Strange enough an article with 1496 words is unfeatured

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (33 posts)
  1. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

Sometimes i dont understand the way HP works- An article with all qualities of stellar hub- 8 pics, poll, 1496 words when i have met all the goals required is unfeatured, and this is not the first time, it keeps happening. Where am i wrong? What am I missing?

1. AMAZING THINKER profile image62
      AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Make it a little cleaner!

2. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Is it unfeatured due to quality or due to engagement. A hub can be unfeatured because it doesn't get engagement from the readers.

younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just wrote that hub and published, so it is not due to engagement

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Post the link in the "Improving your Hub" section, then we might be able to give you more specific advice.

4. Marie Flint profile image72
      Marie Flintposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Young Hopes, I briefly looked at your hub titles at your profile, and it seems you have some nice hubs to me. You mentioned that your hubs get an unfeatured status due to quality and that "this keeps happening."

What did you do to eventually get them featured? What are you doing differently? Focus on that.

Without further review of your hubs, I can only suggest that you unpublish the article in question, make one or two changes (they don't have to be big), and then publish the article again to see what happens.

Whatever you do, don't  get discouraged and don't give up writing. We learn from our experiences. --Blessings!

2. Claire Roach profile image48
    Claire Roachposted 10 years ago

Could be the way the article is written, is the grammar and spelling all correct?

Thankfully the grammar and spelling all are ok, this happened earlier too and all i that was added one more text module to it, then it was featured, perhaps i need to do it now as well, but if i have already written a hub of more than1000 words, i dont think i should write more.

3. profile image87
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 10 years ago

I recently had my 99th hub not featured due to quality (my first) and I believe it was due to incorrect photo attribution. All I did to get it published was change the attribution of the photos and add a poll.

I have already added the poll and photos are well attributed but still...

4. rohanfelix profile image80
    rohanfelixposted 10 years ago

I suggest using the article on a site other than hubpages... It could become big there for all you know...

Yeah you are right, i need to do that, but since i am concentrating only on hubpages right now, it seems tough to do, but perhaps in future i would be doing so, thanks for the idea

5. relache profile image74
    relacheposted 10 years ago

Is there a particular symbol next to the Hub that would give a better indication of why it was unfeatured?  Hubs can be unfeatured for quality or for engagement.  Knowing which would allow people to offer more practical advice for the situation.

It is unfeatured due to quality

1. lovebuglena profile image85

Maybe it is unfeatured because of the topic you write about. What is your hub about?

2. relache profile image74
        relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Rundown the hub against all the points raised on his page,

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … y-of-a-Hub

And my two cents is to not worry about the person saying to stick to just one or two topics.  I have 200 (featured) Hubs and my topics range all over the place.  However, I do feel that writing about things that you really do know and which are drawn from things you really do in your day-to-day life is key towards developing the best content.

6. Aneegma profile image72
    Aneegmaposted 10 years ago

I've had a look at your hubs and there's one thing that I've noticed.. you're all over the place. Today you're writing about health, tomorrow about Christmas, then about, hair, then this and that.  One thing HP doesn't like is a "know it all Jane" and that's one reason your hubs aren't featured.  Stick to one or two topics, that way people know you're an expert in these fields. Your hubs show that you don't have much knowledge or experience in what you're writing about as it shows you've just researched and reworded your hubs but you're not engaging your audience. It's like your a robot and there's no emotions connected to your writing.

Also you have an extremely low use of high converting keywords and most of your topics are not what people are searching and looking for. Too many writers here think the more hubs you write, the more money you make, which is totally false.  I have less than 10 hubs but all my hubs are featured and every month (for the last seven months) I get paid and I have an average of 3,000 hits daily on just one of my hubs.

People here complain daily of not having featured hubs or traffic and its simply because you are writing stuff people are not interested in, or you're writing on topics that have no unique content. People want fresh, new ideas, new solutions, new new new.

And HP only features hubs that will get high conversions, high reader participation and highly searched. HP will not feature a hub that will cost them more than they will earn in revenues from ads.  I'm a SEO expert  so I kinda know what people are looking for that's why I write only one hub a year because that hub will get me more views and makes me more money than if I write 100 hubs with no traffic or engagement.

Hope this helps.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely untrue.  One of the beauties of HubPages is that you're not restricted to writing on a single topic, as you are on your own blog or website.

The QAP Assessors assess each Hub on its own merits, and do not take into consideration what else that Hubber has written.

I agree Marisa, since HP is not a blog so i dont restrict myself to writing just one topic and if i look at the stats of my hubs, i am always happy because they are being searched, most importantly they are being pinned, Thanks for telling me about QAP Assessors which i wasnt knowing

2. Hamshi profile image66
        Hamshiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1 to what Marisa said.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Marisa and Relache - a good (experienced and competent) writer can research and write original pieces on a huge variety of topics. Hubs that simply talk about a subject without backing things up factually won't make the quality cut (or shouldn't make it, at least.

@ the OP - make certain your spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization are consistent with good English usage.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That would be 90,000 views in one month.  I wonder why HP didn't give you the 100K view accolade yet?

1. Claire Roach profile image48
        Claire Roachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha I was thinking the same wink

2. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

Aneegma's newest hub is reported to be 6 weeks old. 6 weeks = 42 days, 42 x 3000 = 126,000 hits.

Thus, the 100,000 views accolade would have been earned more than a week ago just by views on this hub alone.

3. Hamshi profile image66
        Hamshiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

LMAO I wonder the same thing WF!

1. WriteAngled profile image74

LOL!

Funny that this person doesn't hide the accolades that give away the sorry truth....

3. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

1. QAP doesn't know or care what keywords convert.
      2. QAP doesn't know or care what other topics she has written on.

4. lovebuglena profile image85

I write on many different topics and all of my hubs are featured. So it's not true to say that a person has two write on only a few topics... By doing that you are actually limiting the reader base.

5. WriteAngled profile image74

All of my hubs are on completely different topics and all are featured. I also have a number of Editor's Choice hubs as well.

At your reported level of hits per day, I would expect your hubber score to be 100...

7. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Well, I can see the 100,000 views accolade.

Am I the only one who bothered to look?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm seeing the 10K accolade.  Go clean your glasses.

Meanwhile, I need to brush up on my higher math.  One hub a year. Been on the site 18 months. Has around seven hubs.  There must be an algebraic formula I'm missing there.

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. chasmac profile image89
          chasmacposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. Will Apse profile image88

Yes, I acknowledged that above. I also deleted that screenshot a few minutes after I posted it. So I am not sure how you managed to find it.

It would save a lot of confusion if you deleted it. But it is up to you, of course.

2. Will Apse profile image88

Oh sorry, I thought the pack was attacking younghopes. But it was attacking someone else.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)