This is embarrassing, but HELP (RASH)

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Kain 360 profile image91
    Kain 360posted 9 years ago

This is kind of weird, but I don't know what this is and why it happens. I have a rash or something below my butt and below my testicles and kind of on my hamstring muscle. It looks like someone cut me or something and is red. Unfortunately, I have a lot of hair down there and I think working out and just when I walk etc. is causing a rash with a moderate amount of pain....Combination of hair, sweat friction ?

I HATE HAIR!! I noticed this today when I was taking a shower and it hurt when I was outside walking...

What can I do to prevent this and what is it exactly? It's basically below my private parts, but also looks like there are red slashes on hamstring.

If I had to run from a dangerous animal I would be screwed lmao because it would hurt to move fast because of the friction between my legs.... tongue

Please if anyone knows anything about this issue help me.

Kain 360posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Feels like a bad brush burn sort of.

2. vrbmft profile image73
    vrbmftposted 9 years ago

How old are you?  When did you first notice it?  Ever have anything like it before?  I am not interested in your answers, but the answers to those questions may be helpful to you in doing further research, for example, on goggle.
    Possibilities:  allergic to something you were wearing during your workout.  Allergic to detergent or bleach that might have been used to wash your workout clothes.  If there was no clothing covering the area in question, is it possible you bumped into some kind of bush or plant or perhaps even bitten by a spider or other insect.

Easiest solution:  Urgent care.  Or you could ask a pharmacist what to put on the rash.  Or sometimes taking otc med like benadryl could help.  Pharmacists sometimes are quite willing to make recommendations. 

I know as I get older, I seemed more susceptible to these kinds of outbreaks from what I think is a combo of sweating and then sometimes not getting out of the sweaty clothing right after my workout.

Recently, I seemed to have had an allergic reaction to a neoprene knee brace which I have never had before and have been wearing the brace for a zillion years (yes, I am old).  I remember scratching the area after I took off the brace and I wondered later had I not scratched if I still would have had a rash because the rash seemed to follow the lines of my scratching!

I know these things are crazy and embarrassing and you may have a new ailment which they will name after you!!!  Got to laugh, right?

Yes, I have googled it and people were saying it's chaffing or something. I never really had this before, however, I had discomfort there before, but not to this extent where it actually has red marks and hurts slightly.

Well, I did not get out of sweaty clothes right away until I got home and took a shower. I also sweat really bad and it was 80 degrees and I trained legs..

But I really don't see the point of hair on lower body. I'm no caveman -- what purpose does it serve other than causing stuff like this?

I am 23.

3. NikaWest profile image53
    NikaWestposted 9 years ago

Be simple. Trim back the hair if you can with a razor. Keep a tube of triple antibiotic ointment near your toilet and a tube of A&D cream. Before you go to bed at night put some triple on the area. Throughout the day put the A&D on it. Up your water intake. Quit drinking sodas. Stay away from yeast breads. It should go away. Don't be embarrassed. Life happens. smile

1. NikaWest profile image53
      NikaWestposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My husband said that this is common for men. You should shower more often, get breathable underwear and use baby powder or some kind of talc to make it go away. That's his advice.

Well hell, I take 2 showers a day (mainly on workout days). I rarely drink sodas unless I get upset stomachs. I mostly drink milk, water, and juice.

And as for being common, I have read it is more common in men because of hair and extra sweating. I look at heat and I sweat lol tongue

I used some type of cream that someone in my family said would work. Forget what it's called.

4. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

I think you should just go to the doctor.  If you're the kind of person who'd rather wait for a condition to clear up on its own, I know how you feel. 

But rather than try a bunch of different remedies that don't work because you don't know what the underlying cause is, it's better to have a professional look at it and recommend/prescribe the proper ointment that will get the job done fast and give you relief.

1. NikaWest profile image53
      NikaWestposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The medical profession loves you and your money! Cheers.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And cheers to you playing doctor on a forum.

2. Kain 360 profile image91

I'm fine now. smile

Although I believe the hair is the culprit. I am no cave man!! The human body has not evolved enough to realize that we do not need hair to keep us warm... tongue Except on the head...

5. Health Card profile image59
    Health Cardposted 9 years ago

Rashes are defiantly not desirable.. Here is a hub that have some related information.. http://healthcard.hubpages.com/hub/Sweating-And-Rashes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)