I got a couple of old Hubs featured today!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (32 posts)
  1. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 10 years ago

So exciting, with a couple of edits they are back on the list!

Interesting, when I switched the Ads to 'On' I got an Ad for 'Top 1,000 Latin Ladies!' (could that be right?) Oh my, (It's a Hub about my favorite Hub Pages  writers...How could this happen!?)

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's usually all it takes. Congratulations!

snakeslaneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Barbara, I edited that last post, did you see it?

When I posted I didn't see about the Latin Ladies. I'm thinking maybe I should delete that post.

It won't let me delete it. How embarrassing.

Hi Barbara, not to worry...I've been caught with my 'Edit' down in the forums so many times!

2. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello Ms. Lane. Congrats on getting featured again. I've been revising a bunch of hubs lately after unpublishing the majority. It gives a lot of new thought to the pictures I wanted to add.

Hi Peg, been away so long, I am lost!!! Good to see you lady!
        Now what's with the Latin Ladies (Ads) on my Hubs?!

1. jeffreymaskel profile image66
          jeffreymaskelposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are they getting clicks?  If so let those ladies do their jobs.  Ha!

Not getting clicks, just Latin Ladies Ads. I wonder what kind of Ads I'd get with clicks?

2. PegCole17 profile image94
          PegCole17posted 10 years agoin reply to this

No clue on the Latin ladies, S'lane. The ads don't seem to match the topic of any of my hubs.

Hi Peg, Ads are a mysterious entity, I hardly ever turn them on, so no idea what's going on, could be a cookie virus thingy on my computer, no idea, must do my homework and read more on the Ad situation...

3. Genna East profile image82
      Genna Eastposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear this, snakeslane.  I didn't receive an e-mail notice of this forum, though, which bothers me a little.

Thanks Genna! No idea how notifications work in Forum...

2. VINCENTB profile image60
    VINCENTBposted 10 years ago

Hello every one I to have some hubs that are feature two out of seven is not bad. I have learned to write a lot better because of the Hubpages. I love to write and I even love it more when I have help. Thanks to every member of hub pages reading your work is making me better. Know If I can write good enough articles to earn from this site its been two years on and off. However, my pages is still here and I am Dedicating a view hours every day to work on my writing any more. I don't mind being critiqued.Please leave comments if you guys ever get the chance to read some of my work, pleae leave comment an tips on areas you feel like I need to work on I would greatly appreciate it!

It's so nice to get feedback VincentB, I agree, and wish you the best!

3. brblog profile image81
    brblogposted 10 years ago

I like Hub Pages but truly dislike the policy of not featuring hubs. I understand their motivation but I think it is sad that so much hard work gets so easily dismissed. I can accept a policy that dismisses hubs that are poorly written but disapprove of doing the same to good hubs that just happen to get little or no traffic. I constantly update my hubs, sometime in very minor ways just to buck the trend and keep them featured and I hope that someday Hub Pages will either drop, or make significant changes to this policy . . .

It is frustrating brblog, I have only a few Hubs left featured.

1. wayne barrett profile image73
        wayne barrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on your endeavor. Personally I have stopped caring whether they are featured or not. my first seventy-five hubs were featured and suddenly it seems Hubpages has begun slowly wanting to tweak them all, and most of the poems I publish now don't get featured. Personally, I don't think HP cares about poetry and I am only here for the friends, not the money, so I don't bother trying to get them featured. I have my own website and share in others where we can express ourselves freely, as a poet should be able to, without a site like this trying to imply that my poem is not quality work based on the fact that I did not add a poll! Right!

1. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

Congrats on that snakeslane...

and

I Totally Agree with my fellow poet's post...

it generally takes a genuinely creative and lateral mind to really appreciate the full quality and style of excellent poetry!  Too many excellent poets here have had their work effectively bastardized by grossly sub standard understanding and appreciation of what is a Highly Skilful Art.

1. wayne barrett profile image73
            wayne barrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Amen

2. snakeslane profile image81

Omgosh! Pearldiver! Good to see you.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
              Pearldiverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cheers snakeslane... good to see you too  smile

Sadly like many others I'm thinking that being AWOL here seems to make far more sense than endless hours of doing one's best to try countering the effects of having one's work torpedoed with 'No Follow' code etc.  It all becomes somewhat tiresome and a bit of a joke after a while...  especially when quality work is continually taken down for 'Lack of Engagement' the obvious and predictable result of having a 'No Follow' attached to it in the first place!  roll 

You take care though and I hope your coverage improves...

Thanks! At this point in time it's not too bloody likely! But one can always hope!

2. snakeslane profile image81

Wow, wayne barrett, hello, hello... Thank you!

4. loveofnight profile image76
    loveofnightposted 10 years ago

I have been editing old hubs all day, I hope this works for me as well. Congrats on your victory.

Well I don't know about victory, but it is encouraging loveofnight.

5. Journey * profile image67
    Journey *posted 10 years ago

Congrats on getting hubs featured again snakeslane. I find that revising has been helping me in a lot of instances as well. Good luck with seeing continued benefits from your improvements.

6. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years ago

Congrats, snakeslane!!!  I find that updating my Hubs every so often has a great impact.  I always miss something on my first edit before I publish, and as time goes by, I edit and re-edit my Hubs, always trying to improve them, update them in terms of more current information, etc.  I just recently went through all the Hubs I hadn't updated in a while, deleted a few Hubs that weren't performing well, and edited a lot of them!  They are all featured now, and I have seen a slight increase in traffic!

Thanks Anna!

7. profile image0
    Scott P Williamsposted 10 years ago

That's true I did the same thing and it gave me a big boost in traffic and in featured hubs.

Hey Scott, good going!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)