How to make money FAST

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (59 posts)
  1. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

This one works, guaranteed!

Get a job. A real one.

You do a weeks work, they pay you an hourly rate x how many hours you've worked. And then they give that to you in cash or straight into your bank account.

It's amazing!

If on the other hand you want to earn money online you need to be 1) a good writer, 2) understand what people are searching for online.

It takes a while, you won't make a lot of money with just a handful of hubs, and the articles need to be both unique and useful. While you do get to sit on your butt and drink a lot of coffee, it's a matter of patience and persistence.

So if you need to make money fast, you're better off getting a job.

1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am in awe. Of you. And your wonderful idea! Now I know where I'm going wrong. Thanks DS smile

Oh and is that your festive avatar? Maybe just a sprinkle of tinsel tongue

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw a poster up at a music/dvd store yesterday and unfortunately I can't find the same exact image online. This is as close as I can get.

1. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im up for the experience and learning!  Dark side is the Real Obi Wan Kenobi!

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather not if it's all the same to you. wink

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's the conclusion I've come to, Darkside. That's why this is now a hobby and I have a real-world part-time job.

4. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was going to suggest purchasing a printing press, but I don't thing that works any more. big_smile

Far too much work and skill involved.

5. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice avatar, I should go back and teach college students, but I enjoyed writing more...

6. Jeffrey Neal profile image66
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this a scam?
      Mouse is hovering over the report button...wink

7. Cleanclover profile image41
      Cleancloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How about starting the business and creating jobs for others

8. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To demonstrate what a talentede 'trafficker' you are - dont get this wrong, I mean as in SEO - you exemplify one of the rules of attraction that drives traffic... A GREAT TITLE!

I wonder how many of us wouldn't have looked at this post if it said... 'Get money by getting a Job'.

You are such a natural.  *respect*

9. profile image54
      Patronusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely

big_smile

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

Humorous and true at once. Fantastic!

And if people want more money, work 2-3 jobs at once like a lot of us have done for 20+ years. Of course, some bright folks become millionaires...

11. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, though I agree with you for the most part, I work full time from home as a writer. Been doing it for two years and don't regret one minute. Of course 90% of my income is from freelance work. So you can make fast money online, it just depends on what you do and how you do it. Residual income is just that, slowwwww! Your best shot at quick money is freelancing but even that may take a while to get going.

2. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

None of it is easy! Go and find a job nowadays!

1. motricio profile image67
      motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I recently found that most of capable professionals friends have not organized and updated their resumes.
      They think they can't get a job and frustrates themselves.
      But we need to take a look from the out side to see that with a poor resume, the odds go way down.

2. darkside profile image65

You're so right. But if you need a quick $500 don't hit the internets in search for it.

I'm not dissing online entrepreneurship. After all, I'm here trying to lay down a solid foundation. Making money from an online venture is a long term proposition. Something you do with care, planning, the odd bit of experimentation, but not when you're feeling desperate.

3. Bill Manning profile image66
    Bill Manningposted 14 years ago

Actually the fast money online has nothing to do with writing. It's all about your own websites, linking, affiliate programs and marketing.

But since I'm not good with those I'll stick to writing and a bit of the others. smile

4. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

What does the speed of acquisition have to do with anything?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It has a lot to do with it, if you have to eat.

Also you have to do the maths.  If it's going to take a couple of years to build up your online income base to a point where it pays your rent, you've lost two years of real-world income in the meantime.

So that means your online earnings need to pay you a reasonable wage, plus extra to make up for those two years of lost income, to make the hard work worthwhile.

1. OregonWino profile image61
        OregonWinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this concept but you are also learning a skill.  In many ways it is no different then going to school for a degree or certification.  You forgo income now in order to learn the skill you need to increase your income in the future.

2. darkside profile image65

Everything.

And nothing.

Too often complete newbs to online publishing, writing and even the internet want a one-size-fits all answer to how they can make money fast online. They think they can publish a few articles, and they'll be rolling in money. That if they build it, they will come.

If a person needs fast cash, they won't find it online.

5. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

even if you magically find a niche or keyword that brings you immense traffic and related earnings.

1. Its probably not going to last
    2. Your lucky if your advertisers and partners pay you net 30
    3. With some of the bigger paying commissions, the anti-fraud wait can be as long as 60 days before commission locks, than you have to wait for payment time and than wait some more for deposit or check.

I live 3 months ahead of most of my online earnings, even if I see a little online dashboard filling up with digital money I dont expect to feel that cash in my wallet for 3 months, this way I can be happily surprised when its quicker.

For example, i have a couple of Clickbank accounts, in one of the accounts I have had 40 dollars taken away, why? because although I have near 200.00 in commission sales from a  facebook ad campaign I did, I did not yet fulfill there requirement that purchases be made by 5 unique cc before payout! Its been so long ...I was debited each week for not making sales! first $1 a week, than $5 a week, it only stopped because of some fluke sale in a link somewhere  out there ( I dont know where wink )

The only quick (legitimate) online money I know is ebay sales of digital items with Buy it Now options

I so strongly dislike affiliate programs who think that using the stick rather than the carrot to motivate their affiliates to make more sales.

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I thought you were going to say "rob a bank."  After all, that nets a large amount of cash in just a few minutes... that is, if you do it just right.

I like the way you think.

1. yoshi97 profile image55

So ... we let Relache rob the bank and then we share the proceeds, eh?

And Relache, read that hub linked above before doing the robbing ... we'd hate to have our share going to jail with ya. smile

2. nyliram profile image58
          nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right now Ronnie Biggs is laughing his socks off, I know he's deceased but the idea of u lot pulling off that kind of hoist Pahleez, anyway Merry Christmas Guys, I have had way too much Tequila to continue, so I hope you all had a fantasmo Christmas, Got heaps of Presents and feel as totally nauseus as I do right now.

3. Rsunset327 profile image60
          Rsunset327posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I made $3000/month at home all last year.  I'm lazy, hate to work, and simply refuse to do physical labor because...well..I'm lazy.

If a bum like me can make that much piddling around online while the kids are at school and in between WOW and PS3 sessions, anybody can

big_smile

4. darkside profile image65
          darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now that wouldn't be fair would it?

If you don't want to be in on the job then you'll just have to wait for the hub she writes on how to pull the perfect bank heist.

Which she's probably already written, but won't ever publish. Because if you want to do it right, you don't talk about it afterwards.

2. livewithrichard profile image74
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Julie-Ann Amos has instructions on how to do that http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Rob-a-Bank

3. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love it I totally would but I'm not really suave or poise so I'll probs mess it up.

I need a DAMN job as it is...I just graduated from university, so I'm looking, Damn my poor bank robbing skills or my lack of luck concerning the National Lottery
      wink

7. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

She will be fine, her mask making skills will be of great use

http://hubpages.com/hub/making-masks

making masks for halloween or anytime!

Great thinking Sunforged! You're in for 5% of the cut!

Hear that Relache? You need to make a mask before robbing the bank. Me and Darkside will drive the getaway car!

8. David Harvey profile image58
    David Harveyposted 14 years ago

I thought J.O.B. stood for "just over broke". But seriously, there aren't too many around at the moment for 62 year olds who haven't been in a j-o-b for a few years already. Not that I'm earning enough online to make it worthwhile. I don't. But (very stupidly?) I hope it will improve.

Incidentally, I hake many, many times more in Adsense from Hubpages than I have ever made from Squidoo. What I have sitting in my Squidoo account wouldn't buy me one small soda. Seriously!

It's almost as p*ss poor as Amazon.

The way that Squidoo is set up the Adsense rewards are disproportionate to a lenses actual traffic performance.

To earn a higher tier you need to do more than just get good traffic nowadays. You need to participate actively in the community.

9. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I wish I could get a job like I had for the first few months of this year as a classroom assistant! It meant decent money on a regular basis unlike any of my writing work anywhere or ever!

1. motricio profile image67
      motricioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can, I know you can smile

10. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 14 years ago

--May I suggest begging on a street, or is it too much? it's the right season you know...

11. David Harvey profile image58
    David Harveyposted 14 years ago

Thanks for enlightening me about Squidoo, DarkSide.

Your feedback is much appreciated. I had never thought about Forum participation and the like, and I certainly never imagined it could affect my worse-than-pathetic earnings from my lenses. On the other hand, they never attracted much traffic either. Original, yes. Well written, that too...

It is bloody amazing, you know. If I'd put as much work into studying for a profession as I have done trying to get my head around making a modest income from the internet, I'd be a Professor or have a Doctorate in something by now!

So now I *know* I'm crazy!  ;-)

Merry Christmas, one and all.

And to hell with political correctness!

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I double my money by folding it over and placing it in my pocket.

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image66
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Now THAT'S funny!

2. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

What is this "job" thing about which you speak so glibly? I've heard the term bantered around before, but it just seems like a scam to me. So,you're claiming that all one has to do to earn money is to show up at this "job" every day and do what the boss says? And then you get moeny for that? I dunno...

14. Rik Ravado profile image87
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

http://www.getsmileyface.com/christmas/12.gif

This guy makes a packet at Christmas ...

15. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

It's hard to work but stealing people is not good...

16. docrehab profile image60
    docrehabposted 14 years ago

If you're lazy in writing be a consultant of what you know the best...Like..."Dogs Consultant" lol

17. kre8iv4u profile image61
    kre8iv4uposted 14 years ago

I have enjoyed everyone's comments.  I still have not yet made even a penny at this 'online' thing.  I have written some articles, become an affiliate with several 'companies', for lack of a better word, but my issue is the linking part.  I will not give up though.  My theory, however inaccurate it may be, is that if you throw a bunch of darts out there, one of em is bound to hit!!!!

I wish everyone Happy Holidays!!!  I hope you are all surrounded by love, happiness and great food!!!  ; )

18. Lita C. Malicdem profile image59
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

Who doesn't want fast money online? I do. But I admit I'm working on my writing first, making adjustments, and learning the hard ropes of hubbing.

19. efeguy profile image42
    efeguyposted 14 years ago

MAKING MONEY FAST IS GOOD,BUT WHATEVER THE MEANS OF MAKING THAT MONEY,IT MUST INVOLVE SOME COMMITMENT FOR IT TO WORK

20. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

The whole job thing sounds like some kinda scam to me!

21. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

just to go back to a previous post, I hate clickbank with a passion, CCbill too, they both love to take a huge chunk outta an affiliates earnigns for no reason other than to make more money for themselves.

22. alexandriaruthk profile image61
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

fast??, be patient

23. ns1209 profile image64
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

That is definitely the best way to make money!

24. DeoMor profile image59
    DeoMorposted 9 years ago

Spot on.  Thats exactly what I have been thinking all morning.  I may not be cut out to be a writer after all.   Hmmm!  I dont have the required patience.

25. misslong123 profile image84
    misslong123posted 9 years ago

I'm not sure there is a get rich quick scheme for at home writers. There are plenty of websites that pay well for little effort but you still have to do the work. Most writing websites take time to build an income but if you write a lot and stick to it, over time your writing will pay off. Just be patient and consistent and the money will come your way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)