An inspirational quote

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (41 posts)
  1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

I would love to hear a good inspirational  quote from my fellow hubbers to  build up my confidence.  Please share some fine quotes which will motivate anyone running low  due to bad performance or on the verge of failure. Hurry up please.

1. sallybea profile image93
      sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I like this one
      The past is a ghost, the future a dream. All we ever have is now. –Bill Cosby

2. Billie Kelpin profile image85
      Billie Kelpinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dear Sunikunnoth,

I'm assuming you mean inspiration for life and not for hubpages because, my goodness, your score is 100! 

I've used several inspirational quotes to get me through very heart-wrentching life situations which I'll list below.  Following that, I'm posting my favorite, favorite humorous movie clip which is brilliant in that it contains a great deal of wisdom about letting go.

My favorite quotes:
      "He who has a 'why' to his existence can bear with almost any 'how'.  Neitzsche
      "I'm not afraid of storms for I'm learning to sail my ship.'  Louisa Mae Alcott
      "Life breaks everyone, and many are strong in the broken places."

Of course the poem, "If," by Kipling is filled with inspirational thoughts.

But for a little comic relief from the stress of striving for perfection is this clip.  I hope you know the movie so that the context of the plot makes it even more meaningful:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9mf3Bypyk8

We're all just walking around not really knowing what we're doing, Suni.  All we can do is hold each others' hands and help each other out. Your articles seem as if that's what you do very well.

Cheers,

Billie

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8798103_f248.jpg

I love that one, I had it saved. smile

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85

That's one of my favorite's too, Beth.  And Beth is my daughter's name also smile Is that your art?  I can't read what's below Lousia Mae Alcott.  Wait a minute does that say "Mae" 'cuz I believe that's her middle name.  Anyway - it's a GREAT quote

1. profile image0

No, it's just something I downloaded a while back... how funny, I never noticed the misspelling. I like inspirational quotes, I use a lot of them for my FB cover pic.

3. profile image0

You can find one on any cat poster, but here's one from the Bible for you. smile
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8798095_f248.jpg

4. Bk42author profile image94
      Bk42authorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The universe is on your side.

5. profile image0
      Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know any inspirational quotes buddy, but i could write an essay on the subject!....Listen to some Joe Rogan Podcasts on utube asap, his stuff on life etc....He's "the" most inspirational person iv'e ever seen, also he talks with some amazing people on his shows.....Give him a chance, & he will inspire you mate. :-)

1. profile image0

He's brutally honest & does swear quite a bit, but his passion for life is clear to see & it does "rub off" on yer....Great man.

6. profile image0

Anyway there's no such thing as failing, all there ever is is: Finding out that what you was learning/trying etc, wasn't isn't for you....Find what you would love to do in life, & you can't fail....So failing is only steering you to that thing, the thing you really want/need in life....So see you failings as learning curves, & never beat yourself up over them (as long as you LEARN from them)....I expect to fail at everything i do in life, until i find the "right" things.....As i find the "right" things, i stop failing at those things & so on.....If your feeling low a lot of the time then get back to basics, your health/fitness/finances etc.....Those are your foundations, & you have to keep them strong....It's like Bruce Lee said: "if your always ready, you don't have to get ready", so you stay strong & fit etc ready for anything....You don't know what's just around the corner, & it might be great you never know....So get ready, & have faith that if you do, it will come. :-)

7. luvtoowrite profile image42
      luvtoowriteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do not rush for God's secret is patience. Everything that is meant to be, will come at the designated time. ~~Leon Brown~~

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

There are websites full of them.  Here's one with pictures!

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topic … ional.html

sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's fine. But I just to hear it from the mouth of my hubbing partners. Anyhow thank you.

2. lbsf1 profile image81
      lbsf1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I like the cut out the middle man approach, haha.

One of my favorites though is this
      "Wealthy men can't live in an island that is encircled by poverty. We all breathe the same air. We must give a chance to everyone, at least a basic chance.

Ayrton Senna"

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 10 years ago

Once You're Round The Bend

by Patience Strong

Something unexpected may be around the bend.

Something to encourage you, a lift, a gift, a friend...

Something that will strengthen you to face the road ahead-

Spurring you along upon the pathway that you tread.

Do not halt or waver. Go forward. Keep straight on.

Even if the reason for confidence is gone-

Just go on believing that things are on the mend.

Life may look quite different, once you're round the bend.

So beautiful. thank you.

2. Billie Kelpin profile image85

Jodah,
      I like that metaphor and the line "Something unexpected MAY be around the bend. It gives it a feeling of truth

4. The Examiner-1 profile image59
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

I have one which I keep next to my computer - Grammarians do it with Verbs!

5. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7574037_f248.jpg

6. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Have you seen this site? Demotivaters? Despair.com

http://www.despair.com/potential.html

7. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

It's all about perspective...

8. Bk42author profile image94
    Bk42authorposted 10 years ago

Begin each day with a grateful heart.

9. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
    -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

sunilkunnoth2012, your best growth will come from the challenge of your perceived failure. The discomfort will not last for long. Do not let temporary transition take away all of your confidence. Peace to you, smile

That is so kind of you. Thank you for the advice.  God bless you.

10. EncephaloiDead profile image54
    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years ago

It is better to build a boy than mend a man.

1. profile image0

i liked that very much.

11. icv profile image53
    icvposted 10 years ago

i had published two hubs containing 102 quotes. Among them I share two quotes

1. As a writer I am attracted to this quote  : “The ink of scholar is more sacred than the blood of a martyr”   - Prophet Muhammad (s)

2. As a practical thinker I like this quote  : “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory “  - Friedrich Engels

Thanks icv for your thought  provoking quotes. I will find your hub on the topic an give a patient reading.

12. Lauren Amy Smith profile image58
    Lauren Amy Smithposted 10 years ago

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence

One of my all time favourites!

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nice Lauren

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60

Great!

3. Billie Kelpin profile image85

Very lovely

13. Hackslap profile image83
    Hackslapposted 10 years ago

Don't ever give up! ..and if you feel something's not working for you .its probably a sign you need to let it go and let something better fall in its place ..All the best!

Indeed helpful. Thank you dear.

14. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 10 years ago
  15. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 10 years ago

Revelation 21:4
    And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes,+ and death will be no more,+ neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.+ The former things have passed away.” Just as death interred the world through one man Adam death will come to its end ,through Jesus who was sent for our cure!  He paid dearly to release all those who will put faith in him and the one who sent him. Psalms 83:18.

16. Ashley Balzer profile image69
    Ashley Balzerposted 10 years ago

I like this one by Thoreau. I think it's especially important for writers, to avoid discouragement if their message is not well received.

"Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate."

1. Jodah profile image91

So true.

17. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 10 years ago

This is my favorite of all quotes ~

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8807314_f248.jpg

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compares to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1. Jodah profile image91

Beautiful quote.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)