Ooh! Is that a new facebook like button on our hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 10 years ago

The Facebook like button suddenly looks different to me. Is it new? I like it, it really seems to stand out more! smile

1. lobobrandon profile image87
      lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It still looks the same to me smile unless you're checking it out after a really long time? Not sure if it changed over the past few months.

2. Anurag2008 profile image93
      Anurag2008posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Facebook replaced the good old "thumbs up" button with a brand new Like button. Here's more info http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/facebo … d=20809010

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

On Editor Choice hubs, I've noticed the layout is wider and everything appears larger.

I read a couple of days ago that FB is changing their like/share buttons.

Oh they do look a bit better. I just compared my editors choice hubs with the normal ones, don't see any difference. The widths etc are the same in my case.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I compared your Green Apples hub to the Tomato plant hub above it, and saw a difference.  The green apples hub is wider and slightly larger on my screen.

Ooh okay smile It's the same size on my screen though. Probably some kind of glitch I guess somewhere

That's interesting.  I wonder if it's browser related.  I've compared quite a few hubbers and see the same thing, their EC hubs are more prominent on the screen.

Oh Chrome here latest version

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
              Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mine seem the same, using Firefox.

I know I'm not crazy. lol.  I'm on the latest version of FF on a Mac, but even before it updated, I noticed the difference between EC/non EC hubs.  I checked two of yours and saw a difference with one of your EC hubs. 

Maybe HP staff will come along and say I'm crazy.. hmm  but I do see a noticeable difference.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I'm sure you are seeing something different, but don't know why. I'm also FF, latest version, on a Mac. I even brought up a  non EC on a separate page and compared side by side with about a dozen different ECs.  (Maybe I'm the crazy one.)

The EC hubs measure 11 inches W.

Non EC hubs measure 8 in. W

Do you see the difference or are they showing the same on your computer?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91

I don't see any difference on mine, either.

3. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I didn't klnow you could see if a hub was an Editor's Choice or not.... did they change that?  It used to be that only the author would know, by seeing the icon when logged in.

I've just checked one of my EC hubs against a non EC hub and they're the same width (firefox).

There are ways to find editors choice hubs, but I'm not gonna say it here now as there would probably be scrapers around. See the difference between the two kinds and you would notice. Look above the fold.

1. earner profile image81
        earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not sure why scrapers would care.... some of my EC hubs don't get any traffic; being an EC/not doesn't make any difference to my traffic.

2. rebekahELLE profile image86

It's no secret that the EC hubs are on the HP domain, just check the url.

Ooh okay... Just browse through the HP categories, all of them are EC hubs. Individual hubs aren't shown on categories anymore.

I'm not sure where you're looking, but there are plenty of non EC hubs listed on the topical category pages.

1. melbel profile image93
            melbelposted 10 years agoin reply to this

None of my hubs are EC. It killed my traffic. sad But it's coming back now.

4. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 10 years ago

EC is the same width as all hubs.

Is there a reason why they are showing larger on my computer?  It's not bothering me at all, just curious why there is definitely a difference between the two on my mac desktop.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)