What would be the catalyst for you leaving Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (77 posts)
  1. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

I have been thinking about leaving for a while, but I know that in those times I have had something else going on that depresses me a bit. It started when I lost my brother and I began to, somewhat, lose that oomph I had for writing and publishing here.

What about you?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Please DON'T leave Cardisa, you are an INTEGRAL part of HubPages.  WE NEED YOU!
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8580170.jpg

Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks GM, I knew you would tell me not to leave. smile

2. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know how you feel. You just may need a break. We all do at times ,but you do not have to leave, again I am sorry for the lost of your  loved one, nothing could ever take the place he holds in your heart!  You will write because that is your expression ! You are just sad now!  I like your hubs they are very helpful to me. Especially on health and healing, and besides I am use to seeing your name around here, I notice it gone for some days. Hope you will get through this tough time!

I haven't published anything new in a while. The weird thing is, I still write. I write for clients everyday. I have even written hubs for client hubbers. I just don't have that thing that made me want to write fro myself...lol

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61
          The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Write about anything. Write about the traffic these days because of the weather. Write about the weather. Are any of your friends doing anything different or new? New pets, new cars, repairing houses? Or try reading newspapers, novels, etc. They will just trigger your mind to think of other things.

Thanks Examiner smile

You are welcome, after all, we need you here. Just take a break, do not leave, and even if you do not publish just keep in practice writing.

2. That Grrl profile image73
          That Grrlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Everyone needs a break, a change, something fresh. Take a month off, don't write anything (other than client work). You need to get your passion and your NEED to write back. So don't let yourself write for awhile. Wait until the need to write comes back, it will. I go through times of being burnt out too. It just means I've gotten run down from too many commitments, too many things I think I have to do and too many other things going on which are taking too much of my time and energy. You get burnt out and the things you do for yourself, the things you really love tend to suffer for it. So regroup, decide what you want to keep and what you can change or get rid of then start writing again when you really want to, need to write. It is amazing how many great ideas you will get when you are choosing not to write. Keep a list!

3. Genna East profile image83
      Genna Eastposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Many hubbers would miss you if you left, Cardisa.  Sometimes, life bears down on us in ways that are hard or stressful.  I find that taking a break for awhile helps to regain perspective before making any decisions regarding writing on the hub. We never know what waits around the corner, or how we will feel about writing as time passes.   I hope this helps. :-)

Thanks for the encouragement Genna. I know I'll miss some hubbers like you if I left and that is maybe the one thing which keeps me here.

4. gypsumgirl profile image70
      gypsumgirlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I felt the same way you do a while back and basically did what many suggest here...took a little break.  After a few months of not even logging in, I became curious about how my hubs were doing.  I logged back in initially to tool around and see if my stronger hubs were still doing well and weaker ones were still dying slow painful deaths.  After simply looking around, I started to feel a renewed energy.  Since then, I have written a few new hubs.  We'll see how long this lasts, but so far, so good. 

Re: catalyst...I would not "quit" Hubpages until I decide to end my freelance writing career.  I don't know that I would ever take my hubs down and delete them, but I may stop posting new hubs.

I hope you are able to take a short pause and find some renewed energy as I did.  Good luck with it all!  You'll end up doing what's best for you and your situation.  Take care!

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The short answer. I abandoned Squidoo awhile back, but didn't bother to close my account. And they even tossed 25 cents my way a little later on. In other words, why burn bridges for no reason? As pretty much all others have said, simply take a break. smile

Thanks Paradigmsearch.
        What happened to you? You look a little under the weather big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

I don't know. I've already filed a police report.

You look really hard today, like a brick wall big_smile

My search for a new avatar continues. CNN awaits with bated breath.

lol, hope you find a really cool one smile

2. That Grrl profile image73
        That Grrlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't cost a thing to keep an account. I did the same with HubPages. Opened an account when it was still new but only came back and started to write on the site about 3 years after that. big_smile

6. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa, dear lady, so often in times of stress and sorrow we have thoughts hammering away at us that give us reason to believe "this or that" idea may be the solution to what I need to heal, grow and go forward.  Often the right thoughts do come through and make sense -- yet, we must make sure the right path opens for us and that we follow our truth.

I sincerely hope you will not leave HubPages. You are part of the solidity and success that HP needs to survive and be a quality site. 

When I lost my brother, I was so devastated I could not function properly or focus on anything important. It took me a long time to heal. That was in 2007 and I am still healing from the loss of my eldest brother. I finally turned to writing and have a journal full of writings to and about my brother. Each word I wrote was like a tear that helped to heal. Those writings are very personal and may never be published, but, they were my path to healing.

My point is, to hang on, leave your hubs in place, take a break and find yourself, your truths, then decide where your path leads you.

What would be the catalyst to make me leave HubPages?  I cannot say at this time, but there is a current trend that is making me seriously consider leaving. I am just going to bide my time.

Thanks Phyllis. May you and the others are right. Maybe it's a break I need. I have also been thinking of giving freelancing a break as well. Thanks smile

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

You are welcome, Cardisa. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best. I would really miss you if you leave HP. We each have to do what is right for us.

7. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa, I wonder if it would help to remind yourself that you have no obligation to support other Hubbers.   If you suddenly stopped reading and commenting, it wouldn't make a ha'porth of difference to anyone's earnings - theirs or yours! Our success relies on readers from outside HubPages, not on each other.

So if you're feeling that being active in the HubPages community is a chore, not a pleasure, then don't feel guilty about walking away from it.  The whole point of the community is as a place to get away from the isolation and slog of making money online.   If we all stopped reading each other's Hubs it would make virtually no difference to our earnings, so you certainly shouldn't feel guilty or neglectful if you don't have time to do it. 

As for writing Hubs - you have a solid account which will survive quite nicely on its own if you take a break.  Set your comments to vacation setting, and simply ignore it for a while - it will go on earning.

It does sound like you should take a break from the internet completely.  I know it's hard to do!

Thanks Marisa. Maybe I am having some sort of melt down lol. Thanks for the advice smile

8. Suhail and my dog profile image80
      Suhail and my dogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey Cardisa what is going on?

You know I will miss reading your interesting hubs like the one on Korean girls, especially when I am going through all those surgeries to bring myself to the high standards that Korean girls have set.

And I love your Jamaica thread, although I haven't left any comments there.

Hi Suhail, I remember our very interesting conversation..lol Thanks, and please don;t do any plastic surgery, I am sure you are fine the way you are. smile

1. Suhail and my dog profile image80
          Suhail and my dogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And you know what! You are fine the way you are on Hubpages. I am sure there are lots of others who like reading your, well, some sensitively rebellious hubs, like I do.

So many happy returns of thoughts like you have of leaving hubpages and then pushing them out of your life like trash.

9. easylearningweb profile image84
      easylearningwebposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would say to stay and not leave. I have found much joy since I joined HubPages several years ago, It opened new doors up for me and help me have more confidence in my writing. As far as not feeling like writing at times, I can relate. I lost both of my parents into 2012 and after that I went through a transitional year and didn't do as much writing. Now I am setting some bigger goals for myself this year including writing more articles on HubPages.

Sometimes there's just not enough time to devote to writing the articles because of work and other commitments. So there may be weeks or months where no new content is added but as long as you periodically write, and you are passionate about it, success can be yours.

I think HubPages is a great writing community!

Regards,
      Easylearningweb

Sorry to hear about your parents. That must still be fresh wound.  Thank you for the encouragement. smile

10. AMAZING THINKER profile image61
      AMAZING THINKERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I bet you won't leave hp soon! If you wanna leave, don't post it in forums, they won't let you leave.
      Leaving Hubpages may not be a good decision; even if you don't write new hubs, there are other things you can do that will add to your knowledge. It's not like fb that makes you dumber, in fact, I think people get smarter after using hp for a while.
      I think you should start a 21 hubs in 21 days challenge, and finish it! I am thinking of doing the same

No way am I doing a challenge like that. I am not the kind of writer to force myself to write when I don't want to. If I do write something it doesn't come out the way it should. I did a 30/30 challenge once and the hubs were mostly poems to fill the gap between the informative ones. I don't want to do that again.

11. prospectboy profile image86
      prospectboyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can somewhat relate. I haven't published anything on here in nearly 4 months, when I used to write at least once a week. My aunt passed away during Thanksgiving week of 2013. Since then, I haven't had the passion to write on here. The few things I have written have gone into my blog. I don't see myself leaving Hubpages, as I like the site a lot. I do need to get back writing though. Sorry for your loss.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 10 years ago

Quit as in remove all your hubs? OR just stop writing new ones?

Quit sad as in never coming back.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not a wise choice. Even if you want to stop, you should at least leave your hubs up. You may feel like quitting today, what if you regret it tomorrow?

1. Kiss andTales profile image60

This is true Lobobrandon , I expeicened this .

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'd hold on. A year from now, you might be really sorry you left. Leave your hubs and wait until later to make a decision.

I've only written one hub since last July. Sometimes  you just need a break until your mind and heart heals.

3. Mary McShane profile image80
    Mary McShaneposted 10 years ago

Right now, my answer is I wouldn't leave, I'd go dormant for a while. Up to last night, I was ready to throw in the towel. Instead, I wrote a hub about my frustration with the reasons why. I cant' think of leaving this wonderful community of writers who comes to your aid with help, advice and comments on hubs.  I belong to two other online communities and neither comes close to the support and learning I get here.

That is the spirit of the writer. Write about anything.

4. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 10 years ago

I’d miss you if you left. I’ve picked up some good tips from your comments on this forum.

Earning money from writing online may be more difficult now than it was, but HubPages seems more responsive to making improvements that help hubbers than some other sites. I’d say go dormant for a while and then come back after a few months refreshed.

Rather than add any new hubs, why not concentrate on a couple your lowest viewed hubs and make some changes. I’ve been playing around with paragraph order, ad placement, including or excluding amazon capsules, changing photos etc. I’ve been amazed how quickly I can change the fortunes of a “bad” hub into a “middling” one.     

As for the catalyst that would make me leave ….
    There is a rival website that many of us here (used to) write on and earnings are now zero. They won’t allow writers to delete content and their editors amend headings, add unattributed photos without consent etc. etc. (dreadful!)
    roll   roll   roll

Who is this site? Is it the name of a sea creature?

1. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
        Beth Eaglescliffeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Think "balloons" wink

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Are you serious? yikes  I write for that site and have not been over there in a few weeks. I did not know this stuff was going on there. I will have to check my account and see what is happening. Thanks, Beth.

2. Cardisa profile image87

Thanks Beth, I am glad I could be of some help.

I joined Squidoo and Infobarrel but can't seem to write there either. I think something is wrong with me. I have about a dozen unfinished articles on my pc and three on HP.

1. dungeonraider profile image85
        dungeonraiderposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There's nothing wrong with you.  We all get burned out writing for clients or search engines.  Get a circular notebook and write something you want to write about.  Make yourself stay away from the work that online writing is and tend only to projects that are of the utmost importance to your income.

Take a break.  Don't feel pressured to finish anything you write for yourself, just get it started and let the feelings and thoughts out on paper.  I find this very therapeutic, and I've found that getting away from the computer for a time while I'm writing reinvigorates my feelings about writing for others on the computer.

Thank you Dungenraider (love the name lol). I'll take your advice on this. smile

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

I have one more hub I am struggling with, will finish it up, then take a break myself from HP and all other sites I write for. I am tired -- I am really tired, and need to find my path to renewal.

3. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you may be a bit burned out. Are you taking time off? Having holidays? Spending a few days completely away from the internet and your computer? If not, I'd suggest, you really need to.

Away from the internet and my computer? That sounds really strange..jeez, I can;t imagine that. tongue
          I haven't taken a break in a long time. I basically work everyday.

5. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 10 years ago

For me the Related Search ads and the way they break the Shared Revenue Agreement between authors and HP is high on my list + CPM and declining traffic. The related search ads rake off revenue that rightly should be shared with authors.

To tell the truth, I haven't paid much attention to such stuff....lol, so I have no idea that we should be earning money from these ads.

6. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Here is an absolutely brutal farewell video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQ74N8b9Vg

Fortunately, my fondness of HP continues.

7. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

If they deleted my content and called me a fat weasel I would leave. Probably.

1. Kiss andTales profile image60

Well some have been dealt worse under violations.and hubs dropped for publishing, name calling comes from fellow hubbers in forums , enough to say I had enough! But I realize that HP is a learning place to be! also insight to many talented and gifted people. We all have a gift, some people can express it well when others have a problem! We might have negative views to some issues here, But the good is more beneficial .

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

Cardisa my love ! Hey sweety , you know I've always loved you and every single word That we've shared ! It seems many feel the way that you and I do ! I'm sure its this  horrid affliction of poetry for me ! My intelligence doesn't allow me to succeed  at "writing " ......No sweety  t's Hubpages not us, certainly not a multi -talented author as you  , ............Be well my love !....Ed

My Horseback friend, I have been so neglectful of you. I just don't have that same drive anymore. I also find I don't read as much hubs as I used to. I just log in ot check the forums and my account, nothing more. I hope my love for this place returns. smile

9. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Cardisa.....First things first.  I do not want to see you leave.  You are a bright light here and an asset to our site.

I can relate to your feelings.  I have experienced several spans of time when I simply could not conjure up the oomph.  I think it was months, after my husband passed away before I actually got back into the swing of the hub.  There were other times I was fairly inactive for various other reasons.

However, throughout those slumps, it was never my wish to simply leave HP for good.  I always kept the desire and indulged in occasional visits as a reader and commenter.....just to feel a part of the community.

Perhaps this would be the sort of break you need at this time? I hope you can decide on a "temporary" option as you think this through a bit more.

My deepest sympathies to you, Cardisa, on the loss of your brother.  I know the piercing pain of losing a sibling, up close and personal.........Peace & hugs.....Paula

Thanks Paula. smile I have been just signing in to check up on things but still not finding my usual spirit, so to speak. I think you are right, along with everyone else, that I do need a break. Maybe I'm just tired. Thanks and I am sorry for your loss as well. It must be so difficult losing a life partner.

1. fpherj48 profile image60
        fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa......Since we're sharing personal situations here....to clarify, honey, Jim's death was sudden (shocking) and we (myself and our families) were very saddened.  It does not lessen the sadness, but he and I were not life partners.  We married when I was 52 and he was 59......a couple of "oldies but goodies!"   We had 12 very happy years together and I am grateful for this.

However, Cardisa.....in my lifetime.....I have learned that "difficult" is the lesser of numerous unbearable lifelong sheer and utter heartbreak...
        I was widowed at the age of 23, with 2 very young sons, when a car accident took the life of the "Love of my Life"......

My father passed unexpectedly only 18 months later......years later, I lost my sister and dearest friend in life (only sibling) followed by my mother's death, 3 months later. Suddenly my entire birth family had vanished.
        Just to make certain I was sufficiently waltzed to the brink of insanity......we lost my 22 month old grandson, due to to his being suffocated by a drunken 200 pound Uncle,who fell asleep on top of him.  For years after that, I lived in dreaded and constant fear that my son ( the baby's father) could no longer live another moment with the wretched pain.....and do himself in.  Praise all that is holy...I feel we have past that fear, finally. 
        And I would be a shameful Liar if I said that suicide has never ever come to my mind in the past 50 years. 
        We get through all of these atrocities....somehow......just don't ask me how for I don't have answers, Cardisa.  I do know and can tell you in all sincerity....for many many years, but for my precious reasons( with names and birth dates,) to keep me "keepin on"......you and I would have never met.
        sending you hugs...............

We are so far apart yet so many similarities. Normally I would share some of my "darker" moments here but not right now. Lets just say that I have been on the brink of the precipice many times and on the grace of God why I'm alive. Thanks for sharing your story and so glad you are getting past all the pain.

Big hugs ~~

10. Marie Flint profile image73
    Marie Flintposted 10 years ago

The catalyst to leave HP would be a dispensation from God that required me to do something more important. So far, I haven't experienced that, and I'm at a 20-month tenure.

11. William15 profile image87
    William15posted 10 years ago

Guh, at this point it might be a single cashout. I understand the concept of "sunk costs" but I would still like to see something before I left.

12. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 10 years ago

I, for one, will miss you but also know where to find you, sis. I understand what you are saying when you are thinking of leaving. I have pondered this myself for months. I have even tried to publish a few articles to see if I could find my drive once again. Even after taking a year off it is hard to get back into the swing of things again.
    There have been so many changes here that I lost the "creative juices" that use to draw me into its fold. Instead I feel that I have to re-learn everything again and don't feel I have the time to do it.
    If you leave, give it some time before you delete everything. I remember the times Quill left only to come back again. I still miss seeing him under that name.
    I have to agree with the others. Take some time to enjoy a break and shake of the guilt if you think you may have it. You will always have a support club when you decide to come back.
    Thanks for all you help and support you have given me.

Thanks Sis, I know exactly what you went through and know you aren't quite yourself yet. So many people could not be wrong, so am taking a break. I still have some projects to work on for clients so when those are done, I am also taking a break from the internet as suggested.

13. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

If Rolling Stone or SPIN magazine offered me a well paying position on the staff writing about long forgotten heavy metal bands and putting me on the tour bus with some of my favorites (like the kid in "Almost Famous"), or if Entertainment Weekly or Variety offered me a regular gig writing about SyFy Channel shark movies and other B-Movie flotsam....that would be a catalyst for me to stop writing here....

but since neither of those scenarios seem likely to happen anytime soon, y'all are stuck with me. big_smile

lol smile

14. profile image0
    onetouchnewlifeposted 10 years ago

Feels like you're not gaining any readership. That's why I wanted to leave. Until I realized even the smallest number of readers means something tvaluable.

Actually, my traffic is pretty good. I get paid every month and I recently passed half a million views. That's not it. I guess it's hard to explain. It's more like I lost that thing that made me fall in love with HP in the first place.

1. profile image0
        onetouchnewlifeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Boredom?

Nope, not boredom

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
            Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I started thinking about it and it was right after my Dad died last April when I quit wanting to write hubs. I was in the Apprenticeship program and never finished, because I just couldn't write anymore. I'm just starting to think about writing again, but it is still a struggle to get the motivation and to concentrate on it.

Give your heart time to mend even if it takes a few years and then come back. As long as you are earning money, there is no sense in taking down your hubs.

Barbara I was was also in the AP when my brother was murdered. I completed the initial program and was invited to participate in the bonus program but could not. I barely made it.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

You and I came in about the same time, Cardisa, and we have learned a lot and helped others. It seems I have known you a long time. I understand what you mean about the special feeling you had with HP -- I feel it will come back for you even stronger after a break and time to think.  One reason I know that I lost that "oomph" was the mentors I began with who helped me through that first few months. Most of them are gone now, but, I keep in touch with them on other sites. And there are many here who mentor each other, so that special feeling is still here for me with other members -- it is myself, my actual writing that is on a down curve, I think. I will give it a week or so off then see what happens.  I do hope you stay in touch and come back.

3. Suzanne Day profile image93
        Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Maybe leave your hubs up and go do something else for awhile to get your creativity back? Changing tack and a breath of fresh air is probably what is needed. Maybe have a read about other creative stuff you can do on the net and see where it leads. Even I can say (with minimal hubs) that you can regret deleting them later. Very much......

15. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

"What would be the catalyst for you leaving Hubpages?"

As long as they don't pick on my next hub, Son of Armadillo, all is well.

16. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 10 years ago

Hey my  sweet lady !- And another thing !  You my beautiful soul have had a couple of rough years ! On the personal level we have shared some of that here .  Just as we've shared a lot of our souls in writing  .Cardisa , there is soo much more to share as we go on in this literal and cosmic connection in life . Yes? , Hubs has been great for that huh ? I cannot begin to explain the healing benefits of writing , its like somehow I found the friend , the lover , the healer that I always needed in some ways .   I cannot tell you how many times I've thought " I wish I could hug or somehow heal the pains  of  this one or that one here .Including You !   I hope that you always write Cardisa , Here or wherever !  My heart still goes out to the little girl and the grown woman who is Cardisa .   In truth, from the beginning part of my pen has always  been yours my friend  .As is  Part of MY healing ,because of you !  Can you see our connection ?  Luv U  ......Ed

17. dearabbysmom profile image69
    dearabbysmomposted 10 years ago

Personal loss really can affect our passion for writing. I stayed away for over a year after my dad died, but hadn't really made the connection. In time, you'll feel like writing again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)