Freshly published Hub's content entirely stolen

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (73 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Prosperity66posted 10 years ago

Hi smile

Although it's been 6 years that I've been on HubPages I have never had any trouble nor was I active in the forums.

However, on Sunday, I published a fresh Hub and earlier today I've received a very disagreeable email from HubPages stating that my content was duplicate and that, because of this, my Hub was unpublished. I must rewrite it since the content was found else where and am even treatened that I may be banned for good if this happens again.

I have NEVER copied anything on the Internet. Instead, a scraper stole my content and published it else where in its original form including the specific HubPages icons - it's already reported to Blogger where the content was found as well as to NameCheap where the domain was bought.

Here's a link to my Hub and one to the stolen page:

Original:
    http://prosperity66.hubpages.com/hub/Th … els-Sights

Scraped page:
    http://www[dot]travelcloud[dot]me/2014/03/the-most-beautiful-brussels-sights.html

Checked on WHOIS for more info and only found their domain name registrar, they activated the WhoisGuard service and no host to be found ?!? ETA: WebHost is Google since it's a Blogger, although using their own domain name.

Because the content was primarily mine I don't plan on rewriting it - I hate wasting my time especially when I'm not responsible for the problem.

Therefore, my question is: what can I do? I don't know how long it's going to take for the stolen content and the culprit to be taken down nor even if they're going to be taken down.

Should I leave this Hub on HubPages and wait for the content to disappear from search engines or move this Hub to my own sites where it's surely going to have less exposure but where I won't be treatened, nor have my account banned for something I didn't do.

In case you're curious to learn if your own content was stolen, here's a link to the mentioned blog - replace the dots with actual dots

http://www[dot]travelcloud[dot]me

I might not sound positive but right now I feel quite bullied. Especially since I didn't do anything wrong.

Cheers everyone,
    Holly Day.

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have reported it and that's good. It may take a few days for Google to reply. In the meantime, email HP and ask for a manual review. Send them a link to the stolen content. a moderator will scrutinize the copied version and realize that it was stolen, especially if it had any HP markings on it. And, yes, do not remove the hub! Once you have reported it you wait until you hear from Google. If you move the hub to your site the publication date will be after the stolen content and they can claim the right to it and have Google penalize you.

I saw you commented on the page. I hope you went ahead and filed the notice to Blogger.

1. profile image0
        Prosperity66posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a bunch for your reply.

Indeed, I reported to Blogger right away. However, I don't know if this blog is going to be taken down given the huge amount of stolen content and the fact that it's still sitting on Google's index... Unless I'm the very first one to see it ?!?

Didn't plan on removing the Hub now either, I wanted to wait until the duplicate one was taken down but don't want to fight against everyone on Earth nor do I like to waste my time, and publishing on a platform that isn't mine is stressful especially in these circumstances sad

I know how you feel. I fight for my content very often. Maybe this person has been getting away with their stolen content for a while, I'll have to browse around and see if there is any thing there fro me and make a report. the more report Google gets, the faster they work. They may not take down the entire blog, just the page with your content.

1. profile image0

This blog seems to be online for a while and he stole a lot of content from everywhere on the Web...

I know lots of people do fight all the time because of their stolen content, but I do also think that platforms like this one should have filters able to detect the first published page against the thief. Ah well...

This being said, it's now reported to Google as well since their webhost is Google.

Now it's just a matter of time... Wait and see... Hm.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are going to have a problem with this since your Hub is no longer online. There is a cache version on Google that shows it was crawled on March 16 at 20:18:30 GMT.  You might have to provide the URL of the cache version to prove that it is yours. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … mp;ct=clnk

I don't find a cache for the stolen content site, which means that Google hasn't found it yet.

The domain .me is Yugoslavia (Serbia/Montenegro). That domain has been registered since July, 2013, and he uses a private registration service which shields his identity.  Since your Hub was stolen so soon after you published it, he probably follows the HP Topic page and is alerted every time a new Hub is published.

AdSense is used on that website.  Report him to AdSense on this form:
              https://support.google.com/adsense/cont … eport?rd=1

Since your Hub is no longer online, try to find some other content he stole and make the AdSense report about content that can be found.

I do hope you will email the HP staff and get your Hub republished.  The stolen content has things like an Amazon ad (that doesn't work or link to Amazon) and the HP Google map feature which doesn't work either.  These are clear signs that the article was stolen from you. 

If this guy isn't stopped, he will continue to steal articles from HP and the same thing will happen to a lot of other Hubbers.

One other thing:  This happened before to someone else and HP reinstated their Hub, so please email the team:
                http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/112693?page=2

2. profile image0

My Hub is still visible on Google's result page - at least when I search for its content.

Hm... I already filled Google's form about the stolen content should I redo one since I didn't add the cache link to it?

Seems that the domain name was bought from Name Cheap - didn't know that company. But the host is Google as the site is a blogger blog.

I emailed HP staff along with links and the rest. I hope it's just a matter of hours for my Hub to be online so that his host and domain registrar can act.

Then since Cardisa reported some links in another forum, hopefully more Hubbers will report him and his account will end up closed for good. But I wouldn't be surprised to see this undelicate individual get another site and with another name reopen a Google account and keep doing the only thing he seems to be able to do.

NameCheap is a legitimate domain registrar, but it just registers domains and has nothing to do with how the domain is used.

No, don't redo your report to Blogger.  Once is enough, but you will probably get an email back from them asking for more information.  When you receive that, just answer their questions and explain why HP removed the webpage (your Hub).

If you report the guy to AdSense, he'll have less of a reason to do this again because AdSense will not reinstate a plagiarist. Plagiarism is against the AdSense TOS.

1. profile image0

Fingers crossed...

@Dragonfly: it seems his bot was quite active today as I noticed 6 or 7 pages of excerpts of articles stolen just for today...

2. Cardisa profile image87

I alerted a couple more people about their hubs so hopefully this guy will be taken down soon.

1. LCDWriter profile image90
                LCDWriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The entire site seems to be HP articles.  I recognize many of the titles from either HOTD or people that I follow.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Google replies when you report a stolen hub??? They've never contacted me, but most can't be found there anymore.

Yes, I just got a reply to one a few days ago as well. They always reply either way, whether they find reason to remove or not.

2. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your hub is not the only one this guy has copied he has also copied
      Passenger Trains and Railroad Stations In Ohio and
      How to Make Marmalade with Seville Oranges: Easy Recipes both are Hubs on his site. I'm sure there is more content that belongs to Hubpages.
      This guy is stealing everyone should check him out. He should be reported not only to Google but to Hubpages. 
      I'm shocked you were treated like that.

1. profile image0

I reported it to HubPages as well. I've never reported that much in the past.
        When I checked their site - not too many pages because I don't want that site look as popular - I noticed that indeed many pages looked like Hubs hmm
        Not really accustomed to that kind of emails  smile

Don't worry, I posted a new forum alerting hubbers. I am also posting the hubs that were stolen to make it easy for hubbers. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120870

We are going to make sure this site goes down. He has adsense on his site so that will be good. He will lose his account.

3. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Okay. you raised my eyebrow. I am looking now. I discovered a Hub of the Day (HOTD) is there at this link.
      http://www.travelcloud[dot]me/search?updated-max=2014-03-16T05%3A44%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=4#PageNo=5
      sad sad

Please break the link as not to give this guy a backlink. Every good backlink he gets gets him a higher Google rank.

1. LiliMarlene profile image85
          LiliMarleneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Very right! Good hint!

4. profile image0
      dragonflycolorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I found two more:
      http://www[X]travelcloud[X]me/2014/03/what-is-pet-flipping-and-why-is-it[X]html
      http://www[X]travelcloud[X]me/2014/03/getting-divorce-difference-between-at[X]html

1. Everyday Miracles profile image86
        Everyday Miraclesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for letting me know about my stolen hub! I'll be filing DMCA right now!

5. LiliMarlene profile image85

Hey,
      same here. Am on HubPages since 3 or 4 days and have the same problem with my very first article http://hubpages.com/hubtool/edit/3892511
      Since I am a writer and make my living with it I think it is not acceptable that Google disturbs my reputation. And like you I have found out that this website has no address, no e-mail, no contact at all - nothing. For some reasons I think this site belongs to Google. So I will ask my lawyer what chances I have and be very aware what happens to my articles. I am writing in and for the internet since 5 years now and never had a duplicate or a stolen content. This is a crime as there are content rights for writers and you should ask your lawyer as well what to do best. I think just asking to delete their "plagiate" stamp which they put  on my name from their search list is not enough. The articles have to be deleted and Google or this site or both have to pay for that. Don´t you think?

Cheers,
      LiliMarlene

1. Mark Johann profile image61
        Mark Johannposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Google just indexed those websites. I think that website was run by a robot program. The hosting of the site should be informed immediately for a take down notice.

Well, I think the question of the day is: Who is the hosting or who to contact?

2. AOkay12 profile image61
    AOkay12posted 10 years ago

If your content was stolen, I have no doubt that other content posted on that website is stolen.  I tried to find the link to the stolen post, and it looks like it was removed.

3. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

dragonflycolor: Would you please edit your post so that the links to the plagiarist's site are clickable links.  You can put spaces or XXX in them so they don't work.

1. profile image0

will do.

2. Writer Fox profile image31

The two articles dragonflycolor just posted are said to be authored by aaronwong.  There is a Hubber by that name with zero Hubs who follows 10 Topics on HP.  Wonder what that means?

Anyway, the Hub about flipping pets was a Hub of the Day and the plagiarist published it with the copyright of the real Hubber author!

Prosperity66:  That should be enough to convince HP that you aren't the plagiarist!

1. profile image0

There are a lot of "hubbers" who are following many others and have no hubs.  I think they are scammers, phishers, or whatever trying to derive our original content and posting it to their site.  Why else would these people be members for years and continuously follow other hubbers, especially the good ones?  Isn't there a TOS section where you cannot be on HubPages unless you publish at least 1 or 2 hubs?

I think HP needs to do something about how people sign up, follow and post in the forums. We have been calling for something to be done for a long time now but HP has taken no definitive action. the closest the came to doing something is the bot camp for newbies but that still doesn't solve the problem of trolls and spammers.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dragonfly color   maybe it is time HP begins to set more rules with regards to people having to post hubs rather than just joining.

4. LCDWriter profile image90
    LCDWriterposted 10 years ago

I just sent and email to HeatherSays.  Her current hub of the day has been stolen too.  Must have some kind of automated scraper.

5. profile image0

Hoping this didn't happen to too many Hubbers sad

I just took a look at my account and it looks like my Hub was reinstated.

Thanks to the HubPages gang for acting so quickly! I'm stunned!

And thanks to all of you who helped me with this problem.

I don't have to add that I keep in touch with you and will keep you updated on how things go for that awful "guy" (or girl?) and hope that his site will be taken down as soon as possible.

Good news!

Today is a happy day indeed. I know how frustrating it can be having your work plagiarized. Glad HP took action. smile

3. LiliMarlene profile image85

I found out that the whole plagiarizing site is full of articles from HubPages. They even steel the photos. And I do not have any followers yet, because it is my 3rd day here, but they have mine stolen anyway.

4. Everyday Miracles profile image86
      Everyday Miraclesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I filed DMCA against them as well. Chances are it will be down within 48 hours (the entire blog, because it's made up of stolen content).

Thanks for the information. But I also think we need to know who is behind this site so that we can inform our lawyers. Stolen content is a delict that hurts the copyright law and our reputations. Writing is my job and if apply to new writing offers with references to my articles. So they check me and my work out and if they find out plagiarism what shall they think? I will not get the jobs.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with that.   It would very unusual (and stupid) for a thief to publicize their correct name, address, phone, etc.  Whatever information you find is probably false.

Which means you would have to go to court to force the host or IP to give you the information, if even THEY have it.  It simply isn't worth the effort and cost.

There are other ways, though, that will in all probability be more effective in stopping the theft.  Filing DMCA's, preferably with the host.  Filing with Adsense, Amazon or any other advertiser.  Requesting major search engines remove it from their index.

6. dragonflyfla profile image77
    dragonflyflaposted 10 years ago

Hiya:

This happened to me on another site I was posting articles on. There are ways to report it and there is even a HUB on that! I am surprised you didn't receive this link along with your disagreeable email! They shouldn't assumed it was you doing the copying. As for mine, it took a little while but the people running the hub went the steps which included reporting it to google.

Good luck.

7. dragonflyfla profile image77
    dragonflyflaposted 10 years ago

Sorry meant to give you the link to the hub: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

8. profile image0

I also posted about this thief elsewhere for people who wouldn't visit HubPages forums often. Already found some whose content is also sitting on there, so more actions will be taken.

After all, it was a good day smile

9. Joe Cinocca profile image47
    Joe Cinoccaposted 10 years ago

I would give it a few more days and if nothing else happens, try to get it on your own blog so that you are in control of it. Drives me nuts when these things happen and the owners of the site automatically lump you in as a content thief. They treat the spammers equally as the victims. Sorry to hear of this for you.

1. profile image0

HubPages team acted very quickly and republished my Hub within one hour of time.

I must admit that I'm really stunned with the way such matters are dealt with here - I'm not accustomed to such a great support from the staff smile

However if those filters could be set to also make difference between original content and stolen one (using the publishing dates for example) it would be wonderful.

Usually plagiarism checkers only do comparison checks. It's actually up to the person you are filing the complaint with to check the publication date. Nevertheless, I am so happy HP has chipped in to have this guy removed as well. Paul posed on the other thread that HP is assisting. THAT is good news for us because HP does not normally get involved.

1. profile image0

That is wonderful news smile

I wish the teams would assist more and more often as when such things happen, it's not just the writer's reputation that is at risk, but the one of the site as well. I'd rather like to hear that HP is NOT  a heaven for plagiarists and scrapers than the opposite wink

Unfortunately all writers are at risk of being plagiarized and good sites are targets. I am surprised that this is your first experience. Have you been checking your hubs to make sure they aren't stolen? Based on what I've seen, you are a prime target for scrapers who only steal quality articles. smile

1. profile image0

I must admit I only checked my top articles, not all of them - though I didn't publish a lot of articles on HP.

But I've got some stolen on other platforms and these days it's quite hard to have the pages unlocked or republished even when filing against the thieves.

On HP it was the very first time I've had an unpublished page, I should have been more clear when I posted wink

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

I have thought for some time that original publication dates should be placed on hubs.  This would help tremendously when it comes to determining whether hubs have been plagiarized or not.

1. profile image0

It's a good idea, especially since publishing date is already noted in our backoffice smile

10. Mark Johann profile image61
    Mark Johannposted 10 years ago

I fear it might happened to my hubs. I hope not. This is so tiring job taking down pages and so on.

Thanks for sharing this forum. I will follow this forum to have a guide if my hubs would be copied.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It seems to happen to my hubs when they are a couple of years old. They finally get some momentum at Google and then someone copies them.

11. profile image0
    unen-tsogtposted 10 years ago

I would not really worry. Hubpage is very authoritative and trustworthy in Google's eyes. Hub bots search for a duplicate on the web before it is published. So once it is published, it's indexed quite fast (thank Hubpages.com authority and trust). If someone copies your article and publish on their website, then they will automatically harm their website. The most of the websites have very low to none authority and trust. Google prioritise your article on the Hubpage than a copy in an unknown page.
    PS: Hubpages Bots are not perfect, sometimes they cannot differ an original and a copy

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you do not "worry" about stolen content, and force it's removal, you will find that your entire subdomain going downhill in the SERP's and in traffic.  Google does not like duplicates, and seldom cares which one was first.  You WILL be penalized when your content is stole.  Seen it too many times; traffic slowly falls, I find a copy out there and get it removed, and traffic bounces back up. 

Google will absolutely ding you for copies by someone else.

1. profile image0
        unen-tsogtposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The most of the website webmasters don't care about your request. This is the most flustrating part. In terms of duplicate, as long as you cite the resource, you can syndicate 1000's of times. You won't be penalised if you do it correctly smile

1.  It doesn't matter if the webmasters care or not. Their hosting companies will care because it is against the law for them not to respond to a DMCA request and the hosting company will remove sites from their hosting services for plagiarizing content. Also, AdSense cares and it will permanently delete the accounts of plagiarists.

2.  Syndication is something done with an author's permission.  What we are talking about is publishing someone else's content without permission, which is copyright infringement and that is illegal.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Filing a DMCA against someone outside of the US is a waste of time because if you do not live in the US, you do not have to follow its laws.  However, notifying Adsense, HP and Google should help tremendously.

So far, I've always been able to have content removed from sites hosted outside of the US.  Some countries take a little longer than others.  The one that took the longest for me was a site hosted in Australia.  That one took two months but it was finally removed. You do have to use different wording than the standard DMCA, which is only American law.  Are you having problems with a specific country now?

Wilderness and WriterFox already said what I was about to. However, don't you know that you can be penalized for having duplicate content on your website even though your content  was stolen? It doesn't matter how authoritative HP is, if Google finds a bunch of duplicate content here they will penalize the site. Writers must not take a blase(with an accent) attitude towards this kind of thing or nothing will ever get done and the scrapers win. If we sit back and do nothing it may end up that the scrapers remain online with our content while we are booted off because we did nothing.

Can you imagine publishing a hub today and having it stolen hours later? File a complaint and the plagiarist files a counter complaint. You lose and the thief wins. Yes it can happen.

12. Author Cheryl profile image82
    Author Cherylposted 10 years ago

Even if you wait for the content to be removed it may still show in search engines.  I don't understand how someone could steal it if this is the first time you wrote it and published it.  It could only be stolen after it was published.  I don't know how you could deal with this unless you rewrite it.

13. QuestionandAnswer profile image60
    QuestionandAnswerposted 10 years ago

Hey,
    Really sorry to hear about your hub being copied. I have a quick question about this (sorry, I'm new here) - will this impact the views you get on your own hub? I thought that Google penalised copied content, which I can see you've reported. Will it work out worse for them or impact you more? Sorry for the silly question, just genuinely interested.

I hope you get things sorted!

14. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

Thanks for asking the question. It got me busy and I found more of my hubs that were copied.

15. Joe Cinocca profile image47
    Joe Cinoccaposted 10 years ago

This is one of the better forum reads I have seen in a long time. Thanks for all of the useful information, everyone.

16. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

I really do hope that some of the DMCA filed were with Adsense. The good new is, I don;t see any ads on the blog. That could mean that their account has been banned or they removed the ads manually.

Hopefully they have been banned from adsense and I pray that their blog will  be removed soon. There is no doubt in my mind that the bog will be removed but sometimes it takes a few days.

You never file a DMCA request with AdSense.  DMCA requests are only sent to the owner of a website and/or the hosting service. AdSense is neither one.  What you report on the AdSense form are violations of its Terms of Service.

Then why does Google have DMCA notice on their webmaster dashboard? It is a DCMA notice even if it's a violation of their TOS.

What I also meant by filing with Adsense was using the webmaster DMCA form for Adsense violations and not really sending a notice to Adsense.

Again, you have your terms confused.  Google Blogger and Google AdSense are two different things. Blogger is a website and AdSense is an advertising platform. There is no "webmaster DMCA form for Adsense violations."

Here you. go again. I never said Blogger and Adsense are the same roll Do you realize you sound quite condescending? Is that intentional? 

Please refer to form, see Google ads as 4th selection: https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 4905?hl=en

Please refer to form after selecting Google ads: https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … ts=2981967

Again please refer to form and see second selection: https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 67,2981971

I don't know what the big contradiction is about. You can file a DMCA violation to Google ads and as we say "adsense", so long as Google ads are displayed on the page where your content is found. As you can clearly see here, this form says "Infringement Notification for AdWords": https://support.google.com/adwords/cont … dmca=other

You are now going to contradict me about Adsense and Adwords but they are basically the same. Adwords are for advertiser and Adsense for publishers but they fall under the same platform.

This is the wrong advice to give for reporting a DMCA request for plagiarized content.  I posted the correct link to report a Terms of Service violation to AdSense when websites show AdSense ads on plagiarized content:
              http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/120868#post2563102

And this is the correct form to use, which is NOT a DMCA:

You subsequently posted the link I gave on a duplicate thread you started, so you must at least know about that form.

The links you are giving now have to do with copyright/trademark infringement within ads themselves.  For example, if someone were advertising imitation Nikes.

Filing a false DMCA request is a serious matter, which is why Google posts this warning:
              Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a past case (please see http://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/legp … v_diebold/ for more information), a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the fair use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.

On one of the links you gave, if you try to report plagiarized content to AdSense, you will be redirected to the correct form, which has nothing to do with AdSense:
              https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 14905?rd=2

Again, so no one else will be confused:
              Report copyright infringement for plagiarized Hubs on sites Google hosts (such as Blogger/Blogspot) here:
              https://support.google.com/legal/troubl … 14905?rd=2

Report Terms of Service violations for websites which are publishing plagiarized Hubs and displaying AdSense ads here:

roll

17. Marie Flint profile image72
    Marie Flintposted 10 years ago

This is so disheartening. I hope you are able to resolve the problem and your feelings quickly and keep writing. Writer Fox is quite internet savvy, so follow his advice if you feel so inclined to do so. Did you contact the Hub Pages team directly about the problem? They are always very supportive. Take care and blessings!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)