Maddie the Hub-Goddess Declares...

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (73 posts)
  1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

It is a sin to start so many "Is it a sin...?" forum posts, especially where they degenerate into bickering.

Cease and desist, or you'll be struck by lightning (ie rapid shut-down of all those threads).

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awwwwww... I was going to start a thread titled "Is it a sin to sin?"

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only to a sinner, if ya don't believe, ya don't sin. I find it a convenient way to think. I can be a complete prick without fear or remorse.

2. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just knew it hahah

3. profile image0
        IĆ°unnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol.   Nice.

2. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I AGREE

3. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes! It will raise enough dust of personal attacks and indirect hatred. Mark is never a problem, but you really have to understand the way go with the mindset of an atheist as a Christian or otherwise. Above all, "love" rules!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh well, some of them were pretty funny though. But I bow to the Hub-Goddess' will. That is what I call divine intervention. big_smile

2. Kelsey Tallis profile image64
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

*genuflects to your divine presence...*

3. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I am quaking in my wellington boots

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You look it to Cindy.xox

4. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Sheep shagging threads still ok?

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

But...but...

Is it a sin to disobey Maddie?

Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a hub-sin.  No lasting damage to your soul, but you may get kicked out of the Garden of Hubden if you're not careful.

6. Kelsey Tallis profile image64
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

Genuflecting has been disturbed by virulent laughter... sorry.

7. cindyvine profile image69

I have my armour on and can go to battle

8. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Maybe all "sin" threads can move to  the sandpit?

Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The problem is that a lot of them have just turned into personal attacks and general unpleasantness.  Those that are still open can stay open as long as they remain civil and no additional threads are started.

9. profile image0
    IĆ°unnposted 14 years ago

I was actually rather enjoying the concept and I don't typically enjoy the forums.

I haven't read enough of them to see these personal attacks you speak of, but the titles next to each other in the forums made me giggle and repetition with a slight change is a fair comedic device.

I was about to actually post in on Mark's.  Yes, it's a sin not to worship Mark Knowles.  He's fun.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes...Mark has a sense of humour...unlike some.

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I like Mark Knowles, he is a no-bulldust, in ya face, honest and very funny man in my opinion.

11. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Maudie Rudd. Now hush, you tiresome children (lol)

12. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I concur, thank you Maddie smile

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I agree as well, good job Maddie.

14. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

where is fierycj and is he o.k. that thread yesterday was totally out a hand I agree...

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who's? Mark's or mine?

15. profile image0

the one that has been closed.... Fierycj, that encounter between the two of you was upsetting..... people do not want that kinda hatred on here, you two should sort it out as you are both great hubbers.  One religious and one not.... from where I was standing you did not do us any good you do need to apologise..... so does Mark but that is only my opinion.  Take the scarf off it does not suit you... I bought a purple scarf last week for 4 euros, it is a beautiful scarf,I wear it round my neck...... If you are the nice guy I know you are, why act like an idiot...

1. profile image0

I'm acting like an idiot, huh? Cos I stood for myself? Well, you know what, Bren...whatever! I'm starting to get bored in here already.

16. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

The Captain bows to the Goddess of Hubs smile

17. profile image0

you just lowered yourself to other peoples level that is all, this site is for mature people, are you mature????

1. profile image0

Why are you picking me out on this. What about Mark? Didn't he start the whole thing. Gawd, see what I've been talking about. I wont change the pic either. I was only going to have it on for a couple of days at first, but I'm not taking it out now. No way, that would make me the worst sucker of all. And this whole Mark Knowles worship makes me wanna puke. I would soon leave the entire place entirely. You know, let you guys enjoy your sucking up to him.

18. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

It's not worship or sucking Fierycj, it's respect and may I add the same respect I have for your views. Just drop it my friend as it would be a shame to see you leave, you are deep down a good guy so just chill and enjoy the site.

Take care ok !

1. profile image0

that's good advice, badcompany. I appreciate it. I know I'm a good guy. I'm just misunderstood. That's all.

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know that which is why I posted that for you, so please just move on ok. Trust me I  know what I am talking about lol, it's just not worth the trouble mate and you deff have a good heart so do listen and enjoy yourself. I have been there, learnt from it and I moved on and feel better for it, I know you can as well because I see the good guy in you, enjoy yer day !

1. profile image0

You're a true wiseman, badcompany. I just gained a new respect for you.

1. profile image49

Good man, take care and I have faith in you !

1. profile image0

Thanks. I'll listen to my gal, Bren and change the avatar. She's really pissed at me, and she's the last person I want to be pissed at me. She's been a great friend.

1. profile image49

She has and as you see from Cindys comment you have loads of other people on here who support and care about you. You are a good guy and Brens not pissed at you, she's just worried about you. Personally I found your Avatar amusing but that's just me, now just enjoy yerself my friend or you will walk the plank lol smile

19. profile image0

keep it on then, does not make any difference to me.....
      I said you were both wrong, he is older and should know better, but to anyone reading it I must say it was upsetting, You just dont go near him, dont attack him, I have told you before keep your head down and write, you are so good at writing...... I should just mind my own business, I am always being told that so why dont I listen...

20. cindyvine profile image69

Frankly, if a hubber decides to have an avatar with a potty on their head, it is their choice and their business.  Personally, I did not find Fierycj's scarf offensive or something to ridicule.  When I looked through the comments on that thread, he'd arrived and sounded quite chipper.  He was immediately attacked personally and ridiculed for wearing that scarf.  Some people might have found that kind of ridicule and banter funny and gone along with it.  Fierycj did not enjoy being ridiculed and reacted.  The whole scarf thing should have stopped there, but the digs at him got uglier and more personal, so he reacted.  As a bystander, it was unnecessary and uncalled for.  Who cares if the scarf he is wearing is fake or the eye-patch Mark is wearing is fake.  Get over yourselves.  He is not a troll, but a young man who does not enjoy being teased.  Older, more mature people should know better than to continue goading someone like that.  I think there are people who owe him an apology.

1. profile image0

You're probably the smartest woman on HP. At last, someone with some sense! Thanks Cindy.

2. darkside profile image66

You mean the reflection of his sunglasses?

1. profile image48
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. cindyvine profile image69
        cindyvineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jeez, shows you how I studied his avatar lol, always thought it was an eye-patch!

1. darkside profile image66

You want to know something, so did for the first few weeks of him having that avatar. I had to take a closer look, because it had been driving me crazy. When the image is slightly larger you just manage to notice that it's the sunglasses reflecting, and not a patch slapped over his left eye.

http://z.hubpages.com/u/730660_177.jpg

21. profile image0

I spotted your talent first, that is all, Mark upset me so much when I first came on here, because I am religious, and he attacked religious people..... It was my problem, I had to grow up .... we all do, I am not angry with you, just want you to stay as a fellow hubber, and benefit from hub pages, and one day make a film, my forever friend xxxx

22. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Fiery - I am genuinely sorry I upset you to the point where you lost it. I did not expect that strong a reaction. I do actually like you - you have brains are are fun, but I will probably make fun of you again - I only do that to people I like. smile

As for the fake scarf and the Africans - I live in the South of France and all the towns along the French and Italian coastline are teeming with Africans selling fake designer rubbish.

They have been conned into believing they are going to the "promised land" to make a lot of money, and when they get here, they discover they are now indentured servants - and the only way to pay their passage off is to do this. The whole thing is mafia-run, and in Italy - the restaurant owners dare not stop these guys from entering their restaurant and approaching the customers because they know their kitchen will "accidentally" catch fire that same night.

The Poor Chinese immigrants that have been suckered the same way are forced to sell roses and umbrellas the same way.

1. profile image0

Nice story. Could make for a good movie script. I'll look into it. I accept your apology. I'm nice like that. Any more goading from you - I'll strangle you with scarf, Luis V or what not! Lol.

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the spirit, Fiery. I love your passion, but channel it into your creativity.

At the end of the day, it is the problem with talking on the internet - misunderstandings are all too easy. I am sure that if you and Mark were sat drinking a beer, you would have a long and interesting conversation. smile

1. profile image0

I'm sure we would, sufi.

23. profile image0

Can i stop crying now, and get on with my ironing

24. profile image0

i wonder who would pay for the drinks, 50 - 50 maybe

25. cindyvine profile image69

Hey, drinks would be on me!

26. profile image0

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE SELOTAPE THERE TO ME....

27. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

And the mystery continues.......... smile

28. profile image0

Mark become my fan and make it up to a 100 please, I need something to go right today

you are no mystery to me, I have you sussed

How could I refuse ? You have me sussed huh? Oh dear.....

29. profile image0

dont worry about it, I wont tell anyone how to gain your approval, if you dont tell anyone how to gain mine, now start a thread to congratulate me on a 100 fans.... go get it man

lol - I get the feeling I am being manipulated here smile

The accepted way to do that is to start your own thread thanking all your wondeful fans for making you so welcome here on hubpages wink

30. profile image0

well i will say thankyou, but you start it off, I started your thread yesterday for scoring 100..... Think how many more fans I might get if the mighty Mark brings me to everyone's attention... go on i am not manipulating we are just being buddies.. x  kinda scratching each others back, you know.....

31. profile image0

well what about it,  I have approved your  mail or should I say male, speak later, there is a religious person knocking on my door...... my daughter ha ha I have a 101 now

32. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I would like to ask if it is a sin to accept the censoring of creative material and/or content?

33. profile image0

what does that mean exactly....

34. Pearldiver profile image68

Actually.... I'm not that sure it means anything smile  I was just trying to get to 300 posts smile
    Thanks for asking Brenda!! smile

35. profile image0

i wont try to answer it then.... was it you that mentioned a possibility of putting a book together, if so is it on....

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was... And yes I believe it would be a good idea... I think that all the timing was blown away with Hub Challenges etc.

But yes, there are a few of us that would like to explore the idea soon.

36. profile image0

brilliant well dont forget me will you..... xxx

37. cindyvine profile image69

what book?

smile

38. Pearldiver profile image68

"Mountain Men I Have And Have Not Known"

39. cindyvine profile image69

man, you keep intriguing me

Ah But of Course Cindy Mon Cherie, C'est Scorpioness!!!  Aren't we Lovely???? smile

40. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I have only been writing on hubpages for about 9 or 10 days now, and I just want to get a little something off of my chest.

Mark Knowles is, for me, the hubber that I respect the most. The only reason that I am on here, and I bet a few of you are the same, is the prospect of eventually earning a bit from adsense. In terms of inspiration, guidance and pure awe...... Mark Knowles is the one that I have been watching most closely. He also seems to be a helpful man. My aspiration, although easier said than done, is to reach a similar level as him on here.

On the other hand, everybody that I have encountered so far on here has been welcoming, helpful and friendly. I get a really good vibe and community feel. That is with the exception of one individual, fierycj or whatever his name is, who I have found to be incredibly offensive.

I have one message for you 'fiery', if you don't like it here at hubpages, and you have already claimed that as a prince with your own business and car you dont need 'American money', then why are you on an American site publishing hubs? In a nutshell, if you dont like it here and you don't need the money, then why not p*ss off somewhere else and post your inane drivel.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)