How Would You Like To Die!

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Of course, it really isn't up to any of us. But if you had to choose, how would you like to go? If I had to choose mine, I think Moses' death was pretty cool. God told him, go up to this mountain and die there. And he simply did that. He even had a nice view of the land flowing with milk and money before he gave up. That's some cool stuff.

1. andromida profile image54
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my sleep while dreaming of death.

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK, first of, I dont want to die. Period. Second, ...nice view? like...nah nah na na na...the land of milk and honey you cant get into cuz YOU MESSED UP!!!! no thank you!!

3. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that a cool death would be where I self-destruct like the Predator, like when Arnold kicks his alien butt in an epic fight: I go down and so do you! (Add spooky Predator sound byte laughter here please).  Sore losers rule!

4. Harvey Stelman profile image60
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have already died three times.
      1- I was a blacksmith and a horse kicked me in the head while I was shoeing him, out fast.
      2- In WWl my parashoot didn't open, splat.
      3- While I was shining George Washington's shoes (he was in them) a shot rang out intended for him. I had the misfortune of standing up.

2. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

In a blaze of glory!
    Nahhh...Just as long as its painless and fast will do fine.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

For many years, I had my own death planned in detail.  I'd be living alone in a remote mountain cabin.  When it was time, I'd hook up a temperature sensor to my body and shuffle off the mortal coil.  As the body cooled, the sensor would spark a massive fire (fuel preset of course), awesomely incinerating both cabin and body.

This would take place in deep winter with plenty of snow to assure the fire would not spread beyond the cabin's immediate vicinity.  Self cremation, self checkout, and the rest of the world could go whistle.

As of today, though, that doesn't look all that workable--since I'm living in the desert surrounded by high-fire-danger vegetation, not to mention a wife, 3 cats, and a gecko.  Best laid plans of mice and men and all that...big_smile

4. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

Devoured by wild racoons.

5. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I always thought being strafed by laser fire while doing the trench run on the Death Star in an X-Wing fighter would be the coolest way to die.

6. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Two things about dying.
    1. I do not want to be conciously there when it happens, and 2. I would like to die in my sleep.

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

wow you got your wish..... well done.......  Rest In Peace.

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

1. Joy56 profile image68
          Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

and you recommend 1 what is your wish.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

u lived by your conviction and died the way u want to...earnest , i would always miss u...

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmm

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Darkside, your idea (the Trench Run) isn't bad at all!  Have to admit I slightly prefer the old George S. Patton quote though--if I've got it right, something like:

"You don't want to die for your country.  You want to make the other poor bastard die for HIS country."

8. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

In my sleep!!!

9. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

So a lot of people wanna go in their sleep. Easy and painless, huh.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Much preferred than the alternative of pain and suffering!

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obviously.

10. Lifebydesign profile image64
    Lifebydesignposted 14 years ago

I actually want to observe the whole thing - although I'm in no rush. The near-death-experiences I've read about are fascinating!

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I want to revise mine so I'm sleeping while wild raccoons devour me.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that makes it so much better.

12. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

what a question........ peacefully and with the people I love around me.

13. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Want to go to sleep and just continue dreaming...

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to go with the sleep thing too, in the arms of my lover, in the middle of a beautiful dream. I cannot be imaginative with this one lol, i just dont like pain.

1. mayhmong profile image75
        mayhmongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, same here.

14. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

actually, too depressing, don't feel like thinking about it.  Am still haunted by that hub I read a couple of weeks ago which said the end of the world is 21st December 2012.  As I was putting my boxes into storage for 4 years, was thinking, why am I bothering?  We'll all be dead before the 4 years is up.

1. Rehana Stormme profile image71
      Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well, we're almost there...

15. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

By the warmth of my charcoal burner next to my bed. Plenty of carbon monoxide makes a cool sleep and painless death. I will be doing it soon at 99-plus. Good bye in advance, Fierycj.

16. Cam Anju profile image67
    Cam Anjuposted 14 years ago

In my sleep, outside under a tree. Sounds peaceful. smile

17. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

In my sleep with a smile on my face.  wink

18. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Wealthy.

19. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

in bed next to my spouse and have enough food out for the cats and dogs and hopefully the kids will already be grown.

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yup. kids grown. definately!!

20. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

of old age.  smile

21. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

How about in a blaze of glory, doing you know what...if you know what I mean?  I mean if you have to go, might as well go happy!  cool

1. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would be careful, you look awfully happy in your avatar!

1. k@ri profile image85
        k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, Paper Moon...although I'm not sure if I would be hubbing at the same time!  big_smile

2. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My luck...I would croak just before the chicken cackled!

1. k@ri profile image85

Better to have no luck than that luck...could life be so unfair sad

22. onthewriteside profile image60
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

Die!!??  Hell I'm never gonna die...

23. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Not at all.

24. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 14 years ago

I'd like to die prefably better than when I was born:

Not screaming, not confused, not naked.

1. k@ri profile image85

Not confused, definitely not confused!  big_smile

1. Paper Moon profile image80
        Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Roflmao.

25. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I want to keel over dead just before I deliver the punch line to one of those long, rambling shaggy-dog type story jokes.

1. k@ri profile image85

lol  lol  lol

26. 1kmjs profile image64
    1kmjsposted 14 years ago

When you die it has to be just as special as when you were born. I absolutely want to die while saving a child in need. I always saw myself seeing a little one in the road playing as a speeding car whips by. With seconds to act I scoop the child and throw them to safety just as the car blasts me into the heavens. Then I meet the lord and my grandpa upstairs and we all look down at a truely special moment. It would help the grieving aspect too. If my family knew I died doing a selfless act it would make them proud.

27. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

out of saddness from being the last man on earth

28. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

Either peacefully and painlessly in my sleep or in a blaze of glory doing something heroic.

1. k@ri profile image85

or in a blaze of glory doing something not quite so heroic? cool

29. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Just to die in my sleep of natural causes....not while walking out one day and a huge frozen piece of pissy poo strikes me on the head or trying to curl one out on the toilet...it worked for Elvis, but not me!

30. Ron Montgomery profile image62
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I would like to be shot in the head by the jealous husband of the 22 year old woman I made love to on my 95th birthday.  I would then like to be ground up into cat food.

31. manlypoetryman profile image83
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

At Mach 2.2...or better! Like Dale Earnhardt (at approx. 200 mph)...here one sec and in the fight...Gone the next...in a twinkling of an eye!

32. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Quickly. Preferably in my sleep.

33. buyculla profile image53
    buycullaposted 14 years ago

mine involves three separate injections (in sequential order):   

1. Sodium thiopental: ultra-short action barbiturate, an anesthetic agent capable of rendering unconsciousness in a few seconds.   

2. Pancuronium: non-depolarizing muscle relaxant, causes complete, fast and sustained paralysis of the skeletal striated muscles, including the diaphragm and the rest of the respiratory muscles; this would eventually cause death by asphyxiation.

3. Potassium chloride: stops the heart, and thus causes death by cardiac arrest.

just kidding. But I don't even want to know when I die.

34. onthewriteside profile image60
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

I said before that I'm not going to die...I'm going to live forever.  But if I do have to die, I guess I would prefer that it happen on camera with fierycj filming it!  I could be one of the extras in a scene where a bunch of innocent by-standers go out in a blaze of machine gun fire or something!  lol

35. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

in my sleep

36. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Okay, I've given this some thought. Hubby and I are returning home from an awesome vacation, and we die together from carbon monoxide in the car. No other cars are involved when we die and veer off the highway, so no one else is hurt or killed.

37. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I almost drowned once.  I remember it as if I was going to sleep.  Very peaceful.  In fact, I was angry when I got pulled from the water!  If I could chose how I died, it would be by drowning. I just want to live long enough to get my 16yr.old boy out of college and on his own! By then, I should be ready!

38. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

Just after my orgasm.

39. IJR112 profile image59
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

Certainly in my sleep without knowing it's coming.

40. Hugh Williamson profile image77
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

"When I die, I'd like to go like my grandfather did -- peacefully, in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

- Mark Russell

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

41. DIYweddingplanner profile image75
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Ahemmm....

DIYWeddingPlanner, 93, reknowned Hubpages author and wedding planner, was found dead today in the arms of her 22 year old lover holding a bottle of Captain Morgan's and wearing nothing but a pair of her signature 5 inch stilletos. Rescue squads commented on how amazing DIY looked considering her advanced years, due to her discovery of the lost Fountain of Youth in her South Carolina backyard.  Also dead was her 22 year old lover. 

It was noted that both died with a smile still on their faces.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)