How To Increase Amazon Affiliate Earnings?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 10 years ago

I am not doing that well on Amazon Affiliate earnings at the moment, I only make a couple of sales a month and I have made payout once ($10 giftcard) throughout the year. I would like to heavily increase my earnings, maybe enough to make payout every 2 to 3 months. I have integrated Amazon capsules in a lot of my hubs and I have written some reviews also.

Earning on Amazon is not my strong point and I would like to improve it somehow. What should I do to increase my sales and earnings? I was thinking of writing some reviews on products but I don't know if they will really sell anything. Should I add more capsules? I need some help, please. I am looking forward to your responses and any tips at all would be appreciated. Thank you! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Search the forums and you'll find plenty of advice on how to make sales.   The bottom line is - ask yourself, "what can I offer that will be useful to people reading this Hub?".  Yes, it really is that simple.

For instance, don't waste time trying to sell the finished product, if your Hub is all about helping the reader make something  themselves. Instead, include a capsule for every ingredient or item the reader will need to complete the project.   Align your capsules so they appear right where that ingredient or item is mentioned. So, if you're writing a Hub about how to make your own gift basket, don't put gift baskets in your capsules - put a basket making kit there instead.   

If you're explaining the usefulness of something (e.g. your Healing Crystals Hub), look on Amazon to see if they have relevant products.  Having understood the value of a particular crystal, it's quite likely the reader will want to buy some of it - so have a capsule for each type, next to the explanation.

If you use this strategy, you're going to have Hubs that simply don't lend themselves to using Amazon capsules at all.  That's normal.  But you may be surprised how often you can find a relevant product or two.

2. Helena Ricketts profile image91
      Helena Rickettsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not an expert by any means but I can tell you that the majority of my Amazon income comes from my Hubs and blog entries that present a product as an effective solution to a common problem.

The Amazon listings in my Hubs and blog entries that are in information only do not do that well at all.  For example, I have never made an Amazon sale from a recipe hub, ever.

Another thing that I have discovered that increases my Amazon earnings is to post items that have funny reviews (and there are a LOT of those products on Amazon) onto social networking sites with my affiliate link embedded into the url.  People will click on it to read the reviews and then if they go back to Amazon and purchase anything within the next 30 days, as long as my link was the most recent one they clicked on, I get the commission for those sales.  By doing that, I increase my Amazon sales by an average of 30% and that is the reason why I will not switch over to the HubPages Amazon program.

I also post free Kindle books which does the same thing as the funny reviews.  Amazon always has Kindle books that are free for a limited time which produce a lot of clicks and opportunity for future sales commissions.

Bic Pens for Her is an example of products on there that have REALLY funny reviews that people like to read.  The funny reviews have been trending on the site for quite some time now.

One more thing to remember is to mix it up on the prices of your items.  You want cheap/free products from the site because they make it easier to reach the number of sales required for the next tier on the commission scale.  The higher priced items will obviously bring in the bigger commission dollar amount.  For example, if you sell 100 MP3 downloads at 99 cents and one leather jacket at $200.00, your commission on the jacket will be larger than it would have been had you not offered the MP3 downloads at all and only sold the jacket.  Don't just go for the dolphin because the minnows can turn that dolphin into a whale.  smile   Hopefully that makes sense and will help you make more money with Amazon.

2. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 10 years ago

The best way to ensure you make sales from Amazon is to write about things that people are actively looking to purchase, or about something someone might find interesting and be persuaded about purchasing (for example: someone looking to learn about the civil war through an article you'd written could be likely to purchase civil war related products through an Amazon sales cap somewhere in your article).

Writing about things that cost more will cause you reach the payout threshold faster since you'll be getting a larger slice in commission.

Holiday's do the HP community well, especially those who have lists of gift ideas or reviews and information about things that people are really crazy about at the moment.

3. younghopes profile image69
    younghopesposted 10 years ago

Hi Suzi, You need to write in a way as if you are not selling a product rather you are just giving a general information about it- its merits and demerits. Reader should not think that you are forcing him to believe that yes this is the best. Also, dont add too many capsules in one hub, it might lead to what may be called 'capsule blindness' just like ad blindness. Keep them few but take out time and pick only what you think looks the best esp. if you are writing holiday hubs. Hope this helps a bit

4. Kathleen Odenthal profile image88
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 10 years ago

Successfully making money through Amazon takes patience, knowledge and proper keywords. I have found that when I keep the Amazon items I link in my hubs low price items that relate to my hub, I see better results than when I place high priced items that have a small market. It is also helpful to do some research ahead of publishing your hub so you know what hot items are selling that relate to your hub. If you go this route, keep it updated with different and current items.

5. crazyduck profile image72
    crazyduckposted 10 years ago

I am still new here and I do not use Amazon at all so you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but I know a bit about product placement. I would say, that you should only advertise cheap items under $5 on your hubs and that are relevant as somebody is more willing to buy a cheaper product than a more expensive one - especially through an article. Also place your products next to the relevant content so they know what you are on about and try it for themselves. Finally, make it stand out to your reader. If it blends in then why would they make the extra effort to notice it? Just don't list too many items to make it look spammy or it will draw the customers away.

As I said I am no expert, and I don't use amazon affiliate links on my hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)