What's your favorite Mark Ewbie hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (100 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

So apparently Mark was banned from the forum the other day for being a decent person. Then someone here had the audacity to call my favorite author's work, "drivel." So I thought maybe Mark, being one of the funniest ppl I have never met, should get a little shot in the arm.

My favorite Mark Ewbie hub is of course... mine. I wrote one about him as it is in my nature to stalk funny ppl. But aside from that one, I read this one twice, so I'm going to call it my favorite. It made me LOL. smile

http://markewbie.hubpages.com/hub/Peopl … h-Too-Much

Do you have a favorite?

1. davidlivermore profile image94
      davidlivermoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey, the truth hurts.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You picked the same one too. lol... I mean lqtm.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No one favorite.  Many of Mark's hubs are beautiful and cute.  Mark is so BELOVED by many.  He shouldn't have been banned.  I'll GIVE him a heart hug.of love and support.
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8580170.jpg

3. DreamerMeg profile image80
      DreamerMegposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have just started following Mark. I had seen his hubs before and even Facebook liked "Pooh takes Christopher Robin Home" because I thought it was one of the most beautiful stories I had ever read. It's still my favourite but now I have read and voted up a couple more of his!

1. profile image0

His hubs make you happy... if that isn't a great societal service, I don't know what is.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks DreamerMeg.  Now I must stop self-publicising.... I'll get banned again

1. profile image0

I wish there were a way to have this play whenever you entered this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKf6Nu4R9AE

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Lol.  That is the worst fanfare I have ever heard.  Hmmm...

1. profile image0

hahaha
              I know, Im sorry, but the good one had a 15 sec. ad on it. It was for your own good really.

No, it is brilliantly crap.  If there is a worse one out there it would be even better.

1. profile image0

Then you're gonna love the crown Ive made you.
                  http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8584424_f248.jpg

Ah I'm touched. smile

4. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You've inspired me.  I think I'll make a "What's your favorite Lybrah Hub" forum.

1. profile image0

haha. Im not even sure how to respond to that.

2. MagKaye profile image72
    MagKayeposted 10 years ago

Thanks for posting the Laughing post. I Quietly Smiled...

Why on earth was he banned from the forums?

1. profile image0

Someone was being overly mean and he called them on it. sad

1. davidlivermore profile image94

It could have been me.  I think I referred to his work as drivel in a post not too long ago.  And it was in reference to him insulting the work of other author's, when I felt he had no right to do so.

1. profile image0

It was not you. He was not defending himself in the slightest. He was defending a friend when he got the ax.  Im sure your comment was just an off the cuff response to something and not intended to be mean. Hopefully, no one sweats the small stuff. smile

2. Writer Fox profile image32
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you mentioned that.  Insulting the work of others is sociopathic behavior, especially when someone hasn't requested an evaluation of his work.  Even then, helpful critiques should be done without insult.

1. profile image0

Do you possibly have a favorite Mark Ewbie hub you'd like to share?

2. Will Apse profile image87
            Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well. I found the cat.

Anyway, who is the sociopath WF?

3. davidlivermore profile image94

I admit I did insult his work, but since he was making comments, I felt I should do the same.

I'm surprised I wasn't the one who started it, because I could have sworn it was me who said that.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

1. profile image0

No sir. Please don't take that upon yourself... but this really isn't that kind of a thread. Just looking to encourage Mark... like I said, "a shot in the arm. smile

People get banned from the Forum for this:
      •    Making Personal Attacks: Debate and disagreements on points of substance are all right, but personal attacks, petty bickering, extreme profanity, and thread hijacking will be dealt with swiftly.

1. tsadjatko profile image64
        tsadjatkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

thread hijacking -  I see that all the time and haven't seen anything done...what do they consider thread hijacking? Am I doing it now, since the topic is Mark Ewbie Hubs and has nothing to do with thread hijacking? Just askin, please don't ban me.

2. Cgenaea profile image60
        Cgenaeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not in my case. I have been personally attacked by many; many times over. No one ever swiftly deals with my personal attacker. But I'm not one for the panic... I mean report button. My unflinching response is normally "dealt with" smile I now think it's a game, ideal for hit and run.

1. tsadjatko profile image64
          tsadjatkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cgenaea - attack responses usually reveal more about the attacker than the attacked.

1. Will Apse profile image87

Mark is a rather honest person and he is not patient when he sees injustice.

2. Cgenaea profile image60
            Cgenaeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tell me about it... smile feels like you mean to be nicely and somewhat personal in your response.  Yes???

3. profile image0

Yes... personal attacks... very unkind and worthy of a banning... however, this topic would be, "What is your favorite Mark Ewbie hub." Lest it be confused with "What are your views on hijacking threads."

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You did also mention the banning so it is not surprising people are discussing that.

IMHO, Hubstaff make that call.  Raking it over and taking sides just keeps the bickering going.

The original post on this thread started out with: "So apparently Mark was banned from the forum."  That would imply that this is what you wanted the thread to be about.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

I must say that I am concerned as to Mark Ewbie being banned. So far as I know he has never "insulted" anyone. Although he has posted comments that are critical. I have never read any obscenities, foul language etc.....

As for my favorite hub, it has to be: http://markewbie.hubpages.com/hub/Peopl … h-Too-Much

I think that some people walk around with a glass roof over their heads and forget that everything that goes up must come down...........eventually...............hmm

1. profile image0

You picked the same one I did. Funny thing about Mark; his stick figures are so well known and make his work so uniquely him... however if he'd never drawn a one, his writing would still be among the funniest here on HPs.

4. profile image0

Yes, it was worth a mention why the thread was started, but you have yet to mention your favorite Mark Ewbie thread. Looking forward to it.

5. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 10 years ago

My favorite Mark Ewbie Hub, without a doubt, is Pooh Takes Christopher Robin Home. It speaks for itself if you read it. Other than that, his humorous pieces usually have me laughing hard. I can't remember which ones at the moment, there are many.

1. profile image0

That won favorite hub didn't it? I meant to read it and never did... I will have to do it this time!

2. profile image0

I just read it... beautiful.

My favorite line. Quite powerful,

"“I can’t do it” he said to Pooh, “my old body is useless”.

“Then leave it behind” said Pooh....""

3. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I loved Pooh Takes Christopher Robin home too.

4. Solaras profile image94
      Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mine too.

6. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8041535_f260.jpg

1. profile image0

hahaha. Good one.

7. Hamshi profile image66
    Hamshiposted 10 years ago

I find the majority of his forum posts to be funny and cute! I haven't had a chance to look at/find a favorite hub from him yet but will be sure to share it when I do! smile

1. profile image0

Looking forward to it. smile

8. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Beth.....Nice of you to rally for Mark.  Personally, I've not ever read anything by him that even comes close to reason for banning.......but, welcome to our community.  There are those chosen few who get away with just about anything.....and then you'll see someone banned for really unfounded reason.

I've read only a few of Mark's hubs (hanging my head in shame) but he is definitely one funny guy. Most of my contact with Mark is when I see him in the forums or Q&A.  His signature Stick figures are genius.  How many people can make a stick man, hilariously funny?  I know one.  Mark Ewbie.

I commented to Mark at one point that only he and ThoughtSandwiches (Thomas) can make me LITERALLY laugh out loud......tears and all.  I haven't seen much from Thomas lately, but I've not been as active as I was at one time. I recall Mark agreed with me on Thomas.. His hub on "Orphan hubs," nearly sent me to the ER.  No kidding.

I especially like Mark's hub on "celebrity stick figures."  He's a talent, for sure.  Banning is no big deal......(slap on the wrist.)  Actually, it rarely happens unless the overly-sensitive, guilty-of-being-a-jerk OP, runs crying to Mommy/Daddy. 

Mark....we all love you.  ..and because we are all so incredibly "awesome"....that should be all that matters.....right?   I think, when you draw stick figures of us....you should make our heads bigger........see you after you've been paroled.

1. profile image0

lol. What a great post. I love his hub on the life of a stickman, starting out with "sticksperm." lol
      He just really thinks outside the box. I think that's what makes him a little genius. Maybe you have to be a little twisted to enjoy his work... judging by his "followers" there must be a lot of twisted ppl on HPs. smile

1. fpherj48 profile image60
        fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth....seriously, I was sure you knew.  "Twisted" is # 1 qualification for even getting past the front gate of HP.   Some of us had a limo waiting for us.   With the great start you've got.....stay long enough, you're on your way to Ewbie Status.

9. profile image0

Just got this msg. from Mark thru FB.

"Great day on HP. Since being banned Beth37 started up a be nice to Mark Ewbie thread. Traffic improved immensely. Some of my old pages got a read. People said nice things.

I like being banned. Posting privileges will be restored in two hours but don't tell anyone. I'm staying banned forever. They'll beatify me at this rate."

10. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

Xmas has come early as my ban ends!  Like an early Christian martyr sent out with a lion to perform tricks in front of the baby Jesus – I have now been given a chance to redeem myself.

I have taken a solemn vow to be good even with people like (ed: names and personal foibles removed).  No longer will I tell (ed: removed) to (ed: ditto).

Instead I will continue to contribute by promoting my mediocre and poor quality drivel to unsuspecting newbies.

On a more serious note, not that any of the above was remotely amusing, I am grateful to and pleased by people who have left messages of support.  Money would have been nicer but hey… there’s always next time.

A special Xmas thank you to the person who reported me.  I would like to (ed: That’s enough thanks)

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8580050_f248.jpg

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
      LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Mark.
      You're still a clown with class.
      smile

Lol and thanks!

You forgot Beth's birthday. Again. That is 45 times. Get her a ball and she might forgive you.

1. profile image0

You are correct, he has not written on my wall yet, and he actually has the ability, unlike you. And this does mark the 45th time.

I am just spreading blame as widely as I can here Beth. I was reminded before he was which means I have the moral edge.

1. profile image0

I posted your hat pic on FB, so it's as if you've actually done more than him anyway.

Excellent!

11. Jason Marovich profile image88
    Jason Marovichposted 10 years ago

That was almost like attending a funeral and having the body jump out of the casket laughing and telling jokes.

"Here lies Mark Ewbie, he was a great guy."

"Haha!  You ain't seen nuthin' yet!"

Lol Jason.  A scary thought.

12. MagKaye profile image72
    MagKayeposted 10 years ago

Oh good, you're unbanned! I still have to go and read the (now famous) Pooh takes Christopher home. Or was it the other way around?
    Either way, I'm in for a good laugh, or at the very least, a snort, by the looks of things.

Ah... I wouldn't say that one was funny particularly.  Something else really.

1. MagKaye profile image72
        MagKayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah. I clearly need to go and have a read...

13. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

Geez - I'm not on the site for, what, part of a day, and I find our Mark has been banned & unbanned.  I'm glad he's been redeemed, but I agree with others; I've never seen him say anything that would justify banning.

Heck, when I first joined, the forum was a really rough place to be, and few people were 'disciplined' for it, or (at times) it would require repeated, egregious offenses for anything to happen.

Either way, I'm glad it's over & he's back. 

Oh yeah - my favorite Ewbie hub - hard to vote for just one. I've laughed till I hurt over several of them (a recent one was his brilliant satire about why parents should beat their kids).  But Pooh taking Christopher Robin home is exceptional.  I still choke up, even when thinking of it.

Thanks Marcy... much appreciated.

14. profile image0

All's well that ends well. Mark's back and that's all that matters.

15. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

Ah I avoid the FB business like a plague.  Birthdays, Candy Crunch - no that's not for me.

1. profile image0

You will live to regret this.

I don't mean anything by it.  I need to work harder, write better, try to make some money.  The social aspect works against that.

1. profile image0

That's ok, it's not much of a threat anyway... it seems like "You will not live to regret this." is a much worse threat.

Absolutely.  I was going to go there but my head was... whoops - ban danger.  I'll leave it where it was.

1. profile image0

If I get banned Mark, don't feel like you have to sacrifice yourself for me. Just go ahead and don't look back. I'll understand... you're too important for us to lose again. Just step on my body and shoot like a star thru the heavens. You were meant to shine Mark Ewbie.

Oh Gawd.  Lol.

16. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

Haven't ready any of this stuff....at least I don't remember reading anything.

1. profile image0

You have to set aside a little time for it. His hubs are at the very least, fun. You'll enjoy a good laugh. smile

17. Jason Marovich profile image88
    Jason Marovichposted 10 years ago

After a little digging I now understand the hasty reversal of Mark's forum ban.  No one wants the sort of (completely unfair) treatment he gave poor Reddit.

http://markewbie.hubpages.com/hub/Banne … rl_6131906

1. profile image0

Cat' bottoms are kind of funny.

18. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 10 years ago

It sounds fine beth.

19. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

Beth is currently swimming the Atlantic.

1. profile image0

(Waves.)

(Did she mean "waves her hand" or was she simply referring to the "swells of water?" You don't know... she's a mystery.)

I was much too far out all my life
        And not waving but drowning.

1. profile image0

You needed floaties.
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8584014_f248.jpg

Are all American boys wimps?

I mean did his mum blow those up for him?

1. profile image0

He has water issues. You're so judgmental.

Water issues? You mean he hasn't learnt to use a straw yet?

1. profile image0

He used to go out too far in the ocean... we all need floaties Will. We all need floaties.

I have a funny feeling you are looking for someone to bite. And need a shoulder to cry on as well.

Which is quite a tricky combination.

Was your birthday okay in the end?

2. Solaras profile image94
            Solarasposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Something looks very wrong with his left arm.  I think the floaties are cutting off his circulation and making something awful happen...  No floaties for me...

1. profile image0

lol... you're right... something is wrong for more reasons than one.

20. erorantes profile image49

I love the crown you made. It is original.

21. erorantes profile image49

Thank you.

1. profile image0

You are welcome.

22. erorantes profile image49

We need a castle. Take your time. I am looking forward . I am excite to see.  I am certain of your creativity. I know. I will love it.

23. profile image0

There you go.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8586687_f248.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)