In your own words, what does this MEAN???

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (51 posts)
  1. Kain 360 profile image92
    Kain 360posted 10 years ago

I'd appreciate it if some of you would state what you think this means in your own words. It can mean several things depending on the circumstance. smile

"The potential does not always transcend into something greater, although it may want to or feel compelled to. You are unaware of the perspective that exists subconsciously and frequently fights with the conscious. Cliche's may sound good on paper, but it does not always take in consideration that the individual perspective, opinions, and desires in one's psyche play a major role in how they will emotionally respond and react. For this reason, I, and a minority of others are inside a labyrinth that we seek to escape and find the truth. Deception and superficiality will not be embraced."

1. profile image0
      RandomCanidaeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The speaker prefers thingz to be interpreted literally, cause pplz aren't truly capable of doing otherwise.

2. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Substance abuse.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
        lorlie6posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yup, one helluva substance.

3. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I lost consciousness two sentences in.

Kain 360posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 10 years ago

There are many variables involved in keeping someone from going beyond their current station. People slap on the slogan, which is always superficial and never gets to the heart of the matter. The human mind is conditioned since birth to fall in line, be regimented and filled with various superstitions and is therefore limited. People oversimplify things and do not give decent examination to the whole person and everything inside and outside of the person that act as impediments. There's more to it than that, but that is close to the heart of what the writer wrote.

Interesting interpretation. You get the idea. smile

1. NateB11 profile image88
        NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Kain. Yes, I could definitely see what was being said in the statement. I think it points to something very fundamental about a lot of people.

Edit: The irony is that many people will read the passage and be disturbed and object to it because their own understanding is superficial and they yearn for the simplistic cliche so that they don't have to do the work of truly understanding themselves and the world; and therein lies humanity's whole problem. It's very tragic if you look at it directly and deeply.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

"The beginning of thoughts in the mind which may not grow any farther. These may be placed as beginnings of phrases on paper, but are not continued from there because the mind cannot complete them. Our minds seem to be inside a labyrinth (maze) and we keep trying to find the 'Exit' so that we can find the truth. Deception and superficiality can not, or will not, be truly accepted by most or everyone."
    That is what I perceive from it.

4. spartucusjones profile image89
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

As much as I would like to be unconscious, people keep trying to interrupt me when I am trying to sleep. Why can't you let me sleep, can't you see that I am tired. I was up late watching that movie with David Bowie, what is it called again? I think it is called Labyrinth. Not sure what it is about, I was only semi conscious during it. Someone kept trying to wake me up. They keep saying that it was important, but that was just a bunch of lies. Lies! I reject all of your lies! Now just let me get some sleep.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years ago

Don't believe everything you see and hear; do your own research and don't follow blindly.

Sounds like political double-speak--many words to say not much of anything, and somewhat contradictory to boot!

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

6. Kain 360 profile image92
    Kain 360posted 10 years ago

Here's another: smile

If the unconventional are to be destroyed in nearly every aspect and be labeled uncanny so be it. Let the unconventional fall into an existence of greater creative and universal significance even if they can barely walk the line that the conventional does so proudly. The unconventional may suppress their emotions, but this often helps their creative minds. It is a double edged sword.

The conventional's ideals are only ideal because their perspectives are corrupt or have an arrogant agenda which is superior to the unconventional in terms of fulfilling subconscious desires . But at least most unconventionals do not not corrupt others and lead a deceptive, unethical, and untrustworthy form. The conventional form may win, but then again, that is a matter of perspective and is often only relevant to their own personal agenda that often destroys others in their path.

1. spartucusjones profile image89
      spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is kind of like in music, the true pioneers quite often don't sell a lot of records but in the end they end up influencing a number of artists with their creativity. Personally I would rather be the Velvet Underground or Big Star than Nickleback. Screw convention and generic crap! It is destroying the music industry and so many other segments of our society.

I agree. Mainstream music is popular, but there is a lot of unknown unconventional creative artists out there that are not popular even though they may have skills etc...

I wrote that by the way lol...

You can definitely interpret the meaning of those sentences in different ways in regards to what they are relevant to whether it be music, people, life etc..

7. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 10 years ago

It's a confusing, overly-wordy, pretentious way of saying "I'm not a sheeple!"

My original post or the one that Spartucusjones replied to?

Because technically, the one can be interpreted  to mean "I am not a pawn." At least part of it can.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Both.  Are these passages written by you, or are they quoting someone else?

Because to me, they sound like a fake guru who knows he can impress people by speaking in overly complex sentences, when in fact his message isn't that profound.

1. profile image0

I Google'd one of them an found a video of someone reading the text. The passage had been divided into short phrases, so it wasn't as easy to notice how wordy the text actually was.

2. Kain 360 profile image92

Yes. I intentionally did not say it was from me originally because I wanted to see how people responded and interpreted it. However, this has nothing to do with religion. Not sure sure why it started in this forum.

1. profile image0

Your thread likely got hijacked; a rather random unlucky occurrence, in this case.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

It sounds like a quasi-religious statement from some con-artist guru, that's probably why people think it's religious.

lol

It's merely a philosophical statement that can apply to many things in life. Conventional minded people vs unconventional minded people. Or can pertain to a way of doing things conventionally vs unconventionally. Sometimes unconventional people are abstract, but may often have extremely creative minds, but may not show their emotions because they are repressed. However, since they are repressed this may lead to inspiration because they use their repressed energy when creating music, art etc...

I could go on about the subconscious desires as well...In short the conventional person may get what they want because they follow stereotypical ideals and do things "by the book." The unconventional person may be more compelled to follow their heart even though they may not get recognition and may not fulfill their subconscious desires.

Haha, I don't know if this makes sense to anyone.....Sometimes I don't understand my mind smile

I think Spartucusjones understands the jist of it.

Many ideas are subjective and do not always have one direct interpretation.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61
                Kiss andTalesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes you tapped into mine, it just reflected who I am. And I expressed it sincerly with my posted answers , but people also posted in sincerty to my answers, they where irritated. I learned something.

3. lorlie6 profile image72
          lorlie6posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, Marissa.

8. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

This is clearly an attempt by the Illuminati to instigate the NWO through the introduction of verbal loops which once energized create an ever expanding vibrational sequence that impinges upon and diametrically apposes eating hot dogs there by denying the majority of Americans the only food that keeps us from declaring WWIII so depopulation can be accomplished in an orderly manner...It is a diabolical conspiracy of the Illuminati to keep all the wieners to them selves...just look at all the wieners in congress and you'll see it;s true.

LMAO

9. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 10 years ago

You must admit there is two sides the heavenly spiritual things of our true God and Father Psalms 83:18 , then there is the dark things of spiritual demonic angels,
    and their agents, you speak of the later, the first is a God of the living he wants us to live ,the last is of eternal death, Satan is the father of death, we have no future with him and his dark world, But our Heavenly Father offers us life in the future the real happiness. It would be worth it  to learn about this for the future, and remember,the God of the living returns life. many look forward to this event found in Act 24:15.

What? It has a spiritual meaning, but is not exactly relevant to god or satan.

You will find that the history of the illuminati has everything to do with the dark side of satan's world, it is  just another department in his world using this title. Many are the entertainers that feed off of success from his contracts.

But do not forget there is a price to pay ! He will ask of your soul and a sacrifice of something or someone you love. That is why the subject is dangerous to dabble in . The end result leads to some kind of death.

How many can you name in the entertainment industry have died mysteriously , or said found drugs very young ,or people who have had tragic deaths in their families, It is more then people know what is going on in the spirit realm. There are limits in life to keep safe and our families safe as victims ,We need to stay close to our loving heavenly father for protection.

10. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

"When we talk to God, we're praying. When God talks to us, we're schizophrenic."

This public domain statement stolen from the internet.

Well that would depend on his communication source, I would say he talks to us all from his letters written by secretaries of men , he does not have to talk to us in person!  For there have been greater men born ,and he never talked directly to them. His word the bible says it all!

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

When I opened my basement door yesterday, I saw this...
        http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/review/black-hole-rescue/blackholestorm_chandra_big.en.jpg
        I stepped through. Would you?

Maybe someone is practing a craft in your home which cause this . Will this benifit your life ! I doubt it. Go to www.jw.org it has a library on the subject. Maybe this will be helpful. Strange and far out things are not the way our Heavenly Father works today. But it is the work of Satan.

1. janesix profile image60
            janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you go to the religion forum if you want to preach.

Because it is not preaching . It is a fact proven. Was he preaching when he mention certain words like God an illuminati ! No he was stating an experience.  And I replied to his question and post .Maybe you would call it preaching that is understood on your part but some one else will understand what the situation is . And I do have a freedom to speak as you do.

1. profile image0

Correction: this so-called "freedom" is as per forum guidelines. Something evey user agreed to before joining HubPages; this isn't some free speech playground. Saw whatever junk ya want, but don't use it to hinder others' ability to communicate. In other words, knock off the spam. =w=

Suggestive diction and repetition are valid argumentative devices and, therefore, can be considered "preaching." Also, it's annoying. STAHP!

2. janesix profile image60
                janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The illuminati post was clearly a joke. I'm sorry you can't see that.

I talk about religion here all the time, but I do it in the appropriate place.

My reply was not to either of you. But since you reply to my post. I listen to you,  but again that is how I answer questions ,Maybe not like you would answer ,But this how I know. And who is to say what is a joke and isn't . You still used the words. I am confused on the statement spam! What here is spam,please inform me?

1. profile image0

Deleted

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would never step into the clothes-dryer when it is set on high.

11. Kiss andTales profile image61

You are right this says danger all over!

12. Kiss andTales profile image61

My answers was on the topic maybe you do not like my answers ,  this is your free will, just as you have posted this statement was also yours. It does not change the truth.

13. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 10 years ago

Thanks, PS and Rochelle!  This thread was getting weird fast-we oughta learn from you who keep it light...whew. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)