Why is demonic activity worse after a failed exorcism or bad things happen after

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (377 posts)
  1. Claire Evans profile image62
    Claire Evansposted 10 years ago

I've found in my personal life that when I get my house blessed bad things seem to happen that makes things almost unbearable.  It's a common motif on programs on hauntings.  Why?

1. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Clearly your wasting your time with superstitions. Expecting only good things after an exorcism is a waste of time and that waste of time is evident by things continuing along at there marry or unmark way.

Claire Evansposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify, the exorcism part I mentioned had nothing to do with my experience.  It had to do with a blessing on the house. 

No one expects to have a good life after an exorcism.

2. janesix profile image58
      janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Claire, you're "demons" are in your own mind. Once you accept that, then you can work on facing them in a real way. I can tell you are waking up, you just need to realize now that it's all about what's inside that is causing the problems. I have seen demons. They aren't real. Roll your eyes and tell them to get lost. At least try it.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Replace the word demons with gods and it would be relevant to you. smile

2. profile image0

That janesix, was excellent advice. It's bad enough to have to cope with the perception of demons, but when others are taking advantage of that perception it's down right wrong.

What are you doing in the angels and demons section in the forums?

1. profile image0

Trying to help you.

LOL! Oh please, do I look stupid?

1. profile image0
                riddle666posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You don't look, but your arguments do!

3. Claire Evans profile image62

You've seen demons but they aren't real?

1. janesix profile image58

Yes. They are a projection of your own mind. My own mind. I haven't seen one sinse I told them to GTFO and stopped believing they were real.

Are you an agnostic, atheist or what?

I believe in God. I believe in Jesus as a spiritual entity that never walked in human form. Thus I am not a real Christian. I have a mix of mainly Hindu and Christian beliefs.

I have met Shakti, Jesus,and God,and they are all real to me.

So how can you believe in God but not demons? Couldn't one argue that Jesus is just in your head?

Because when I tell God to GTFO, he doesn'tsmile

Claire, it is possible it is all in my head. I can't argue with that.

But God has proven himself to me time and time again. There is no way my mind could have manufactured a few of the things that he's shown me.

I have no reason technically to believe that Jesus is real. That is purely faith.

Most definitely, there are ways your mind manufactured those things, just like you tend to manufacture fabrications on these very forums.

2. getitrite profile image72
                    getitriteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  You are a mirror reflection of what you are trying to get Claire to grasp about herself.  Yet you are too convinced of your own delusion to see the reflection.  Human psychology is truly perplexing.

God cannot prove anything to you unless you know Satan.  How can you appreciate His goodness if you don't know Satan's evil?

What is the point of Jesus if He didn't come in the flesh?

3. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not saying this is what is happening, Claire, and right off the bat I'd like to clarify that I'm not religious, but there is a metaphysical law that applies to what you're experiencing.

Did you ever see the movie, "Field of Dreams?" In it - the man dreams of his father saying, "if you build it - they will come." "They" were the spirits of long-dead baseball players and the "it" he was to build was a baseball diamond in a cornfield. Once he built it - the ghosts of the players came and played.

What that movie demonstrated was the law of attraction. Anything you focus on - especially things that you defend against - you bring into your experience.

When you have your house blessed against unwanted entities or influence, the defense you create attracts the very thing you want to avoid.

Perhaps, instead of focusing on "stopping demons at the door," you could focus on the warm, light and loving presence of Jesus surrounding you and surrounding your home, while giving no possible attention (or thought) to the influences  you want to avoid.

Like attracts like so when you're feeling scared, tentative or nervous about evil, you're creating an inroad for evil to enter. It doesn't matter if the evil is real - or just your perception of evil - either way, "if you build it - they will come."

I did not have my house blessed in order to avoid evil spirits.  It was to officially make Jesus the head of my house. 

The one way to avoid Satan trying to destroy is to abandon one's faith in Jesus.  Jesus was tormented by Satan in the wilderness and right up to the end.  Was this karma? Did He do something wrong?

4. profile image0
      MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Claire, I once heard (I cannot quote specifics or give reference) that if you cleanse your home/space of the negative that it must be replaced with positive and if it isn't then the negative will come back even stronger. I want to say this was affiliated with some Native American beliefs but again, I cannot be sure. I just thought to mention this possibility as something you could look into for explanation or insight or at the very least, something to consider if you feel it could have relevance. Blessings to you.

In my case, it wasn't to cleanse it of negativity per se but to officially make Jesus the head of my household.

5. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It appears that you believe their are two forces at play outside yourself. One evil and one good. It also seems that you believe the evil force is much stronger than the good. Although these forces are not outside yourself, your strongest belief, however subconscious it may be, will reign.

This could be why bad things appear to happen after.

Good is stronger than evil no matter how made evil is.   Jesus wrestled with the devil also.  Did He attract bad karma then?

6. aliasis profile image75
      aliasisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you actually believe in demons, fairies and Santa, I'm afraid... you're going to need more than exorcism. lol

1. getitrite profile image72

I have seen this same behavior in my family member, who insists that our dead relatives have talked to him, and that he has gone to heaven, and that he has been abducted by UFOs, and that he has psychic powers....But the more I try to point out how silly his assertions are, the more he digs in, eventually getting mad enough to want to cause me harm.  This is a serious condition.  Very sad.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
          gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is SAD.  So called demonic possession is just a mental aberration, a mental illness. Why is THIS THREAD still existing?   If NONE of us respond to this thread, it will DIE........

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
            Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Now this is really sad. And yes you heard it right at 14 minutes in "Sexually transmitted demons"

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/Fringes/teena … ull-length

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
              Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dude, she told me she was clean, but I went home and found that I had Baphomet crawling all over my schlong the next morning! This is a serious issue!

Point well taken.

2. Claire Evans profile image62

You need to wake-up.  Why shouldn't demons exist?

Why shouldn't leprechauns exist?
          Why shouldn't goblins exist?
          Why shouldn't minotaurs exist?
          Why shouldn't chimerae exist?
          Why shouldn't dragons exist?

And so on and so forth.

1. aliasis profile image75

How dare you! My tool shed is haunted by leprechauns. No, I haven't seen them personally, but I ~feel~ them and their rainbowy evil! You have to wake up and realize NO ONE'S gold is safe. I hired a drunk Irishmen to scream at them, but I think it's only attracted more.

Of course, that's the least of my problems. Don't get me started on the griffins...

1. JMcFarland profile image69
              JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

This is the best post I've seen all day.

But seriously:  Don't be daft.  Hiring a drunk Irishman is OBVIOUSLY going to make the leprechaun infestation worse.  You have to give the LEPRECHAUNS the whiskey.  Then they'll throw the gold at you, and their rainbowy evil will be curtailed.

1. gmwilliams profile image85

This thread is giving ME ideas regarding writing hubs regarding the concepts of darkness in the human consciousness and one about a demonic succubus dream.  Boy, this thread is giving me millions of ideas regarding writing the horror fiction with a Halloween theme!
                http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8371363_f248.jpg
                http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8370028_f248.jpg
                http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8345798_f248.jpg

What MORE food for ideas could I ask for?  This is SOOO RICH. Demonic entities, night terrors, BRING it on!

2. aliasis profile image75

But... give away the whiskey? sad you ask too much!

now to figure out how to get the drunk Irish guy outta my shed. is there a magic biblical spell for that, too?

No. ... but there is a mythical recipe to make a women you think is unfaithful have a miscarriage so you can prove her guilt so that you can stone her to death.  Yipee.

See numbers 5.

2. profile image0

"drunk Irishmen"

That's like saying "tall basketball player"

or "wet rainy day"

Careful what you say.

Or you'll find yourself being haunted by Irishmen.

I am Irish, and he's haunted by me chatting at him all of the time.

You must be a prophet.

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha ha. Your voice is but another voice telling me what to do.

2. aliasis profile image75

Demons got nothing on the Irish!

Perhaps they do exist? I don't know.  I know goblins have been seen in my country.  They are called Tkoloshe.  Ancient Aliens really explains why the ancients believed in dragons, etc. 

The point I'm trying to make is just because you can't conceive of something to be true does not make it untrue.

For you if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Ta8zdNxw0

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Because God, loving us and caring a great deal for us, would never allow a creature dedicated to harming us to exist.

Satan was always around just like God.  And it is people that allows him to exist with the free will God gave.  Without Jesus we'd always be bound to sin and therefore keeping Satan alive.  That is why He died for us.  He liberated us from that sin.  It is only with Jesus that Satan is destroyed.  It doesn't seem so now but in the dimension that Jesus it is, he is already destroyed.  Revelation has already happened.  It just hasn't manifested itself in our dimension yet.

1. wilderness profile image95

That would be incorrect.  God is omnipotent, with the ability to destroy Satan.  Satan hurts us.  God loves us and does not want us hurt.  Putting it together, there is no Satan (or demons); such creatures exist only in our imagination.

God has destroyed Satan but it just hasn't manifested in our dimension yet.  Revelation attests to that.  God destroyed Satan once our free will was taken away and the people know longer could exercise free will.  It is only with Jesus that Satan could be destroyed.  He, too, is a powerful being. 

Are you speaking hypothetically when you say God loves us? You can't believe in God and not Satan. It's not to your advantage not to believe in Satan.  It's like a country going to war not knowing what weapons and tactics they have and have no strategy or intelligence.  Sitting ducks in other words.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

Oh, but mental disorders are becoming better understood all the time, they are indeed true as can be observed throughout this thread and many institutions in which those disorders are treated.

Yes, we have woken up to understanding those disorders, we no longer burn people at the stake for such things.

Don't throw the baby out of the bath water.  It is a fact that what was once mistaken as possession really turned out to be epilepsy or Tourette syndrome.  It doesn't mean that demons don't exist altogether.

4. aliasis profile image75

Because.... reality.

You mean your reality.

1. wilderness profile image95

There is only one reality.  You have have a different perception of reality, populating it with imagined demons, devils, angels and gods, but there is still only one reality.

And that one reality must be one void of demons? How naive are you?  Who's to say there isn't another reality in a parallel universe or in other dimension?

2. gmwilliams profile image85

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000 succinct, OOOOUUUUUCCCCH, so right!

3. getitrite profile image72

Fairies and Santa, yes.  But Demons are real.  Why?  Because God is real, and He mentioned Demons in His best-seller called the Holy Bible.  And you know if it's in the Bible....it must be TRUE!    Somebody better get a priest---Pronto!                       

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k154/kidcadillac2006/smiley.jpg

The bible also talks about dragons, behemoths, unicorns, griffins, leviathans ... and of course gods, spirits, magic and other supernatural fun. Not to mention all the weird mythology that did not actually happen. I mean, it's about as authentic to reality as Grimm's Fairy Tales. lol I'd rather believe in fairies.

what...you don't believe in faeries?  They live in my attic.

I would never blaspheme like that! every time you say a fairy doesn't exist, a fairy murders you. my faith is strong and pure.

Finally, someone who understands.  Fairy murder is on the rise.  I've had to put tiny little padlocks on all of my windows.  I think they ride my cat at night.

Well, it certainly explains why my cats howl and run around chasing what only looks like nothing!

2. gmwilliams profile image85

+1.000,000,000,000,000, there is NOTHING like this thread to make one so fecund with ideas to write horror fiction hubs.   Hmmmmm, now WHAT shall I WRITE ABOUT................the demoniac, the haunted room with the incubus, vampiric themes, the list is so endless...........................yum, yum, yum, welcome to THE DARK SIDE...............the DARK SIDE is waiting.........waiting for us..............YOU are THE DARK SIDE..................I am THE DARK SIDE..................THE DARK SIDE is............US 
          http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8371363_f248.jpg
          http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8370019_f248.jpg
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8369897_f248.jpg
          YES, it so DDDDDAAAARRRK....................sssssssssssssss, he he he he he.............
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8289978_f248.jpg
          HELP, HELP, it so daark, where AM I?  Please, GET me OUT of here, PLLLLEEEASE, help me.......
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8292742_f248.jpg
          YOU'RE with US now, YOU'RE NOW one of US....................
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8378337_f248.jpg
          YESSSSS,welcome to the world of...........DARKNESS, midnight ALL YEAR 'round..................a GUEST wants to join US.............
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8305685_f248.jpg

Claire Evansposted 10 years ago

To finish the title, "...or bad things happen after a blessing."

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 10 years ago

Please elaborate. What led you to believe your house was the victim of a demonic presence and what bad things happened after you had your house blessed?

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to hear about this, too.

No, my house didn't become demonically possessed but it doesn't have to be for Satan to try and make your life miserable. 

I'd probably get laughed at for this but things happened to my cats.  I was discussing to my mom in the car about the holy water that was poured on one of the trees on my property when I opened the garage door and the cat's head got stuck between that and a beam.  She defecated everywhere and was in terrible distressed.  She was saved but I was extremely traumatized. 

My other cat drank some of the holy water out of the bowl.  She is now missing and I'm utterly devastated.  I just felt things are too much since the blessing and I almost regret having it.    A few years back I suffered from night terrors and got my uncle priest to bless my room.  They stopped for a week then came back worse than before.  I was suicidal but fortunately my psychiatrist helped me with medication that broke the cycle of fear which make things worse.

I too suffer from night terrors and sleep paralysis.  These types of sleep disorders have other underlying psychological origins.  I have seen many apparitions, I have been grabbed while lying in my bed.  I have had "demons" share the same bed with me....spooning....while I'm completely PARALYZED AND AWAKE.

I have gotten out of my bed and fought with "demons" and on some occasions have been seriously injured. I have gone to bed and awaken the next morning on the floor...in the kitchen.

Since I live in an age of vast information, and understand that superstitions are childish and foolish, I choose to see what science can conclude about these disorders.  And even if science cannot provide all the answers, at this time, there is never a need for me to default to mere folklore.

Have you gotten help?

I think it's interesting that people who have lived in haunted houses also have night terrors.

1. profile image0

I think it's interesting that people who have night terrors think they live in haunted houses.

Only the deluded ones. smile
              Night terrors are the result of mental disorders, such as PTSD.  When one understands and accepts this as reality, then there is no reason to believe in silly childish ancient folklore, which is another mental illness altogether.

I have never lived in a haunted house but was plagued with night terrors for many years.

1. profile image0

It is the otherway round. He didn't say people who live in haunted hose night terrors but people with night terrors think they live in haunted houses. If yo do not think, it's good for you, but you say it in another way - satan haunts you!!

Satan will try and make those people who love Jesus' life a living misery.  It has gotten to the stage where I have to pray a lot.  That is what Jesus had to go through.

1. profile image0

Just like people with night terrors say they live in a haunted house. You got something bad in your life, lo and behold satan is the cause.
                    And don't forget, hyper religiosity is a sign of sickness!

Somewhat.  The Veterans Hospital has seen me a few times, but I don't think they understand the severity of the problem.  I'm looking elsewhere at this time.

I really don't see ANY reason to believe in ghost.  That kind of thinking is not based, at all, in modern reality, but is derived from ancient folklore, by our misinformed and unlearned ancestors.

Night terrors can ruin a person's life.  It nearly did mine.  I found that a heavy sedative broke a cycle of fear and they went away. 

There is a evidence of ghosts if you investigate the paranormal.  However, "logic people" will not see that as evidence mainly because they don't want to.   Something extremely disturbing happened to me, my mother and another stranger.  As humans we tend to look for the most logical explanation.  There comes a time when there just isn't any logic in things that happen to people.

1. profile image0

That is a lie.
                Events occur in our life, only the explanation is logical not events. An accident occurs, the only question is how(may be the driver slept or earthquake occured), why is pointless as there is none controlling it.

Precisely!  It is Medical Science....and not superstition, that will eventually provide solutions to the disorder.  Thanks for understanding that.

That is not true.  Logical people who want to see evidence still can't see any.  I have wanted to explain away my affliction by invoking the supernatural and superstition, but, still, there is absolutely no evidence to support such claims....no matter how much I WANTED there to be.

There comes a time when one must conclude that he just doesn't know what is the cause of certain things.  There is never a time when one has to embrace superstition and folklore as the answer to anything.

That is not true.  Have you interviewed all "logical" persons out there?  I think you are not recognizing the evidence of the supernatural.  How did you go about invoking the supernatural?

When I see things materialize out of the thin air then I can't help attributing that to the supernatural.  And, no, it wasn't a magic show.

You obviously have your own definition of the term "logical"

CONJECTURE:     n.  judgment based on inconclusive or incomplete evidence; guesswork.

It appears that you might be confusing conjecture with evidence. 

I am a former Christian, and while a Christian I did what Christians do.  There was never anything revealed to me, except abject nonsense, so from a scientific perspective, religion has been proven to be completely illogical and contradicts reality.

I can see no benefit in applying Medieval and Bronze age solutions to postmodern issues.   It seems that you are actually trying to undermine the obvious, known, scientific studies, in lieu of ancient folklore.   In my opinion, this is nothing more than wishful thinking, prompted by our indoctrination....nothing more.   

In an altered state, the mind can "create" many things that seem to materialize right before our eyes, and that has been proven by science.  No need for believing in the supernatural, when we have scientific proof that the mind is the manufacturer of all these illusions:
                    http://youtu.be/qWMn4rggYn8

That's based upon your own definition of "magic"
                    There is still no proof, WHATSOEVER, of the supernatural, hence, no sensible reason, WHATSOEVER, to entertain any serious belief in it.

There are several sleep disorders that can complicate life.  I have experienced sleep paralysis, night terrors, and apnea.  I think fear is the underlying cause.  Once I learned how to manage the fear, the severity of the attacks were reduced, profoundly.  I wrote two hubs about two different experiences. 

I think believing in superstitions just makes the experiences more frightening, and probably even hinders relief from the afflictions.

Yes, fear and stress is the cause but Satan feeds on fear.  Can you give me an example of a night terror you have had?

Right, fear and stress, which are demonstrable.....but Satan appears to be nothing more than ancient folklore, and has no relevance in the diagnosis and treatment of serious sleep disorders.  It does a person no good to keep believing in such primitive and fraudulent concepts.

As I said, I wrote two hubs, detailing my experiences with these disorders.  One hub is about an Incubus Nightmare.

2. profile image0
          Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Refresh my memory.. Were you pentecostal before you became atheist?

I was Pentecostal.  Yes.

1. profile image0

I thought I remembered correctly that you were what I like to call a "demon chaser".

"Demon chaser" or as I prefer...uncivilized.

1. profile image0

lol

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

I thought Pentecostals called themselves God chasers. A term they used to distinguish themselves from lesser Christians.

1. profile image0

The ones at the church I used to attend did. They believed they were God chasers and closer because They could see and destroy demons. what made it even funnier is that they spoke in tongues while they did it such as:

retymybotie (re tie my bow tie)

sematietymytie (see my tie, tie my tie)

And my personal favorite... E-G-E-L-L-O-C (College spelled backwards)

I knew a guy who apparently had demons trembling before him as he threatened to cast them into the abyss in Jesus name.

Your tongues made me smile, it's so familiar.

2. profile image0

Smoke and mirrors can and do impress the gullible.

Why would you dream about demons?

That's simple.  The idea has been planted in my head from youth, through fairy tales, television, and people like you, who have insisted on having personal experiences with demons.  Hence...I have dreamed of Leprechauns as well...and just like in the case of Leprechauns, there is no evidence to suggest that demons exist in reality either.  It's all psychological.

1. profile image0

The beauty of pentecostal indoctrination

Yep, totally absorbed in a medieval world of demons and dragons, etc.  For us, The Twilight Zone and The Wizard Oz were real.  And that's no joke.

1. profile image0

Went to a couple of those churches myself.. Didn't stay long

Do these night terrors interrupt your daily life?

For a period, last year, I always dreaded bedtime, because I knew there was a good possibility that I would have a bad dream.  I couldn't sleep in my bed for a couple of weeks, and when I finally did go back to sleeping in my bed, I was attacked in my sleep....the first night, so then I went back to sleeping on the sofa, in the living room, for about another week or so.

I only have occasional episodes at this time, that are not as intense--which is good.  I don't know if it will stay this way though.

I feel for you.  When my night terrors were at its worse I dreaded seeing the sun go down.  I haven't had a night terror in a long time.  Sometimes I find that I put the light on in my sleep.  I do that when I sense something bad.   I can say, however, they are a thing of the past. 

I think you should see a doctor to get a heavy tranquilizer if you feel you can't take anymore.  It helped with me.  The more fear builds up the more powerful the night terror and heavy sedation breaks that cycle of fear.

I hope things come right for you.

Thank you.  Only people who have experienced these dreams know just how traumatizing and distressing they are to the psyche and body. 
                    Best wishes to you as well.

4. HelgaJAcobs profile image60
    HelgaJAcobsposted 10 years ago

Hi, with some knowledge in this field. The reason why you experience it more afterwards is that "That demons don't want to lose their grip on you" so to speak. Now they must try harder to get you where you were before an exorcism. In the bible it is mentioned that if a demon is exercised he will go get more powerful demons and they will come back with a vengeance.

If you have some more detail about it I can elaborate further...

I've elaborated to Emile.

5. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

Don't you people ever watch exorcism movies? It never gets better.

Just shoot 'em in the head before they unleash gory hell in your living room, cut your losses, and move on with your life.

1. HelgaJAcobs profile image60
      HelgaJAcobsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol.. If you could only shoot them for real. Good one though.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol. yeah but wouldn't that end up landing you in jail though?  I mean it'll be hard to convince a jury and  that old judge that you shot a person because they were possessed. i guess you can make a case that you were shooting them in self defense. big_smile  lol

6. Peggasuse profile image82
    Peggasuseposted 10 years ago

I have to agree with Helga.  Demons get angry and irritated when they feel that you're trying to get rid of them.  If they're strong, you'll need more than a house blessing.  You may have to call in an exorcist to help you get rid of the evil things.  There usually are organization all over the country that investigate house hauntings.  You might want to do a search online, for one of these groups.  I've heard that they can be very helpful and many times, have access to an exorcist...

I didn't have a blessing to drive demons out.  It was done to formally make Christ the head of my household.  Exorcisms are a different story.  They actually demonically possess a house or person.

7. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

Well you have a couple options.

Put a ring of salt around your house as apparently demons are scared shitless of sodium chloride.

Or you could pay for an exorcist who will laugh all the way to the bank.

Or you could just grab a beer and put your feet up in front of the telly and choose to live your life based upon evidence rather than superstition.

Hmm.. isn't that exactly where it comes from. The telly, after you've grabbed a beer and your feet is up. Superstition is one thing, I do agree some people can go on about something that is really out of this world. Then again... Demons are out of this world.. Oh no they're from another world.. onto this world. .. Huh, you say?. Well seeing that the Bible shares many parables about Jesus and Demons, I do not think it is so much more than superstition.

@Dissapearinghead
      So you don't believe in things you can't see? Just curios...

1. profile image0

There is no need to believe in things that are undetectable. Demons are undetectable. There are some who will take advantage of a persons gullibility. Demons are undetectable superstitions, I'm with disappearinghead. Grab a beer with the money you saved from not being gullible, put your feet up and relax.

Well Rad Man, depends I guess on who is trying to detect them. It's like detecting coins on the beach using a hair dryer, that's not plugged in. Not gonna work I tell ya. To detect those creatures we call demons.. you have to be 'plugged in' to begin with. Then use the right detector. Plugged into your Faith, which ultimately means God. Then you're detector would be the Holy Spirit.

Same question to you Rad Man: "Don't you believe in anything you can't see?" and I'm really just curious...

1. profile image0

I believe in many things I can't see, air, microwaves, atoms, gravity...

All of these things are detectable. Demons are not. Claiming you can detect them is a great way of taking advantage of the gullible.

Do you take advantage of the gullible?

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Sorry, is that a joke? Plugged into your faith? The Holy Spirit is a detector?

You're talking about things that have never been shown to exist under any circumstances. You can't plug yourself into something that doesn't exist in the first place to detect something else that has never been shown to exist.

1. profile image0

You and I and perhaps even Helga knows that, but the gullible don't.

Yeah, people with epilepsy and other seizure disorders were once thought too bee possessed.  Turns our they had a medical condition.  Shouldn't the "holy spirit demon detector" have known better?  You'd think an all knowing, all powerful being would recognize the difference between possession and medical illness

That was due to a lack of knowledge.  How can you blame one for thinking an epileptic was possessed in the middle ages? They convulse the same way.  We now know it is not demonic possession.  I know with the Vatican that possible scientific reasons or psychologically reason have to be ruled out before they grant an exorcism. 

Here's for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk

1. profile image0

Of holy spirit demon detector? Of jesus?  Of God?

You mean demons are undetectable to you?

1. profile image0

No, they are undetectable to anything or anyone because they don't exist.

So you have investigated everyone's claims about demons since humans existed? Wow.

"We" have not, but most certainly many claims have been investigated and they have found that those who make those claims usually have mental disorders.

Yes, it is true some have mental disorders but not ALL.  Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.  Anyway, tell me what mental disorder this poor girl has?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk

Now I'm not a medical doctor, but I would guess that this poor girl had something in the spectrum of bi-polar disorder. Now if she had some knowledge of the New Testament, perhaps she (not having a proper medical diagnosis) assumed that she was demon possessed as an explanation of the "voices in her head" or however her medical condition manifested itself to her. No doubt the religious around her reinforced her beliefs. After a while she becomes so entrenched in her belief she is demon possessed that she manifests what her subconscious believes a demon possession should look like. This further reinforces the beliefs of the religious observers, and we end up with a downward spiral.

However watching some obviously mentally disturbed person thrash about, barking like a chicken and saying "I suck Satan's toes", is no evidence of demon possession or the existence of demons.

"Anneliese Michel - 21 September 1952 – 1 July 1976 was a German Catholic woman who was said to be possessed by demons, underwent an exorcism and died in 1976. An investigation revealed that she died from emaciation and her parents and the priests responsible were charged with negligence.

The parents and the two priests were charged, and the court case attracted much media and public attention. It has been called a misidentification of a mental illness, negligence, abuse and religious hysteria."

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

As I alluded to, choose to live your live based upon evidence. There simply is no evidence for the existence of demons.

8. janesix profile image58
    janesixposted 10 years ago

Claire, have you read anything by Gary Osborn? If you haven't i highly recommentd his website.

9. janesix profile image58

When did you start noticing the strangeness in the world, like the symbolism of the Olympic games? I bet it happened suddenly for you, didn't it?

I've known about the strangeness of the world for a long time.

Demons do exist. No one is so blind to the truth as the one wishing not to believe.

Question: "If you cut a tree down in the middle of a forest, does it make a noise/sound when it falls? If a tree falls in the middle of the forest but you are not there to experience it, does it still make a sound when it falls?"

To make a  choice not to believe in something doesn't mean that it isn't there. If you make a choice to follow Jesus, then do it according to what the bible teaches you. And the Bible teaches you about Demons. If you don't want to believe this, then it is your choice.

@Claire, have you ever read the book by  Dr. Rebecca Brown, "He came to set the captives free" If you haven't rather read that book then make up your mind if you want to believe in demons, Satan, Jesus and everything connected. Jesus and all His angels exist right? If Jesus exist, Satan and his angels does too. Ying and Yang. Doesn't exist otherwise. Nowhere...

Read that book then all your questions will be answered. Promise!

Yes, of course it makes a sound, regardless of who is or isn't there to hear it.

People don't not wish to believe in demons, they understand that those who do often have mental disorders and are unable to differentiate their fantasies from reality.

The same could be said about anything one can conjure from their imaginations.

1. auspicious12day profile image59
            auspicious12dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The mind is a powerful thing. I think some people who cross the threshold from reality to dreamtime can bring some of this into their own reality, this tempered with beliefs can cause fears that are usually dealt with in dreams to be brought into their reality.  There is a shadow side to us that we hide from ourselves because to face it is somewhat frightening. In otherwords, our demons could be another part of us that has not been acknowledged?

Then show us some irrefutable evidence that demons exist.  While you're at it, show us the evidence of your invisible resurrected savior, Jesus.  Oh...you can't do that...can you?  It appears that it is not the non-believer who is blind after all.  How utterly illogical.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
            LeslieAdrienneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hello Getitrite,
            Jesus Loves You......

Sadly it seems that you have NO evidence.  OK...there goes your credibility.  Right out the window.
              So sorry.

Have a nice day.

Jesus still loves you.....smile

1. profile image0

Zeus still loves you.............smile
                  Don't be beguiled by fatherless Marxistic charlatans.

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Thanks Helga... Rebecca Brown's books are great. smile

4. Claire Evans profile image62

Thanks, Helga.  I'll look up that book.

10. janesix profile image58

'... Satan, Jesus and everything connected. Jesus and all His angels exist right? If Jesus exist, Satan and his angels does too. Ying and Yang. Doesn't exist otherwise. Nowhere...'

That isn't logical. Why would demons and Satan HAVE TO exist if Jesus does?

Because, in Christian mythology, Satan (and his legion of angels) are the progenitors of sin. And if there is no sin, Jesus died for nothing.

By denying belief in that, you're not only going against one of the basic, pivotal cruxes of your belief system, but you're also claiming your God is impotent and had his Son!Aspect killed solely for his amusement.

Not MY belief system.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Mine either....

3. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some clarification. I don't think anyone considers Satan to be the progenitor of sin. He, I would think, represents temptation. Not one in the same. Plus, even if he were the progenitor of sin it wouldn't imply that Jesus died for nothing.

And, you can't tell someone they are going against a pivotal crux of their belief system if you don't know what their particular belief system is. There are many, many, many, many, many different takes on Christianity. You can't force someone into a belief they don't hold, simply for the sake of convenience.

11. squeak2012 profile image60
    squeak2012posted 10 years ago

talking in tongues is what happens wen god sends down his gift of the holy ghost to that person, when they speakin in unknown tongues that's their ghost speaking to god ,its not for you to no wats bein said unless you have more understanding gifts.word of advice please don't ever mock or dought the holy ghost ,I get to see it in works all time. talk to god and ask for understanding he will give it to you, and for exorcism if you come to our church the preacher all ready knows if the devils around or in you,and he will most of the time all depending how much faith and will power to want to be clensed .devils don't stay long round us cause we no where they at !

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who speaks in tongues in a group of people are, according to the Bible, supposed to interpret their words,  or else someone else is supposed to "translate" their words so that the other people can understand what's being said.
      That's most of the time.   I do understand that there are times when people have a form of "prayer language" that's just between them and God,  but for the purposes of a group setting,  there should be an interpreter.   Why?   Because the Bible says there should be.
      What happened when the Holy Spirit fell upon the disciples was that they all spoke in tongues!   They were all of one accord.    But when they spoke in tongues in "church" etc.  where there were people of other Nationalities there,  or people who didn't understand for some reason, then an interpretation is required.   AND that language (speaking in tongues) was simply processed as another earthly language!    For instance, if one of the Apostles spoke in "tongues",  and a person from another Nation/language was there,  that person heard what the Apostle said in their own native language!    Speaking in "tongues" isn't what a lot of people think it is!   It was a supernatural thing that happened so that the message of the Lord would reach the ears of anyone who heard it so that they would hear it in their own language.

So, yes, it IS for "him to know"!    It is specifically FOR "outsiders" to know what is said!   It isn't that a person has to have more understanding!  It's that a person who doesn't have the understanding is the one/ones who ARE meant to hear the interpretation!   It is for their benefit,  not for the one who speaks in tongues.

I will find the Scriptures that back that up,  if you question it.
      But indeed........I might assume you've already read them?...........

2. profile image0

I am very aware of what speaking in tongues is and what it signifies biblically and in the church. I have witnessed the speaking of real and actual tongues (along with translations). What I was referring to in my statement is that there were some in that church that was speaking in false tongues such as the ones I listed above.  It was the smoke and mirrors that I was seeing in this particular church that led me to join a different church

Just a question for you, Deepes...  Do you still profess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

1. profile image0

Yes I am still very much a christian that professes Christ as my savior

12. squeak2012 profile image60

I not say that. devils is very real! .seen them but I never give devils no credit to nothing .they have hundreds of forms .they are every evil spirit you can think of out their.they walk this earth just like the bible says

You are ooo right Squeak2012, so right!

13. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 10 years ago

Demonic activity increases after a "house blessing" or exorcism because you have not been taught how to effectively fight and resist Satan and his demons for yourself.

"When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none.Then he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. "Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation." Matthew 12:43:45

The eternal power over the denomic is through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other name given among men under heaven through which they may be saved. Without the power of God through Jesus Christ, men are just "playing" with the demonic.

"Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.Luke 10:19

If you haven't received Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, now is the time to do so. Just tell Him you need Him personally and ask Him to come into your heart. He will save you, guide you, comfort you and teach you.....

God Bless you.....

1. squeak2012 profile image60
      squeak2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I thank you back .and if understanding is not with you all you have to do is ask with a loving heart god will lead you to understanding that lots of people don't take to heart .lord is allways  my victory .I pray we all can get closer every day.i believe its his will .cause if the bible was so simple. you could read it once and know all bout it.every time I read I learn something every time and apply it to life. we all are still sippin on milk when it comes to the bible.just like babies. till we can understand all

Amen Squeak2012, Amen! smile

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Leslie.
          I second your AMEN!  smile

2. Ceegen profile image67
      Ceegenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hah, I was going to post those exact bible passages. Very good, LeslieAdrienne.

It's all true! The power and authority in the name of Jesus Christ sends evil spirits running. Sage and holy water or anointing oil doesn't do anything. Only a person firm in their convictions of belief, who has also confessed and repented of their sins, is safe from spiritual attacks.

This will not stop evil spirits from getting other humans to try and harm a believer physically, mentally or emotionally (etc.); because when we tell Satan and his fallen angels to go away, they send evil people in their place.

1. profile image0

That's utter nonsense and completely fictitious. You know that right?

1. Ceegen profile image67

It's okay, Jesus loves you too.

1. profile image0

Looks like Zeus loves you!!
            It is better to be loved by a god who created humans than loved by an illegitimate son who was hanged!!

You wouldn't say those things about Messiah if you knew the truth. Worship of anything other than Yahweh results in being deceived, because the truth is indeed stranger than fiction. Zeus is a false god, a fallen angel, a deceiving spirit.

1. profile image0

You wouldn't say those things about Zeus if you knew the truth. Worship of anything other than Zeus results in being deceived, because the truth is indeed stranger than fiction. Yahweh is a false god, a fallen angel, a deceiving spirit

If there is such thing as spiritual truths, there can be only one spiritual truth and all else is false. Just as with religion, not every scientific theory can be correct at the same time. Each theory has its own set of rules and conditions under which the theory is either true, or false.

Example - The cyclic universe model is not compatible with a static-infinite universe model, and neither one is compatible with a finite and expanding universe model. Two of these models in this example are wrong, and only one is right.

The same is true with spiritual truth, and if the bible is true as I believe it to be, then all else is false including "zeus".

1. profile image0

If there are spiritual truths(whatever that is) why there can be only one/ How does that becomess contradictory?

That is where we use ration and logic and evidence, so is there any?
                    But bible is not true, it is riddled with contradictions and falsehoods. And it is only a book written by humans, how can that be "spiritual truth"? And what is your assurance that it is not Yahweh that is not false? Zeus, Allah, Vishnu, Imhotep...... anyone among them can be true.

Evil people = Psychiatrists?

Pffft, obviously.

When you are ready, you should join reality.  Then you will see just how profoundly psychotic your statement sounds.  SMH.

1. profile image0

Something that might come out of a child's mouth after watching Harry Potter. Coming from an adult?

Religious brainwashing is truly evil....making otherwise sensible adults say the silliest and most whimsical nonsense. Comical and truly disturbing.

What's psychotic about believing any of that? Explain, please.

1. profile image0

Delusion is what make it psychotic.

Care to elaborate, or what? Because honestly, I think your screen name is ridiculously ironic to come here and tell me that I am delusional and psychotic.

1. profile image0

Delusion is when an adult believe that imaginary things are real.  I didn't say you are delusional, I was telling you why he said believing that was psychotic.
                Screen name?  That is to help the foolish Christians get away when they have no rational or logical arguments, by accusing me as from their imaginary villain.

What imaginary things? Absence of proof isn't proof of absence. I have very real experiences which I base my thoughts on, and to you might mean nothing, but I'm comfortable with you thinking I'm delusional and psychotic. Jesus Christ changed my life, and my beliefs are non-violent ones. If being non violent and loving everyone unconditionally is psychotic, then I don't know what to tell you.

You're not a villain, just a deceived soul who believes that it all means nothing. But Satan, who is deceiving you, would have it no other way. Those who reject God for lack of evidence, aren't seeking evidence in the first place. You just want a magic genie that grants wishes, when that isn't how it works at all. You'd rather have all the rewards and none of the work.

1. profile image0

No but being illogical and irrational "prove" non-existence.

Confirmation bias.
                    No, but believing that imaginary beings exist do.
                    Why didn't you then accept Allah or Vishnu but chose just to go with the religion of your parents/teachers/community? By believing the priests without analysing what they said you are the one who is deceived, deceived by the hope of eternal life. Don't you want the magic genie that take away your 'fear' of death and grant you your 'hope' of eternal life? Those who knew well played their cards right and here they have a blind follower.

Seek profession help from a good psychiatrist and he will explain that in great detail.

So every theist should go see a psychiatrist?

LOL.

Just the ones who really, really, really need them.

Don't get me wrong here, I am seriously concerned for your well being when I recommend you seek professional help.

You can start by not encouraging "psychotic" behaviour by not coming to these type of forums like angels and demons.   

Don't insult my intelligence.  You are not concerned.  You are just trying to convince yourself you are right by questioning my psychotic brain.

Sorry but you can't change the truth by doing that.

No, we are acknowledging your psychosis and asking you to seek professional help in order to alleviate the psychosis with treatment. Is that not what you want?

Why should I? Honestly? Give me one good reason. Because I think you're the one who is delusional and in denial of the spiritual.

Can you prove the spiritual or give any demonstrable evidence that your assertions are factual?  If not, we are right to deny them until they can be proven.

I'm proof. Jesus Christ changed me from a wretched creature into something better, and the transformation isn't yet complete.

1. profile image0

Correction... The concept of Jesus may have changed you. You have no evidence of any Gods, just the concept and perhaps your fear of not getting into heaven has made you a better person. Most people don't need that fear to be good people, but for those who do...

2. JMcFarland profile image69

So how do we know that anything you say is true?  You could be lying or making it all up.

How do you know that Jesus is responsible for your personal experiences and not some other god?  Did he give you identification, or is it nothing more than confirmation bias?  You choose to attribute these experiences, supernatural or not, to a god of your choosing without any evidence at all that what you believe is actually true.  I don't take strangers words as evidence or truth.  You are going to have to try again with actual evidence - not incidental stories that may or may not be true, but can't be duplicated or proven one way or another.

I can make up stories, too - do you just believe everything people tell you?

I don't need to provide reasons, psychiatrists already have good reasons based on facts and evidence.

You're the troubled man, not I. Go see your psychiatrist immediately, and tell him or her how mean all of us Christians are and how we hurt your feelings.

lol <--- my hurt feelings

OK:      Psychosis is the inability to tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of delusional disorder is the presence of delusions -- unshakable beliefs in something untrue.

Then I suppose you have proof of the spirit world....where Jesus and evil spirits dwell.  If you don't then you are not being honest....and that dishonesty is due to a psychotic delusion, established through indoctrination. 

Again, do you have any irrefutable proof of any of this fantastic whimsical science fiction?   And if you do have proof, you would be the first person ever.  So is this psychotic....or do you have proof?  You can call the shot yourself by simply providing proof.

This is the type of primitive thinking that is not of this era, and anyone who still believes in such outdated ignorance has decided to give in to the fear planted by long dead ignorant earlier humans, and their outrageous and childish folklore....as if they MAGICALLY knew something beyond what modern man does.

Your comments are just regurgitated, useless deceptions, formed by your indoctrination, and have no basis in reality, but only primitive superstitions and folklore.   
            Your thinking is not based in reality, therefore it must be delusional....tantamount to believing in ANY fairytale.  Take your pick.

4. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Wow Ceegan....
        Looks like you are being attacked by the self-righteous atheists. Oh, what ever shall we do????  Sounds like you hit a nerve when you said "evil people". But, tell me, why would anyone get upset about that phrase unless it was perceived as personal?

You never called names, you didn't allude to any group of people...all you said was that Satan sends evil people... why would that gender strife? Especially since it is true.... big_smile

You define disagreement as an attack?  Really?

Dear J,
            I appreciate how you have asked your question. There is not one hint of 2nd or 3rd degree anger. There is no name calling, no suggestion that the notion of an "attack" is nonsense, childish, whimsical or in need of mental care.

You may feel these things internally, but you phrased your question in a manner that would suggest that a disagreement with you would not turn into a "bash the Believer" session.

I saw none of that in the comments made to Ceegan, So, in answer to your question I say no, I do not define disagreement as an attack, I define an attack as an attack. big_smile

You cannot attack an idea or a belief.  It has no feelings and cannot be offended.  Neither should all ideas be respected or deferred to  some ideas and beliefs are ridiculous, and I'm sure you'd agree..  No one attacked the person.  Only his statement, belief or idea was criticized.  Therefore, there was no attack, and to over-dramatize it seems a bit desperate and/or silly - don't you think?

I like you J...
                You just may be right on all points....

2. profile image0

Leslie just wanted to acknowledge that Ceegen indirectly called those who don't follow a particular belief "evil". Indoctrination at it's finest. Who defines "evil"? George W. Bush with his axis of evil nonsense and then attacks another country without provocation killing thousands on both sides? Or these bozos spreading hatred and lies?

Well Rad that would be correct if it were not for the fact that Jesus called all mankind evil. He told religious leaders that they were of the devil...

"For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies". (John 8:44)

and, He called his followers evil:

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” (Luke 11:13)

So, when Ceegan says

"This will not stop evil spirits from getting other humans to try and harm a believer physically, mentally or emotionally (etc.); because when we tell Satan and his fallen angels to go away, they send evil people in their place"

he is only saying that "anyone" who yields to evil actions because of evil thoughts is at that time themselves evil.

That includes Christians. Christians have to fight everyday to do things God's way and not any other way.

We don't just sit around and tell everyone else what is wrong with them. We endeavour to enhance our personal relationship with Jesus Christ through acting on His Word as best as we can.

We strive to be examples that others would want to follow. Sometimes we "do good" and sometimes we "do not so good". We are simply confident that God loves us and this gives us eternal security as well as a refuge from the storms in this life.  big_smile

1. profile image0

I disagree here to a degree. Looking around here on HP, there are a lot of Christians that do exactly that. They spend the time telling others here (especially the atheists) how evil and sinful they are instead of demonstrating the love of Christ by showing others respect even in disagreement.

You are right in that respect, and I apologize for my brothers and my sisters. I can boldly say their intent is still to win souls for Christ. Our problem is often that we are not led by the Holy Spirit and because we want everyone to receive Jesus, sometimes we think only pointing out the sin is the way to convict souls.

Please don't misunderstand me... Sin is real and it is an abomination in the sight of our Holy God. People should be made aware of sin and they should be honest enough to judge sin in their own lives.

We do not excuse sin because sin is how we got into this mess in the first plalce. But, when you develop a relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ, He will strengthen you to resist and walk away from sin.

Sin is powerful and no man can "just stop" without a fight. And, will power alone will not keep you free always. The power of God will not only free you, but give you the ability to stay free.

Everyone knows what is right and wrong because it is written on every man's heart. So, let's quit pretending that we are confused or unsure.

I used to do the same things that you say my brothers and sister are doing. I would be adamant about you going to Hell (and,you are if you refuse God's gift), but I was presenting it from the "fear" angle.

Now, you should be afraid, because Hell is "fo sho on and poppin' and no one should go there. But, the gospel's main emphasis is not about "not going to Hell". It's main emphasis is about the love of God toward His creation.... mankind. And the desire of God to come into personal relationship with us.

Many of us have worn out our understanding because we cannot reconcile different tragic events with the thought of a loving God.... Well, that is what this thread is about anyway, evil spirits. Evil spirits are behind the tragedies.

People say, "Why did God allow...." Then when we can't figure it out, we give up on God and turn to something else. Well, God only allowed whatever you are mad at Him about because we don't realize that we

(a) have dominion over this earth
                  (b) don't know how to walk in that dominion
                  (c) understand that God gave the Earth to Adam and Eve and they gave it to Satan. He is the god of this world. That's why we pray. We pray to get the hand of our God into the Earth. We have the victory, and we fight from the place of victory, but we are ferociously opposed. The enemy hopes that we will give up our stand and quit on God.
                  (d) that Satan hates us
                  (e) that the individual battle-ground is the mind of man. and that
                  (f) God, through the blood of Jesus has given us authority over the works of the devil, demons, Satan and the whole bunch.

Finally, I just want to know, why people with opposing views to Christianity get a "don't have to be polite" pass.

They can do and say anything ugly they want to and it is considered as, what... their opinion???.   But the minute a Christian says anything contrary to those statements, or voices a standard, they are branded as "intolerant", "bigots" "speakers of hate"... Talk to me....

Can you reconcile that...... 'cause I cannot.

Actually here is the real problem...

We don't want to hear you telling us about sin.

We don't want to be threatened by you.

Because those who threaten others with Hell and evangelize Christianity are rude, selfish and arrogant. They will be treated with respect when they keep their beliefs behind closed doors where they belong.

2. profile image0

I will agree with this statement. You don't have to apologize to me. It's the atheists that this apology should go to (to say the least)

Exactly, they should judge their own sins and work on their own sins and not focus on everyone else's. They should follow Matthew 7:1-5. If come of our fellow brothers and sisters spent as much time focused on and working on their own sins as they spend trying to point out and focus on everyone else's, they will be so much further in life and more in tune in their relationship with Christ.

Herein lies part of the problem. people follow God more out of fear of Hell than out of love for him. That is not a relationship that anyone should seek to be part of and one of the reasons people shun Christianity.. the doctrines

But included in a personal relationship with him also comes showing love continually to others. The bible says "love they neighbor as thyself"

I can reconcile this easily.. Those who oppose Christianity do not get a "don't have to be polite" pass at all. But what you have to understand is that most of the atheists here merely return the same politeness (or lack thereof) that they are shown by our brothers and sisters. The bible says that you reap what you sow and as such our fellow brothers and sisters are merely reaping the harvest of the seeds they plant. Just like you cannot plant an apple seed and get an orange tree, you cannot plant a seed of disrespect and expect (or demand) respect in return. Threatening someone with a place that you cannot physically prove exists (such as Hell) is very impolite in their opinion and as such they respond with calling our beliefs irrational, absurd, etc... Add to this the fact that Some Christians try to push beliefs as though they are absolute knowledge and fact then get upset when asked for evidence of this "knowledge". I personally have several atheists here that I consider my friends and others that I respect and that respect me because even though they disagree with me, I do not try to force my beliefs on them as absolute truth or knowledge and I also show them respect and understanding for their lack of belief. As long as your actions continue to be respectful toward others, their actions will be respectful toward you, but of course that does not mean that our beliefs will escape scrutiny and/or ridicule. We just have to maintain thick skin and continue to show respect and tolerance.

14. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 10 years ago

"Qualitatively, there is no difference between psychosis considered mental illness and psychosis considered mental health. Schizophrenia is said to be characterized by hallucinations, i.e., self-reported imaginings. Belief in God is a socially acceptable self-reported imagining. Belief in Satan is a socially unacceptable self-reported imagining. The first is considered normal and is not an indication of mental illness, whereas the second is considered abnormal but is an indication of mental illness" (Sarbin, 1990).

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/other/schaler4.html

15. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 10 years ago

Overcoming Mental Illness

"From her religious background she knew about Satan and believed they came from him. Janet felt a lot of fear during this time; she thought she was lost to Satan."

http://www.hopeforrecovery.com/coping.html

I'm quite touched by your concern...

But, you will ignore the concern in favor of allowing the mental illness to rule your worldview.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Troubled Man....
      Did you read the conclusions of the hope for recovery link that you gave us???     They condone a spiritual life and belief in a higher power as a tool to support mental health and recovery from psychosis.....

"However, even with the positive life-changing qualities, mental illness can be devastating for those who experience it. It often takes months or even years to recover from a psychosis. The negative affects of a psychotic episode include depression and a loss of will to continue living. A relationship with a higher power may be the only safeguard against suicide. It is increasingly evident that, in conjunction with medication, a spiritual life aids the mentally ill. Thus, reliance on the psychiatric community is only one part of the equation, and when the psychiatric professional listens to the spiritual beliefs held by persons with psychiatric disabilities, this aids in the healing process (Richards & Bergin, 1997; Sullivan, 1998). A client's interpretation of his or her psychotic episode and how to deal with it has relevance. And, often the solutions they find gives real meaning to their lives."  http://www.hopeforrecovery.com/coping.html

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is equally try that other approaches aid the non-spiritually-inclined mentally ill.

Absolutely......

In the sense of swapping one vice for another, that is true. However, spiritual meaning is merely a temporary safeguard against suicide for those who have become detached from reality. It does nothing to solve the problems of the mental disorders, however.

16. Rain Defence profile image79
    Rain Defenceposted 10 years ago

Claire if you're happy living this way then good luck to you, but you don't sound happy. Remember that all religion is simply a means of controlling people and taking their money though. There are plenty out there that will take advantage of gullible/mentally weak people.
    It's all made up. Don't let stuff upset you that isn't real anyway.

I love Jesus and He gives me joy and peace the world cannot.  However, I cannot help being affected by suffering and evil in this world.   Somebody who is happy all time is not in touch with the real world. 

And you know for certain that demons aren't real?

1. squeak2012 profile image60

they are real! seen plenty took out to the trash can during church, people are still getting released from devils every day round here,the key is having a real preacher that knows when they are around and cast them out.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image56
        EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't certain elephants could fly until I saw Dumbo, which also made me certain crows could talk.

Perhaps, being certain that demons are or aren't real depends on whether or not everyone has seen them.

Since, I saw Dumbo, and millions of other people have, my certainty must be valid. Or, is the certainty we have just an assertion of what may or may not be real?

17. squeak2012 profile image60

religion is not about controlling people.pretty simple, some people is about controlling people not the title religion alone. we pray for you bro for better understanding

1. profile image0

I guess telling people they will burn in hell if they don't conform is not about control. LOL

1. profile image0

Nope.. It's about loving others enough to "warn" them. roll

You mean loving others enough to warn them that God does not love them enough?

2. profile image0

Nope, the bible clearly lays out rules and laws and describes what to do to those who don't follow the laws. That's control and not love. Warning others what they think will happen without any evidence of anything happening is also control and not love and or it's people thinking they can get up the ladder faster.

1. profile image0

I guess the eye rolling did not convey my sarcasm enough..

1. profile image0

Guess not.

1. profile image0

LOL!!

2. squeak2012 profile image60

control ? again,easy subject.and telling people they are going to hell if they wont follow the word.if you was standing on a high ledge and I told you if u keep going forward like you are.you will surely die, is that control n you or helping you. you do the thinking.we still pray for you in all the happy ways

18. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8301531_f248.jpg
    This is getting ..........STRANGELY interesting, WOW.  People still believe in demons?  In THESE times?
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8311386_f248.jpg
    I find it TOTALLY AMUSING myself. Really now.............

The ravishes of mental illness is truly heartbreaking.  My younger brother is completely delusional, and is so convinced that he has been abducted by UFOs that he wants to commit violence against anyone one who tries to tell him about the psychological possibilities of his affliction.

The OP sounds almost exactly like my mentally ill brother.

1. profile image0

So sorry to hear about your brother. And you are correct about the OP, I've had some concerns for some time now.

Thanks.  I agree.  Hearing and seeing things that are just not there, believing that one can talk to the dead or thinking that one has stepped outside of the laws of nature must be a horrible "reality"

1. profile image0

I'm also sorry about your brother.

The issue isn't really in talking to the dead. Anyone can talk to the dead.. The issue is if you're getting an answer

Right....like when we say "Good bye" to someone who's being lowered into the grave....but we're pretty sure that the person probably doesn't hear us.  And we should definitely not expect the person to ever say anything to us again...at least in this life.

1. profile image0

Exactly. I still talk to my dad sometimes.. Of courst he doesn't talk back to me since his ashes are in a box in my closet

1. profile image0

When my Mom passed about 8.5 years ago I ran into that same wall. I loved telling my mom about all the things the kids would do and say and suddenly I had nobody there. So I started talking to my aunt to try to fill the void as they were similar. She would have loved to see how big they have gotten. Sorry about your Dad. You're young so he must have been young as well. Sucks. Makes me think of what Chris must be going through. Sometimes s*!t happens to good people.

1. profile image0

Thanks. My dad was just a few months shy of 60 when he passed three years ago. I was the last of his children to see him alive. He left my place to move back to Georgia and had a stroke 6 days later.

I'm still praying for you.

Thanks, but I would prefer that you prayed for the starving children in Africa.  They are in much greater need than I'm, as I am fairly healthy, and eating regularly.

I pray for all those who are suffering.  You are not insignificant that God would not care about any suffering you go through.

1. profile image0

You think God cares about suffering, and can do nothing about it, yet you pray for help?

I don't need prayer from your incompetent God. He does nothing at all.  I'm doing just fine, thank you.  Everyone is going to go through hardships from time to time, yet, still, I will probably live to be quite old.  I don't need your God. 
              And how can you say that your God cares about the minor suffering that I go through if He doesn't even care about poor, helpless, starving children....doing absolutely nothing while these children suffer horrible lives and deaths?  This makes absolutely no sense at all.  You should cease your prayers, as they are completely, and utterly useless....SMH

But why are there hungry children? Is it not due to the evil that man commits out of his own free will? Is it not due to people who have children out of their own free will that they KNOW they can't afford to feed? God will not prevent suffering but He promises to get us through suffering? God helps others through good people who are inspired by Him whether they know it or not.  Prayer is an extremely powerful thing.

Ah!  Free will....the kryptonite of God.  He either can do something about suffering or He can just helplessly watch, like the rest of us, with no power.  This is a worn out and thoroughly debunked, mindless, desperate cop-out.

I fail to see how allowing these poor wretched children to die a horrific death is "getting them through suffering"  Explain.

So there are just not enough good people inspired by your God to help the plight of these children, I guess?  And, furthermore, if your God needs to use other people to do His work, why give Him credit?  I inspire children to go to college all the time, but once they graduate, I give them full credit, not myself. It would be immoral to take full credit for the things that I have only inspired.

Scientific studies have concluded that prayer is not that powerful at all.  The little benefits that it has been shown to have is mostly on the person praying....not the recipient.  Prayer has no effect on changing the laws of nature....except in a fantasy world.   

As you have, inadvertently, noted yourself, it is the will(and actions) of man that changes things, and certainly not this imaginary man-made God.  He does NOTHING.

God thoroughly debunked? How so? He does do something about suffering through those who love Him and do good.

As I said, He gets those who ask Him to get through suffering.  Children, however, are under the auspices of their parents and they who have suffering children could not have asked God for deliverance in my opinion. 

What are you doing to help hungry children? Why give God credit? Because without God there would be no good people in the first place because He is the source of good.  Those who do good should be recognized for what they have done because God works with people as a team. 

The power of prayer is a very individualistic thing.  It cannot be measured by science.

You just don't understand.

2. profile image0

All prayer does is make the one praying feel like they at least tried to help in an impossible situation, which makes it a rather selfish act if you admit it doesn't prevent suffering.

19. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

There are those, despite logical reasoning, who will steadfastly persist and insist in believing in so-called demonic occurrences.  It is totally futile to reason with this type of person.  Please let Claire BE.  The more we argue with Claire, the more insistent she will be.  It is HER belief and premise, NOT yours.   If we don't argue with her, the thread will be left alone.  The argument exercise in this case will be totally moot.  There are BETTER things that WE can do with our experience on HubPages.  Claire is going to BELIEVE what she will despite the logical and sane arguments presented.   Don't BOTHER........use the time more constructively.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8216149_f248.jpg

20. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

There is also just natural human diversity without resorting to online amateur psychiatry.

The forums have a sub-section for discussing demons so it seems to me not unusual that someone chose to do so.

That's what I did, too. smile

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. but my point is that it is normalized in our culture to a great extent.  And that which is culturally normalized very rarely appears in the DSMV.

Ah yes, I see your point.

21. energycenter profile image68
    energycenterposted 10 years ago

Hi Claire,

I just wanted to say that I totally believe in angels and demons.  You said someone blessed your house and these "lower energies" appeared.  You can bless your house, but you still have to remove any unwanted entities.  The unwanted entities cannot see you directly.  They can, however, see your energy.  They know when you are not happy.  They know when you are happy.  All they can see is you thinking there may be something in the house with you.  Therefore, they create things to scare you.  Most likely, this is a "ghost".  The thing about ghosts is that the lower energy taunts them.  The lower energy a.k.a. demons agree with their decision to make you miserable.  This is not at all happy for God.  He is not happy with this person that has refused to go to the Light when He asked them to.  They don't want to be judged by God.  Sometimes, God gives them time to learn.  When they start to create trouble for the people on Earth, they are not allowed to go to the Light for a while.  God is not happy with the way they are handling their physical death.  He tells them to stop scaring His people on Earth.  For some reason, they think it is funny...but really it's sad.  They are the ones in danger of never making it to Heaven.

However, there is something you can do.  You can protect you, your house, and your family by saying:  "I am fully protecting me, my house, and my family with the White Light of the Holy Spirit."  Then, pray for God to help you handle removing this entity from your home.  Then, after acknowledging and saying:  EVERYTHING GOES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST (meaning you are only calling upon God's angels to help you because that is His Plan for us to protect ourselves), you are to call upon Archangel Michael.

To call upon Archangel Michael (Archangel of Protection also discussed in the Holy Bible in Revelations) say:  "I am calling upon Archangel Michael to remove this lower energy from my home."

This will allow the entity to be confronted by Jesus Christ and Archangel Michael.  When they see Archangel Michael, they may decide to leave.  However, if they do not want to leave, you have to forcefully remove them from your home.  You have asked them nicely...now its time to go.

I don't want to explain on this site exactly how to remove unwanted entities from your home.  You are welcome to contact me for further information.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:  When they know God wants them gone, they may act up.  They are basically throwing a temper tantrum because they know they are about to see God.  They have been running for so long.  They have probably upset a lot of people on the Earth and they don't want to be judged.  Yes...they can shake beds, make you see shadows, cause you to be irritable and sad, scare you, give you nightmares, and make noises.

However, always protect yourself with the White Light of the Holy Spirit and call upon Archangel Michael by saying:  "I am fully protected with the White Light of the Holy Spirit.  I am calling upon Archangel Michael to protect me, my home, and my family."  As long as you do not give into their games, they cannot touch you.  Trust God.  He is always there to talk to about your situation.  Just because I have told you what to say, doesn't mean you have to be perfect.  Ask God to protect you if any of this goes against your belief system.

Good luck and God Bless you.

P.S.  IF you have children...always, always, always put protection over them.  Protecting yourself and calling upon Archangel Michael can be done outside of your home as well.  Just remember to say:  EVERYTHING GOES THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

Hi! It wasn't a ghost but Satan trying to harass me.  He did that with Jesus, too.    Things are good at the home even though I've been through an ordeal.  There is a presence of Jesus.    Thanks so much for writing.   And you have described demons well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)