Does anyone write for Bubblews?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (146 posts)
  1. LisaMarie724 profile image67
    LisaMarie724posted 10 years ago

Does anyone write for Bubblews and if so what do you think of it?  Would it be a good idea to take the hubs I have that aren't performing well and put them on there?

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes every darn one of us! lol! seriously hubs are too long, Bubblews are just short pieces about our lives, what we eat, our pets, general chit chat, and so on. I do write small did you know? stuff, and also we write very short articles too, about health or tv etc.
      Forgot to say, Bubblews tends to be a bit throw away, in other words, it keeps the best stuff, but I am not sure whether it performs well on google, its really just the writers and readers that make us the money, so its not worth writing huge pieces, okay?

1. LisaMarie724 profile image67
        LisaMarie724posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I was wondering.

2. Thelma Alberts profile image89
        Thelma Albertsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ditto Nell;-)

1. Peggy W profile image96
          Peggy Wposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well said Nell and Thelma.  Why not have fun and make good money at the same time?  Since late May, I have 15 redemptions and getting paid each and every time with no problems.

1. bgamall profile image68
            bgamallposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Peggy, got my first redemption and It is easy and fun. Bubblews will not pay for spam or violation of their agreements. You fix it or you don't get paid. It is simple. I am simple and I like simple.

Hubpages has allowed me to learn to write, get gigs at Business Insider, Beforeitsnews and Seeking Alpha (as GaryA). I have no complaints. I think they are jerked around by Google but who knows?

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't know about writing, but I have tossed many scribbles there.

Nell Rose's post is 100% truth.

Mary is also wise.

3. Dale Hyde profile image79
      Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have been writing there since July 22, 2012.  I have made over $250.00 posting 75 short articles.  That sums it up.

Short term earnings are there.  Long-term, time will tell. smile

Hope that helps some.

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Long term you can be pretty sure earnings= zero.

1. Dale Hyde profile image79

That will remain to tell.  As far as I know there is nothing concrete about long term.  I do know that here my earnings have just about dried up, lol.

2. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It depends upon how vigilant they are with regard to posting spam, unauthorized pics, and with regard to other violations of their rules. If they remain on top of it long term will be fine.

4. academylight profile image43
      academylightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

i just started writing my first hub and I gained a lot of views

5. Shinkicker profile image53
      Shinkickerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I opened an account with Bubblews the other day and wrote a small Blog to test the waters. The next morning my account had disappeared. I opened another new account and the same thing has happened this morning.

It's not  a password problem as the search engine could not find my username or my Blog.

Has anyone else had this problem?

1. profile image0
        Hovalisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, my first account there disappeared as well. I've signed up again and so far the account is still there. Rather annoyed about having to start again, but hopefully this time it'll stay. *crosses fingers and toes*

1. Solaras profile image96
          Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You need to be careful that you don't have multiple accounts or you will not get paid for anything you do on the site. I have a hub on it about Making Money at Home on Bubblews.

You need to contact support to make sure you don't have more than one account before you try to redeem.

1. profile image0
            Hovalisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The first account disappeared completely! It is no longer there.  At all.I only have one account, and that is the new one.  I signed up again with the same email, and the same user name. I did not spam, or anything of the like. There seems to be some kind of bug in their database, because I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

6. Solaras profile image96

You can take a long hub, and possibly pare it down into several small pieces to make a series on that topic.  That will get you several posts that you can upload throughout the course of the day.

2. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 10 years ago

There are several Hubs written about the pros and cons on Bubblews.  I'd suggest you read them and form your own opinion.   Just search Bubblews and you will find the Hubs.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I quit Bubblews. smile But some people like it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

If I may humbly ask, why did you quit? smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

See my latest Bubble smile

Found it. Read it. I was expecting a real barn burner, but the thing was downright benign. big_smile

Who knows what the future holds. Btw, the site went down again right after I read it. lol

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.

2. academylight profile image43
          academylightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

where to find this bubble?

This is where writerly research skills come in useful.

3. rmcrayne profile image91
          rmcrayneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm very curious as to what you had to say, but I guess the site has been down all weekend.  I guess someone hinted this is at least in part why you have decided to part ways with Bubblews.

In actuality, anyone who has been on HP for any length of time will remember HP being down quite a bit in the past and not too distant past, lol.  This usually says nothing about a site overall, or how it will turn out in the future.  Here on HP it was upgrades and it still burps from time to time.  On Bubblews it is also about upgrades to the site and the servers.

Bubblews has been down part of the weekend, but I have made over $7.00 there today so it has not been down entirely, lol, for the whole weekend.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
              livewithrichardposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't need any naysayers over there anyway... Bubblews has a very positive thinking membership unlike this place... By the way, I redeemed a $44 bank on Friday and my bank is at $22 today and the day is not over....

2. rmcrayne profile image91

I've been on HP for 4 years now, and until fairly recently signed on to the site every day.  I don't recall any real down time on HP.  And there are so many hubbers speaking so positively about Bubblews, so that's good enough for me for now.   I've got 5 pieces ready, and am impatient to post!

It's been a few years but he is right HP was going down quite a bit but not as often as Bubblews goes down.  I think HP was moving a to a new server and they were having some big server issues.  Bubblews has some growing pains they need to get through and people flip out when it goes down. It's like getting addicted to Facebook because it is so much more sociable than it is here.  That wasn't always the case because our forums here use to be so much fun until the powers that be started to ban members for the stupidest things.  No banning going on over there at bubblews, at least none that I have noticed.
                I find it real funny that there are a few people here at HP trying to dissuade others from going over to Bubblews.. what does it matter to them? It's not an US against THEM situation. Many of us write on other platforms and we should. Don't wait to post but you might want to stagger your posts to 15 or 20 minute intervals so that your connections have time to get through their notifications.  Connections grow very fast.  Don't use it to backlink to your hubs or anywhere else.  Only use pictures you have permission to use and show the permission.  Share your posts and the posts of your connections and you will see how fast and easy it is to earn and have fun over there.

4. earner profile image81
          earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

WryLilt - I just connected with you. Hadn't seen you there before.

4. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

Despite expectations some blubs on Bubblews DO rank well in narrow niches and the SERP position is sustained. See example below.

Blubs get indexed by Google in 30-60 minutes except when title keywords are saturated.
    Believe it or Not! Passive income sustained without bullet holes!

Google regards it as a news site or social chat circle of friends!!!

http://www.wotisnew.com/serprank.jpg

5. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I write.  3 payments paid to date; one in the pipeline; 5th one claimed yesterday.  Made $3 since yesterday's claim without doing anything.

6. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 10 years ago

I've been writing there since May, however, my last five payments have not gone through. No explanation as to why. They did pay me for the first few months then suddenly stopped. Very anoid b it all really.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

People who are not getting paid usually break some rules.  They are so secretive about some rules.  I'm been told a couple of things:  not allowed to link back to HP (many Hubbers were doing that), lack of attribution on photos.  Word is they never tell you why you are getting paid, they just won't pay if any rule is broken.  I put in for my first redemption and 3 days later I had word that my money had been sent to Paypal.  I was scared to death I had broken some rules, but I guess not. I really like writing there.  It is fun; not stressful.

1. andyoz profile image86
        andyozposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The only rule I could think that I had maybe broken was the one about photos. Since they stopped paying me I've gone back and deleted all the pictures that are not my own. So I'm sure now I have broken no rules. It is very upsetting when they don't pay you, all that hard work for nothing.

1. rmcrayne profile image91

I really wish they'd make it easier to do attribution, like here at HP.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Attribution is very easy there.  I use Morguefile.com and simply write the attribute for it at the bottom of the page.  Couldn't be simpler.  By the way, I use photos on every article and have had no problems as far as non payment.  However, I never link to anything.

7. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

Frustrated by the lack of a forum I set up my own

see http://www.bubbleoh.com/forum

Join if you like, Cheers.

8. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I've finally started dabbling with Bubblews this past week. I'm not quite sure what to think of it yet.

9. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 10 years ago

Everything about the site is setting of red warning klaxons. Maybe I'll try it, but I can't see how it is a viable long term business. I'd be nervous about any long term potential. I just don't see how it can possibly earn money and stay open unless it's flush on tech industry startup cash.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Think of it this way, Len.
      When I first came to HP I had no idea there was such a thing as 'how to write for the web'. I stumbled across the site while Googling something like "make money online".
      I have absolutely no idea how Bubblews sustain their business model, and expect them to run for the hills anytime soon.
      Until then, I have nothing to lose, Have you?

1. Len Cannon profile image87
        Len Cannonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Kind of! Time and energy are a major investment when it comes to trying to earn online. Spending effort on a flash in the pan that not only doesn't pay off but goes defunct is a major waste. I know lots of ways to earn money (hubpages is just a small one that has a decent long term return) and wasted effort will hurt me down the road.

2. Dale Hyde profile image79

I certainly am loosing nothing!  Making money writing articles too short for this site. smile  I have made more in less than two months than I made here in almost a year. smile  The ONLY ones loosing are the ones who are not posting and sharing on a new platform model that is being speculated on.  All platforms were "new" at one time. smile 

It is awesome that we have all the experts here on HP where the earnings are way down, lol!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Bubblews sustains its business model because it does not depend on Google for views.  Advertisers pay for exposure, and they get plenty of it via the writers on Bubblews.  I, too, thought they were short term, but they may well come out on top.  I've made more there in three months than on Yahoo and HP combined over the last three years.  If they drop dead tomorrow, I've not been hurt at all.  What I write there is all throw away stuff or stuff that was just sitting with no place to go.

10. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 10 years ago

I haven't been to my Bubblews account in at least two weeks. This thread inspired me to log on and I have 5385 notifications! yikes

11. suziecat7 profile image76
    suziecat7posted 10 years ago

I also write there. Two payouts so far and it's fun! Will it last? Only Google knows.

1. Lissie profile image76
      Lissieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I haven't written here for a long time  - but I am having a great time on BubbleWS - it reminds me a bit of Hubpages in 2007 - except it's easier to earn there. If anyone wants to connect my username is the same!

1. earner profile image81
        earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I've already connected to you .... through natural selection.

1. Lissie profile image76
          Lissieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LOL one of the fun things is connecting with people I havne't seen for years online! So far in the last 3 weeks on BubbleWS I've made $50 and about 50c on Hubpages  -so much for all that "ever green content' your hubs will earn for ever nonsense

Last time I saw you in these forums you were proselytizing for Wizzley.

How did that go?

12. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 10 years ago

jan.  Thanks for setting up that Forum!  We really need that.  I just registered and look forward to using the forum.

I am writing there:  mary615, same as here.  I am enjoying it.

13. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Interesting... My humor posts instantly get lots of Likes. My spastic and idiotic posts instantly get lots of Likes. The serious post I just now made with the intention of actually helping people in their jobs and careers? A grand total of one Like.

LOL!  I have a post there "My favorite Bubbles seem to be everyone else's least favorite"  Nothing long or in depth or the viewers will click away in disgust.

paradigmsearch   I get plenty of likes and comments on all types of articles, nothing is excluded.  If people like your work, just as with HP, they read you.

14. Len Cannon profile image87

I decided to spend some time while my friends are having a few drinks and rewatching a TV series I've already seen to sign up and write a few. I wrote a relatively long post (it feels silly to call it a bubble) and it was eaten when I tried to submit it. It seems that I had been logged out and am now unable to log back in.

So far, so.. good. Bleh.

15. Len Cannon profile image87

Cool, it seems that my account doesn't exist at all any more! My post, my comments on other posts, all disappeared! I wrote a good five hundred words and used my own photos, so my instinct is that I was not banned for breaking a rule, just the server rolled back and took my account and all of its content with it. Still seems pretty serious that the user profiles/logins can be reset like that.

I'll give it a week of 400 word bubbles when I'm not "working" and just watching TV with my laptop and see if it is legit but this is an incredibly frustrating and inauspicious start.

16. hyp profile image71
    hypposted 10 years ago

I haven't reach their redemption yet. I've got 3 articles in bubblews and will post more soon.
    By the way, in bubblews, when I click (+New Bubblews) button, it always say Website is Offline or Error 502 Bad gateway.

Does anyone encounter it too or it is just me? Thank you.

That error started over the weekend.  I am not sure what is causing it.  The newly submitted articles (Bubbles) are still able to be viewed on the front page, up at the top.  The 502 error should be resolved soon on that one tab.  I have not yet been there today to check it out.

Edit:  I just went there and clicked on that tab and all is working okay now. smile  No error message.

1. hyp profile image71
        hypposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dale, yes it seems working now. Thank you. smile

17. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 10 years ago

Have not used or interested in using BubbleWS.

Got other projects taking up my attention and will be better for me in the long run.

Short answer is I've gone back to blogging, but now I am also collaborating with liked minded bloggers in a BIG way.

How are you collaborating with liked minded bloggers in a BIG way?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I joined a group of liked minded Daddy Bloggers and we share blog posts and other stuff through our collective Facebook Page and other places like, each others blogs (guest posts) an official (blog) page, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google+.

On my own blog I reach currently a couple of hundred people. Through this network of 18 combined participants, we have a far greater reach of about 20,000+ readers.

We also have several one off guest posts with some Mummy bloggers, of which a couple of these bloggers have a 100,000+ readers.

So a few of our posts have potential to reach large numbers of people. Doing one's own blog is great, but collaboration has much greater benefits. Its not just about the old adage of 'bums on seats' either. The synergies and potential for great, big projects become much more realized as well.

We are already doing this here on HubPages (to a degree) as the site helps our articles get reach and be viewed with Google search. as compared to doing ones own article site.

I also learnt some time ago to not keep all eggs in one basket (articles and writing on the web), nor attempt to do things solely on my own.

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
          Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kangaroo Jase, long time no see! I tried doing things on my own too but yes, it didn't work out. Made some money but too much hard word sustaining it. So back onto Hubpages again!

18. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 10 years ago

I joined Bubblews last night and am so far enjoying it. The constant site crashing is a bit unnerving, but otherwise, it doesn't appear to be too bad.

Bubblews does appear to have quite a few low quality articles. I've noticed, however, that if you sift through some of the rubbish, you will find good quality articles.

My opinion on whether or not it will last is this: none of these sites last. Some go for several years and others crash within a few months. That's part of the freelance writing game. Any freelance writer that throws all of their articles and hope into one site really needs to get a better perspective.

Also, if anyone would like to follow me on Bubblews, my username is DanieNewcomb.

Cheers!

Since you just started it is best that you know that bubblews is not a writing site which is why some of the writing there is poor quality.  Bubblews is a social blogging network which is sort of a mix between Twitter and Facebook with a way to monetize it for its members.  The key to success there is to connect and be social.

19. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Funny how all the Bubblers come here to have a chat.

What's even funnier is that we don't come here to chat with you...  so not sure why you feel the need to pop in on every bubblew thread...  Are you feeling left out? We didn't leave you out in the cold, HP did that.  Us bubblers, who are also hubbers, have a big laugh every time we hit that redeem button, which is about every 2 or 3 days... We earn more in those couple of days than most hubbers earn in a month.  HP is dieing a slow but steady death which is sad since we spent so much time and effort trying to make this place succeed.

Sorry, was it your intent to just get ahead of the spammers?  What a freakin joke.

I suppose I was making the point that a fake social networking site where almost every visit to to every pages is just for the sake of making a cent cannot be very satisfying. So I understand why you might drop into a place where what people say has some authenticity.

Seemed an innocent remark to me.

Of course it would but it sounded pretty snarky to me.  Bubblews is about as fake a social network as Hubpages is a content farm... oh wait.. Hubpages is a content farm according to Google.

I can see your point though about visiting and learning about the lives of our connections at bubblews not being very satisfying, no where near as satisfying as spending hours in HP forums jumping on anyone that thinks HP is no longer worth the effort.

Maybe you can explain to me with your vast experience as a successful hubber, how is writing and engaging on HP worth the effort?  What is the pay off?  I know it use to pay off pretty well, at least for me, with a couple million page views and peaking at just over 16000 a day and $1200 a month in income.  But I'm sure your own success here far exceeds my own.  I don't have a leg to stand on next to your experience.

So no discussions worth peeking at?

As to your questions. I take part in the forums out of interest. Shockingly I don't get paid. But then I chat to people in the local bar for nothing too. And in shops.

And money? I do okay here. But then I look at the yearly totals. Last month was terrible the rest of the year, good.

Frankly, if people are half way honest I don't bother them in the forums. So if you want to say 'Bubblers is an OK place to make a small amount of money if you happen to be desperate and not too fussy about standards', I would have some sympathy.

All this rah, rah we are a wonderful group of like-minded people building a real community. Well, you know what that is.

Sorry Will, you just don't get it... the posts there are generally not open discussions.  They're mostly of a personal nature that allow you to peek into the posters life.  It is not a writer's site.  The people are generally supportive of one another and I for one have not encountered a single negative comment. Comments are uplifting and positive and whether they are sincere or not doesn't matter, the message is just the same. 

Nobody is going to point you to posts because nobody can properly gauge your personality.  You may think your comments are witty and sarcastic and provide humor but in reality they come off as being snarky and elitist.  You want to have a conversation then try engaging with real questions and concerns because the way you are behaving in just about every thread I've seen you in looks like you are trying to sow some discontent and stir the pot, which is the textbook definition of an Internet troll and I know I'm not the first one to call you out on that.

Private? Howso?

http://www.bubblews.com/news/1103406-do … the-trolls

Ironic that you say  'I hope Bubblews never opens a forum' whilst being irresistably drawn to this one.

Also, do you really believe this:

'Comments are uplifting and positive and whether they are sincere or not doesn't matter, the message is just the same.'

This is the same as saying, 'I have no interest in what is true as long nothing comes along to upset me'. That is scary.

I never said private, I said personal and that post is an example of personal, isn't it?  We post our personal thoughts and feelings and receive feedback that is generally uplifting.  My connections would disagree with you that I have no interest because I engage each and every one of them when they are active.

BTW see it wasn't hard for you to go there yourself and pull up a post on your own and thank you for seeding my post here in this forum, it should give me a little boost in views.  Speaking of views, did you notice how many that post had?  93 views, 15 comments, and 31 likes in less than 24 hours and it took me a whole 6  minutes or so to write.  Less than 250 words and it has already earned me $1.39

My last hub took me 6 hours to research and write and add all the BS elements that HP encourages to make a hub engaging.  That hub is 2 1/2 months old and has less than 100 views.  Care to guess how much it's earned me?  I'll save you the trouble; ZILCH!  Not quite worth the effort from my point of view.  But then it's the kind of regurgitated crap that HP likes,

2. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

B-but, no-one on Bubbles is discussing what is the best doohickey to water your plants.  How can anyone engaging in civilized discussions be having any fun?  AND, earning money doing it.  It is an abomination.  (sarcasm intended)

A while ago, I asked for links to articles that could be considered worth reading at Bubblews. It did not get me very far.

Perhaps, instead, you could point me in the direction of some interesting discussions.

I am only horrified by the fakery of the site because all I ever see is fakery and nonsense. Point me at some stuff that is not nonsense and I would be happy to change my mind.

edit: all I am talking about are online conversations where the majority of people are saying something that they genuinely believe. I'm not demanding profound, witty or enlightening.

There goes my armadillo former hub...

Nonsense with charm might change my mind.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
            Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I won't self promote myself yet again.  No really.

A friend that I met on there was down because she was slighted by another Bubbler.  I wrote a supportive post as did others.  The comments are supportive and interesting - in my opinion.

It is an example of real people having a real point of view.  Just like a forum conversation but with the bonus of income.

You won't see real unless you join, find the right people to connect with and have a conversation.  Otherwise it is just like looking at a forum of strangers.

And Will.  For goodness sake.  This forum is largely mindless.  Repetitive, pointless contributions - a lot of fake look-at-me stuff.  Yes.  My speciality.  Perhaps that's why I like Bubblews so much.

3. Reality Bytes profile image75
            Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A couple of seconds on the first page and I found an interesting discussion!

http://www.bubblews.com/news/1075645-teleportation

As a matter of fact, this author has a lot of interesting pieces:

http://www.bubblews.com/account/52503-truli

20. earner profile image81

I'd be interested to know more about the theory of "linking to hubpages" being a reason for non-payment.  I've had 3 paid out; 4th/5th awaiting - and just had to chase the 4th.  I linked to a couple of hubs in my early posts ..... not much/overly and not in more than 1-3 relevant posts.

I do find the "secret rules" unnerving. 

I have been paid more there than I earnt here, over the same period - and that was from a standing start, whereas here I've 300+ hubs up and in good standing.  I need money for bread "NOW" - not cake in a year's time.

Re the group suggested above: I'll be staying clear of that in case it's deemed to be a Traffic Exchange (as per rule 3).

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

earner:  Bubblews makes its money by keeping people on its site.  Although they allow a certain amount of linking, they do not like it and writers there take a chance when they do it.  They clearly state they do not want you creating affiliate or referral links and to only use links that enhance your posts.  The types of posts people write there generally do not lend themselves to linking, anyhow...so why take the chance?  The rules there are not "secret", they simply are not as clear as they could be, so people make faulty assumptions and then wonder why they do not get paid.

21. paradigmsearch profile image61

To bubble? Or not to bubble? That is the question.

Not much of a question.. while you are here commenting and refreshing forum posts and watching the live stats on G analytics and earning a couple pennies, Bubblers are commenting and posting and socializing and earning a few dollars.  What's so hard to choose?

Tis better to have bubbled and lost, than to have never bubbled at all.

A bubble in time, saves nine.

He who bubbles last, bubbles least.

Btw, I am rapaciously gazing at my PayPal account as we speak... big_smile

22. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 10 years ago

I haven't visited the forums in a long time.  I am interested in learning more about Bubblews.  Are there overrides if you refer someone?  In other words...before I just go over there and join, I might as well give someone the credit for referring me.  smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

They don't really pay anything for referrals - 20 cents or something - a one off payment.  One less spam thing to worry about.

I would just join.  Take two minutes.  Post a thought.  400 characters minimum.  No games, no linking, no marketing, no tricks - just a thought about anything.

See what happens.

One less spam thing to worry about, lol.

Yes, but not much.  Use sandnsun as a referral (that's me) and I'll earn 20 cents one time.

23. Will Apse profile image87

'I won't self promote myself yet again.  No really.'

It is very telling that no one can recommend a single post or discussion on Bubbers that is not actually their own.

Here you go Will:
      http://www.bubblews.com/news/961375-may … cell-phone
      http://www.bubblews.com/news/906026-the-phantom-pooper

There have been many others I have enjoyed, but their search function is not very good, and it is hard to finad an article that you liked unless you remember the name of the author.

Will, the posts move through the site so fast that referring them is difficult.  Why don't you just join and read things for yourself.  You've got nothing to lose.  DavidAaron and Jounda are two that come to mind, but there are many, many more.  Remember, there are many HP writers on Bubblews now, and most are very good at what they do.

24. paradigmsearch profile image61

Interesting... My two political bubbles are moving right along...

25. Len Cannon profile image87

I'm not trying to be territorial, if I'm telling someone to be wary of a service it is because I want to help them. My usage of HubPages has similarly declined recently but I do remain confident in their business model.

I have been using Bubblews for the past few days during my TV time like I said I would. I'm not particularly interested in the community one way or the other, but I made a point of only posting things that interested me and commenting and liking on things that I read.

It's... fine.  I'm sure pockets of community exist there and have a good time, which is great but I'm not seeing a lot of engagement. That's also fine because I'm sure most people are interested in money, like myself.

Even more so than before, I just have serious concerns about where the money is coming from. You get a penny per view (an effective CPM 10.00) while supposedly splitting the ad revenue 50/50 with Bubblews. I can assure you the ads they have there are not earning 20 dollars per thousand impressions. That's not including payments for likes, comments, and other bonuses.

I STRONGLY urge bubblers to anticipate a crash.  If they are paying you out, good. Keep doing what you're doing and get the money while you can. I do not see how it is possible for the company to maintain their model, however. With that in mind, DO NOT consider Bubblews earnings a reliable income and maintain other earning models for yourself in the meantime.

I will keep messing around and see how things progress in the meantime.

Once again, I am not trying to hurt feelings or convince someone one site is better than another. I don't want anyone to get burned, that's all.

I can't believe it has a future but then I don't care about that one way or the other.

I would just be happy if the Bubblers got their own forum.

This one is supposed to be for a writer's site called Hubpages. It is not an extension of a fake social site.

1. mary615 profile image82
        mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Will Apse.  We do have our own Forum now.  See above janderson99 above.  She has set it up, and I think it's wonderful to have our very own Forum.  We won't have to come here and bother you good folks who don't like us anyway.  My best to you.

I would take it as a kind gesture if you spread the word on that far and wide.

I will point all Bubblers in that direction from now on.

So here is the link: hxxp://www.bubbleoh.com/forum

2. livewithrichard profile image73

We are members here Will and this forum is for Freeform Discussions... if you don't like the discussion then hop on over to a different thread because this thread is all about writing for Bubblews.

3. Dale Hyde profile image79

Really!  Do you own the forum? You dictate it is for HubPages only?  Have you seen the original post of this thread?  Those who are speaking of Bubblews are only answering a fellow HP member's question.

This is an open forum.  I mean have you ever looked beyond your blinders?

It appears that you are the main one here that many talk about.  The rude one, the one always talking down to others.  No, I am not attacking you, but simply read back over this one thread and read all your posts.  You are talking down to everyone that you are communicating with here like you are some hot shot know it all, lol. 

You, sir, put on your pants the same as everyone else I am sure.  Express your opinion, but also accept what your opinion reflects about  you to others.

Now, for my update for others. smile

As of this date, (drum roll).... I have been paid a total of $281.49 since joining Bubblews on July 22nd. smile  That is cleared, in the bank type of cash money!  Here, umm....like $20.00 for the same time period.

That being said, again, folks need to keep in mind that HP is a writing platform and Bubblews is not, it is a social blogging type of site.  A rather new concept. smile  Short term or long term, I do know that I have almost three hundred bucks I did not have on the fourth of July, lol.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Go Dale!  I posted my reply on Bubblews.  It will earn money and maybe start a conversation. Driving people away seems like a good idea.  Not.

Well, as you know, my review on Bubblews about Bubblews vs HP is still making me money and I don't want to over saturate my account with stuff about HP, lol.  That is my top bubble by the way! smile I will have to look at your Bubble of response. smile

Edit: Well I went and read it and left a comment on it!  Well done! smile

2. PhoenixV profile image63
          PhoenixVposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+

2. livewithrichard profile image73

You see, that's the key... you have to engage to be engaged.  If you can care less about the community then why would the community care about you?

Good advice but just because you don't understand something does not mean your fears are going to manifest.  It is a privately held company and hard to find stats on membership or page views but with my own stats of around 300-400 page views a day and a little digging I found that there are just over 81,000 members on the site today, only 35,000 4 months ago, and the site gets nearly 500,000 unique visits per day.  How many unique visits does HP get?  Just about the same.  I STRONGLY suggest that any Hubber that want's to earn more than what you earn here to jump on board. No urgency though because I'd bet paycheck against paycheck that Bubblews will be around for quite a long time.

Apparently you have a forum all of your own, where no one will ever say anything uncomfortable simply because it is true:

hxxp://www.bubbleoh.com/forum

What could be nicer?

I'm not a member of that unaffiliated forum but I am a member of this one... so I think I'll stick around until this ship sinks.... shouldn't be long... so no worries.

You hate the site that much?

Hate is too strong a word Will, I'm completely disappointed with this site.  Here are my concerns:
              This site is losing revenue not gaining revenue.  It's losing membership at an alarming rate too.  Relache pointed out in this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/post/reply/2467207 how the number of published writers here dropped from "232,660 in January 2012 down to today's 85,997 (a 63% drop)."
              Doesn't that concern you?  I'm sure it concerns the 3rd party advertisers that HP is now reliant upon.
              I theorize that the 'editor's choice' is a way to ensure that the best of the best remains on HP while nearly 90% of the rest of hubs will be left to dwindle away. 
              You can be certain that if the majority of hubs that remain are not editors choice then HP will certainly roll out a new share plan that will leave most hubbers on the short end of the stick.  But then again, most hubbers don't earn more than a few pennies anyway so how much worse can it really get?
              Everything that hubpages now requires to make hubs more engaging has severely slowed down page load times which is a big indicator in how G ranks pages in the SERP's.  They have increased our efforts without increasing our reward system plus they are already taking a bigger piece of the pie that we were never going to taste anyway.  This may be fine for new people just starting out but for experienced internet marketers and writers, and hubpages members, it is infuriating.
              This may be a little too prophetic for some to handle but when you've been around a while you learn to see the signs.  And right now I'm seeing a sign that reads "iceberg just ahead."

1. HollieT profile image80
                HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In one of the recent posts by Paul E (think it may have been on the blog, but not sure) I noticed that he singled out Suite as a model that either had recovered or he would want to emulate. I found that post disturbing in two ways; firstly, Suite didn't recover, they just revamped their site and hoped for the best. Secondly, the new model was to "not pay for any new articles" For now, they continue to pay for authors for articles which have been published, and remained approved for some time- new articles will not receive any rev share, or payment, whatsoever. This is their "new model". Apparently, writers should just write for the love of writing, and not expect payment. As expected, established authors sought new platforms.

Is this what HP are trying to emulate? Good luck to Suite and HP, I wish you all the best!

Not sure Hollie but we can bang the garbage cans as loud as possible like we did during the first major exodus of this site and only a handful will listen.  I hope I'm wrong but the signs are all pointing at a massive overhaul that is going to leave the majority of members scratching their heads.

Anyone care to wager that sooner or later HP is going to send out offers to select members to become exclusive contributors?

I feel that this is a possibility the way they are slowly deindexing hubs of mine, lol.  I am down to 80 hubs from over 140 I had in total.

2. Len Cannon profile image87
        Len Cannonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The number of visitors doesn't matter. HubPages payments are in line with the traffic levels and the type of ads being displayed. 00 views on Hubpages is about a dollar and that's on the high end Bubblews is grossly disproportionate   300-400 page views almost NEVER equals 3 to 4 dollars.  Plus 50 cents for likes, more for comments, liked comments, etc. it really doesn't add up.

I understand that you are invested one way or another in the success of Bubblews but I really, really suggest you honestly ask yourself where the money is coming from. Is it ads? Startup money that they can't sustain? Fellow posters not getting paid?  Corporate credit running thin?

The very nature of Bubblews makes the ads worth significantly less than HubPages.  The high level of social traffic and the low level of directed traffic means that the ads are worth even LESS than the already meager returns you'd expect from internet ads.

It's very possible I'm wrong and visitors are clicking on ads left and right and remembering the products being pinged, but I doubt it. I've seen a lot of the same low paying adsense ads I've seen everywhere else and nothing to indicate they'd be earning a more than two cents per view.  Maybe they're just run by an eccentric billionaire who loves to give money away to people who hang out on his site!

Bubblews will probably be around for the next decade. Startups usually die hard. But something has to give.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wise advice. I'm experimenting with Bubblews and I gotta say, it all seems TOO easy. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I haven't posted enough there to reach a payout level yet, I am planning to keep truckin' till I do and then see if I actually get any money. I have seen numerous horror stories from people getting screwed over on payments for no apparent reason, which naturally makes me nervous.

If they screw me over, then I'm gonna delete all my stuff, salt the earth and never return.

26. paradigmsearch profile image61

I likewise am still classifying B in the found-money category. Promotion to the reliable-income category is still a ways off. smile

27. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 10 years ago

I'm there and I am done here.

At the end of next month (just want a final payout) I'll be closing my account here.

For those who are staying, remember this word:  Titanic.

1. jondav profile image69
      jondavposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How come? I just got back here (and there) so am enjoying catching up with all the people i read when i first started out.

28. Will Apse profile image87

I bet it felt good to say what you really thought for a change. You could try it on Bubbers...

29. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 10 years ago

Bubblews is a bit like spirituality and having a faith or belief.  It is difficult to justify it by rational argument.(apart from the trivial I made $300 bucks there and $10 here in the same period!).  Some might think its cr*p but most of us from Hubpages LOVE it. 

Its fun.  Its friendly and it is so 'real-time' and spontaneous.  Its also friendly and community building. (and, by the way, we get good cash in return).  What's not to like?  There is an expression 'Don't look the gift horse in the mouth', just enjoy it an take the money! smile

30. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 10 years ago

There is a kind of dissident Hubbers forum now on Bubblews. Check it out:

http: //www.bubblews.com/news/1117542-how-many-hubbers-are-there-on-bubblews

without the space after http:

Another person pushing their stuff on Bubbers. Yawn.

2. Dale Hyde profile image79

Nice!  I dropped by and posted a comment. smile

31. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

I've found a number of people of similar age and with similar interests to me over there. I enjoy reading about their experiences, concerns, joys and other musings. Most of the people I know, who are enjoying the site, not just making money from it, have also tended to focus on connecting with like-minded people. Posts from my "community", might mean nothing to someone else.

However, since "showcasing" is being requested here, I wish to draw attention to this touching and well-written post:
    http://www.bubblews.com/news/1120776-pl … e-tomorrow

32. earner profile image81

The servers do get overloaded quite often.  I posted nearly 1.75 hours ago and 5 minutes later I was getting server errors..... so I can't respond to people or create a new post or anything.  I should have/would have requested another $25 an hour ago if it had been available to me.

Just tried again.  Error 520 this time, but it varies between 502, 520 and others/similar.

33. Alea Din profile image60
    Alea Dinposted 10 years ago

If you do not receive your payment, please go through Bubblews' TOS again. Check it once and check it again. Make sure you're not breaking any laws that Bubblews may not have stated (they don't need to state common sense things).
    Bubblews is a company of integrity and they will pay members who abide by the rules of society.
    If they don't pay you, you can always leave, no-one is forcing you to stay at Bubblews - all I can say, is you're missing out on the revolution that is Bubblews.

Alea Din (Dr Lin)

34. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

I just got my first $25 payment. Only took about 4 days after redeeming.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I received my first $25 payment with no problems, also a few days after redeeming.  I would not move my Hubs - they are too long for Bubblews and quite honestly I still think that HubPages is the perfect model for certain types of writing, especially if you wish to make use of your own decent images along with your writing.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

If I have a long article originally written for HP or Yahoo that did not do well, I break it into segments and submit them individually.  It works great, earns money and gives my articles some readership with only a very small amount of work on my part.

I've had 12 redeems with no problem whatsoever since I first joined.

3. Alea Din profile image60
      Alea Dinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I told you bubblews is legitimate. Follow the rules, and you will be paid promptly.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
        FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bullsh*t. I followed their "rules" to the letter, applied for a redemption nearly 30 days ago and have received squat.

35. Writer Fox profile image32
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

I think someone should make a Hub listing all of the Hubbers on Bubblews. I'm not on that site, but since Will Aspe has taken such a profound interest in it (continually bumping threads about Bubblews and even starting threads about Bubblews), I'm definitely curious. A Hub listing Bubblers could be of great interest to many people here and become a 'master list' which people would continually visit, like the comments section of this famous Hub:

http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/A-P … Chronicals

Willy? Aspe?

Not the most grown up approach.

Randy likes Aspe, too, I note. Whether you can ingratiate yourself with him remains to be seen.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Freudian slip

But how do you rate your chances of ingratiating yourself with Randy? That is the more interesting issue.

Randy Godwin just followed me and left me fan mail.  I followed him back. I guess we're ingratiated now.

The lengths that people will go to annoy me.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
                PaulGoodman67posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ingratiation should be banned (if it isn't already). wink

Did your account get hacked?  These last two posts you made four hours ago – at 4:00 am Florida time – don't show up on your Activity.  According to your Activity, the last forum post you made was eight days ago!

36. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 10 years ago

No clue where else to ask this, but does anyone else have absolutely no luck uploading a picture on Bubblews.  I can't make it happen despite numerous attempts.

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Check your file size. They won't accept pics over 1mb in size.  Shrink your photos size or make it a lower res. and it should work.

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
        wordscribe43posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, it worked.  Evidently I wasn't paying very close attention.

I put photos on every single article with no problem...but, they must be sized properly.  I make my largest pixel 1000 on any photo and generally they appear beautifully.  If your photo is too large, it will not take.

37. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 10 years ago

I still do okay from HP and Squidoo, although it is certainly relative, having lost over 50% of traffic and earnings.  I have been writing at Bubblews too, but the amount I earn is small compared to here, when I compare the the work to earnings ratio.

38. carlarmes profile image67
    carlarmesposted 10 years ago

Great Idea, just don't duplicate the content as Hubpages will not like the copy content on Hubpages and will request that you change it. If you make an article on Hubpages and then copy it to another site, hubpages will find it and will require you to change your Hubpage content to make original.

I don't do hubpages for the click money as i don't get much traffic but it does give me important backlinks to my sales websites.

1. carlarmes profile image67
      carlarmesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just had a look at Bubblews, don't like the layout and I can't stand pink, pink for girls and sky blue for boys. yucklews should be the name. for me to be avoided.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)