Supernatual/Paranormal Occurences prove God is real?!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

A friend and I had a conversation/discussion on this and she believes such occurrences are proof that God is real.

She went on to say:
    If evil spirits are out there, there must be good spirits...like angels God is real.
    Equal and opposite reaction argument.

While I understand her theory or reasoning on one hand on the other I find if anything it proves there's alot out there we do not know or fully understand and it may prove the existence of a higher power- God or otherwise. But it's not definite.

God exists ONLY to those who believe... unless it could be proven and right now it simply can't!

I have had many experiences of a supernatural nature but I already believed in God.

Some people experience the same and it can change their beliefs concerning God while others may experience it and remain atheists.

What do you think?

I would also say these forums are for freedom of speech so those who only aim is to antagonize or bait.... DON'T!

We've already lost a few people who tried to defend themselves

smile

Let's discuss

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think supernatural activity is proof of supernatural existences. I have had experiences with the supernatural prior to and since becoming a Christian. These experiences do not conflict my beliefs, and I cannot attribute them to coincidences.
        Some people fear what they can't define or understand, others refuse to accept what they cannot see as tangible.
        Neat thread, and as always, just my opinion smile Holly

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no theory or reasoning on her part whatsoever. A theory would have required an observation and a test. Reasoning would require she actually thinks.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Super natural, not scientific theory.We dont have the scientific intellignece to test such things.

1. profile image58
          writingmaniac22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes we do have scientific intelligence to apply to this. that is why there are EVP recorders, and many other scietific equipment and ghost hunters that are set out to prove and have proven that ghosts are out there and do exist. spiritually and scientifically.

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Frogpoo!

2. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She does think, thank you very much...We don't need this crap here.

Make your point/ answer the question or say something, constructive or appropriate.

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It all depends on ones perception,now I see god in everything and not only supernatural things.

It was only after a spiritual experience that was I convinced about god, before that an atheist.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As you so astutely pointed out: it's difficult to prove the existence of God to people who can't see. I personally believe very strongly in the Creator, and find it unfathomable that someone can't just LOOK OUTSIDE and see God's hand in it...but that's just me.

As for supernatural occurrences...well, to believers they're proof, and to scientists they're a bit of undigested potato or other such rubbish.

Personally, I believe we are living in a time when God has made it specifically so His existence cannot be proved or disproved. In other words, things are currently as they're meant to be with respect to whether or not we should be able to "prove" that God is there. He wants the ambiguity to achieve a certain goal (which would be off topic here).

Also, I normally don't like to use the word "supernatural" when talking about such things; I believe they are perfectly "natural," and we just don't understand them wink So...I would say I've had "natural experiences that I don't fully understand."

Just my two cents.

5. raemay38 profile image69
      raemay38posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It has not challenged my faith in any way. I have seen things that many may think are ghosts but in essence its a demon.

6. profile image0
      SquigglesMcBeeBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haves seened some verwy strwange tings out dere in da lettuce patch...

7. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it can also be product of brain ...brain is still unexplored largely...

8. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you define the difference between paranormal and supernatural or is is considered the same thing?

I am a psychic medium and I have had mass paranormal experiences and very few others I consider to be supernatural. How does others rate the difference I wonder?

I have had so many experiences that are mystical in nature. Therefore, I know there is a God from first hand experiences'.

If there are angels, ghosts, spirit guides,etc.. then why wouldn't there be a divine maker?

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are both one and the same... imaginary concepts. smile

2. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

What about those spirits which don't want to choose sides ? I mean i want to be half evil and half angel, what will be my case then ?

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i don't believe in ghosts, but i do believe that energies, positive and negative, sort of "accumulate" and manifest themselves in a manner that makes people believe in spirits, etc.

and no, that doesn't indicate that "God is real" or anything, IMO.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

existence of GOD As experiential or phenomenon is difficult to prove, for me, I can feel HIS love for me and HIS presence and it is enough

5. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

Atheist have done a wonderful Job in convincing people that the existence of God cannot be proven.

The truth is that what ever proof that is offered, will not satisfy them for they will not believe and therefore any and all proof is  nullified.

There is an abundance of simple, logical,  proof of the existance of God.

If any decide to doubt his very own existence, what convincing proof can one give to him?

None he is willing to accept.

Can a man believe against his will?
    No!

It is written, "the fool says in his heart there is no God"

For a fool looks within himself and sees God but by his own foolishness  declare opposite.

You may then ask,
    Have you looked each place and every where?
    When and where Did you get rid of Him?

Do you know when and how He became?

Do you know how and when he ceased to be?

If there is one sensible answer to any of these questions, then the one who answered is God himself.

Even the phrase "there is no God" is the epitome of foolishness for it says absolutely nothing and totally self contradictory.     

Yet how many are eager to bask in such a light?
    Many many for their light is in their numbers and darkness will reign in their hearts and souls.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said, kess...and I couldn't agree more. I said it's "difficult to prove God to those who can't see" and that was the best I could put it. You've done a much better job here.

Throughout the history of philosophy one can find beautiful and elegant proofs of the existence of God (the Summa Theologica is a great repository for them). But as I said, I think it's easiest just to look at creation itself.

For me the hard part is not determining if the Creator is there, it's determining what he/she/it is like.

2. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kess:
      What is this god thing you mention?
      Once you have factually defined it for me, pls provide just one (1) of the MANY simple proofs you say you have of "its" exisence.
      CAn ya do that for me?

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would like to see that! lol

1. qwark profile image60
          qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earn:
          Me too..:-)

3. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who are you to call rational people fools?!!!  This whole statement is one of the most foolsih things I have ever heard.  And quite hateful.  I take great offense to your delusional and nonsensical rant.  And you use hate-filled foolish scripture to confirm your delusion.  NONSENSE! DELUSIONAL NONSENSE!!! HATEFUL GARBAGE!!!

6. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

Sa Toya wrote:

Some people experience the same and it can change their beliefs concerning God while others may experience it and remain atheists.

Will:

I've wondered about the same thing. I think a paranormal experience would prove to me that consciousness exists outside the body but whether that proves the existence of God, I don't know. I'd like to have one to see. On second thought, that sounds kind of spooky.

I guess when the curtain falls we'll all find out.

Good thread. Thanks.

7. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

My mother has the gift of foresight.  Rather I should say, I've witnessed her predict the untimely death of people in our community with great accuracy.  Actually within two hours before they pass. But she views this gift as a gift from the devil.  She thinks her foresight is a gateway for evil to come in...  I think she is silly.  I don't think that supernatural/paranormal occurrences prove God is real.  If anything they prove to us that there is another realm out there, a spiritual realm that humans are clueless about. 

Maybe someday we will have the scientific no how to explore that unseen frontier.  I truly think that is a real possibility.

1. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is what I said to my friend.

It proves that there is 'something' out there, that we don't know or fully understand.

I also think some people are able to tap into it more or engage in/with the supernatural.

I have experienced the supernatural much as a child. I have been told I have the gift of 'insight' BUT it comes and goes.

If we don't lose it we lose it!

I find it a little scary as well.

She shouldn't see it as evil or a curse. What if her foresight dealt more with helping other- comfort dealing with grief perhaps.I suppose it's a heavy burden seeing death come, maybe that's why she sees it that way.

1. profile image54

Monsters in the closet or under the bed?

Kind of like "coincidental" events that come and go?

8. Don W profile image83
    Don Wposted 14 years ago

No they don't, for reasons I can't even be bothered to go into.

9. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

Supernatural activity can't even be proven. So how can supernatural activity be proof of anything?

10. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

Different tribes and nationalities have worshipped and celebrated other gods since history began. All lesser gods than the One Almighty God.

Paranormal experiences do NOT make or change my belief in God, but they do teach me that there's an afterlife other than Heaven or hell. There's more convincing proof of an afterlife than there is of God, but one has no effect on the other as far as my beliefs go.

Just my two cents.

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Thousands of years, thousands of hoaxes.. still happening today!
    One of our "Current Affairs" program put another one to air about walls weaping in an Australian home. It took a real scientist less than an hour later to debunk it. No mention of the debunk since.
    It was common household vegetable oil that had been poured into a porous section of the plaster! smile The family house had been occupied by their son who was killed, so naturally being good religionists they reasoned that lying and deceiving people was OK by their god! lol

12. nochance profile image87
    nochanceposted 14 years ago

You cannot prove God. He does not want to be proven. He wants people to have faith in him. I do, but only because he proved himself to me in a time of need.

God doesn't want to meddle in the affairs of humans, he's really not supposed to, he's supposed to let us learn and grow and be stupid on our own. Life is a learning experience, and what you believe is part of what you learn.

I also don't believe supernatural occurrences prove God. They just prove the supernatural. You can have supernatural without God.

1. profile image54

Contradict much?

You can also have neither, which makes much more sense.

13. rytntyt profile image60
    rytntytposted 14 years ago

I think if you require supernatural experiences in order for you to believe in a Higher Power, than you better get busy.  Because there are millions of things that you can look at in this vast world of intelligence (oops theres one right there), that will tell you there couldn't have been anything other than a higher intelligence at work here.  Just take a good look at how our own bodies were put together, how they function, adapt, and regulate.  The nerves, how we cool down, how we heat up, etc.
    The way our eyes work. The fact that we are all energy could tell you something right there..   PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well we know how most of it works, the DNA is a mess, and many scientists are repairing the lousy workmanship, the whole species is prone to psychosis and confuse sub-concious fear of death with a belief in sky fairies, so I would say god as a creator should hand in his tools. smile

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad To bad your dead mother hasn't visited you lately. It would change your mind!

My mother's death is none of your damn business!
          I would advice keeping your psychosis to yourself.

1. Milo McCabe profile image57
            Milo McCabeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow that was creepy! But also incredibly impressive

14. profile image52
    tataycalixtoposted 13 years ago

Many people believe that they are being deceit by their partners, friends,family, co-workers especially the politicians..then it means many people believe in God too? No doubt about it..its a fact..Christians, Moslems, Hindus, etc. God is everywhere..He is doing  His job as a good God...Kudos to our God!!!

15. heart4theword profile image60
    heart4thewordposted 13 years ago

There's so much to say about this subject, and it's time for me to go.  A thought that I always think about, how we were made with a heart that beats, air to breathe, water to keep us alive, and even food to eat.  All of this without literally being plugged into a electrical current, to keep us alive, to keep us charged.  If we lose any one of these commodities of life, we have no life.

16. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

I love how we move cafes and order the same things and meet the same people, don't you earnest?

One of the great things about forums. smile

17. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

G-d is real. G-d is at the center of this debate and many debates. You do not have to see G-d in order to feel the concept of him shape the way we live. G-d is real because the notion of G-d has real consequence to daily life. It is a force of consciousness that affects history and events. So G-d is real. You do not need a supernatural occurence to prove it. Look at the forums. G-d is at the very center of human conversation. It's like G-d is present in tangible form.

18. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

How can something that you can't prove and most people don't believe in be used to prove the existence of something that can't be proved and far too many people believe in?

1. Milo McCabe profile image57
      Milo McCabeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Actually the majority of people have a belief in God

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In your town, maybe.  Worldwide, very, very doubtful.  And even more doubtful that most of those that do believe all believe in your god.

19. Mike Dale profile image61
    Mike Daleposted 10 years ago

Belief is belief and truth is truth. We have no way of knowing the truth of existence of the supernatural or devine, so we're left with belief. Athiets and those of faith both make a factual claim about that which cannot be known at this point in time so, there you have it. Point is, each of you do what feels right to you and leave the other guy to do the same for himself.
    These topics come up all the time and are redundant. Philosophers and theologians have been tackling this for thousands of years. Hubpages isn't going to solve the problem. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)