Query About Photo Library

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 10 years ago

Hi all,

Just a few questions about the photo library we all have on Hubpages.

1. I like to use line dividers in my hubs. In order to insert the line divider I use, I need to scroll past two years worth of photos to reach it. Is there a quicker way to access the photos you need? (Apart from scrolling to "oldest" and finding it from there?)

2. In the photo library, it says you can have albums. Yet I can't see how to create the albums or move photos into them. How is this done?

3. If you delete photos from the photo library, do the photos disappear from your hubs?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Creating an album specifically for dividers is probably the best way to solve your problem.  To put a photo into an album just click on the "choose an album" text below the photo on the my photos page and either pick an existing album, or type in the name of a new album. 

Deleting a photo on the my photos page does not remove it from Hubs, it just removes it from your "my photos" library.  So, I suppose deleting everything but your dividers would be another solution.

Just in case you aren't aware, we recommend against using dividers in hubs.

Suzanne Dayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul, this clarifies things for me a bit. Now to tidy up a photo library!

2. Gemini Fox profile image85
        Gemini Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I've tried creating photo albums before and can't get it to work.  I assume that after creating an album you should be able to insert that album name in the search box in the upper right and have all photos in that album appear.  I keep getting "No Photos Found".  In fact, just tried to sort all the photos by the newest/oldest pull down and got the same result . . . ?

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bah!  I don't have any objection to seeing dividers when I am reading.  They often give a much clearer and cleaner break between differing aspects to the topic, much more so than a photo, which may apply to either section of the article, and IMO, is not such a 'clean' division.

2. Suzanne Day profile image94

Just another related question - regarding line dividers - is the reason Hubpages not recommending line dividers because they interfere with SEO? Would be interested to find out if line dividers cause any issues with traffic or SEO....as I'm a big fan of line dividers and just want to know if I am adversely affecting my own hubs!

1. Gemini Fox profile image85

I had this question awhile back as I like to use dividers too - was told it comes up as a "tip" (to not use them) but don't know how it affects SEO though . . .

Are you getting your photo albums to work?

Not really, I also had the "album" trouble. So I am happy with deleting the photos in the album while they stay on the hubs (I have copies anyway). Keen to find out if line dividers are an SEO issue....

1. Gemini Fox profile image85

How would dividers affect SEO though?  They don't/shouldn't have links and that's what would affect SEO isn't it?  Just a guess here!

Maybe in the source code, the repeated jpg name could interfere with content....just guessing at this point. HP don't want line dividers, but I'd love to find out the reason why, so I know whether to use them or not (readers find them very useful).

1. Writer Fox profile image32
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I use page dividers a lot.  They won't prevent your Hub from being featured, but you may get a 'Style Tip' warning.

3. Suzanne Day profile image94

*Bump*

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)