Best Debater on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (60 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Just for general knowledge I would like to know your perspective of who the best debater on hubpages is?

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark Knowles and Mohitmisra.

2. BILL MAHER profile image59
      BILL MAHERposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Maybe they can put forward their own cases, and then debate on who is the best debater.

It would be a massive debate.

We seem to have quite a mass debating team here at HubPages.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd say Paraglider, Inspirepub, Mark Knowles, and Londongirl could mix it with just about anyone in a debate.

Especially in the religious forums!
      Many of the denizens are amazing mass debaters.

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bah!  Religion forums get tooo much traffic. They shouldn't even count!

I wanna recognize, before the topic is changed again, wink, (like it happens in the religion forums allll the time, lol), RK Henry, Ledefensetech, Ralph Deeds, Sufidreamer, and Pam Grundy...among others, some of which are no longer active...for the Political area.  An area which really counts...lol!  smile

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think politics should count. There are too many unknown agendas in politics. It's hard to argue facts in politics when politicians don't know facts on most occasions.

I think it should be a topic that a thug to a lawyer has knowledge on to be a fair debate.

1. curiozities profile image61
            curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MOST?!?!?!  Try never!  LOL!

You are a right wing extremist terrorist! lol

And you are a commie-pinko fascist supercalifragilisticexpialodocious extremist, nyah nyah! smile

Touche!! I have no clue what you said!!! Imagine that, I am debating weed! I have no clue what touche means either!!! You win lol

I have no clue what I said either.  But then again, to get back to my main point, neither do the vast majority of politicians!  And from the way most of them act, they're probably SMOKING that weed you've been wanting to debate about, LOL!

2. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eric- Besides those awesome debaters. You forgot to include Sufidreamer. He could even relate to that Mr. Mohammedmm guy. smile

3. marinealways24 profile image59

We seem to have quite a mass debating team here at HubPages

This is the truest statement I have ever read on hubpages! lol

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Someone come up with a topic, and I'll debate it.  I have about 5 years of LD training.  I prefer to pick the least popular side of the issue and drive it home.  This requires logic, of any sort.  I should have guessed it was Marinealways24 that came up with this.

lol

Ok, the topic. How about the mind of an animal compared to the mind of a human? Compare and Contrast.

2. LondonGirl profile image81
          LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A debating motion here in the UK is something like, "This House Belives that Capital Punishment is Wrong", or, a debating title from just before the Second World War at Oxford University, "This House would not Fight for King and Country". Then you have proposition and opposition in relation to the motion.

Lol sounds like you have more knowledge on setting up a debate. If you don't mind.......

1. LondonGirl profile image81

Debating is great fun, I did quite a bit and school and university. I went to a debating competition at Yale, too, once.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image76
                Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sound like my middle son LG ,he used to drive me crazy lol
                he loved debating everything...lol ( must be a Uni thing)

But I do appreciate your skills in debate ,specially when you stay focused and attack the topic and not the person.

I appreciate P.Grundy and Teresa for the same reasons.

4. marinealways24 profile image59

Should weed be legalized?

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'd say Mark Knowles, hands down.

6. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Amazing how within the first few posts this thread has already morphed from a question about who is the best debater on hub pages, into deciding on topics to have a debate.

This place never ceases to amaze me!

lol we need visible proof!

7. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Resolved: "The animal response is more affective than the human response."
    Now we need a pro and con.

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

No disrespect to the incredibly skilled debaters already listed, but my vote has to go to tksensei:-). MM

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Respect to you! smile

2. profile image0

OMG MM... I forgot to mention you...

But the other...unmentionable, please...say it isn't so!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He doesn't debate, he contradicts...

9. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

No, Marine...I'm just recognizing these good debaters, that's all.  Politics will always be a specialized area only some enjoy, wink.

10. marinealways24 profile image59

I would like to debate weed. I think it should be legalized!

1. profile image0

That's a political debate, Marine.  Wanna debate it with tksensei, wink?

I want to debate with anyone who doesn't think it should be legalized. Why shouldn't it be legal?

1. profile image0

Why, indeed?  You'll have to find an opposing viewpoint.

lol Does this mean you are on my end of the debate?

1. profile image0

Of course.  The facts are on our side.

lol without a doubt.

11. marinealways24 profile image59

Someone, anyone, everyone, why is weed illegal? It is illegal isn't it? One of you has to agree with it being illegal!

12. marinealways24 profile image59

If Noah would have smoked bud instead of getting drunk in the bible, would weed be legal and alcohol be illegal?

1. profile image0

Ask that question in the religion forum, wink.  You'll be sure to get some answers.

Lol, Outstanding Idea!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we go!!!

13. marinealways24 profile image59

Alright, I don't want to get in a political debate. Let me back up. Politicians do not snort coke or kiss ass.

14. The Shark profile image61
    The Sharkposted 14 years ago

Weed legal?? are you kidding. In MA we're just hoping they keep
    cigaretts legal. There is a bill pending to ban smoking out doors. Outdoors!! What does that leave your house? Then they'll say, well if you have children your house is off limits too. And you expect them to make weed legal?

The Shark---trying to find a place to smoke my cigar

15. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

Who is ready to start a debate on legalizing marijuana?  Come on Marine with your inside tactics,  ummm did I tell you that I.....

dori

16. senderm1ggins profile image59
    senderm1gginsposted 14 years ago

I say Enderw1ggins is the best debater in history. He's way super cute too and humble. Way humble as a matter of fact i would say he is the most humblest in the entire universe.
    His arguments are perfect, his hair is perfect. I love that guy!

1. enderw1ggins profile image59
      enderw1gginsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much sender. I would like to thank the Academy for this awesome honor, my fans for sticking with me..oh and mom...See I AM a somebody!

17. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

lol lol

18. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I very much enjoy:
    Mark Knowles
    Sandra Rinck
    Lita Sorensen
    Earnesthub

Very smart, straight shooters.

19. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Oops, I forgot Inspirepub.  Good lord, I love that woman.

20. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I am the best.

21. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

My whole family is like that (-:

22. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Probably one of the reasons you are a barrister smile

ohhh that makes even more sense ,although my son just dropped law, now into the sciences..so we all get a break..hehe smile

2. LondonGirl profile image81

I'm surrounded by them. My OH is, my Dad is, my brother just finished bar school.....

approach the bench young lady lol

23. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

We don't ever approach the bench here, it's all much more low key. Where in an American courtroom a lawyer would leap to his feet and yell, "OBJECTION yah Honour!", I would half-rise to my feet, and do a combined throat-clearing / mutter "My Lord?" or "Your Honour?" as appropriate

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As long as outcome is the same, it is just regional differences smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)