Ad Direct

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years ago

Google introduced their new AdSense Direct campaign. Does anyone know how this works and is this a good idea. For example I would like to post links to my eBooks. How would I benefit?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just checked my Earnings -> AdSense page and it seems that it is something for selling inventory directly to advertisers. It also says that it is currently only available to publishers and advertisers. So it sounds to me like it is for large businesses.

2. Writer Fox profile image32
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago
    1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Aren't we considered publishers? What are you thoughts about it?

1. Writer Fox profile image32
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In this case, HP is the publisher of the website, and only HP management determines where ad units are placed and through what agencies.  We are writers on the site and content contributors.

LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In other words we as authors/writers (not publishers) cannot use it. Is that correct?

We can't use it personally on HP; but you could on your own sites.

LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clarifying this for me.

3. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 10 years ago

There's an article in Forbes about it, but I didn't grasp totally what it was about. Google keeps a cut (15%), you set the guidelines (what's charged, etc.) and the ads are only temporary (stay up for 90 days).

4. Nadine May profile image73
    Nadine Mayposted 10 years ago

Its took me 2 months to get adsense linked to hubpages, but so far I've never seen any adds from google added on my pages? I see now that you only see how much you earn each month, so I suppose the past month earning will be seen on  a person's adsense account?  The earnings are very little compared to other sites.

You have Google ads on your Hubs.  You don't have the maximum number of ads, and won't until a Hub has at least 100 views.  You should see your daily earnings from the HP Ad Program on your accounts page.  You will need to go to your AdSense account to see what you have earned from your percentage of AdSense ads displayed.

1. Nadine May profile image73
        Nadine Mayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh thanks I did not know that. I still find the energy around adsense (Google) very unfriendly somehow compared to other sites where you just earn through clicks and get paid out through PayPal. Am I to understand that because I'm very new still at hubpages, I might if I'm lucky I only see some earnings after a year or so?

You should be able to earn money immediately. But, you have to earn the minimum amount to have your earnings transferred to PayPal or to your bank from AdSense.  Here is the information for earning money on HubPages:
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/maki … y-HubPages

Thanks for the link I have bookmarked it. I'm not so worried about the earning itself, so long as I see that I get somewhere. Even if I see the cents going up and I might have to keep going until I have at least 100 hubs, in order to make a difference, but I hate the idea that Google only supports lots of activity in terms of how often and how many hubs one can produce in one month. There is life away from the INTERNET! Everything in balance. Thanks for your replies.

5. Nadine May profile image73
    Nadine Mayposted 10 years ago

Very strange I had some earnings last month and  my earnings adsense is active but if I click on the link to Google, its disapproved?  I'm not going to bother with adsense again. Instead  I will from now on publish more articles on other sites where I keep earning from clicks. I like hubpages but I consider it a non-earning site. Sadly so. I feel it will loose writers due to adsense.

You cannot earn from the HP Ad Program unless you have an AdSense account.  You should go to AdSense and find out why you were not approved.  Did you verify your AdSense account and banking information with them?  Did you respond to the PIN verification mailed to you?  Were you ever approved?

Yes to all the questions and I did earn last month...the grand total of around 80 cents I think.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
          Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nadine, You have to be patient for Google to give your pages a good ranking. Sometimes that takes awhile. Many of us earn a good part-time income here. You can too if you do the research on the topics you choose. A lot of keywords just have too much competition for you to do well anywhere. I haven't checked your hubs, but I will right now.

Thank you for your encouraging words Barbara. I'm not a person that gives up so easily, but I do need to report back to our authors on what my experiences are with hub pages. So far I have introduced at least 35 authors to hub-pages and 2 have so far responded by signing up. That was a total disappointment  since I only told them positive things. But I will keep on posting hubs, because I have made that commitment, but I will spread my options by writing for two other sites that seem to earn faster.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)