Is it dangerous to use your hubpages adsense account to your blog?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years ago

I have been thinking and searching for an answer about this. My issue is that I feel nervous of implementing my adsense hosted account on my blog because I have heard that some adsense account were disabled.

As far as I know, we cannot earn on hubpages without adsense so what if your adsense got disabled? Your hard works here will be put into nothing. Are you using your adsense account on your blogs too? Does it goes well?

My blog uses photo on google and on free sharing photo sites however, I feel a little bit nervous since I am using photo's of movies for my movie reviews, is it safe? (I did put citation and source). Some say it is okay/ But can you make things clear out? What are the common reasons why adsense account got disabled?

2. Melinda Longoria profile image66
    Melinda Longoriaposted 9 years ago

I had to go through this a few weeks ago when I started my first blog. You just need to apply on adsense to add your new personal site. They will ask that you place an ad directly on a page where you receive traffic. Follow the instructions on adsense. Once your personal site is approved (it took about 24-48 hours), you can put your ads anywhere. We have a partner writing on our blog and I post his adsense ads under his posts so that he gets paid for his work.

1. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just applied for upgarde Melinda smile hope it will be approve

3. profile image0
    enjoy lifeposted 9 years ago

I have used the same adsense account for hubpages and multiple websites for a few years now. I have never had it disabled, or any other trouble, so see not trouble with it.

It is best to use the same adsense account across multiple platforms, as the money all adds together then to reach the payment threshold.

As long as you ensure that you are operating within Google's guidelines. If you violate their terms then you may find yourself having trouble and your account being suspended. However the problem there is not using the adsense account on a blog, but rather you violating their terms of service.

Adsense does not just 'suspend' your account for no reason. Operate within their terms and you will find things run smoothly.

They are quite clear about how they expect you to use and not to use the ads. For example, they do not take it lightly if they see your ads being clicked by someone within your household. Also if you place too many adds on a page (I believe the limit is 3). Read their guidelines and you should be fine using the same adsense account across multiple platforms like Hubpages, your blog, any other websites you own and any other writing sites you use.

You may even be able to activate youtube with the same account (although this can be harder to be approved for so be patient with this one)

1. profile image0

Well, this makes me feel a little bit confident (Enjoy life) Thank you very much for the information and reminders. The 3 ads stuff, I did not know that, fortunately, you tell me something like that in the rules of adsense. I have 4 ads on my page lol. Thank you very much. Now I know what to do.

4. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 9 years ago

There is no problem using adsense on HP, blogs, youtube etc etc.. in fact you are only allowed one adsense account so you have to use the same number across ever site you have ads on.

Just don't break any of googles rules and you will be fine. I have been using adsense on many sites for several years now without any problems. After all you will never make your fortune if you stick to just HP, you need to start putting those eggs into as many baskets as you can find including your own sites..

1. profile image0

Thanks Leanman: I feel much better and confident of using it to my personal blog. I was searching for something that would let me feel much comfortable and if it is worth it to use my hubpages adsense account. You are right, put this eggs as many basket as i can. Thank you for the great advice!

5. isaacasante profile image84
    isaacasanteposted 9 years ago

As long as you don't violate Google Adsense's terms or policy, you're free to use Adsense on multiple websites at any time. I've done it myself... On a blog I once owned, on Hubpages, on YouTube... all with the same account. Just stick to their rules and you'll have no problem.

1. profile image0

Thank you Isaac. Better read the adsense rule now smile

6. Melinda Longoria profile image66
    Melinda Longoriaposted 9 years ago

Wish you the best with it. ;-) My blog site was freshly new (few weeks old) and we got approved. So, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. ;-)

1. profile image0

Good luck too smile As for now, I am doing a full makeup of my blog to make it more responsive and attractive. And so that ads would fit more

7. VictoriaSheffield profile image82
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 9 years ago

I ad hubpges links to my blog all the time. I get more traffic that way!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)