Merry Christmas everyone :)

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Hamshi profile image68
    Hamshiposted 10 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8599750_f520.jpg
    It's going to be Christmas here in UK in about an hour so I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
    Hope you all have a fabulous one..enjoy!

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this
    2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

3. Hikapo profile image76
      Hikapoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Merry Xmas!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8599868_f248.jpg

4. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. We only have about six hours to go here in North America.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That puts me at 2 am... are you in CA?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
          The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nope, sorry. I am on the east coast.

5. A Thousand Words profile image67
      A Thousand Wordsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas, and however else you say it in other languages!!!

2. SAM ELDER profile image54
    SAM ELDERposted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas!

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

We have about 13 hours til 6 am, when I assume a little person will shake me out of my sleep. Merry Christmas! smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8599752_f248.jpg

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And were you rudely awakened as I was?

Merry Christmas, Beth.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol... no. I don't know if Christmas elves had anything to do with it, but somehow she went downstairs and watched tv without waking anyone. I think it's cause she knew we weren't opening presents until her older siblings got here so she probably decided it wasn't worth her time to wake anyone.

Either way, I still got up before 6:30... stupid inner alarm clock. I have been enjoying such activities as Christmas vacuuming, Christmas taking out the garbage and Christmas cleaning the bathroom. I'm ready to go now though. My oldest son went to AL with his new wife to see her family and we're waiting for their arrival. My oldest daughter has a 14 page term paper to write and today is her only day off. We don't know if we'll even see her. Poor thing.

Life is full of such struggles. Some small, some great. I guess I have a great one ahead of me, but for today... with all my kids well and their little bellies full. Life is good. I think of one of my favorite Christmas verses... hopefully you'll allow me to contemplate for a moment... "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"

Merry Christmas Wilderness and to all! smile

4. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

Christmas Day in Australia is well underway. Nearly midday here. Best wishes to everyone. smile

1. LongTimeMother profile image93
      LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have just heard about a bakery that is opening its doors to feed homeless and disadvantaged people free Christmas lunch.  I think that's great and will certainly buy something from them next time I am in that town. Good business people deserve support.

If you have homeless folk near your home, I hope you'll take some leftovers from your Christmas feast and make a delivery. smile

When I lived in the city I used to wrap gifts for children (often just toys in good condition that my kids had outgrown) and randomly hand them out to children I passed when driving by.  The kids didn't have to be obviously homeless but if I spotted their families on foot on Christmas day in an area other than a beach, I'd just park my car and wander up and give them a brightly wrapped present.

Living off the grid away from the city denies me that fun. For anyone living in a city, please take a few small gifts in your car as you drive around to your friends and family ... just in case you spot a young one who looks like they'd love a small gift from a secret Santa!

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are amazing!

I wish I'd thought of doing that instead of just handing used, but good toys, into charities.
        All kids love receiving gifts, and love being given toys, regardless of whether they are new or not. Taking the wrapping off is probably the best fun of all.

Most kids don't fall into the the bracket of being on a registered charity's list, but many need and appreciate such a gift from a stranger.

What a great idea!

1. LongTimeMother profile image93
          LongTimeMotherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Guess I should have written a hub about it a month ago to get hubbers inspired, IzzyM. Bit late now I guess, but I hope at least a few might take up the idea. My kids and I would recycle the wrapping paper from under the tree (they got in the habit of unwrapping but not scrunching the paper) and then race into their bedrooms to look for toys they didn't need anymore. Of course that process is much easier when there's new presents to find room for on the shelf. lol.

Some parents were grateful, some seemed a little wary, but the kids were always excited and the parents would wave once the kids had opened the present and seen it was something nice. smile

5. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas to you too, Hamshi smile

6. Silva Hayes profile image77
    Silva Hayesposted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas, everyone!  It's 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve here in Texas.  May your holidays be merry and bright.

7. profile image0
    Ritesh Nisharposted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas

8. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas to all our hubbers and those just visiting.
    Christmas day has arrived and we get to stop in bed, no kids here to wake us at 05:00am. Our kids have their own kids now.
    Have a wonderful day and just think for a minute of those that can't.
    LOL Ghaelach

9. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas to HubberLand.  May you all enjoy the day as much as I will.

10. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

Merry Christmas to all. It is better to give than to receive.  My daughter used to make sandwiches for the homeless. We gave money to homeless shelter. Many homeless people have mental illness while some just are down on their luck. Good luck to all hubbers and have a great day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)