Do I Really Matter?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (102 posts)
  1. gshumake profile image59
    gshumakeposted 10 years ago

This is the question of the ages.  Many walk on the earth simply existing with no sense if purpose or importance.  Society tells us to buckle down under the weight and pressure of its woes attempting to coerce us into believing that we are simply here to occupy space on the planet, telling us to just go about life filling space and existing.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

We were born with a God-given purpose to fulfill on this celestial globe.  The purpose is simply this: to know God and to be known by Him.  Everything else in life will flow out of this reality.  The reality that we were born with the opportunity to know our creator, and not just knowing, but experiencing Him whom we have known on a continual basis, that is the grandest of purposes.  If we know who we are in Him and who He is in us, the opportunities of experiencing a life totally fulfilled will change the atmosphere around us wherever we go and in whatever we do, for this understanding will birth exploits that will rival history.  To be a people of a greater purpose of reflecting the true nature of someone more awesome than awesome is the highest course of life.  This is our destiny.  This is our purpose.

Do you matter?  Yes!  You matter a great deal.

You matter because through you the world can become a better place to live, for you and I will be used of the Living God to help others know their purpose for being.  We can be used of God to show others the most awesome responsibility on the face of the planet, being the responsibility of representing the true Jesus on the planet and to re-connect others to this reality.  Relationship is key to this process.

So press on to know Him and allow Him to show you who you were truly created to be. When this is done, your life will shine as a beacon in the darkest of nights to shine light on the path to the truest of happinesses.  And others will flock to your light recognizing the spark of the same light that dwells within them.  And that light will only be truly recognized in the reality and acceptance of Who He is.  When He is seen in spirit and truth, not according to religion or according to the dictates of society, He will shine brighter than the sun in the eyes if the beholders.  And as a result, others will have the opportunity to recognize their place in the grand plan of the ages, that is that the kingdom of God will be able to be released upon the earth in the purest of fashions.

Let us arise to our purpose of sons and daughters of God...TODAY!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

2. Dr Lamb profile image52
      Dr Lambposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm happy for you that you found a purpose that helps get you through life without depression. But I have a far greater purpose. My purpose is far more important and pressing and factual for that matter. No blind faith required. But unlike you I understand that what works for me may not work for you so I won't be sharing as you seem content.

gshumakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, Dr. Lamb, I wish you the best in your pursuits.  I must apologize because I meant this to be a Hub post instead of posting it here in discussions.  I do find it interesting, though, that as you know absolutely nothing about me or my faith how you found it completely appropriate to lump me into a specific stereotype of faith people.  No such liberty was taken in anything that was written here.  It was simply a call to those to whom it applies, which obviously does not seem to include you at this time.  Trust me, my faith is FAR from blind and it is because I DO understand what "works" that I wrote this misplaced article.  It was not meant to be a discussion and for that, again, my apologies.  It was just written in the wrong location on my application.  I'll remove it from here and try again to post it as a hub.  As far as your far more important and pressing and factual, non-blind faith purpose......good luck with that.  You have a great day.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image55
          EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's fine, but notice that you used these words I have bolded:

"We were born with a God-given purpose to fulfill on this celestial globe.

The reality that we were born with the opportunity to know our creator...

If we know who we are in Him and who He is in us...

This is our destiny.  This is our purpose."

Had you just written the article to reflect only yourself, there would no problem, but you decided to include everyone, but that is entirely false, as your words only refer to a very small minority of people, and even they might not agree with you.

2. JMcFarland profile image69
          JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This isn't even a stellar hub posting.   It's too short, it's too broad and there are spelling and grammatical errors.  This hub would not be featured,  as is.

No need to attack someone who only had good intentions.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image59
              Righteous Atheistposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awww. Posting god drivel and a CALL TO ACTION! is good intentions? Anyone who questions it is "attacking" them? Wow - you must get "attacked" a lot huh

No, I was accused of attacking someone (by correcting grammatical errors) who claimed to be dyslexic. I didn't know it was wrong. But while sitting around with the dunce hat for seven days, I figured they were right.

I am just defending those who write things, thinking they have the freedom to do so, without attack and criticism, (as I was guilty of,) here on hub pages. (Clearing up my Karma, so to speak.)

Aww. Just defending those being attacked huh? How brave of you. Well done. Defending the religious like that. They should be free to post their religious CALL TO ACTION! without criticism.

Let me get this straight - it is wrong to point out religious drivel? How so?

1. janesix profile image59
                    janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Is it "right" to do it in an insulting manner?

2. JMcFarland profile image69

I was offering constructive feedback for a new hubber.  That post, as is,  would not make it to a featured hub, and I listed why.  I didn't call the person names or insult them.   I critiqued the post they intended to be a hub, and I certainly didn't attack anyone.

me either..but it was called attacking and as I mentioned, I was banned.  Maybe we *should* just let others be! Actually I think it was a good enough post to not be criticized at all.

1. JMcFarland profile image69

I didn't tell someone with an admitted learning disability  that they should learn to read or write, and mock them for misspelling words.    That IS  an attack.  Learning the difference is beneficial. I've only been banned once for twenty four hours and managed to learn the difference between calling a person something and criticizing a post.  Really not difficult.

2. gshumake profile image59

I'm still a little new to using Hubspot.

Not sure how to delete it if it's possible.  Sorry.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image84
          oceansnsunsetsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages GShumake!  I hope this doesn't hamper your experience here, and I appreciate what you wrote.  I think people do matter also, very much.  Wishing you the best. smile  I appreciate your positive attitude, and we could use more of that in the world for sure.

3. Righteous Atheist profile image59

No. No you don't matter at all. I will not be flocking to your "light." Sorry. sad

4. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate the sentiment here. We are all important and do play an integral role in the balance of harmony on this plane. It's unfortunate the use of the term God can cloud the judgment of others so strongly that they can't see past their own preconceived biases far enough to understand how uplifting your comments are. I hope you live to your full potential. smile

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

gshumake: It is my belief that the naysayers, (which really do abound here and throughout the internet,) feel you are forcing them. It is not the message they are rejecting. It is the feeling of being forced to accept it. You were probably wishing to communicate with those of us who are already willing to comprehend your words of great joy. You tried to bring them forth here on these forums which are unfortunately filled with those who do not yet have the "ears to hear…" I mean eyes to read.
    I have the eyes to read.
    and I, for one, thank you.

3. gshumake profile image59

Kathryn, thank you.  I deeply appreciate your words.  Thank you also for understanding my intent, unlike those who would much rather argue, debate, or attempt to correct.  Blessings to you.

Ah - so you are important after all? Good for you. wink

Your sarcastic mockery is beneath you, Righteous Athiest.  You're much better than that.  I encourage you to rise above this childish mockery.

And ~I encourage you to desist with preaching nonsense. Tell you what - you stop preaching nonsense and I will stop making fun of it - deal?

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

As this is meant to be a hub i suggest making it a hub and deleting it here to avoid getting hit by the duplicate filter.

5. gshumake profile image59

I would love to remove it from here, but have not found how.  Please assist me.  Righteous Atheist, just because you don't believe as I do does not make what I say nonsense.  A bigger question is why do you feel the need and the permission to attack it?  Again, you're better than that.  Why the attack?

Pointing out that you are speaking nonsense is an "attack"? Interesting. Maybe you should keep your nonsense to yourself in that case? Do we have a deal? Most religious zealots turn down the deal I offer them and continue to claim that anyone who points out that they are speaking nonsense is "attacking" them, but they will never agree to keep their nonsense to themselves. Why is that?

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

I believe this to be true: (as was stated in the OP)
    'The purpose is simply this: to know God and to be known by Him."
    If you do not agree, just step away from the Forum.
    Why argue?
    WHY?

I am sure the intent was to share a point of view. Sometimes we can just Let It Be a point of view, especially when it is meant to share and communicate something potentially beneficial to all. (Who really cares whether it gets featured etc.)

Those who do not benefit and don't have the ears to hear (eyes to read) should at least offer consideration and respect. It is fair. It is owed. It is justice. It is freedom of speech.
    OKAY?

Nope.  Freedom of speech doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want in an open forum without possibility of dissent.   People will disagree,  and those who do have an equal freedom of speech right to express differing opinions. Especially when the original speech is a call to action for people to fall in line with an ideology. If you don't want people to respond and disagree, post your thoughts somewhere where you can disable or not allow comments.   That place is not on a public forum.

Nope. I will not be respectful of others who would like to do nothing more than share their belief. Well there you have it.
        But, I do not think it is right when dealing with fellow human beings. Just because we are not face to face does not give anyone the right to demean someone else. It wouldn't happen if we were face to face would it?

Why do you equate disrespect with disagreement automatically?

Respecting an individual and their right to believe whatever they want does not mean that I have to agree with them.   You can respect a person and disagree with or criticize their belief.  Some beliefs are ridiculous, although I respect a person's right to have them.  Beliefs cannot be offended.  If people are offended by criticism (criticism,  mind you,  not outright mockery) that is ultimately their choice and their responsibility, not mine.

...well, now we are getting somewhere. What do you disagree
            with exactly / specifically?

I disagree with a person trying to push religious ideologies on others who don't share them.  A person's right to religious freedom stops when it intersects with someone else's freedom to not have religious ideologies.  Passing laws based on one religious dogma impacts the freedom of others who do not share the dogma.

In this specific forum,  it was not about disagreement.  I would have made the same comment to an atheist.  If the original post was intended to be a hub,  it does not adhere to the quality control guidelines due to length and grammatical errors.  I review writing samples in my real job every day.   People don't have to take my advice, but it was meant to be helpful in turning the post into the featured,  qc passed hub it was intended to be.

I would believe the former over the latter… but M. K. Gandhi says to believe a man, so I will believe the former and the latter.
                Thanks.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
                  MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Since you also made hate-speech against lesbian/gay people before and commented that Julie wanted to be a man/had a male spirit/was confused about her gender just pointing out that your post could possibly be considered a back-handed snarky insult.

I mean since you know that she is very beautiful and clearly female without any doubt, you might want to be extra careful with comments like that. I know you didn't mean it like, but it would be a shame to be reported-again-for hate speech. I mean with your history and everything. I don't know how many times you can get banned for personal attacks and hate speech before it becomes permanent and we'd hate to lose such a valuable member of the community for something that is so clearly a misunderstanding.

HAGD Kathryn.

Huh?

7. gshumake profile image59

Lol!!  Righteous Atheist, you're hilarious!!  It's so sad that you think your antagonism, sarcasm, and argumentative spirit are "winning" you any points!  This is not a competition or an opportunity to prove anyone right or wrong.  This was not a "call to action" against you or anyone else for that matter.  The only "call to action" sighted in the document was a call to accept and believe the purpose God has for His own.  That is all.  No argumentative attempts.  No confrontational issues toward you or anyone else.  Just a simple call for those who believe in God to accept His purpose.  However, my friend, you have chosen to turn a simple statement into an argument or debate and then top it off with antagonistic sarcasm.  Why?  This wasn't and isn't directed in any way toward or against you.  Why are you responding this way?  You're not stating opposing views, friend, you're picking a fight.  A fight that was not and is not warranted.  Just sayin.'

1. profile image0
      Mklow1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I see you have met the Hubpages troll. Now you are officially a member of the site. Just don't be dragged into an argument because this is only an attempt to drum up some business. 2nd page, same approach.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The are many ways to happya-sBS
      Drive one too madness by putting one in a round world and ask one to preach into a corner.

3. Righteous Atheist profile image59

I guess I don't really enjoy people asking a question and then not being interested in the answer. My first response was true - you do not matter and I will not be "flocking to your light."

You did want an answer did you? Or did you just want to preach to those who already believe? Go - arise to your purpose! TODAY!

8. gshumake profile image59

Deep. Very deep. Almost Zen like. big_smile

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was wondering. Have you read my post on "Atheists. What should we do about religion?" Its on the front page. I'd like to know your thoughts on that if you wouldn't mind taking the time to look at it.

2. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol

9. gshumake profile image59

RA!  Good to hear from you, my friend.  Just wanted to tell you that I AM interested in what you have to say.  I'm just interested in arguing, fighting, or debating.  As I stated, this was just an attempt to encourage those who believe.  Life happens to all people, believers and non-believers alike.  And there's enough negative stuff we have to deal with.  A word of encouragement can go a long way if allowed to.  As I also mentioned, I'm new to Hub Pages and still am not sure how to rove it from here.  Bit nevertheless here it is.  At any rate, my friend, still good to hear from you.  I mean that sincerely.

10. gshumake profile image59

Oops.  That was supposed to say NOT interested in fighting, arguing, and debating. Sorry.

Ah well this is a discussion forum. Preaching the word of god (or whatever exhortation it was) is going to get some attention from non believers. Divisive beliefs such as you display (them and us) will usually get some negative comments. And as you are not interested in hearing contrary opinions or views, I would think writing a hub instead would be a better approach. There is a button top right entitled "start a hub." big_smile

11. gshumake profile image59

Oh well, my friend.  I have used that button already, so we're good there.  It's unfortunate that you still think I'm not interested in hearing opposing views when I have said repeatedly that I am.  But there is a difference in having an opposing view and picking a fight, arguing, or trying to prove one is right.  It's further unfortunate when you see my views as divisive when they're not.  Ever notice that you're the only one here that seems to think that, my friend?  Ever notice that in all of my comments to you, I've attempted to stay on and to state the purpose for my view while you take it as preaching or divisive?  Doesn't that seem like a one sided fight to you?  My friend, relax.  You CAN just be civil in you "opposing views", can't you?  I think I've tried to be with you.  How 'bout it? smile

OK - lets stick to what I said that you ignored shall we - as ignoring the answer to your question is apparently interested in hearing opposing views. I am not trying to prove any such thing. You asked if you really matter and I answered - no - you matter not one iota. Nor do you have a god given purpose. Nor will I be "flocking to your light." There is no such thing as a god and the very idea that it created the universe and waited 13.8 billion years for us to arise from the primordial soup in order that we may "know god," is rather silly - don't you think?

The divisiveness comes from your claim that you are here to show me something that is "awesome responsibility."

I guess I simply don't like to be preached at. Especially with such a  meaningless  purpose as "knowing god." What does that mean exactly? How are you "shining as a beacon in the darkest of nights."?

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

gshumake

I know some people can not talk without using their hands.
        Try showing us your purpose, without using the word God in it.

12. gshumake profile image59

Lol.  Once again, RA, I was not and am not preaching at YOU.  I'm sorry if YOU felt that way, but I don't know how many times I can voice this.  AGAIN, as I mentioned, this is for those to whom it applies.  If it does not apply to you, it is not and was not meant for you, friend.  And since this is a public forum, am I not allowed to voice my views just like you?  And yet AGAIN, I am not addressing your view as much as the spirit in which you share it.  YOU believe the thought of God to be silly.  I do not.  Just that simple.  And the statement you made that my purpose in this forum is to "show you the light" is contrary to WHAT I SAID these statements was.  Again, public forums do not mean open seasonal personal attacks.  We CAN be civil and disagree.  That's all.  I never once attacked you in my responses.  Just saying.  And to you, Castle, good to meet you.  I appreciate your sentiment.  But tell me, why is God or the thought of God so offensive and threatening?  I've wondered this question for quite a while.  The very ones that want to get rid of God are the first to call upon Him when trouble hits. And again TO BE CLEAR (RA), a I am NOT asking this SOLELY on your response, Castle.  No one was been able to answer that question for me.  And why is it wrong for me to use GOD in my view in a PUBLIC forum?  Just wondering.

These personal Gods cause a a lot of conflicts, how can talk about your Lord without thinking he is the only way for everybody.

I'm first interested in individuals purpose, their Gods is seconary. Think for yourself, don't give your entire soul for a Super Daddy amoug millions of other Gods or blind faith leading to blind faith.

2. Righteous Atheist profile image59

So - you cannot answer my question then? But - you are only preaching to the special ones who already "flock to your light," and when you claim the others will flock - you were not talking about me. And there is nothing divisive about dividing people up? And you think I am making a "personal attack," when I point out that your claims means nothing? Please don't lie about me - god does not exist and I will not be calling on Him when trouble hits. Odd you need to say such a thing and then claim you are not dismissing the atheist opinion. I don't think I will get you to see that your statements are divisive and dismissive.  Feel free to "use GOD," all you like. Probably a good idea to tell us which one you are referring to though. wink

And if you feel like answering my questions - please go ahead and do so. (Not a personal attack.)

13. gshumake profile image59

Fair enough, my friend.  Fair enough.  I truly hope to meet you someday.  Maybe we could have a Starbucks or something if you drink coffee.  Cool?

Sure - and you can show me your light. big_smile

14. Chayot HaKodesh profile image61
    Chayot HaKodeshposted 10 years ago

God has daughters, didn't know that.

15. gshumake profile image59

Boker Tov, Chayot!  Amen to that!

16. gshumake profile image59

Lol, RA!  Naw, it's just coffee, my friend. :-)

17. gshumake profile image59

The Light is always shining.  You have to wanna see it.  I'm just talkin' coffee (though I'm fast becoming a bit more of a tea drinker, myself).

There is no light and you do not see it where I cannot. Odd you don't understand that claiming there is something there that you can see and I cannot is divisive.

You just have to wanna understand. wink

2. EncephaloiDead profile image55
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is just a lame excuse as it is a fallacy and a falsehood. If something is there, a shining Light, then we will all see it if our eyes are working correctly. There is no other way to see something without the use of our eyes. If you claim that you can see things that others cannot see, you are either being dishonest or you are hallucinating and should seek professional help to acquire medication.

18. gshumake profile image59

Ok E-Dead

19. gshumake profile image59

Ok, Dude.

20. profile image0
    Dave36posted 10 years ago

I see the evolution supporters have lost control of their ego's once again, & jumped all over a thread which dared to mention the word god!lol....People pursue money not job fulfillment/job satisfaction...People pursue good looking fit partners, not their soul mate....People's ego's buy & watch things, instead of doing things nowadays....Their ego is pursuing these things as soon as it's aware of them, & it's man's ego that's pursuing the evolution hypothesis....So to get what the guys saying you have to gain control of your own ego, the thing that tempts you to do bad....What the guys saying is basically true, & can be proven....If anyone's interested & wants to know how, just comment back.....I'm not saying your gonna meet your creator, but your'l feel something....It took me around 6/7 months of practice etc, but is easier than it sounds it's just a lengthy process, as at the same time you have to sort every aspect of your life out.(which i'm still doing, by the way).

Funniest comment ever. Love to see science deniers using computers. lol lol

1. profile image0
        Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What's funny is watching people like you commenting all over the place with negative remarks, because you have nothing better to do....I'll be posting something soon to prove what the guy said, so see if your ego can handle it....Don't tell me you don't have a massive ego either, your name says it all.

Prove away sweetie pie. wink So very, very funny to see science deniers using computers. LOL

1. profile image0

How does your ego know i'm a science denier?, science & technology are neutral buddy....It just depends whether or not, there being used/abused by ego's....I'm going to prove it, but you won't try it so won't ever get it....But i'm not proving god exists, & iv'e never read a single page of the bible etc....No i'm gonna prove the ego exists, & people like you are controlled by yours.....I'm going to help you shed your ego, & then your'l find out what your here for....It takes a lot of work & effort, & i doubt whether your up to it but you never know....If you read through these threads/comments etc like i do from a totally neutral position, your'l clearly see the troll battles because other ego's can't handle a different opinion to theirs....As far as religious practice etc, the closest iv'e ever come to that is Zen Buddhism.....None ego people reply with ideas/questions, whereas an ego replies with comments like yours.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
              psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are certainly a punctuation denier.

2. Righteous Atheist profile image59

LOLOL

1. profile image0

Like i said folks: None ego people reply with ideas/questions etc, & ego led people reply with useless/boring off the subject remarks....Which one are you 2?.

Aww - so very funny to watch the science deniers. Their ego is enormous. Odd you feel so comfortable using a computer to spread the hate. LAWL

1. profile image0

Like i said above buddy.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

Dave
              Answer me this

Who on this planet, has a bigger ego than your God (lord Yahweh)?

1. profile image0

Castlepaloma i haven't come on here to fall out with anyone, but i tried to prove a valid point.....When i said the evolution supporters have let their ego's reply for them that was, & still is a valid point.....They say the same old stuff, & never mention/comment on what's posted.....In answer to your question i don't profess to know if a god/creator exists or not, & iv'e never said that i do.....I know for a fact that if you do certain things, & a lot of work/effort good positive things do happen, but it's not as simple as just "cause & effect".....There's still the cause, but the effects come from other sources than the cause would suggest they should come from.....What that source is i don't know, but i know there is one....The only thing iv'e ever practiced is Zen Buddhism, & i still do....Look into that buddy then your'l see where i'm coming from, as i see what religion is: made up by man, made up by man's mind, & with 5 main religions in the world, they can't all be right.

I can see your point about how evolutionist or the religious can get over ego about their views, in which they can not prove their stand without doubts.
                  Some say Buddhism is a religion, I think of it more to be One with Nature, and can flow with that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)