Adding Pictures to Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Jean Bakula profile image93
    Jean Bakulaposted 10 years ago

When I add pictures to my hubs in an effort to improve them, they are huge! I don't see a way to change the size. We used to have Full, Half, and Quarter. What are we supposed to do now? I notice they get smaller if I put them to the right side of the hub, but that isn't where I always want them. Thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can float the photo capsule to the right and effectively get a half width image.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115875#post2460740

Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Matthew,
        I finally figured that out. For some reason I missed the original announcement, and I was in the process of a long editing process when I found that the picture sizing had changed. I've adapted to it now, but I appreciate your acknowledgment. Take care.

2. VinitaAmrit profile image69
    VinitaAmritposted 10 years ago

You can resize (edit) the picture yourself with some simple tools such as microsoft picture editor or Adobe photoshop. If you do not have any such software you can edit it online as well. http://pixlr.com/

Thanks VinitaAmrit for answering. But is there really no easier way to size pictures on HP without leaving HP and editing them in another program? Especially now that 3 seems to be the minimum that is necessary to have a shot at a "Stellar" hub? The changes they have burdened everyone with as it is takes hours and hours to fix, without having to take each pic and edit the size in another place.

Anyone else with an answer?

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well THAT's annoying. What happened to our quarter/half/full size? Why'd they remove them?

I guess I'll just throw them in Picmonkey.

Hi WryLilt,
          Really? I have a lot of old pics I used from Google from when I was new. So as I go through my hubs to choose one Amazon item, and fix the statement where I say it's my work and stealing it will be penalized (empty threat, but I hoped it would help) I noticed the pictures are all huge until you edit them all the way over to the right. That's not so bad, I usually put them in that spot anyway. But why are they making a hard situation harder? I think it's ridiculous to have to go on another site to make pictures the right size. When I'm fixing all my hubs, I'm already on my documents screen, Amazon, HP, have a copy of my work from Word, and sometimes more. It's getting so discouraging I don't know if I want to keep fixing them. The Greek myth ones are a nightmare, they were all long, and I just spent an hour putting up new pictures on one of them. I'm unsure if it's worth it.

2. Writer Fox profile image32
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here's the Forum thread when the announcement was made:
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115875#post2460968

I really need the smaller picture size option sometimes and what HP has done has caused those images to be pixelated. I had to add white space around pictures to make them a 520 pixel width so they wouldn't distort.  Total waste of time.

Writer Fox,
            Thanks for the link. I think it's so stupid. We all have so much editing to do because of the Amazon one item to a hub, plus I am still fixing other things. I used Google Images as a newbie, and have been gradually changing the pics as I use them as one of the 6 we can feature on our profile page. Then I keep getting other idiotic "tips" that don't matter with the subjects I write about. It just makes you want to stop writing here. I have one hub to finish a series, and am not adding anymore content. I've had it.

I've always only had one item per Amazon capsule anyway... better practice imo smile

Hi Wry,
                Yes, it does look nice to have the Amazon big enough so that it actually shows up and you can see it well. Plus it forces you to think of the best item to put since it's only one.

You can stack one on top of another though?

Yes, you can still stack one above the other. I've gotten more used to it now. As long as you right arrow it over, it's a normal size again. Unless you want to spotlight a really good picture. Then it looks good at the very bottom of the hub, it really is large enough to fit your hubs width end to end. It just happened while I was editing all my hubs to take off the Amazon things, or it wouldn't have bothered me so much, though it still seems silly. Plus I have a lot of images I have to replace, to attribute them. It was just bad timing for me. I'll adjust. Take care Wry.

2. VinitaAmrit profile image69
        VinitaAmritposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dear Jean,

There is nothing easy (even simply going to sleep). If you ever find anything easy in life please do let me know too

Sorry, but it seems we still have along way to toil before we rest!

God Bless. Good Luck!

Hi VinitaAmrit,
          You reminded me of something I remember my Dad saying when somebody was complaining about having too many problems. He said that when you no longer had problems, you'd be dead. He said it humorously though. I'm sure I can muddle through. I really just have to fix a bunch of old hubs. Take care.

1. VinitaAmrit profile image69
            VinitaAmritposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too, Jean. Honestly, it has been a pleasure to talk to you. Once again - all the best!

3. brblog profile image80
        brblogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the question; this is really annoying news. Now, if I want to refresh an old idle hub it will mean spending a lot of time just manipulating the graphics. What is worst, if I find a typo on a recent hub, I will have to decide if it is worth the effort to fix it.

3. pinto2011 profile image67
    pinto2011posted 10 years ago

There are software available in the internet with which you can resize your pics very easily.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)