paypal

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Just_Rodney profile image69
    Just_Rodneyposted 10 years ago

I do not use paypal, hence my opting out of hubpages payouts.
    The reason for this not using paypal, is as follows, when I joined paypal, they asked for me to make a payment to them to verify that my wifes account of which I had a card isdued in my name but only linked for deposit and withdrawels.
    Tried to access my paypal monies and found I could not access the monies (i live in south africa). Paypal is in patnership with FNB, and they cannot get me linked to my wifes account. As I am unemployed I cannot open an account!  Google Adsense pays out by check in ZAR rands.
    I have raised this before, and recieved that this is the way Hun Pages pays only to Paypal, take it or leave type of attitude, you cannot change this process. As you now have this fantastic new relationship with Adsense, could you not pay this into my adsense account. I have lost quite a bit of monies true not in UsS dollars but echange rate, well over a thousand rand
    What has happened to my unable to receive my hubpages commisions?

Please answer all my questions. And email me @ rodney.fagan@gmail.com

Thanking you.

Just_Rodney

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's not compulsory to be a member of the HP Earnings program - you can opt out of that and just use Adsense and your own Amazon account, if you wish. 

I don't have any solutions for how to collect any existing Paypal balance, sorry.

Just_Rodneyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why can Hub Pages not pay out like adsense with a check to the hp member?

2. luvtoowrite profile image42
    luvtoowriteposted 10 years ago

Can you not use a pre-paid visa card or something of the like as an account? I thought for sure Paypal had a system that can make funds available by other means. I will try and look into this later. I can see why you are frustrated, not being able to access your funds.

Have tried every avenue, even purchasing goods in the states, but this too comes up a blank the amount is $432.00 which in todays economic climate is not to be sneezed at.
      That is why I have stopped writing for Hubpages, still keep it open to reply to people who send im comments. ESpecialy my EISBEIN! ONION AND GARLIC  SOUP CHICKEN SCHNITZEL AND OTHERS!
      Still like loking at my stats to see where my reader base comes from, and see the amount of traffic vomes from! Besides I do get my Adsense building up!
      Would write for the adsense but it galls me that HP cannot pay out any other way than Paypal.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Please keep this in perspective.   You  have a choice on HubPages. You have a choice to switch off the HP Earnings Program and use Adsense on its own.  And it is possible to earn  good money with Adsense on its own - we all did it for years before the Earnings program came along - so you don't have to feel aggrieved.

The important thing with Adsense is to ensure you make your first paragraph long enough to allow an Adsense ad to appear in the top right hand corner of your Hub, which is one of the most likely to be clicked.

You can also still use your own Amazon account (which pays by cheque).

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

You could spend the balance at an online store that accepts paypal or possibly get a paypal debit card and withdraw it from an ATM.

I have a little trouble understanding why paypal has been such an issue for you when it is full service in South Africa (of course I am not in SA so there may be lots of stuff I do not know about). Are you not able to get a basic bank savings account in your name? 

If you use any bank account at all you should be able to access it by http://www.2checkout.co.za/ even if you cannot get it to link directly?

Youdo not actually realise, that what applies in the States, does not apply to other countries where exchange controls exist.
      Will look at Amason and see if thst wuld work.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have held paypal accounts while in three difference countries tied to bank accounts in those countries, US being the third of these.

2Checkout (or a similar service), shopping online, and opening a non-overdraft savings account are the usual ways around this.  If you tell me why that is impossible I will try and research other solutions.

Or not.  What do I care? I said I don't know specifics about SA but I thought I would try to help.

p.s. the FNB monopoly has ended so you can try other banks to see if they will give you an account http://blog.snapbill.com/paypal-withdra … ican-bank/

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Have you switched off the HP Earnings Program?   Like I said, it's possible to earn well with just Adsense - because if you switch off the Earnings program, you get MORE Adsense ads to compensate.

4. I Am Rosa profile image85
    I Am Rosaposted 10 years ago

Let me see if I understand your original post correctly:

1)  You have HP Earnings that have NOT been paid to you, because you do not have a Paypal account?
    2)  You do not have a Paypal account, because you say Paypal wants you to send them money to verify your account?

Your Paypal issues sound strange.  I think that someone was trying to scam you OR you misunderstood what Paypal was asking of you.  As far as I know, they *never* ask you to give them money.  To set up an account, Paypal will DEPOSIT money into your account 2 or 3 times to make sure the bank account is valid and can accept payments.  NEVER the other way around, even in South Africa.

This is from the PayPal South Africa Help Center: https://www.paypal.com/za/webapps/helpc … &m=SRE

If you're having trouble opening a Paypal account, because you don't have a bank account, the solution is simple:  Have your wife open a Paypal account and attach it to her bank account which you said she has given you access to.  You give HubPages the email address attached to her Paypal account so they can send payments.

As far as I know, HubPages doesn't care who the Paypal account belongs to, they just deposit the money.  After that, Paypal will transfer the funds to whatever bank account is verified.

You can easily keep track of your earnings and deposits with Paypal and as long as you have the right tax information with HubPages, this should solve your problem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)