100,000 views in 2 years, 30,000 views in 3 months

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (64 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years ago

I just checked to see when it was that I hit 100,000 views...it was 3 months ago.  Today I hit 130,000!  That means it took 2 years or so to hit 100,000 but only a fraction of that time to hit another 30,000!  I am really shocked to see the numbers grow so fast all of a sudden, but I sure am happy to see it!

1. Blond Logic profile image93
      Blond Logicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Those stats are excellent. It is very inspiring for the rest of us. Congratulations.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Blond Logic:  Thanks.  This has been a great deal of work, but it seems that with the new algorithm change Google is finally starting to notice me!

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty impressive. Congratulations and keep it up!

Chritrangada Sharan   Thanks, and I'll keep trying!

3. ThelmaC profile image94
      ThelmaCposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!  Your hubs are great so it is no wonder that your numbers are so good!

ThelmaC   Thanks for the kudos!

4. Christy Kirwan profile image89
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is some impressive growth! Congrats.

Christy Kirwan:  thanks

5. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

congratulations! For 2 years that is very impressive.  I am now receiving about 30,000 views per month with only around 20 hubs featured but it took me 4 years to get to this point

2. Huntgoddess profile image66
    Huntgoddessposted 9 years ago

Holy Macaroley! that's pretty amazing!

Congratulations!

If only all Hubbers could do that well.

Huntgoddess:  Thanks.  I don't quite understand why all of this is finally coming together for me or if it will even last, but I'm enjoying the moment.

1. Huntgoddess profile image66
        Huntgoddessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey, there's nothing wrong with enjoying the moment. Life is all made of moments, right?

In any event --- I hope it does last for you. I think it will, actually. Your Hubs are just incredible! Maybe it took a little longer for word to get around, but now that it has . . . :-)  Look out!

Congratulations again. I'm studying you as a role model. I once had a Hubscore of 97, but it didn't last long. That did not surprise me, though, because I don't have a lot of time to spend on HP. I wish I did.

Huntgoddess   I had the same experience with a 100 score!  Thanks again for your kind words.

You'll probably get back to 100 soon.

Thanks, and no problem, TT. I'm hoping to get it back up there, when I straighten out some of the strange problems in my life ---- like being homeless.

3. Writer Fox profile image30
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8985289_f248.jpg

Writer Fox:   Awwww...roses!!!  How lovely of you!    You are another person here who has helped me greatly in my quest to improve and grow.  Your help has been invaluable.  Something interesting you may want to know is that since I have been upgrading my links and images, thanks to your advice, my views have increased significantly...and I'm only about 1/3 of the way through them.  The education you have given me has been priceless.  Thank you so much.

4. Amy Naylor profile image82
    Amy Naylorposted 9 years ago

Nice one!

Amy Naylor:  Thanks

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

Great job! It's not surprising though - content needs to age to get good traffic. Plus you also learn a lot of things that you start to unconsciously apply to your writing!

Wry Lilt   I know my numbers do not match yours, but you are one of the people here who really helped me to improve my work so that those numbers would grow.  I continue to enjoy Pinterest, thanks to you, and while I do not get tons of views from them daily, I do get some every day...and those add up.  I really appreciate what you have done for me here.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome smile I'm sure you'll catch me soon... I don't actively write articles much anymore!

Wry Lilt:  I'm sorry to hear that.  What are you doing these days, instead?

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Training as a doula and about to publish my first book smile

6. Don Bobbitt profile image83
    Don Bobbittposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!
    That is a great milestone to hit and a good sign of the quality and longevity of your Hubs.
    Keep it up!
    DON

Don Bobbit:  Thanks for your kind words.

7. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

Congratulations on the achievement and the interesting news.

AliciaC  Thanks.

8. Dannytaylor02 profile image70
    Dannytaylor02posted 9 years ago

Happy for you bud. i guess the start is the hardest part but then once your work is recognized things get easier...Good luck buddy hopefully we can all enjoy similar successes

Dannytaylor02   If you keep at it, work hard and learn all you can, in the end it will pay off...but getting to the end is a long voyage!  Good luck!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
        LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Guess it's time to pop the cork!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8986881_f248.jpg

LuisEGonzales   You were one of the first writers I read when I came here.  At that time, you advised patience and hard work.  I listened to you, and now your advice is paying off.  Thank you so much!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
            LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome sir and enjoy!

LuisGonzales:  I'm a "she' , not a "he"!

9. xmags profile image80
    xmagsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! I've been on HP for more than a year already and I have 80k+ views. Activated my adsense account also fairly recently (2-3 days ago) and have earned 0.27 usd so far. smile)) I kind of left HP bec I thought I had no chance with adsense and it turns out I just forgot to implement the codes. Silly me. smile) Anyway, good job and let's all keep writing. I hope to reach the 100k mark too and I hope it's soon. smile And I also hope to get the vies to grow that fast. Mehehe.

What does "implement the codes," mean?

Huntgoddess:  I think he means making sure that you activate Ebay, Adsense and Amazon via the directives you find on the Earnings page and in the learning center.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

xmags:  80K views in a year is awesome!  I don't doubt you'll be able to continue to do that well in the future.  Good luck!

10. AudreyHowitt profile image80
    AudreyHowittposted 9 years ago

Wow! Congrats!!

11. King09z profile image60
    King09zposted 9 years ago

Thats great.

12. daborn7 profile image71
    daborn7posted 9 years ago

Wow! Those are amazing numbers! I am not even close... sad I have been on HubPages for almost 3 years. I cant wait until I see the same! Congrats!

daborn  It takes longer for some of us than for others, but I think one of the secrets is finding topics to write about that many are interested in and that you have special expertise in.  This not only brings views, but makes writing much easier.  Thanks for responding here.

13. knowledgesharing profile image61
    knowledgesharingposted 9 years ago

Congrats!  I can't wait to read some of your hubs.  It is obvious that you post quality Hubs when you have that many views!!!  Good job. Hope I can do that well eventually.

knowledgesharing:  It took a long time for me to figure out a formula for my writing and to understand what it is that will bring views and money.  It's a learning curve, and it takes time, but if you keep at it, you'll do OK.  I'll be interested to see your comments when you do your reading.

14. goodnews11 profile image84
    goodnews11posted 9 years ago

Congratulations.. Thats a great achievement.

goodnews11  Thank you.

15. lazko profile image58
    lazkoposted 9 years ago

Great job!

Thanks.

16. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Wow, very cool, TIMETRAVELER2. I do notice that the more views we have the faster they grow exponentially! Congrats on your progress.

Janshares   Yes, that is an interesting phenomenon.  Since posting this item on the forum, I've already gotten just under another 3,000 views!  However, I will say that they are starting to slow down...but still...they are more than twice what they have been in the recent past!

1. janshares profile image95
        jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Jeeezz!! Happy dancing for you. smile

17. profile image0
    cjnileskiposted 9 years ago

That's great!!   I agree that that kind of stat info is a inspiration to everyone using Hubpages!!

cjnileski  To be honest, compared to the numbers others have displayed on the forums, mine are not that great...apparently, others do not agree!  I'm just happy to finally be getting recognized by Google!

1. robhampton profile image92
        robhamptonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It took me as I said 4 years,  but I am page one of Google with very general keywords like "green pool"  I no longer have to type in anything extensive to find my articles on the first page of Google. It's actually awesome that I've dominated most of the pool industry with just hubpages.  When you see your hubs showing up on page one of Google,  be proud!  It's  a good feeling

18. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Congratulations TimeTraveller! It is most inspiring to read that the numbers go up the bigger you get. Keeps me slogging along and I hope to catch up to you one day....though it may take a lot of work to get there. I admire your dedication!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8995131_f248.jpg

19. newjerusalem profile image68
    newjerusalemposted 9 years ago

Great.....

20. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

That is awesome sauce.  As a beginning I can only dream, and hope, that I'll get to that point someday.

Thanks again to all of you who congratulated me.  Now, 12 days since posting this, I've already gotten another 8,000 views.  I really did not think the uptick would last this long, but sure am happy to see it!

21. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image82
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

The hubs take a time to grow, and I am also experiencing the same results but in a year.

22. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 9 years ago

I agree with Sanjay. Your views improve a lot once you are in the lime light after getting a position with google. It takes time though. You may find further acceleration.

23. PhlebotomyAdviser profile image64
    PhlebotomyAdviserposted 9 years ago

I have 3,000 in a years time and I thought that was pretty good. I guess I still have some work to be done. Congrats on the 100,000 views.

PhlebotomyAdviser   I'm not sure I even had that many at the end of my first year...but I have learned a lot since then and feel that is what has made the difference.

24. icv profile image51
    icvposted 9 years ago

glad to read your post.. all the best

25. TheDragonBringer profile image90
    TheDragonBringerposted 9 years ago

Nice work! Maybe site age is giving you the edge.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)