Attention WWE Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (29 posts)
  1. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

Most of my wrestling Hubs were unpublished recently because the WWE has contacted Hub Pages and asked (told) them to close any Hubs with "WWE" in the title.
    I know to me it seems like cutting off their own nose to spite their face.
    Hubbers and Bloggers (and those that are both) give the WWE a LOT of free publicity.
    I do not blame Hub Pages for this and they have worked with me to get these Hubs in line with the WWE's legal request (order).
    But any of you that still have WWE Hubs might want to change the wording and be prepared for this.

1. xriotdotbiz profile image58
      xriotdotbizposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not know how the WWE could close Hub pages because you use the term WWE or talk about it.  There is the first amendment, and if HubPages caves in here, where does it stop?  I could see photos and copyright, but the WWE cannot be the only ones who discuss their name.  It is not as HubPages is saying they are the WWE.

WWE in the title?  Sounds like this has nothing to do about anything except using legal resources to secure their own SEO agenda.  This really ticks me off.

2. profile image0
      James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are already indirectly publicising them.

sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right, I should have put WW*
        Or the wrestling promotion formerly known as WWF.

3. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear such a news from WWE. By stopping the WWE hubs , it seems they got more publicity than ever within hub forums. What a idea they adopted.

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Wow, you think they would appreciate the free publicity tongue how ungrateful of them yikes sorry hear about your Hubs, SB.

3. Ron Mariano profile image59
    Ron Marianoposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear this. I am a fan of the WWE and yes, what's wrong with them? It's free publicity. They should be grateful.

4. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I haven't watched WWE for a long time but there was a time I was really crazy about it. Too bad they don't want to be featured (for free) in Hubpages.

5. sabrebIade profile image81

Thanks everyone, but as I said the HubPages team is working with me and so far I've gotten all but two republished after changing them to fit the WWE's new guidelines.
    (As in not saying WWE...LOL)
    Needless to say, TNA is not doing this (they seem to actually encourage online promotion)so I'm throwing my support behind them.

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

What is WWE?

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google it.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was something to do with wrestling but thought maybe it was something else.

Lot of wresting fans out there?

7. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

They probably dont want anyone making any money with their name. Even if its just a couple of cents and dollars. smile corporate people are stingy like that. Its the way they survive. Or so they say.

8. sabrebIade profile image81

Well this is kinda funny.
    After changing the titles and getting my Hubs all republished weeks ago, I did a check this morning and when you search WWE, you get 13+ pages of Hubs with WWE in the title.
    Maybe it was just my Hubs that annoyed them.
    I guess everyone else can just ignore that warning I posted.

9. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I think a Hub about the experience would be a good idea wink

10. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE
    WWE

Do you think that this is upsetting them?

That is some precedent to be setting is it not? I understand that hubpages only has 7 staff and limited resources, but surely WWE doesn't actually have the right to prevent this?

Could this be the very start of 'brandless' hubs?

11. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

and they WONDER why everyones moving to UFC and MMA fighting in general and leaving the fake wrestling behind =P

12. sabrebIade profile image81

Well Cls1321, I have MMA Blogs and I also have a lot of wrestling blogs which I have shifted the focus off WWE and to TNA because of this.
    I e-mailed Hubpages just now asking WHY it appears just my Hubs were singled out.

Funny thing is, the day this happened back in July, I heard that a Canadian company was suing the WWE over the "RAW" trademark.
    Go Canada!

You know the World Wildlife Fund kicked the WWE's butt years ago over the WWF trademark.

Anyway, when Hubpages lets me know exactly whats really going on, I'll let everyone else know.

But you can see why I feel singled out right?
    It's not just paranoia is it?

13. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

yea understandable

14. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

The WWE get upset about everything and have threatened legal action against so many people or organizations, including TNA.

It should be called the WWAAA!

15. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Threats are part of wrestling. I love WWE wrestling, but only if the media does not give them black-out in favour of TNA.

16. sabrebIade profile image81

Well no reply back from my e-mail and the WWE search results are 25 plus pages now so I guess it "was" just me that got singled out.

Bummer.

Dame Scribe:
    It would be an interesting Hub, but I don't think I could write it without sounding either whiny or angry.
    I think in this case I'll just bite the bullet and go on.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

17. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Honestly, how silly of them! They could have used hub pages as a marketing  oportunity! Thay could have put ads on adsence on the hubs and made some money out of it?! Personally I think they have shot themselves in the foot! It's not your fault sabreblade, I think there just being petty.

18. profile image54
    Cody Seesareuposted 14 years ago

Hey there. I'm doing WWE hubs in secret so that WWE wouldn't know. My hubs are for discussing WWE's problems and I used to be a WWE fan and I quit being a fan since last December because of their TV-PG rating. I want you to become my fan sabreblade and I also want you to comment on my wonderful hubs.

sabrebIadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I quit when they had K-Fed pin John Cena on Raw that night.
      I dont care if Umaga DID attack him, Cena should have kicked out at least at three!

Okay, I'm not going off on a "Why WWE Sucks" rant.
      But Cody, that may be a good idea for a Hub for you.
      'course you would have to say WW*.
      Or maybe not since youre not me...LOL

19. profile image54
    Cody Seesareuposted 14 years ago

Thank you sabreblade because I might do that and to help me do this hub will be a dear friend of mine and his name is Mr. RKO. He hates WWE as well and he just quit watching it last week. When I'm done with the hub, I would dearly allow you to comment on it. I think you'll enjoy it. Later.

20. sabrebIade profile image81

Here's another update.
    Now there are 37 plus pages of results with WWE in the title.
    So it really does appear my Hubs were the only ones singled out to be unpublished.
    I wonder if the WWE complained directly about me since all the other WWE Hubs are still there?
    If so, I'll be shooting an ugly Tweet to Vince McMahon who is on my Twitter list....LOL

21. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

May you, pease, post the Twitter address for Vince McMahon here for us to have.

22. dave272727 profile image60
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

That is really bad that they would do something like that.  I quit watching WWE shortly after the invasion storyline.  I watched TNA for a little while just because a lot of the big name WWE people were showing up over there.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)