and lessons, some are the direct attack from Satan and demonic forces..
    Why do does The things he does, many were  not done by  God. Some happen because he is Simple Just God.
    To many this is a stupid answer but spiritual things are spiritually discern

5. profile image0
    riddle666posted 10 years ago

There has to be a reasonable answer
    Yes and that answer is 'this is all nonsense'.

6. EncephaloiDead profile image53

This wiki article discusses omnipotence and omnipotent deities, nowhere does it say anything about future events. In fact, it says the word omnipotent does not appear in scriptures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence

This article discusses omniscience and shows that a deity cannot be omniscient and know future events, that knowing future events is a circular argument and a problem of infinite regress that invalidates the premise of omniscience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omniscience

Love it. Limited omniscience. lol lol lol lol God is omniscient, except where it chooses not to be. LAWL!

I am thinking that invalidates the premise of a god actually - thanks for that one. It didn't know evolution would produce humans huh? Interesting. wink

More and more reasonable all the time........

Sorry, that you didn't understand the articles and must offer strawman arguments regarding evolution. I know evolution is a theory and a fact. What it has to do with this discussion is obviously something you had to toss in in order to appear intelligent. It didn't work.

7. EncephaloiDead profile image53

If God did indeed know future events and provided visions and prophecies for us, those future events would have a lot of detail in them, precise dates and times, names and places, actions and motives, all of this should be available.

Significant events around the world that have occurred weren't prophesied. Hitler was not named in scriptures, nor was his intent on wiping out the Jews and causing the deaths of millions. The tsunami on Boxing Day 2004 was not prophesied, yet it wiped well over a hundred thousand people. What major event has been prophesied correctly in any detail?

Most if not all prophesies appear to resemble that which was based on current knowledge of the time rather than direct detailed explanations of future events.

8. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Janesix, you bring up a good point, but the answer is really quite simple.

Everything that God is said to have done in the Bible was an act of love. This includes Noah's Flood. How can this be possible? How is murdering millions of people be an act of love?

The answer is in Genesis 1:26, where it says that God created man (us) in His image and likeness. But God is not Homo sapiens. So, that means that we are not inherently Homo sapiens, either. Genesis 2:7 says that man was created again, but this time from the dust of the ground. God's image is not dust. So, what's going on here? Dust is biblical jargon for physical matter. This is referring to the Homo sapiens body.

So, "man" has a dual nature -- immortal spirit wrapped in Homo sapiens flesh.

Genesis 6:3 emphasizes this fact by stating that God will not always strive with man because he is "also" flesh. In other words, when the rescue mission is over, the human bodies will be left behind to fend for themselves. This means the complete collapse of civilization. Why? Because, left to their lowest common denominator, humans are selfish bastards. Their egos are too big. You'll end up with victims versus perpetrators -- the wailing and gnashing talked about in the Bible.

Noah's Flood was an act of love, because God was trying to rescue His children -- the spiritual, non-physical immortal sources of creation, like Him.

But most people are so wrapped up in being a Homo sapiens hunk of flesh, they lose sight of their sleeping spiritual half. They ridicule it. And those with big egos don't like to receive ridicule, so they jump on the bandwagon and start to ridicule it, too.

But I have seen miracles. I have been outside of my physical body. I have remembered hundreds of prior lives. It's not easy. The distractions of this world are strong. That's why the rescue mission has taken so many thousands of years.

Contrary to the Fundamentalist's "literal" view of the Bible, Noah's Flood occurred closer to 27,970 BC. Adam (the first human tribe) came to Earth about 10,434,130 BC. These are dates from a new interpretation of the Bible -- one that also reveals the target of the Flood -- the real culprit that threatened the genetic integrity of Homo sapiens, and threatened the possible future existence of civilization.

Miracles are simple and reasonable

Science studies the products of creation and does a damn good job of it. Physical existence is built on principles of continuity -- space, time and the commensurability of natural effects, like gravity.

Religion, in its purest form of spirituality, is more concerned with the sources of creation and things of a decidedly discontinuous nature. Analogy: Spirituality is concerned with the programmer -- not the program. Creation seems to be discontinuous in nature, because it works outside of time and space. Religion is about re-learning the code. Awakening to the code and learning to write new code.

Peter did this for a moment, when he left all reasonableness and logic behind. Peter stepped out of his storm-tossed boat onto the unsettled Sea of Galilee to walk for a moment with his master. That was the code of Homo sapiens body allowing the driver (the immortal spirit, within) to reawaken and to take over the program once again. When doubt settle back into his mind, he promptly sank. And that's one good reason why "skepticism" is such an imperfect paradigm for science. Restraint and humility are far better, because they don't contain the potent bias of doubt.

See? Simple! And it only took me 60 years to understand all of this.

9. kess profile image60
    kessposted 10 years ago

I see many speak against man because despite his personal ideology, which he himself admit is limited, Speak with compassion to his fellow man.

This is a quality that should be exemplified rather than criticized, for how else can love be demonstrated.
    And love is the principal thing.

1. profile image0

Love is the principal thing? Come on man think. Survival is the principal thing. All love does is help us survive.

10. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 10 years ago

IF I believed in a God, the only reasonable answer for why it does or doesn't do things would have to be that the God was not a loving God. Not a God who cared about his creation. IF that God felt any sort of "love" towards it's creations, the world would not be what it is now.

1. A Thousand Words profile image67

Agreed.

11. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

God is beyond all limitations.  He/She is beyond all human constructs and perceptions.  He/She is the Ultimate Good and/or Benevolent One.  He/She is beyond religion, beyond race, beyond gender.  He/She is non-judgmental.  As I see the problem isn't with God or the Universal Consciousness, it is humankind's respective interpretation and definition what God or Universal Consciousness IS and/or SHOULD BE!
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8571675.jpg

1. profile image0

You must have a different bible than me.

12. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

How can something not all knowing and all powerful be considered a God?

"God : the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped"

"A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)