I was wrong about Bubblews- I Apologize.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (110 posts)
  1. gitachud profile image67
    gitachudposted 10 years ago

If Google Ads are showing on Bubblews, then my opinion of them must be completely wrong. My apologies for any negative comments made earlier.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Should someone wake Will?

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I sent him an emergency email when I heard that the site had passed the renowned Google scamometer.

1. profile image0

You didn't use the batlight?! How's an email going to wake him?

The power is out on the batlight. The electrician is coming out in the morning to fix it. Meanwhile, back at the mansion....

2. Say Yes To Life profile image79
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When I signed up for Bubblews, it didn't ask for my PayPal account.  How will they pay me?

1. profile image0

That's a good question, isn't it?

1. Nimesh De Silva profile image66
          Nimesh De Silvaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

All in good time. When you are at the redeem you will encounter the space to enter the Paypal account. Quite convenient if you ask me.

2. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

when you reach your payout they will ask you to redeem, click the big green button and it will give you options on how to pay, okay?

1. Say Yes To Life profile image79

Thanks!

3. peachpurple profile image82
        peachpurpleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

when you hit the redeem button ($50) you will be given the choice to choose e-check or paypal. Then you key in your paypal email. It will take 4 days or more to see your email from bubblews or paypal.

1. profile image0

I am so excited... $29 more and Im there.

2. Beatris Iversen profile image57
          Beatris Iversenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Currently most payments are taking 13 days after you have redeemed due to a lot of traffic.

3. Marsha Musselman1 profile image83
          Marsha Musselman1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is now taking a week or more to get your money in your paypal account, but I have received my money every time, no matter how long it might take, so that isn't a problem at all. Maybe after July when we are expecting a great upgrade the payout might be shorter again.

I also think payments work better when paypal is used rather than some other format, but I haven't tried anything else, so I don't know for sure.

4. Beatris Iversen profile image57

You should have already had PayPal in count otherwise that redemption will be lost.

5. Misfit Chick profile image77
        Misfit Chickposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Make sure to take a screenshot of your redemption and file it by date until you get paid. It's a good reference since the site has no accounting capabilities. If you don't record things yourself, you're lost.

Also, keep a duplicate of your articles - those come up missing sometimes, too. The Bubblews site is in serious need of an overhaul - it's almost impossible for me to navigate at the moment.

Supposedly, there is a big update coming in July that will change the lives of Bubblers. We'll see. So far I have been unimpressed by their technical abilities.

Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot for these tips!  I already save all my articles, including their Bubblews addresses.  I need to make a screen shot of my payments as well.

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
            Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I stopped writing on Bubblews about a month ago, when every time I tried to submit something, I got the error message. Then sometimes it posts your Bubble anyway, multiple times, so then you need to delete a few of them, when they all have comments.

They also said no more pictures, but amended that, as pictures make the Bubble more appealing and it grabs your attention. But it seemed people were writing such garbage that didn't even make sense, and were getting 100 views and so many likes, and I was writing literate things, and getting very few views. I haven't decided if I want to go back. It was easy money if you didn't spend a lot of time on it, but it seemed to me it got harder and harder to get viewers.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why do you say that?   Do you think Adsense has any kind of quality monitor?  The advertising and search engine arms of Google are separate.   Google's search algorithm tries to judge quality (not very successfully, some would say), but Adsense only worries about "prohibited topics".  So long as you stay away from those topics, you can write utter cr@p and still display Adsense ads.

1. profile image0

Yea! All's Will that ends Will.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

You are in good form today.

1. profile image0

That's usually when I get in trouble.

1. Will Apse profile image89
              Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dancing on tables can lead to unforeseen consequences.

As for the bubblers... HP should create a Forum called Siberia and send all these Blubber threads straight to it.

2. gitachud profile image67
        gitachudposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Noted. However, I always get the impression that Adsense is very strict and can close your account if you commit even the slightest violation. Last month Webanswers did not show ads for almost 10 days on grounds of  policy violations.
        Bubblews do not seem to be strict on self-regulation: you can post offensive material and it will be "liked" a thousand times in a few seconds.
        Another thing- if Google Ads are pay per click, how will that affect the revenue of Bubblers?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Yes, but "offensive" subjects and quality are two completely different things.   Besides, Adsense has to notice the offensive articles before they will penalise a site - and it may just be that they haven't noticed it on Bubblews yet.

Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bubblews posted a "Wall of Shame" when they changed the payment structure. They told people to stop with writing that says, "I got up today, and wanted to post one Bubble. I got tired and went back to bed. I slept. I got up again and ate. I was too tired to write the Bubble." It had hundreds of names on it and told people to check their email to see if their accounts were still active.

I am still unsure, it's more time consuming than I thought. Plus with the holiday season I haven't written as much as usual. But I'm averaging about $2.00 a post. It seems more important to post 1 or 2 posts, then to comment and connect like mad. I do like the money though.

That's the strategy I used for my brief flirtation with Bubblews.   I posted only one or two posts a day, then commented and connected madly for an hour or two.   I did it for two weeks and cashed out at the end of each week (at $25).

I re-used my Helium articles for the posts and had no problems.

Hi Innerspin,
                I can't recall now. It was a different address, something like Bubblews Support 1 and Bubblews Support 2, but I was logged into Bubblews, so it's a different section of the site. Both were places I never saw myself after being there since October. You might try some of the links they have on the Bank page, I found the message about the Wall of Shame by playing around and clicking those links. There is also a person Adrienne Jenkins who says she doesn't work for Bubblews, but corrects a lot of people and seems to hammer away at them about rules. She always has a lot of links to this type of thing on her profile page, since she's giving everyone advice.

It appeared they did close hundreds of accounts, and promise they are in a phase where they are trying to upgrade the site. They want the posts short, at the 400 character point, making it a step up from Twitter. I find the site hard to navigate, and never found a whole set of all the rules, so I can understand why you can't either. It's best to see who was there long and they usually have links posted to the places writers on Bubblews need to see. Hope that helps.

1. innerspin profile image85
                  innerspinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Jean Bakula, you'd think important announcements would be easier to find!

1. SpaceShanty profile image94
                    SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The name Adrienne Jenkins rings a bell, I have seen people on Bubblews refer to her in the comments, I suspect she is more than just another bubbled.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
                      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

She is a Giant Squid who is trying to make money.  Posts a lot, has a lot to say, people tend to follow her.

2. jandee profile image79
            jandeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Strange! I have never seen any offensive stuff.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image79

I made 2 posts last night.  I got 5 likes, and made 19 cents.  Is that typical?  How many posts do I have to make, and how many likes do I need, in order to make $50? BTW, I have 3 connections.  In each case, I returned the favor.

Try to write and post maybe 2 Bubbles a day. Once you connect with a few hundred people, you will start seeing money in your bank. You may have to go out of your way and connect with some people before they connect with you. Usually once you connect with somebody they will connect back. But a lot of us are on there from Hubpages. I'm there under my real name, you can connect to me.

But don't delude yourself, you will never be able to answer all of the notifications. And you won't want to when you read some of the idiotic stuff people write. It's fast money. I still write on my blog and Infobarrel if I need to do something creative that's a bit longer.

Thanks a lot!  I have connected with you, and will read your posts.

2. innerspin profile image85
            innerspinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Jean Bakula, out of interest, where did you see the message about not posting "I woke up and had breakfast" type bubble? I still run across quite a few of those, some I honestly wonder if they are copying their own work and repeating it. There are plenty of interesting posts to read when you look around.

2. NateB11 profile image88
          NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's one cent for every like and view; you get a cent the first time someone comments on your post but not for comments that same person leaves on that particular post after that.

When I started, I posted ten times a day. I also posted in the early morning and later afternoon; seemed to be more people on there at that time. Over time, I got more connections, more views and even got some posts indexed on Google. It took me about two months to start getting very significant and regular traffic (but I was already cashing out regularly before that). After that, I slowed down on the posting and now do it 2-5 times a day. At some point, I started cashing out every week, sometimes every few days; but that was at the $25 threshold; this last time it took me almost two weeks because they bumped up the threshold to 50.

Also, as stated many times, you have to do some interacting; liking and commenting on other people's posts.

3. Marsha Musselman1 profile image83
          Marsha Musselman1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

In the beginning of my time on bubblews I connected to everyone I ran into too, but now I don't follow that practice unless I like their writing and unless they are good connections. For many of us that have been there a while a good connection is someone that comments in such a way that we know they've actually read what we wrote. Many there are such generic comments that we're sure they've not read one word.

You don't need a lot of connections to succeed there, but you do need to find the people that will visit you when you visit them. If you comment of posts you will notice other names that  you may be able to recognize after a while as folks that do a lot of commenting. Those are the ones to check out and see if you like reading what they write.

The majority of people will reciprocate a comment, but not always on the same day since the more solid connections we have the busier we are visiting with all of them. I just went over the 2000 mark of connections, but I'd say that I actually only have 50 solid connections, the rest are mainly fluff. Maybe another 50 are those that we get with periodically for there isn't enough time in a day unless you are retired or writing full time, to spend visiting with all the people you'd like to see on a regular basis.

It could even be that I have a thousand good connections, but because we are all busy we don't see each other a lot. I have a list of many of my connections, but I don't take the time to count everyone because I figure my time would be spent better in writing or visiting with them rather than figuring out how many there actually are.

I was making about $50 a week on Bubblews, but took a break for a few weeks. When I went back, it seemed the quality of writing (never great in many cases) was so bad, the posts weren't even fluent, no punctuation, and some make no sense at all.

Yet they have a hundred views and 50 comments. I make literate posts and get about 10 views and 2 comments. It seems maybe a few groups have banded together to "like" anything, no matter how bad it is. I may just finish what I have, I'm up to about $39 and may as well cash out.

It was a quick, easy way to make money as long as you didn't waste too much time on your posts, and thought strategically about how much time to spend interacting with others. Now I am unsure if I want my work associated with such poor quality. Isn't there a way for people to translate their writing so it makes sense?

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
              csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is a running joke in our community, where students of mine with half a brain of English, are flying high in Bubblews. They talk about non-sense but still gets the click rates and the likes. Some of the housewives too, who crank out their articles in between washing dishes and taking care of the kids, are religiously getting paid every two weeks or so.  They come over whenever they get paid, and they get amuse on why I have payment issues with Bubblews, and they don't.

We have a good laugh about it and I say to them, that they should use the site not only to earn some grocery money or school allowance, but as a way to practice on their  English skills. For people (some neighbors) who do not have other sources of income, writing for Bubblews is an option, since it pays well - if it pays. But for writers who are worried about their brand name, and would not have much time to do much interaction, writing for the site is not a viable option.

I sometimes see some writers crowing about earning from Bubblews. I am happy for them since I know that getting paid $50 is a hard thing to do!  If a Filipino jumps with joy for getting paid that amount, I would be happy. The exchange rate in the country is about P43: $ and compatriots writing for the site don't really have a good command of the English language.  Most of them (in my neighborhood) are students and housewives, with no discernible sources of income, so $50 every now and them is a big help.

But if you are a real writer, who wants to make a mark online, that site may not be for you. The reason is that, you are not getting money because of your work. You're getting that $50 because of  the amount of time that you spend on the site - interacting. So jumping around and yelling to the great heavens that you are paid, is something that continues to baffle me. Probably, this is how I react since I get my bread and butter from offline work. I write whenever I have the time, and whenever the passion strikes me. But plowing along, and putting time on a site that requires much of my time just to earn, is something not acceptable to me.

writer_csm

paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

More often than not, I just repost there what I've already written at the infamous www .websitewithnoname. com. I still outrank them, so what the hey. big_smile

Hi PDS! Nice to see you around! Look at my author score, same as yours ---- 86, down by 3 notches from 89! Waah! Time for me to crank up another article. Can't dilly-dally, lest that goes down to a 70.  big_smile

About the B site.....

Bubblews is nice if you get paid. But putting all your time in the "B"  would not get you anywhere. I tell the kids from the neighborhood to go for it as long as they are paid. The site is also good for the young mothers who are left in the house to take care of their children. That takes their mind off their husbands who are at work.

Knowing these characters  makes me want to get away from that site as far away as I can. Bwahaha!

writer_csm

Postscript:  But there are very good creative writers on the B that I admire ...... candlelight, darian9991, andyman26, lobo, billyboy, and the gamer - playdude_3000. Phew! Too bad I am no longer there.

We must have really misbehaved somewhere down the line... big_smile

Maybe one of these days I'll just throw a hissy fit and delete all hubs with a score under 70. Of course, that would cost me a permanent, daily revenue hit.

I, too, have urges to write a new hub. My last one has a score of 83, but the scores for the bunch before that are not pretty...

Looks like the only way to get an 80's score is to write 3000-word tombs. I'd have no problem with that if I think the critter has some revenue potential.

An interesting summer lies ahead...

big_smile

4. gitachud profile image67

.......Will sleeps, unaware.

1. profile image0

Ive sent a carrier pigeon. It wont be long now.

5. gitachud profile image67

A drone would have been better, but we will wait.

1. profile image0

I could shoot myself from a cannon... of course I don't really know where he lives so assuming I live thru the trip and the landing, it would just me me walking thru the streets of a foreign land yelling out his name.

I thought you had trained your pigeon to cross the ocean and hunt him down in the streets of Bangkok.

1. profile image0

I didn't really know where to send the pigeon... I just said, "Find Will Apse"... and then let him go. Im pretty sure he knows how to to his job.

6. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

Google Ads are showing on this thread, so my opinion of it must be completely wrong. I apologize for any thought-crimes I have committed against it.

7. Carola Finch profile image92
      Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

I agree that posting articles is what makes money.  I always pick up two to three new connections and get more views each time. I do not connect to people who post that kind of personal drivel. I have found the secret to managing notifications.  I put the mouse on the post link and the article URL shows in the left hand bottom corner.  That way, I avoid clicking on stuff that does not interest me.  So glad to hear that Bubblews is cracking down on the awful personal posts, thanks for sharing.

1. SpaceShanty profile image94
        SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed that some of the most successful Bubblers are the ones who post personal drivel, I mean they have hundreds of posts about nothing but sometimes you will see them mention that they are on their 20th redemption ($500).  To be honest does it really matter (to Bubblews) if the content is rubbish?  It works in the respect that it gets lots of traffic, the person posting still only gets $0.01 per view but if a high paying ad is clicked on they make good money.  Quality aside, from a revenue point of view, it works, for how long I don't know.

8. Carola Finch profile image92
      Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

Interesting.  I want to make money, but with quality work.  People are sharing a lot of personal stuff on Bubblews I would never put on a public forum, especially stuff that is highly critical of family members.  It is like reality TV in written form.  It may get the views, but that is not how I want to make money.

Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't put personal stuff on there.  Unless it is a lie.  It is mainly drivel but that is the standard I have set myself.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Bubblews finally down for the count? Site's been down for 2 hours straight that I know of. Will commences party preparations... big_smile

6 Hours and counting.

1. ChristinS profile image38
          ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Weren't they allegedly supposed to be doing some upgrades? Their FB page just says they are down, appreciate your patience and will post updates etc.  I would advise he not get out the party supplies just yet wink.

paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

It was a Banda update.

10. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 10 years ago

They increased the redemption level to $50 because very few bubblers can count that high.

Saving them a fortune.

1. profile image0

Oh, I thought we were talking about hubpages... ATM was right, I really should read back.

2. gitachud profile image67

Ouch, that hurt!!

1. profile image0

lol. He has a mean streak, doesn't he? But I enjoy it as it's meant in fun... (at least that's what I tell myself.) He is actually a fan of Bubblews as he has admitted to reading their articles all the time... daily I think! Bubblews is his dirty secret I think. I wonder if he might not have a secret account there himself. Wouldn't that be interesting?!

Now that you mention it, there is a Bubbler with a strikingly similar persona!

1. profile image0

lol. If you can't understand any of his articles without the use of google, it's most likely him.

He must be tired of us lowlifes that he has gone off to Siberia and started his own BubbleThread.

1. profile image0

You are part of the upper echelon with your 90+ hubber score... I am the only low life here. sad

The only thing that counts here is the $$$$$$. Very elusive to me.
                    Back to Bubblews, check this high quality post I have just come across.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8607025_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

can't see it

11. Optimuskck profile image61
      Optimuskckposted 10 years ago

Guys bubblews is temporaly down. hope it doesn't damage to database. if it damage  i will lost around 60$ in my bank sad

It is up and running as we speak.

1. Optimuskck profile image61
          Optimuskckposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is indeed a good news gitachud

12. Good Guy profile image82
      Good Guyposted 9 years ago

Today I posted this in Bubblews, which may be my last post there.

"I Am Really Sick Of This Site" 
      Know what?  I typed straight onto the "submit" page thinking that it was just a simple article, then hit the submit button.  After a few seconds, it showed "error 505".  Hell!  I couldn't get into the site until now after many minutes had passed.  The article was not successfully submitted.  It was lost completely.  I am really sick of this site.  I took a break after hitting the redeem button many days ago.  Now the bad news is that there is still no confirmation on my redemption in my email.
      I am really sick of this site.  That was why when after hitting the redeem button, I stopped writing.  There are two main reasons that I am utterly frustrated with this site.  Number one reason is the constant Error message and off-line.   Number two is the dread of no payment after hitting the redeem button.  I think the owners' integrity for this site leaves much to be desired.  I won't be wasting much of my valuable time on this place from now on.

On a brighter note, today (Tues May 13) is Wesak Day.  It is the most holy day for us Buddhists.  May I wish all my Buddhist friends a Happy and Peaceful Wesak.  The Buddha's message was : Avoid Evil, Do Good, Purify The Mind.  Very universal indeed!

1. peeples profile image94
        peeplesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This morning I cannot access anything bubblews. Not their main page, my page, or other people's articles. Maybe you posted just as they were shutting down, and with all their issues I hope this is a permanent shut down even though I would feel bad for the writers.

1. BigBrains profile image96
          BigBrainsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The slowness and glitches are frustrating.  They must lose a lot of writers and readers because of it.  I expected it to be dealt with when I first joined Bubblews, but the problems never seem to get better!

1. Beatris Iversen profile image57

I have been on Bubblews for almost 9 months but today was the worst so far and it is soooo frustrating. I don't know how long ago you have joined but honestly this is not right. We earn less than we used to and we are blocked if we can't go on. They had upgrades going on since December oh my. The other thing is this I believe that we should know what is going on because there are bubblers that only work on this site and they are losing money. We have already lost a lot of great writers.

13. ologsinquito profile image82
      ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

It's been difficult doing anything there because of the slowness of the site. I did read one post where someone mentioned that there will be a major upgrade in a couple of months. From what I'm hearing it takes a couple of weeks to get paid. I try to redeem only when the site is working well.

1. Beatris Iversen profile image57

They are busy with upgrades and we don't know what is going to happen. The only problem is that new members join on a daily basis and this makes the site 10x slower. Normal redemption takes 13 days now. I have always got mine but gosh this errors are terrible. Good luck with your redemption ;-)

14. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years ago

I never bother with the site anymore. I have been out of there when 3 redemptions of mine were unpaid. I cannot make heads and tails of the site - upgrades, downgrades, nonsensical postings, and non-payments are just too much for me. I would not want to go that low to beg for my money. I can earn elsewhere and still keep my dignity intact. My one cent.... smile

1. Good Guy profile image82
        Good Guyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

csmiravite-blogs,

I agree with you.

2. Good Guy profile image82

csmiravite-blogs,

I agree with you.

I just saw Candlelight,  a while ago in another site. The B is losing their best writers real fast.  Whew....

1. prbradshaw profile image68
            prbradshawposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if this would be against any of HubPages rules or not, but what would you suggest are some alternatives to "B"?  It seems if you are posting short, quality articles you can make a decent amount, when the site is up ;-)
            It would be interesting to know other sites Hubbers are using to make money though writing.

Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It depends what you mean by decent money.   Yes you can make money fast on Bubblews, but the technique requires you to write a little, then like and comment a lot, which is time-consuming.  So if you work out your hourly rate, it's fairly pitiful.  You can do the same thing on WebAnswers. 

The difference between HubPages and Bubblews is that here, you're writing for the longer term.  Your Hub won't earn much at first, but if you've got it right, it will gradually improve and it can go on earning for a long time - I have Hubs which have been published for six years and they're still earning steadily.  One of them has earned around $400 in its lifetime. 

On Bubblews, you're writing short bits of fluff which will earn you a few dollars while you're there networking, but they disappear off your profile quickly and long-term earnings are low.

1. jandee profile image79
                jandeeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are so wrong......

Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Would you care to quote some figures?

1. jandee profile image79

I make $3 for a small write of 400 characters(letters)  That is my average and I am working on getting it  higher each post.Some posts from a few months ago are making $5 or more as time goes on.we don't all have the same way of being on there, and  don't all spend so much time as you seem to sugest. If we hadn't had the problems we have I think It would have at least doubled those figures,thanks.

2. Good Guy profile image82

I agree with Marisa.  From my personal experience, I go there specifically to make some easy money, although time consuming.  Just write any nonsense for 400 characters, and I can earn about 70cents each time.  Because of the site's miserable stability, it is always Error 505, almost continually.  So I can't really spend much time there.  It is a touch and go thing, then I go do some other things.  I earn about $50 posting average 2 posts a day, and a total of about 70 posts.  That takes about a month.  I have not been posting for about two weeks already after hitting "Redeem".  Only today I received the confirmation that my money is being processed.  So far so good, I have been paid each time. So I shall continue to write "no-brainers" there.  Well, it is better than not earning the extra 50 monthly.   LOL!

2. jandee profile image79

Strange thing to say ! He is in contact with me daily on bubblews

15. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Bubblews hacks me off with the spam and the downtime - and the rate of pay is not good when you look at the total time spent.

But...

I treat Bubblews with respect.  That is because every post, anywhere on the net, is an example of my output.  I don't want to post sub-standard crap anywhere - not even on Facebook.

Bubblews has given me a writing lift since dark days on HP a year or so ago when I was coming up against a brick wall of QAP. It gave me a place to trial short pieces - a pic and a joke - nothing more.

For me it is useful for feedback.  Did they find that funny?  Did they like my pic?  What works and what doesn't.  These are lessons I am beginning to bring back to my HP content.

It taught me Twitter or got me into the idea.

I have met and interacted with more HP people over there than I ever did here. Have made some new (and genuine) friends.

That is how it works for me.  I am pissed with them for their downtime but glad for another learning experience, and some extra dollars.

And no.  I don't work for them.

1. profile image51
        Gods roomieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How much do you earn there, btw?

Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You get one cent per view.

1. profile image51

Thanks for replying to a newbie. That's great what you said. Btw, how much have you made there actually?

OK.  The figures are no secret.  On Bubblews you get one cent per view, like or comment on your posts.  So you can see on anyone's profile what they have made.

I have spent nearly a year on there, made 835 posts and earned a thousand dollars or so.

As I tried to say in my post above - that is not a good return on time but it IS a good learning and feedback experience.  I am still hopeful of improving what I do and making some income one day.

1. profile image51

That's just great! Btw, how much have you made here on hubpages till now?

I am not prepared to reveal that information.

1. profile image51

So you have made a lot of money here?

16. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

"B" has been redeeming themselves lately. Pun intended.

I'll take a look later and see what's happening there. Thanks for the head's up.

I am here to serve. big_smile

17. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
      LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

Bubblews has improved over time and it is a nice place to pump out your thoughts... I think the combination of HubPages and Bubblews is perfectly wonderful... On the Hub, you must exercise your writing skill and ability which keep you in good writers shape. On the Bubble, you just vent .... it isn't hard to blare out 400 characters... For me, they work well hand in hand...

True, it's so easy to write 400 characters, I have trouble developing an idea in that many words. But if your post gets too long, it's wasted time, nobody reads them, as you can see from the comments. It's a good combo if you write better stuff on other sites and just save Bubblews for those little thoughts that pop into your head. I liked it for that at first, I'm just deciding my direction as far as writing. I stay with metaphysical subjects mostly, and take a lot of courses, so that gets me reading and thinking. Knowledge not shared is wasted, so I try to pass on what I learn. I have a blog, but although it gets a healthy amount of visitors, it never paid well.

18. Pico Triano profile image88
      Pico Trianoposted 9 years ago

I like my time on Bubblews and the money I make there. I don't find it is a very good place for my more serious article writing.

Once a post is off the five most recent or most popular list it drops right off the radar.

I'm pretty new here and hope that Hubpages will be a better place for that work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)