There are two morons who are editing for HP.

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (192 posts)
  1. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

They are childish and stupid. There did I say it strong enough. I got 1400 word hubs with every addition. Photos, Videos and polls. And they are not featured.
    The obvious conclusion is that two editors have their own agenda on content.
    I have glorious comments and thumbs up on hubs, from those folk with "a" Next to their name and the hub is not featured. I have reworked and republished hubs with suggestions and they still rate below feature.
    All that is bullshit! There are little girls in cubicles saying no to good stuff that is over their heads. HP needs to be more professional.

1. electronician profile image77
      electronicianposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Based on the text in this post,you probably just need to improve your use of English. You can have high quality content, but if there are lots of spelling and grammar mistakes it will get a low QAP score.

Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Is a doctorate and a BS in philosophy and 30 years of writing good enough for you?
        Electronician you drink koolaid.
        There is not one person on this staff who has my knowledge, credentials or experience. And I fully doubt that you do ---- is that harsh enough for you. Your score makes me think that you do not write for others but for money making.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A philosopher should know better than to fall back on "argument from authority".

One who criticizes the philosopher is honor bound to suggest a philosophy of their own.

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image83
            Philanthropy2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1, a philosopher should know better.

Ericdierker, may I ask you where your agape love is in this forum?

It seems more like you are expressing symptoms of an inferiority complex rather than any general desire to promote goodness,

Best regards,

Philanthropy.

2. mgt28 profile image60
          mgt28posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dr. Ericdierker,

Most likely English was not the medium of communication for your BS and PhD. You make spelling and grammatical mistakes that are below your claimed level of learning. When I did English as a foreign language , two spelling mistakes or three grammatical errors were the cut-off for a pass/fail.

Writing, as in creative writing,  does not require a BS let alone a PhD. I enjoyed your writing actually. There is something about someone who cannot figure whether he should use they, there or their, that makes me like them.

Have you ever met a man that openly pisses on correct grammar?

1. profile image0
              sheilamyersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't going to chime in on this, but have decided to scratch the itch. There are many rules a writer can break so that they develop a style and voice of their own. However, grammar and spelling aren't two of them. If you want people to take you seriously as a writer and pass yourself off as a highly intellectual person, then obey those rules. You claim the hubs aren't featured because of "idiots" working for HP. Ask yourself this, would ANY reputable editor at a major magazine or technical journal publish your articles as they're currently written? The answer would be a resounding NO. Is that because those editors are also idiots? Of course Hp isn't a major magazine, but their standards are being raised so that the site can be compared to that. All I can say is that if you don't like playing by the rules, perhaps you should move your writing to another site where there aren't as many rules and regulations.

1. Lauragowens profile image72
                Lauragowensposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As a writer I deeply appreciate and respect your thoughtful, wise and indeed, very true points.

I spent no less than six months looking for a site that insisted on high submission standards. Hub thank God, does. Do I make grammatical and spelling mistakes from time to time? Sure. Who doesn't?  I kick myself and ask people to please email me if they find errors.

I can attest that you DO lose cred and second chances.  I wrote a rather, I won't say scathing but I will say critical point in an article about a feminist author- pundit regarding feminist-mother issues. In a nutshell I said  Gloria Steinem's niece wrote that GS was more sympathetic to the mothers at home, not working, than so and so.  I made a couple possessive mistakes in my piece. Ouch.  Instead of addressing my CONTENT the so and so woman called me out on the mistakes and slammed me as a writer or "whatever you call yourself." Mind you, she that doth protest too much, but she served me notice that grammatical and spelling mistakes stop the reader in their tracks and the flow, cred is lost.  I will say the rest of the piece was error free, I think, so she clearly wanted to discredit me more than she wanted to engage in useful debate which I think is small-minded.

2. HollieT profile image80
              HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, but I've now met a man that openly pisses on his readers, as in, he doesn't care whether they enjoy his work or not, because he's too lazy and egotistical to bother about how they feel.

You're a great writer. Lol!

2. Ericdierker profile image45

electro dude. I just read some of you hubs because you were so critical of me. Sorry dude. I do not come with a manual. I am not a writer that fits in your box.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57
          MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

To be honest Eric, you do make a lot of grammar errors. You also tend to use emoticons in your writing, In addition, you use non-standard conversational language.

All of that is going to hurt your grammar/mechanics scores. Once THAT goes too low it starts pulling your substance scores down as well.

If you take that as a personal attack, I'm sorry. I put it as nicely as I could.

1. profile image0
            Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't help it, don't get mad.

I don't really proof posts Beth. If I'm posting after 9 p.m. I've got a baby asleep on my lap and am typing around him. I'm lucky to hit the keys at all.

1. profile image0

lol. Forum posts don't count anyway.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you receive a message that they have been 'not featured' or are they still in pending? If they are still pending perhaps they are still being rated.

3. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All of mine "were" featured at one time but on the average of 7 to 10 days, one of my hubs goes unfeatured.  This is all good as it gives me food for my blog. smile  I have half the content here that I had a year ago.  That is how many of my hubs became unfeatured.

Since I have not published anything new here since all this started happening, I may well have missed some new things that are going on and any new hub I publish may not be featured.  However at this point I will never find out as I have no intent on placing new material here, lol.

4. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify, are you sure these Hubs are unFeatured for low quality?   Or are they unFeatured for lack of engagement (the half moon symbol)? 

Lack of engagement just means lack of traffic and is assessed by an algorithm, not human intervention.

You have a unique writing style which would fail a lot of the measures used by the Quality Assessment Process.  That doesn't mean it's bad, it's just that your "voice" falls outside the norms.  Unless you decide to start spell checking and grammar checking, that's not going to change - so it's a question of whether you feel that compromises you.   If it does, then you'd be much better off writing somewhere that doesn't assess spelling and grammar.

5. MelissaBarrett profile image57

Likely the staff never read your hubs. They were likely hoppered/mturked.

I will say that 1400 words does not automatically equal substance or good writing. Especially with personal stories and philosophical meanderings. Just saying.

6. The Frog Prince profile image71
      The Frog Princeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are more than two Eric.  Trust me.  The agenda's sometimes get in the way as do the trolls who hit articles. 

TFP

7. profile image0
      Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 10 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Best reply I've seen so far.  smile

8. Electro-Denizen profile image80
      Electro-Denizenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Eric you're on a roll on this forum, hats off to you! Here I was, thinking that we ought to be never using bad language, in both senses of that sentence, that everything ought to be done as properly as possible, and, as conscientious humans in this world, we ought to try and raise the bar all the time...

but what the hell! We're humans...We're not complete if we don't acknowledge all parts of our humanity! That means not being perfect, not having the burden of always trying to be perfect, as well.

1. HollieT profile image80

Yeah, bit of a problem though when point the finger at the people who you believe are at fault and conclude that they may must be girls. Also a bit of a problem if you are unprepared to look at what you have written, objectively, and consider that it might be flawed.

Bit peed off at myself now, had previously decided that I would not engage in this forum because it was only about the OP's ego!

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It also shows a hubber who assumes he is without fault but does not in fact even know how QAP is performed (that is, not by some mythical ignorant female 'editor' in some cubical somewhere, but by his peers and other mturk workers).  So maybe his understanding of the QAP standards need s  a little work too--and that is why the hub failed.

I believe there are lots of problems with QAP, namely that it is not really about quality at all, but I don't believe that the MTurkers are responsible for their brief, they simply follow it. And I don't blame them for that either,

But there you go, some semi-literate fool with an ego the size of the Empire State Building who has received lots of thumbs up from his mutual admiration society, shows his true colours. "Their job", which of course must belong to women if they do not appreciate his incomplete sentences and dull, ego filled bullshit, is to validate his existence.

If I do not respond again, I'm probably banned.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
              Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I will pray for you, Hollie. LOL

1. gmwilliams profile image85
                gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hollie, don't sweat it, let it go, not worth the aggravation.  Do some meditation, take a jasmin bath and put on some Barry White music.

Nice ....

2. IzzyM profile image88
                IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What is the prayer thing all about? Hollie doesn't need prayers, does she?
                Save it for the OP.

Just teasing Hollie bc she mentioned she might be banned.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
              Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1 for mutual admiration society mention.

It appears that I live to fight another day!

1. profile image0

Huzzah!

2. Will Apse profile image88
                  Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you a bit worried to be out here all on your own, Hollie?

Smf in a paternal kind of way.

Will, yet again I have to commend you on your terrible judgement and innate ability to get so many things wrong, so many times. You deserve a trophy of sorts.

And what is smf?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Very well said, psycheskinner. You are spot-on.

9. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

OMGosh ! Talk about 'poo-poo', you, sir, take the cake. Eric, if your ego is hurting because of hubs not featured, PLEASE, allow me to bestow upon you an award for the MOST EGOISTICAL ON THE FORUMS. Congratulations on your hard-earned and well deserved award.

10. Richawriter profile image85
      Richawriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Frankly, I find your language and tone to be childish and not befitting a person in possession of a Doctorate or even a BS.

I won't judge your grammar but I will say that I'll be surprised if you don't at least receive some form of warning for such remarks.

If you have a problem why not just get in touch with HubPages staff instead of airing your dirty laundry in public?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can buy degrees on the Internet.

2. Len Cannon profile image86
    Len Cannonposted 10 years ago

If it was half as good ass your poo poo cancer article, I can't see why it wasn't featured! Maybe these little girls need strong, smart men like you to infantilize them.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just read the poo poo hub. Oh, my! lol

1. JG11Bravo profile image72
        JG11Bravoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Quite.

2. Ericdierker profile image45

Sorry but both of you are liars or my hub stats are liars. You did not read them. No one has recently spent enough time to read those.
      Although I see the humor I do not see truth.

1. Len Cannon profile image86
        Len Cannonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I literally clicked on it! Maybe you do not understand how HubPages works! I like your continued misogyny by the way! Keep it up.

So my stats are lying??? You did not click on my page long enough to read it. Len, these things called metrics are hard to manipulate. Maybe you are a master. But otherwise you are lying. My pages do not show your visit. What does that mean?

1. Len Cannon profile image86
            Len Cannonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm loathe to explain a system he doesn't like to a know-it-all, but HubPage stats do not update immediately. If you are using Google Analytics, you are not using them properly because it measures even page views of 1 second or shorter. Since you are a professional, a doctor, and a writer for a living I trust you to analyze the situation and come to the correct conclusion.

Also I noticed a shocking amount of profanity and the fact that you failed to mention you weren't a medical doctor until about half way through a supposedly professional article which promises a doctor's advice in the title which is a major ethical as well as stylistic no-no for someone who write professionally!

Maybe instead of ranting about Miley Cyrus and the women (not girls, by the way) who've wronged you, you could learn how HubPages works before spewing hot garbage on the forums.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are not referring to me as one of the both. When the stats update, the visits will appear.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Why do you not allow us to read the Hubs which have been unfeatured?

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Uh-oh... I'm working on a new stellar (this time) hub as we speak. If that happens to me again, it will probably be my last new hub here.

Publish here first. If the two girls say yes you have a winner. If you like hip hop and Miley Cyrus.

1. Nimesh De Silva profile image65
        Nimesh De Silvaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What does hip hop and Miley Cyrus got to do with the type of content one writes?

4. SpaceShanty profile image94
    SpaceShantyposted 10 years ago

It could be not featured due to a time delay, check it again in a few days.  Or it could be due to lack of engagement, a lack of views, try promoting it a bit more, other places you write, Fackbook/twitter etc.

5. SagaSphere profile image64
    SagaSphereposted 10 years ago

Get a grip guy.

6. JG11Bravo profile image72
    JG11Bravoposted 10 years ago

And yet here you are, writing for them and with us.  I'd think a BS and 30 years experience would amount to more than massacring the English language all over a content site that requires no more credentials than a valid e-mail account.

If you despise this site, it's editors, and it's member so much, I'm sure someone with so very much to contribute would have no trouble acquiring a more lucrative venue to write in.

Why would I post this if I despise. Get a grip. Just because I am critical does not mean there is something wrong with me. It is input like mine that makes the sites you write on better.

So long as you're not the one being critiqued, I assume. A user politely suggests that your grammar may be an issue, and you respond with a personal attack.

If drinking Koolaid is a personal attack, that is. I really don't know. I don't see what's so bad about Koolaid. Its cheap, kids love it, doesn't taste bad at all. Perhaps it was a racist remark? I really have no idea.

1. profile image0

It's a phrase ppl use when they are implying someone is buying into the lies. It refers to the cult leader Jim Jones, I think, who killed all of his followers by having them drink poisoned kool aid.

Well that's just not nice. It's not Koolaid's fault Jim Jones chose it. Someone must stand up on the behalf of innocent beverages, and it looks like it'll have to be me.

1. profile image0

Coke's got a bit of a bad rap by way of the street drug... you might have to defend that now too.

It's an American classic! I adore Coke, and those polar bears from the ads, both of which have brought joy to millions.  What's wrong with people?

1. profile image0

I'm sorry.

Nothing to be sorry for. You've just brought a terrible injustice to light.

7. kschang profile image88
    kschangposted 10 years ago

Frankly, you're taking this with way more ego than it deserves.

Kshang is all truth just a matter of ego? So be it for you.

I speak known truth here. What do you speak?

8. PoeticPhilosophy profile image78
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years ago

Lol, don't worry Eric, you're being attacked by a "poisonous-clique". They pat eachother on the back for trolling others.

"Good-job on the troll-job it was fun to watch".

They get a dig out of making people ticked off then self-indulge in secretly calling them names, hmm.. Makes them feel confident I guess since it's their lame approach to life, hehe.

There is already post on it and they are the laughing stalk of so many now.. Hahaha, adults calling eachother a group-name and then cheering about their illusionary troll battles. Cute.

Thank you. I think we should give respect and learn. But you put me back in my chair and made me think more clearly. That is a good friend.

1. tsadjatko profile image65
        tsadjatkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A doctorate and a BS in philosophy? That is not an easy task, although wouldn't you have to have a BS or BA in philosophy in order to get a PhD in Philosophy. Few career areas require a doctorate degree. Areas where state licensing is required may require the doctorate degree for the highest paid positions and for positions in government facilities but what kind of position does a doctorate in philosophy qualify one for? What college did you get your BS and PhD from - was it the same for both? I have children in college and am just curious about potential futures for them.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
          Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

After reading one of his hubs, I am pretty sure he typed that wrong, and that he meant he had a PhD in BS, not 'and'.

I laughed entirely too hard at this.

9. Michael M Griffin profile image59
    Michael M Griffinposted 10 years ago

Ericdierker, I've got hubs with WAY less words and images, yet they are still featured. I checked out a few of your hubs.
    No offense, man...but your grammar is atrocious. You always write in fragments, you never write in complete sentences, you capitalize the wrong words, and your writing just seems unprofessional. You have to work on your writing skills if you want your hubs to be featured. Just try to improve a few of your hubs to see if it makes a difference. I guarantee it will.

1. profile image0

Please don't look at my hubs.

Too late.  tongue

1. profile image0

I meant him. I think I would find it a bit embarrassing to have my efforts pulled apart. Melissa is a professional. There are reasons I don't often ask her and a few other pros to critique my work. lol

That's understandable. I don't want anyone picking me apart either. The extra attention I'm suddenly getting is driving me nuts.

1. profile image0

Why are you getting extra attention?

The Rising Star thingy. Got nominated.

1. profile image0

Oh good for you, I didn't know. Yeah, I remember your hubs being very impressive.

Thanks. I doubt Ill win but at least I got the initial nod.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57

I've read quite a few of your hubs. They're fine. smile

1. tsadjatko profile image65
                tsadjatkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OK Mellissa but what does Michael M Griffin think of them? Informed hubbers want to know.

Agreed, in all seriousness

2. uNicQue profile image69
      uNicQueposted 10 years ago

I find it incredibly offensive that you are assuming the editors are girls, and that they are interested in Miley Cyrus and hip hop. If you are feeling that your writing is under appreciated, then maybe this is simply not the network for you to be writing for. The fact that they are not featuring them does not mean you are not a quality writer with quality ideas. It just may not be the type if thoughts/expression that the editors approve of, or like others have said, simply approve your grammar and sentence structure. Make it more readable so your ideas are better presented. That does not give you the right to insult others. Also, your writing should speak for itself without you qualifying it with your degrees.

1. Heather Says profile image95
        Heather Saysposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So well said!  I don't think I've ever even seen any Hubs about Miley Cyrus or Hip Hop.

3. profile image0
      cjaroszposted 10 years ago

As it goes. You asked for advice, but yet you fight all efforts for help. I do not get that. You may have experience, and the works. That still does not mean that you know everything about everything. There is nothing wrong with getting critiqued.

Even though, you have a lot of words, and pictures. That doesn't mean its featured material. I have had plenty that I have had to fix, even though they meet the criteria. Substance gets you more than jabbering. This I have learned.

4. Thief12 profile image91
      Thief12posted 10 years ago

I guess Eric ran out of Agape love.

Wonderfully said my friend.

1. Nimesh De Silva profile image65
          Nimesh De Silvaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have a very unique writing style. Short sentences each connected with the other. Maybe editors found this unappealing or they did not fully understand it's your writing style?

5. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

We cannot please all people and for sure they are just insecure.

1. sallybea profile image94
        sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The simple answer test would be to cut and past the content of all your Hubs into Word and let the program decide whether there are any spelling or grammatical errors in the text.  I love short sentences.  I don't have a problem with that - I just wish you guys and girls would just be kind to each other!!!.

To sallybea:
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8516582.jpg

How special is that!  - my very own bear Hug - that is so lovely. now I can go rest my weary eyes.  Thanks gmwilliams

All of us need a hug, enriches the spirit and elevates the soul.

You are so right gm -- HUGS to all.  Group hug ....

6. nArchuleta profile image75
      nArchuletaposted 10 years ago

RATS! I fell for it. In total curiosity, I visited Dr. Whats-his-bucket's profile. I even clicked on an article with "poo" in the title. Shame, shame on me for falling for this provocateur's tactics at gaining clicks.

Otherwise, Dr. Whatever, I do hope your posts and articles are satire. Methinks I'd prefer dining on  roasted baby to heeding the majority of your "advice."

While roasted baby IS delicious and surprisingly high in Vitamin B, I'll forgo. Babies go right to my hips.

1. mgt28 profile image60
          mgt28posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think the man of books got what he set to get, traffic!

I don't think so. Most people who have been here more than a few months could not care less about traffic from other hubbers. It's one of those things you pick up pretty quickly. Most of us wouldn't bother typing a sentence in the forum for the sake of traffic.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Well maybe.  But I often notice quick a pick up in views whenever I post in the forums.  Sometimes as many as one person has visited a page after one of my amusing anecdotes.

Of course I am only an amateur in BS rather than a professional.

1. Will Apse profile image88

You are far too modest.

1. profile image0

You have become Mark's ATM. (smh)

I blame Mark.

'Of course I am only an amateur in BS rather than a professional.'

What other response is possible but the one that I made?

Smb in a provocative manner.

1. profile image0

Society for Mathematical Biology?

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
                    A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Still tossing out personal insults whenever you get the opportunity, eh Beth?

Double standard behavior reeling its ugly head again. You never learn.

1. profile image0

Were you feeling left out? You can come play any time you want, just be nice.

2. sallybea profile image94

I confess - I fell for it, stupid Newby - I cut and pasted his profile description into a Spell and Grammar Checker just to see what it thought of it ..........

7. bikesbikesbikes profile image77
      bikesbikesbikesposted 10 years ago

Yikes! Just skimmed a few. I think I know what the inside of his mind must feel like... I feel itchy.

8. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Eric is a stern test of the liberal spirit.

9. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

Dear OP,

I don't want to read your hubs as you come across as being an idiot.

Just settle down, learn correct English and write, or go somewhere else.

You are not worth my time.

Signed,

Fellow Hubber who is ashamed.

My mother always told me I should never throw stones!   Come on girls and boys - be nice to one another.

10. Will Apse profile image88

No beer for three weeks for me! It is a sort of experiment. See if it does me any good or just leads to terminal boredom.

Anyway, I don't imagine anyone can rescue this thread from absurdity now. So I am off.

Smpp triumphantly!

1. profile image0

Pretty sure you made that one up.

11. Anna Haven profile image72
      Anna Havenposted 10 years ago

I don't usually get involved in forums but I seen this.
      To call people names is not a constructive, structured argument to rectify 'wronged' hubs in any universe. 
      To refuse to accept that we are all have our off days and we can't always get it right is blinkered.
      Sadly to assume that the decision making was by stupid little females is alienating and insulting to half our world.
      Gender has no impact on individual capability or indeed our ability to accept constructive criticism and grow from it.

1. profile image0

I love you Brits.

1. Anna Haven profile image72
          Anna Havenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Beth
          That's nice.  I think wink   I'm Scottish though ..... smile
          It wasn't the question of quality that pulled me into this one.  I have no comments to make on anyone's spelling or grammar; it takes me enough time to sort out my own!
          It was the wording of the posting, the name calling and the sweeping generalisation that the flaws would naturally be of female origin.

1. profile image0

Im writing a book with a few scots in it now... Can't tell you about it. Very hush-hush. It's got an irishman too... Colin Ferril if you must know. Im really enjoying being in my own head right now.

Yes, it wasn't a nice post. I don't know if it was strategic or just emotional, but it seems so very long ago, I can't really remember my impressions anymore. lol

12. Will Apse profile image88

In my family, there was always a certain amount of teasing. It wasn't ferocious but it was there. The little verbal booby traps. The asides that could trip up the unwary. The outright untruths and misdirection (fetch a left handed hammer, etc).

Whoever lost their temper, lost the game.

I think it will always be difficult for you in a forum, ATM because you cannot step over or around any perceived slight to get to the greater prize of winning an argument. Also you are terribly short of Christian forgiveness.

Please be aware of the little barb at the end of what I just said. Can you rise above it?

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Oh look, Will is attempting to justify tossing out personal insults on a public forum and is blaming me for not forgiving them for tossing out personal insults on a public forum.

1. profile image0

How do you make a little heart on HPs?

Why don't you learn how to behave, instead?

1. profile image0

Then I shall follow your example... lead on my blue friend.

Shall I also take pot shots at your picture, Beth?

1. profile image0

So "blue" is a pot shot? I thought I noticed a bluish hue, but maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me... and no thank you, my self esteem is one pot shot away from the need for prozac.

Oh really, so only YOU are allowed to insult others. Gotcha.

1. profile image0

Sush... you really do try much too hard.

There will always be a little rough and tumble on a public forum. This is one of the most sedate and restrained forums I have ever encountered. If you cannot keep cool here you will never keep cool anywhere.

Sorry Will, but your justification for tossing out personal insults does not fly here, read the rules.

I know that forums can suck you in and can be very upsetting but it is worth trying to work towards a point that you cannot be needled and cannot be worked by others.

I am not even trying to upset you here but you are upset anyway. Try to ask yourself why it happens. Or take a break from the forums for a while. Or participate without engaging with anyone who has upset you in the past.

Just try some kind of change for the sake of your peace of mind.

My last comment on the issue.

Sorry Will, trying to justify tossing out personal insults only shows a very low level of maturity and responsibility. You really need to grow up.

13. shampa sadhya profile image76
      shampa sadhyaposted 10 years ago

I am happy that like me some writers have stopped posting a new article here. I did not unpublish my unfeatured hubs yet but actually it is ridiculous when HP unfeatures a hub because of traffic. It is not in the hands of the writers to bring in traffic. Quality should relate to the accuracy of the language and the subject on which a writer must write should not be decided by the readers. Well, the writers know that less traffic means less money but does it mean that we are supposed to write on all the common subjects. The whole judging procedure has become a farce. Hope HP will give it a thought.

14. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years ago
    15. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

Is there nothing left in the world that can be reasonably discussed without that discussion degenerating into a festival of absurdity and childish, petty bickering?  It isn't even amusing anymore; it's just sad.

1. profile image0

One should avoid it whenever possible.

Then, stop insulting others.

1. profile image0

One of my favorite songs. Im sending it to you. smile
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LWpw3CMCEg

1. profile image0

I guess it's the thought that counts.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Sorry Mo, but as long as folks like Beth and Will continue to insult people, they will always bring this place down to a level of kindergarten school ground childishness.

16. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

I'm getting lost in here.  Is this thread about morons who are editing or morons who are commenting?

1. profile image0

A little from column A... a little from column B. lol

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

I love it -- great comment, Writer Fox. I am losing track of it all, too.

1. profile image0

I think Eric was mad, some ppl insulted him, and now he's over it so we've all moved on.

Do you have a tight business suit Phyllis?

1. profile image0

lol. I knew I meant nothing to you.

17. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I want attention too.  You're all morons.

No. Only joking.  But seriously.

Po-faced crap about grammar.  Jesus.  Wake up people - it's the interweb.

Next - endless, endless round and round - FFS get some sort of life or a new routine.

Forums on rare occasions can give answers to sensible questions.

That's all from me.  Got some Bubbling to do.

1. profile image0

Mark, although I follow Will around like a puppy dog, I hope you know I still sit in your tree every Tues and Fri, weather permitting.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Beth that's lovely and one day I will write another hub.  But my comment was purely to attract some new followers and earn two cents.

1. profile image0

hahaha

2. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
            Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So, you throw in your two cents to make two cents? Breaking even is better than losing!! Smart man!

2. profile image0
        Alice Ann Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I love yr comments Mark.  Especially your brutal honesty!!

1. profile image0

You can share my Mark-stalker tree on Sat. and Sun. but stay away from Will... He's my main crush, although his wife is probably one of those clingy types that would, most likely, in a distinguished manner, disembowel me with her bare hands.

My wife might just do a deal if she thought someone would take me off her hands for the wandering the streets in pajamas years.

Sigh.

1. profile image0

lol. How could she live without that sharp wit? Im sure she's very content to keep you around a few more years.

You are kind as always, Beth, but you know what it's like after the first decade. You stop noticing the sharp wit and start noticing the sharp elbows.

And while my wife is full of grace, I am more like one of those stones you get in your sandals on a bad day.

1. profile image0

Some women enjoy the mildly annoying things of life.

1. LeanMan profile image79
                    LeanManposted 10 years agoin reply to this

mildly annoying? Like us men!!

Glad someone still appreciates us... maybe we still have a place in society after all......

You realize that you are talking to a cartoon?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Beth37
                    I think that image looks more like you. LOL

18. Will Apse profile image88

Well, I enjoyed it.

19. Will Apse profile image88

lol. You could just pretend, you know. Pretend is good for me...

1. profile image0

I just had to defend myself for having, at one time, done that very thing... pretending. Sometimes your imagination isn't your friend.

20. Will Apse profile image88

I have been reprimanded by Minnie Mouse!

Gonna eat my breakfast in a huff.

1. profile image0

Who me? I wasn't reprimanding you. I was afraid what I said didn't make much since... course I was in a bit of a huff at the moment myself. lol
        Why am I minnie mouse?

21. Will Apse profile image88

Ate breakfast. Can't remember anything that happened before the toast (normal enough).

I deny the huff and for the sake of all concerned I will never mention tight business suits ever again.

1. profile image0

If it makes you happy, I do wear them, but just to do the laundry and dishes.

And would that laundry contain any items of a silky nature?

1. profile image0

Yes, I am harvesting silk worms. I like to keep them clean.

22. Will Apse profile image88

Would they be slender, lissome silkworms?

23. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years ago

You woke up in a mood didn't ya?

24. Will Apse profile image88

lol. I told you: red hair and glasses. You have a new stalker.

1. profile image0

Well if I'd have known that I would have put up my real life "red haired/glasses" pic a long time ago. You do realize this is a cartoon you're looking at though?

25. Will Apse profile image88

All I know is that today the sun shone in my heart.

http://static.freepik.com/free-photo/sunrise-cartoon-02---vector_15-13149.jpg

1. profile image0

Well that's how you make me feel everyday... with your dark and biting sarcasm. Of course, I have issues, but still, receive the compliment with my deepest respect.

26. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

What an interesting and active participation.  I just loved it all. This makes HP a vibrant community. Still I must say some hubbers use harsh language. Dears, please spread the message of love and knowledge here. Knowledge is power. But love is the most powerful expression!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)