A punk that thinks dead babies are funny

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 14 years ago

This makes me angry. After all wouldnt you be if your grandboy was murdered.

This punk deletes the comment I left him and doesnt even have the fortitude to answer me:

http://hubpages.com/hub/dead-baby-jokes

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you think something is going to be tasteless and not to your liking, avoid it.

Having duplicate material is not an issue. Provided he has no outbound links. Then it is automatically Overly Promotional.

And copyright isn't an issue. As you've said, they're all over the internet. It is quite possible than more than one person has coined the same short joke. And he would have copied and pasted the jokes from all over, but unless someone is willing to make a DCMA complaint, it's not a problem. And if someone did, it'd be interesting to see how they claim ownership of a joke.

If you don't like it, and that much is obvious, then avoid it. If it's broken any site rules, report them.

1. getpaidtopost profile image41
        getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree 100% I read the jokes and thought very tasteless however I can see how some people would find these jokes amusing. so as darkside said if you think you may be offended by somthing then do not look at it.

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

My god Froggy I can't believe that anyone could even remotely find that humerous.

3. Froggy213 profile image62

Yes and he wont answer my mail and deletes my comments--I wonder if he is a buddy to David Olson who killed my grandson

4. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Froggie I flagged it and hope that Maddie can do something about it. It will probably won't be till after the weekend though.
    Be strong Froggie

Froggy213posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you my friend--

5. TheMoneyGuy profile image68
    TheMoneyGuyposted 14 years ago

I am sorry for your loss, and I find this hub quite tastless, but a person has their right to publish as they please.  I suggest if it bothers you to go read some hubs that are more to your liking and stay away from this one.  You have the power on the web to just click another link.

"Nothing is more Dangerous to Liberty as moral outrage." 

Glenn West

And I have the right to say to him what I please.

Also every joke there is stolen--he didn't make them up and they are all over the web--so he is breaking another rule--no you cannot just publish as you please--I hope there are no children any where near this idiot

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The hub is tasteless and offensive to almost everyone, especially if you've suffered such a loss.  I do however believe he has the right to publish it; and evryone has the write to respond accordingly.

2. Shannondoah profile image56
      Shannondoahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Themoneyguy, The jokes are tasteless, but they are also not worth promotion, and I think when you tell everyone about something like this it does promote it, (Behaviour) Also, when I first saw it I thought it was alot more sinister, than just jokes. The person, probably has not intended upsetting anyone, just wants to share his weak jokes.
      Do not give him the kudos.

1. Shannondoah profile image56
        Shannondoahposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  6. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Let's not give him any more attention than he deserves...

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right... moving on!

2. Froggy213 profile image62

Yep, your right. Thanks--leave the loser to his spoils

7. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm sure though with all this publicity that it won't be published long after the weekend...

8. Froggy213 profile image62

I really doubt the hub page team will like this kind of material--I know Paul is a semi-new father as are many others--

If the person is here to make money--he is going about it in the wrong way, thats for sure.

Overly promotional will take that hub score way down too--For 2 years I have been seeking justice in my Grandsons murder--hubpages has been a great place to write--I also have latest hubs on feed to help the team weed out spam and BS hubs.

I will keep doing that because I love how they run things here.

Yep, he has free speech and can publish what he wants--just as hubpages has the right to delete if they want.

Best of luck to him if this is how he wants to play it--he will need it--I won't visit any of his hubs as I bet many others won't too.

9. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

So.....freedom of speech.....no line at all.  If there were a line...who would decide where the line was drawn.  Laws or rules draw the lines in many cases in publishing.
    How far can one push the freedom to say what they wish?

Dead Baby jokes?
    Sex with dead baby jokes?
    Rape pics of kids?
    Child rape jokes?
    Brutal rape jokes?
    Torturing people and animal jokes?

Who would consider these subjects to publish?
    A moral line simply can't be drawn.....freedom of speech must stand.
    A line of respect...however needs to return to society through education and parenting.

1. Beth100 profile image68
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  Respect must be honored.  I find this hub completely disturbing, regardless of how old and where the jokes have come from.  Personally, I find this tasteless and takes up space.  Yes, I read it because I was curious of what was causing the debate. Honestly, I never would have read it on my own if I came across it.

10. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I did not find any humor in that hub and I did what I had to do, that is all I have to say. I am disgusted and appalled and it needs to be removed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. smile

11. Ron Mariano profile image61
    Ron Marianoposted 14 years ago

Yeah, don't mind him Froggy. I also didn't find any humor in that hub. I have a 4 month old cousin and I don't find stuff like that funny. Never did.

12. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

I flagged him too. He will never go far in Hub Land. Piece of screwed up crap!
    http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:m3C7Q3qa0eyKRM:http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0060-0902-1915-2051_Angry_Man-Tornado_of_Fury_clipart_image.jpg

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image68
      TheMoneyGuyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I am a passionate advocate for human rights, civil rights, victim rights. Though my views and opinions are controversial and conservative--and often I'm misunderstood, my goal is to provoke one's thoughts and interests in helping others less fortunate than us. I know we all share a common goal to be philaprophists no matter where we come from.

I have zero tolerance for prejudice, lazy people, procastinators, people who judge (though that's human nature, judge yourself before being an expert of someone else!), and being "put in a box". [see avatar for my reacton to the aforementioned!] You will never be able to sum me up in one word, one sentence, one group, or in one lifetime. I remain faceless and nameless to protect not only my family's privacy, but to broaden my literary platform."

I can't decide if the above quote is irony or hypocrisy.

TMG

1. AsherKade profile image58
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fair enough, but you must understand that when Fiery made comments on racism I did not like the other day, I respected him for his opinion though I did not agree with him. BUT, when you dig dead babies or people or animals off the ground, see pictures of it in your profession, and have had your children die unjustly, there is a fine line between freeom of speech and being a little different like fiery and myself, and being just blatantly screwed up, obnoxious, and disturbed. GIve that guy one day at my depressing job and see if he thinks he wants to see dead kids with ice cream on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Beth100 profile image68
          Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well spoken,  Asherkade.  Some of us have seen too many horrible things to appreciate this type of "humor".

2. Davinagirl3 profile image61
          Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If this guy would have said jokes about dead... (any racial slur), he would be gone.  How is any comment on racism more objectionable than making fun of dead babies?  We're getting into semantics.  The hub was created to be inflammatory.  The dude is getting what he wanted.

hey...can we delete this forum thread too, or flag it...because though I am ironically responding again, this should be stopped for good. I'm not a hypocrite and do support freedom of speech, but this is, as Davina said, semantics and should be treated as hatred no matter what.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To me they are equally offensive ,but unfortunately censorship is up to Hubpages  sad

13. Herald Daily profile image60
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

I didn't read it because of the title, knew right away that I wanted nothing to do with it.  What I don't understand is why everyone else bothered to read it when it's very obvious what the content is about.

Just something that puzzled me.

I didn't honestly read it. I just clicked to see if someone had actually made the hub or see who it was so I could avoid them at all cost. I go to the internet to unwind after a gruelling day at work...not be reminded of work.

1. Herald Daily profile image60
        Herald Dailyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From what I'm reading here, I'd guess that it did indeed take your mind off of work.

14. Hope Alexander profile image70
    Hope Alexanderposted 14 years ago

Time for Captain Obvious:

To those of you who deal with the realities that these jokes make light of, this is a heinous hub. For those of you who see them as being entirely abstract jokes, unrelated to actual human suffering and funny only because of the cartoonish horror they conjure, this is harmless fun. It's a matter of perspective.

Should it be removed from Hub Pages? I don't know if it contravenes the TOS or not, and that's their call. But by taking the hub and posting it in the forum, you've taken what probably would have languished in obscurity with maybe 5 views and turned it into a relatively high traffic hub.

For those of you calling the original poster sick etc, I don't know where you grew up, but these were playground jokes when I was a kid, and that's what this hub looks and feels like, a young person making jokes about things they don't yet understand on a personal level. Demonizing and attacking him won't make him more compassionate, it only antagonizes him, and it doesn't relieve your pain, if anything it probably makes it worse because now you're fighting a battle that never really existed.

15. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

The Hub  has been removed.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just looked it is gone. smile

16. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Well if it was offensive, then it's all good now that it's gone.

17. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

Well hopefully the Individual whoever It may be will not be posting trash like that for a long time . I did not see the hub either nor do I care too. If they have any degree of class they will posts a hub with a full on apology !

18. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I think it was just a case of a young, arrogant punk kid who didn't understand what HP is about and got his back up.

I have seen many of these same "jokes" written with "what do you call a MAN with..." instead of "dead baby." Does that make them in any better taste or less offensive? Still Jackass Humor, which has a place -- just not here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)