Huppages milestone reached

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

W00t. About blinking time.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8901281_f248.jpg

I wonder how much sooner I would've gotten there if I hadn't removed all my old hubs in 2009 or so after the two outbound link limit flagged me as a spammer because of my image credits. (It wasn't until years later that I learned what had tripped the flag. At the time, I had very bad experiences with childish commenters writing random obscenities on hubs about ancient Greek art and myth, and I thought it wasn't worth fighting filters on a platform that wasn't attracting visitors who actually read my articles. I came back and started over in 2011.)

Interesting note: I screencapped and annotated the above image, then used the forum's image upload button, from an ipad. I appreciate very much that HP is fully tablet-compatible, so we can ditch our laptops and write hubs on trips if we choose.

ETA: the uploader shrunk the picture. Milestone is 500,095 lifetime visits.

1. AliciaC profile image94
      AliciaCposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on the exciting achievement, Greekgeek!  I appreciate being able to use an iPad with HubPages, too.

2. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

wow that is amazing! I am still on my 50k views. lol Congrats!

3. Robie Benve profile image95
      Robie Benveposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! That's a great milestone!  I am getting ready to reach the 200,000 views, which is already HUGE to me. You rock girl!

4. DonnaCaprio profile image61
      DonnaCaprioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! You have lots of determination to return and start writing again after a rocky start and being away from it for a couple of years. I admire your tenacity and am glad you stuck with it!

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's terrific.  If anybody deserves to do well here, it is you.  Your writing skills and your knowledge are terrific...so congratulations!

2. cfin profile image66
    cfinposted 9 years ago

That is quite a milestone. Congrats smile

3. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 9 years ago

Excellent milestone, congratulations.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Well done Greekgeek.

If there is one person on HubPages who deserves that milestone it is me...

... but I am pleased for you too.

5. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Huge congrats!! I am doing the countdown over here to 100K.  Maybe in 20 days I'll get there lol

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years ago

Congratulations for achieving the milestone!

7. tony55 profile image87
    tony55posted 9 years ago

hello greekgeek.
    i consider you my role model from the first time i saw your profile and hubs. you have inspired me to write better over the months and i am not surprised at you achievements.
    i have read everything you're written and hope to be as successful on hubpages.

8. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Awesome smile that's is indeed a great milestone.  I hope to hit it one day myself.  By my calculations that should be roughly 2024 wink just kidding.  Great job.

9. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

Congratulations Ellen. That's a great achievement and worth all your effort.

10. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 9 years ago

Well done, GG!  I always enjoy and appreciate your hubs, lenses, and forum posts!

11. icv profile image51
    icvposted 9 years ago

happy to know. congratulations

12. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, Greekgeek! You're one of my favorite wisdom-imparting hubbers, always offering down-to-earth, commonsense advice. You've helped me and others a lot with your knowledge about how the system works. It's good to see you reach such an important milestone. Woohoo for you! big_smile

13. isaacasante profile image83
    isaacasanteposted 9 years ago

Top milestone indeed!

14. Nabil Ansari profile image59
    Nabil Ansariposted 9 years ago

Great milestone. I think that I should say it here that I tried posting an article in 2011 and HubPages straight away declined it. At that time I was a newbie with writing and I never knew why it declined. But now I restarted and I think I'm on the right path. What do you say?

15. Better in Violet profile image80
    Better in Violetposted 9 years ago

Congrats! smile

16. fanfreluche profile image76
    fanfrelucheposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!

17. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 9 years ago

Congratulations GG and well done for reaching this 'more than well deserved' milestone.
    You are a hubber AND lensmaster with immense knowledge of the ways of article writing, and how to be successful at it, and as such, have learned a lot from you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)