Malaysian Flight MH 370

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (42 posts)
  1. thumbi7 profile image62
    thumbi7posted 10 years ago

Feeling terrible thinking about the people in that ill fated plane. Where would MH 370 have disappeared?

1. alexadry profile image94
      alexadryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too. I have been visiting the Malaysian Airlines FB page since the day it never made it to the airport in hopes of some news. It seems a mystery. I often day dream about the plane having landed successfully in some remote area with all the passengers alive who one day will reunite with their families. Imagine the joy. Yet, I'm afraid something also horrible may have happened. Can't imagine what the relatives must be going through, if without even knowing them I feel terrible myself..

thumbi7posted 10 years agoin reply to this

But the hope is waning.....

2. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it's buried and hidden deep down in some shrubs. I heard one speculation that the trees and shrubbery in the area are hundreds of feet tall. Mind-boggling. God bless them all and their families.

3. Alphapx profile image62
      Alphapxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A special military weapon may have been tested to the plane but this is only a speculation or conspiracy theory thing. Or maybe an alien abduction, teleported somewhere from up there to your backyard. Only we can do as Christians is to pray for them.

2. Sam Hawkins profile image60
    Sam Hawkinsposted 10 years ago

Wondering too. I heard that the search has been expanded. I am just feeling for the families and loved ones of the passengers and wondering how they will be coping at this time. Our love goes to them

3. profile image50
    thewernerposted 10 years ago

do not worry there are 8 countries are going to find it

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It took 73 years to locate the wreckage of the Titanic.

1. Alphapx profile image62
        Alphapxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

73 years is long long time. Oh my, I wish it would not go that way.

But everyone knew that Titanic sank. Here we are not getting a closure and that is disturbing.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I honestly think there is no reasonable expectation other than that the plane crashed.  But I understand that family members will hold out irrational hopes until the worst is confirmed.

4. itsaetos profile image60
    itsaetosposted 10 years ago

Yeah, many countries are working on it. But, its been taking so long, I'm starting to think there's another Bermuda Triangle in that area. I don't think it crashed into the sea or was directed somewhere else because sonar tests would detect it if it was underwater and satellite imagery could tell where the plane had been taken. And it seems that the mobile phones of some of the passengers are ringing, so the probability that it crashed into the water is scarce, as the mobile phones would stop working underwater, unless the passengers had Sony Xperia Z. I do not think even an Xperia Z could withstand the shock of crashing at such speeds.

Most won't believe me but I think it could be an alien abduction. Nevermind.

I hope the passengers are all safe.

Some newspapers report that it is unlikely that satellite imagery could capture everything on every area on planet earth.

1. itsaetos profile image60
        itsaetosposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is possible to obtain recent images of earth, any part of the earth, there are over 3000 satellites orbiting the earth and the military can get the live/recent imagery. If it wants to, though.

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If mobile phones are ringing, that means someone is there to hear them and report that fact.  Whereupon we know where the wreck is as well.

That's the problem. Tracking attempts have failed because the signal is too weak.

1. wilderness profile image94

If phones are ringing, then one (or more) cell towers are receiving the signal from the phones.  Meaning that phone is within about 5 miles of the tower(s).  This is all digital, not analog; go to the tower reporting contact and work the search parties out in a giant circle.  Not rocket science.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Experts don't think the phones are actually ringing.  Here's a news article answering some of the common questions people are asking about the crash:
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … MH370.html

Two youngsters have released some photos and videos of the missing airline pilot chatting with them in the cockpit on a previous flight probably in 2011
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -2011.html

2. wilderness profile image94

That was kind of the point; the phones of the passengers aren't ringing at all, just the one placing the call.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

Exactly, so no cell tower is receiving anything from the passengers phones. These are just 'looking for the signal' rings and voicemail (not on the phone) pickups.

That's it.  Nothing of any value, and nothing that even might lead to the plane.

I understand now. Thank you all for your research. Anyways, what do you think must've happened?

The plane crashed.  I really don't think it landed safely somewhere and was whisked out of sight.

3. psycheskinner profile image83

The kind of ringing they are doing occurs with a destroyed phone.  The journalists are doing a bad job of covering that part of the story.

In the absence of debris this could be a difficult search.  The Air France plane lost in the ociean threw up debris and still took over 2 years to find. Add to that they have very little idea exactly where it went down with only primary radar data.

5. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

This makes me think about the Tom Hank's movie 'Cast Away.'

Or maybe Inception, we could all be mass dreaming , lol.

6. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

I am sticking with the "Bermuda Triangle" theory and if that isn't the case, I'll go with the alien abduction or terrorism.

Yeah, me too.

Should we suspect the pilots?
        Please see this link  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -2011.html

Could be possible, you never know. But, I think we would've found out by now. I presume its something unnatural.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As someone else said, an Air France plane crashed into the sea a few years ago and disappeared without trace.   If the water is deep enough searchers may not pick it up.   They only found it when debris surfaced 2 years later.  So there's no reason to think it's unnatural at all.

Personally I don't know why anyone is still saying "hope is fading".  There is no hope by now.  If it had been forced to fly elsewhere by terrorists, they would have issued a demand by now.  If it had been forced to land for any other reason, the pilots would have notified authorities.

There are switches in the cockpit that pilots can press if there's a terrorist attack or other problem, and it takes only seconds to press one of them.  The pilots didn't even have time to do that - which suggests some catastrophic explosion.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I think it is natural to speculate but we should admit we just don't know.  Most likely it crashed somewhere in the area--for an unknown reason.

8. cecileportilla profile image72
    cecileportillaposted 10 years ago

So sad. I feel so bad for those families. Let's hope for a miracle. Now I  Know why I hate flying!

9. angielou123 profile image60
    angielou123posted 10 years ago

very strange, all those people just gone. My thoughts are also with the families. How will they get any closure?

10. married2medicine profile image65
    married2medicineposted 10 years ago

I was so depressed myself.. Especially reading through several articles some few days ago... Is it the relatives??? Don't even attempt to find out their states right now! So so sad

11. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

It looks like some of the debris from the airplane has been spotted:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -them.html

12. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Hopefully this and the rig worker's report will lead to the site of the crash and bring some closure to the search stage of the investigation.

Yes. The anxious relatives may get some answer after five days.

13. Sulabha profile image77
    Sulabhaposted 10 years ago

It's terrible. Hope the passengers survive by some dint of luck.
    This incident again makes us think that train journeys are any time safer.

14. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

Or maybe it was NEVER there like in Sept 11. The passengers NEVER existed.

Now, how did I know that was coming?  But you forgot that the US president planned and executed the abduction of the plane and passengers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)