What is an average amount of traffic?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (75 posts)
  1. mochirajackson profile image59
    mochirajacksonposted 9 years ago

Hi all,

I've been here a month now and have 20 hubs, but when I read some of the forum posts I am worried that my traffic is low. I have had around 680 views total for all of my 20 hubs which averages about 6 per day for most of them, on average.

I know it takes time to build up traffic and I am enjoying being here, but I just wondered whether or not I am wasting my time if my views are so low. Am I doing anything wrong? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mochira x

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Eric offers some wise advice. Consider the source always with who one compares anything with for performance. Some who have vast traffic were familiar or experts of SEO having websites before writing here. Some spent more time learning than writing. Many experimented. Some to many have many hubs, but only a few produce big numbers. Some have many hubs with little traffic adding up to large numbers. Some are satisfied with what ever their performance is and just write for the love of writing. A strategy you will form in about six months of learning and practicing. Then you will reap greater benefits.

Luck or preparation combined with learning and researching? Some are experts in a field of this or that and gained recognition and stuck to their choice and refined that.

Personally I make use of the CSV file download at the account page. I study that at least every other month looking for trends. There is a book with the title "Build on Your Strengths." Discover the strengths and then do as that book suggests. Traffic will follow.

Your daily views are over 22. That exceeds mine writing only now with hubs over the last 30 days being 18 hubs. My daily average is closer to 16. If you look at my profile you will see I have been here for 3 years. I almost deleted my account and deleted my hubs with that decision because of life changes and for nine months could not be active. I started over on Feb 28.The crux is with all my experience you have topped my performance. Nice! smile

Your score is in the nineties. That reflects a lot including hub profile traffic. A large and/or significant part of that score is generated from traffic. You are dong well for 30 days based on my experiences with observation and performances. Observe, figure stuff out like you are doing, zero in on a something to be an expert of - writing style, a product, a subject, and etc. Get it out beyond HP. Spend some time learning social media and SEO techniques with writing and distribution means. Learning both writing skills and the business skills offers value and worth.

You are doing well mochirajackson in my humble view. Just keep on keeping on. smile

mochirajacksonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

ah, thank you so for tsmog for taking the time to write such a detailed and helpful reply to my question. I will take a look at the book you mentioned. I am glad that you have started over again. I hope you stick around and produce some more hubs. Thanks for the encouragement. :-)

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're doing fine.  As you go on you'll figure out what sort of topic works for you more and more, and you'll figure out why too.

Thanks for the encouragement, Wesman. I'm starting to feel a lot better now. :-)

3. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The last time I computed the average was on February 17, 2014.  Out of 362,472 featured Hubs on the site, the average number of visits per Hub on that day was 3.11.

However, many Hubs get zero visits per day while other Hubs have hundreds and even thousands of visits a day.

Your portfolio of Hubs should have at least 1,000 visits per day to make the $50 minimum payout each month.

Hi Writerfox,

That's really useful information. Thanks for sharing. :-)

1. dailytop10 profile image85
          dailytop10posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think how much we earn does not just depend on the number of visits. The subject of your hubs play a big role as well. I noticed that hubs related to high-paying ads can earn a lot even with low traffic. On the other hand, hubs about quotes and those that can't be directly related to products, often pay less even after gaining huge amounts of traffic.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
            Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wish there were a way to find out which of our Hubs are making the most money, but HP doesn't give us that information.  With AdSense ads, Google will often customize the ad to the searcher's personal history, so ads related to each visitor's known interests will show up on a Hub, no matter what the subject of the Hub is.  Also, when Amazon products are featured, all you really have to do is encourage a visitor to look at a product. Then, Amazon shows the visitor other products he has recently viewed and he just might buy one of those, totally unrelated to the product you featured on a Hub. Statistically, the more viewers you have, the more conversions you will have (ad clicks and product sales). My highest earnings are when I have over 100,000 ad impressions per month, no matter what the CPM is.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
              TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox:  Surely you realize that not many of us here have such high numbers.  Your expertise with SEO definitely plays a large role there, but it takes years to learn what you know, and most people just limp along doing the best they can.  Therefore, their numbers are lower.  Your numbers never cease to amaze me, especially considering that you have so few hubs online at any given time.  I would assume that the hubs that make the most money are those that get the most views, but I may be wrong about that.

2. muzzster profile image74
        muzzsterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WOW! That is a lot of hard work you mentioned there Writer Fox. I have 9 hubs and i get around 35 visits each day. It will take a lot of effort to get there.

3. Nadine May profile image70
        Nadine Mayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for that informative information about the 1000 visits a day. Wow. I see now that you either need about 2 to 3000 followers to reach that, or the title of our post has a great appeal on a global scale!

4. shai77 profile image80
      shai77posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mochira :-)
      I Don't get any traffic from google at all though i have 215 Hubs. I think a lot of them are very good.
      I decided not to add any more hubs, since for me it doesn't worth the effort, money and time.
      What ever you do i hope you have success :-)

Hi Shai77 wow! you have worked hard creating 215 hubs! It's a pity they don't get google traffic but, fingers crossed, they might suddenly start to pick up when you least expect it. I wish you success too x

2. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Shai77, I took a look at your page. I am surprised you aren't earning. There are some good topics there.

5. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, it is low since 6 views per day? Am I right. You better ping your post to increase its rank and share it on social media sites. But during my first month here on Hubpages, I also experience that but after 4-5 months, my traffic started to increase as my hubs no. increases.

With 90+ hubs I only got 250-410 views per day.

Ken   I just recently started getting the higher number you mentioned with 118 hubs and after two years!  I thought that was fairly decent, until I read what you just wrote lol!

1. profile image0

You have read what i have wrote? where and what was that? hahaha
          You are an amazing hubber,plenty of trophies, haha for sure if we are a class here on hubpages you are one of the top in rank. haha

I am just 1 year here and I hope I could increase my views soon

Ken:  I was referring to your number of views after only a year here.  I doubt I'm in the top number of people here who do well, but I give it my best shot!

1. profile image0

thats the spirit! smile

2. Nadine May profile image70

Thanks for that. I have now 60 posts and love being a member of hub pages.

3. Nadine May profile image70

Not at all bad. You made me look at my score and I see 54 views with 60 hubs for today ( which is not yet over!)

6. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When I first started I wrote a few articles and then just left the site altogether.  For some reason after 9 months I looked at it again and saw that I had made a little over 7 dollars!  I thought WOO HOO, you can make money on this site!  So I started writing a lot.  And I was doing pretty well, then came the Panda slaps and I got very discouraged and stopped writing for almost a year.  I was still making payout every month but just barely.  Then about 6 weeks ago I decided to start writing again after my traffic spiked for some reason..and ever since then it's been super duper.  The more my traffic goes up, the more I make, the more I write and on and on it goes.  So, don't give up, take what works and build on that.

2. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 9 years ago

There really isn't any such thing as "average" traffic.  It's dependent on wide array of factors, including the topics you choose.  For example, you're going to have a really hard time ranking for something like How to Get a Flatter Stomach, and no matter how good your Hub is you may not get the traffic you expect.

Averaging six views per Hub per day isn't bad at all when you're first starting out.  Set some goals, put in the time to learn what it takes to bring readers to your page, and never stop trying to improve.

HubPages is definitely worth it if you put in the effort.  And everything is relative.  Whenever I complain about traffic my wife reminds me of how excited I was the first time I got 100 views in a day.  smile 

Edit: After reading this over, I realize there is certainly a statistical "average" traffic number that HP probably knows, but I assumed you weren't meaning it so literally, but rather what level of traffic you ought to expect.  LOL.

Thanks Eric. It's funny how we complain of traffic, isn't it? I guess I should try not to obsess about it too much and get on with writing some more hubs. Yes, I didn't mean it literally, I was just after a general idea of what isn't low or high,  I guess. :-)

3. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Hello mochirajackson.

Monitoring your statistics during the first year as a writer on hp can be likened to watching grass grow, or watching paint dry. I suggest you wait at least 6 months - or even the full year - before trying to figure out trends and where each individual hub will settle in the search engines.

I took a look at your profile page, although I don't have time to look at the structure and style of the hubs themselves, but here's my observations so far.

You are extremely prolific. Not many hubbers create as many hubs as you have in your first 5 weeks.  That's a good start.

Your titles are challenging as far as competition goes, but I won't be surprised if you actually attract high levels of traffic in the future if they are well written.

My advice would be to keep on writing.  If you can maintain your level of activity in hub creation for a few more months, you'll have planted lots of seeds. As they mature, you'll see which ones need attention to help them grow stronger.

Good luck. smile

Thanks Longtimemother (love your username!)

I went in for the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge but only got to 20! Thanks again for the encouragement. Good Luck to you as well.  :-)

4. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

You have to calculate your own averages and watch them over time.  Unless you had a second (or more) humans who wrote exactly like you do, you can't compare practically across different subjects, numbers of Hubs, writing styles, etc.

Your traffic IS going to be low compared to a LOT of others here, because you're just starting.

Thanks Relache,

I guess you're right - everyone is different so there probably isn't an average as such. :-)

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

Statistically there is such a thing as average traffic, but none of us know what it is.

Hi pscheskinner,

I guess it's just one life's mysteries! :-)

6. Kathleen Odenthal profile image88
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

if you focus too much on the traffic, it will drop! its like a watched pot - it never will boil. write from your heart, engage in the forums, and the traffic will come.

it may sound crazy, but its true! when you focus on what you are writing rather than pulling in traffic, you wind up with quality hubs more often than not

Thanks Kathleen,

You do have a point. I initially started writing on here to share my ideas with others because I love to write. It is only recently that I've started to wonder about traffic. I think I should do what you say and try not to let it take over my life!

7. kalinin1158 profile image92
    kalinin1158posted 9 years ago

I think you're doing fine. To give you an example of my stats, today I got a total of 62 views on my 35 hubs. That's 1.8 views per hub. That's not that great but the numbers are really diverse. I have about 10 high-performing hubs that get between 5 and 15 views each a day, and the rest are not really getting any views at all.

Most of my "popular" hubs are older ones, too. I've read somewhere that Google ranks older articles higher than new ones. Good luck to you!

Thanks Kalinin, Good Luck to you too; although it sounds like you're doing great. It's weird because my best performing hub is one that I didn't expect to do well at all and others that I thought would be popular don't get any views.

8. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 9 years ago

It's way too early to tell anything from your numbers. Hubs that get no traffic at all may take off in a few months.

I've seen it happen with hubs that I wrote over a year ago. On the other hand some that zoom up with promising numbers at the beginning may fall flat.

Try not to get too caught up in the day to day ups and downs of your traffic.

Thanks, Sherry. I've learned not to get too worried about it. I've been ill for a few days and haven't checked in until today and so far nothing much has changed so I'm taking that as a good sign.

9. isaacasante profile image84
    isaacasanteposted 9 years ago

It's way too early... I have to say, I'm averaging 150 visits a day. But keep on writing as time goes by and you'll see major changes!

Thanks, isaacasante, sounds like you're doing great. I'll keep writing on a regular basis and build up my hubs.

10. Li Galo profile image76
    Li Galoposted 9 years ago

When I first started out, I had zero to one view a day for a long, long time. I learned SEO and a few layout tricks. I learned to write better. Now, after a year here on HP, I average about 300 a day. This is on the low end compared to others here but I'm happy enough with it. Anyhow, it is improvement... silver linings!

Thanks, Li Galo,
      I'm writing for fun at the moment, but I think I will take your advice, further down the line and check out some SEO basics. Hope you continue to do well x

11. dwelburn profile image91
    dwelburnposted 9 years ago

I'm only averaging about 6 visits per day from each of my 42 hubs (200 - 300 visits per day in total). But one of them regularly gets over 100 per day whilst many get none most days.

Sounds like you're doing great. It's weird how some hubs do some much better than others and often it's those that you didn't expect - that's what I;m finding during my short time here, anyway, x

12. Organised Kaos profile image89
    Organised Kaosposted 9 years ago

SEO is the key and a niche' topic.

Your figures are reasonable, as has been pointed out. Some could even say enviable.

Get writing and worry about traffic once your efforts in SEO bear no fruit. Then there is a reason to wonder about how you're doing compared to everyone else.

Good luck, sounds like you're destined for a positive experience with the trends your hubs are currently showing.

Thanks Organised Kaos,

I've not checked in for a few days as I've been under the weather but I will keep on writing as you've suggested. I will also learn something about SEO as it seems to be working for other people on here. Good luck with yours x

13. joween18 profile image80
    joween18posted 9 years ago

I got 6 featured hubs.. I share them on Facebook, suddenly they got so much views, next day, traffic drops drastically.., Any ideas? It is a little bit frustrating hmm I do not want to share redundant links to Facebook. Another site maybe? Except Twitter and Pinterest..

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The idea is to expose your hubs in such a way that they take off. For example, I had a hub where everyone on Pinterest seemed to like it, so I kept pushing and pushing with Pinterest and eventually it brings its own fans without me lifting a finger.

Some hubs do better on Facebook, some better on Pinterest etc. It's a good idea to put them out there on social media and see if they're liked or not. If not, don't torture yourself over it, just move on to writing another hub, creating backlinks or improving SEO on existing hubs.

Remember that not all hubs are suited to social media. In fact, I'd say that about 1 in every 10 would even be social media worthy on Hubpages.

14. amuno profile image90
    amunoposted 9 years ago

Hub traffic is not clear enough when you start up with Hubpages, but it grows as you get to know your way around.

Most important though, write hubs that are search engine friendly when you want more traffic, and write as many articles. Many hubs will help you learn what sells and what does not.

For reasons unknown to me, one hub may easily fetch hundreds of views a day while others will get zero views during the same period.

Sharing your hubs on social media will help boost viewership in the short run; but viewership will slow down as interest ebbs on your social media platform.

Remember though that on the basis of  a good hub, yours may get a link from a reputable site through a social platform. This will give it a kick with search engines, sending it to the first pages of search.

Keep writing.

15. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

HubPages admin has said that the "average" earnings on the site are $2-$4 per each thousand pageviews.  Some authors Hubs earn more, some less.

I would add here that income does not just come from page views.  They are important, but you can earn as much or more from the ads you place on your posts, assuming that you place them correctly and in a meaningful way.  I heard people say this over and over, but it did not hit home until about three months ago.  I started using Amazon wherever it made sense to do so, and my earnings have increased dramatically.

16. bodyathletics profile image78
    bodyathleticsposted 9 years ago

Yea, SEO is extremely important.  I have about 15 or so hubs hitting 1000 daily visitors total sometimes.

17. bodyathletics profile image78
    bodyathleticsposted 9 years ago

Yea by no means am I an SEO expert, just know the basics.  Didnt do any link building either.  You are correct in that the hubs with the most traffic make the most money.
    SEO doesnt have to take years to learn.  Its just about finding the right information.

18. Callmeishmae1 profile image61
    Callmeishmae1posted 9 years ago

please quit, give up and forget writing forever.

1. robhampton profile image93
      robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Why would you say that?  Here's a little screenshot of what you wish you had. Oh,  and by the way I only have 20 featured hubs.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9023627_f248.jpg

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

robhampton, I wouldn't share my traffic so easily. Someone will steal your highest traffic hubs that way. I had it happen once.

1. robhampton profile image93
          robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't thought of that,  thank you for the input

2. profile image0

Holy cow!!! haha that is huge traffic. Bless you mate!

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
        csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's the kind of stat that I would want to have! Nonetheless, I only started to get busy with HubPages the last two months. Only three to four hubs are continuously bringing in the traffic. I was averaging 75 to 85 views on the first month with 15 hubs. When I increased it to 20 hubs, it averaged to around the same number but managed to reached a hundred plus on some days. That was with 20 featured hubs. I increased the hubs to the present 24, and I am now getting 200+ views per day. For how long? Well, I dunno. The numbers are low and it would probably take me a decade before I reach the $50 payout, but I am happy. I get to say my piece with some groups, and it's flying in the Hubbie cyberspace for all of them to see.  smile

I am thankful with that, since it is more than what I have bargained for. smile

writer_csm

19. Cheeky Kid profile image96
    Cheeky Kidposted 9 years ago

I guess it has something to do with keywords and stuff. I'm not really an expert here (a newbie actually) but I got 1000+ total views already on with my 7 hubs. :3

20. krazzyK profile image70
    krazzyKposted 9 years ago

hello guys.. i'm quite new here.Its been three months and yesterday i posted my second hub which is not yet published(hence being a newbie tongue).Out of the only hub that i have published and featured, my last 30 days page views is 29,547 and the page views on the 'ever' column is 41,713.I'm confused is it good or bad.Well the second hub that i posted has about 10 views in half a day or so without being published.

1. profile image0

that is awesome!!!

1. krazzyK profile image70
        krazzyKposted 9 years agoin reply to this

just curious.. how long have you been here and how much traffic do you get at the moment?

1. profile image0

I only goy 60k+ views in total and 300 -400 plus every day which is pretty low. I have a had niche.

how long have you been here and how many hubs do you have?

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

All those views are your own.  No one sees unpublished Hubs but you.

well yes a part of them are by me.Like about 3 or 4,but the remaining are by the hub hoppers.These are the ones that analyze the hub during the quality assessment process i believe.

21. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

Twenty hubs in a month is really great and  appreciable.  Traffic will eventually grow.  What you need to is concentrate on writing only.  It will improve in six months time.  Meantime, you need to be active in hubbing like asking question, answering question, take part in forum discussion and publishing lot of hubs with a decent text, I mean it should have at least 600 words, some fine photos, etc.etc....I have done a couple of hubs with the sole aim of helping freshers like you.  Please find the same and educate yourself.  Keep on writing. All the best.

22. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

My observation is that traffic will improve naturally after a period of six months and you write above 50 hubs.  You need to do some SEO techniques like sharing it on social media like FB.  Pinterest, Google+ and  Stumbleupon are some other fine option to increase your traffic. Plus, you need to be active in HP forum also. Keep  on writing. All the best.

23. chakravarthyds profile image71
    chakravarthydsposted 9 years ago

I joined three weeks ago. now I have 9 hubs published and total views of 345.
    When I was at 97 (total views) I kept waiting till it reached 100.
    ( You know sometimes Hubpages Traffic stats don't get updated for 8 or 9 hours.)
    After reaching a dream milestone of 100,000 views or more, when you look back, You may find, a newbie hubber's concern about views, trivial. but for new hubbers like us, its quite natural.
    so, try to strike a balance between, topics you are passionate about and getting traffic ( or you may call it SEO).
    That is, find the sub niches or keywords that brings you traffic in your passionate topics, and start writing those articles.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I smiled at your comment about being trivial! Back when I was waiting to reach the 1 million milestone, I was checking my stats page every day too. "Am I going to go over one Tuesday? When is it going to happen?"
      The advice you gave is great. I have a niche I am passionate about. I never have a viral hub, and do not know enough about SEO to make a big difference, but I do write for those readers who are interested in my subject. Search engines recongize that.

Dr. Mark:

You have over one million views and you are complaining about traffic???  I think you should be giving ME advice instead of me giving YOU advice.  I had no idea you have done so well here..and am wishing I could do the same!

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I hope I have never complained about traffic. Do I want it to be even better? Sure. I go on dog forums and YA and leave links, so I hope a lot of people are reading what I have put up there to help them. If people put more thought into the dog they were choosing, and selected a pet that fit their needs (be it shedding less, getting along with kids, or liking their cats) the shelters in the US and other parts of the world would be a lot less crowded.
          And do I think I can get advice from those who have done a lot better (like crazyhorsesghost) and those that have less traffic? Of course. All of the great answers you gave on that traffic forum helped a lot, and it is nice to hear everyone´s opinions of what can help me reach even more dog owners.
          I think your answers help others too. Did you see the hub Solaras published on hiking with your dog? The ad placement was as good as one of your RV hubs.

DrMark1961

Well, I'm glad I was able to help, but I am amazed that with so many views and such success you feel that you need advice!

I only recently caught on to the ad placement thing (I'm a slow learner), and it has really made a difference.  I suspect that if you go back and redo your ads, you will be able to double your income.

Good luck!

24. Rafiq23 profile image86
    Rafiq23posted 9 years ago

I am getting around 110 visitors per day for 32 hubs. I agree with Cheeky Kid that it's all  about keywords selection. So the average traffic is quite low.

25. joween18 profile image80
    joween18posted 9 years ago

I dont really rely on hubpages traffic counter because of its refresh rate, however this past few days my hub's traffic was getting higher.. and probably due to Google, and stuff..

I will use Google Analytics and Webmasters tools instead. I recommend everyone to do this..

And for hubs getting the lowest traffic count, I share them on a facebook group that users can find it interesting..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)