Jeremy Meeks Modeling Contract-Shallow Society/Shallow World

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. realtalk247 profile image76
    realtalk247posted 9 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9071313.jpg
    Being Jeremy Meets of California
    To some he’s the Hot Mug Shot guy to others he’s a #FelonCrush.
    Facebook page with 178,000 likes

Behind bars on $1.1 million bail
    11 felony counts including gang membership and the possession of firearms

Get an modeling contract and expect to make between $3,000-$100,000 per month through endorsements. 

While Meeks states he is a changed man, a family man, he is the one to respond to his admirers stating:
    ”I’m flattered by everything you guys say about my looks, but the situation is bad,” said Meeks.

I'm just going to ask, what is wrong with our society that women are commenting on how hot he is and want to seriously pursue someone on looks alone despite the reasons for arrest.  While we can't draw conclusions, 11 felony counts, doesn't appear to be the average mistaken charge count. What does this say about our society that we “collectively” are so enthralled with looks that we can ignore the factors that make the person who they are?  No one has focused on the possible conviction more than they have his looks.  Society has confirmed the shallow desires of the majority of our society, only evaluating the outside with little concern about the inside of a person.

1. moonlake profile image80
      moonlakeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There are a lot of women out there that care only for looks and nothing else. Thank goodness not all women are nit wits like these women.  This is a bad man according to the police and they can't seem to get that into their heads.
      He could have been a nice person and gone on the path of good instead of bad. A modeling job I don't think will change this man.
      There are some very good looking guys out there that could model and are good guys. The modeling agency doesn’t look hard enough and don't seem to care who they hire.
      I’m sure out there someplace there is a guy that looks just like him, but is a good guy. If that is the look they want why not advertise for it.

2. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Scum of the earth, as are any women who find him attractive. When I was single, I always judged women on the men they liked and avoided the ones who were attracted to scum.

For the men out there, avoid the women who think this guy is attractive. Because if he is their type, you don't want to be.

1. bethperry profile image82
        bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

3. bethperry profile image82
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for bringing this up. I've seen several posts at Facebook from women oogling over his mugshot and I just don't get it. I can understand a woman (or man for that matter) lusting over a fictional criminal on a television show or in a movie, but a real-life lowlife? It just boggles the mind! Heck, I thought the character of Tony Soprano was hot, but if he were a real person I'd just want to see him behind bars and away from society. I tend to think some people have a very difficult time in drawing a healthy line between the solid world they live in and their fantasies.

And about his modeling contract? It really makes you wonder about the ethics of any agency that would hire this thug to represent a product.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years ago

It is sad as you say. Hopefully these admirers are people with feeble minds who may at some time realize how foolishly they are acting...............

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9071388_f248.jpg

1. noenhulk profile image60
      noenhulkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's right! I agree with you. They are people and women with shallow mind, that's my opinion when it comes to considering looks than characters of a person. They care for looks and not the inside. I also do hope they realize what a feeble mind they have.

3. profile image0
    Grey Templesposted 9 years ago

To flip the coin a little bit.  Yes, Meeks is obviously not a changed man or he would ot be back in jail on the charges he is currently charged with not to mention being a gang banger and the tat teardrop showing he is a gang member murderer.  I do not understand what attracts women to this man. 

However, I have a best friend who at a very young age was convicted of murder of 4 people albeit it was self defense.  Spending 18 years in prison which should have been life the Governor cut his sentence short.  Since he has been out of prison his nose is clean and he has not been institutionalized.  I would not be alive today if it was not for my friend.  So, there are different situations for every felon who is out there.  No, my friend is not a gang banger, does not wear tats, has a full time job and  found me half frozen on the street and gave me shelter and acted like a perfect gentleman. 

There is a big difference between my friend and Meeks.  They may both have killed people, however, one was self defense and one was all out murder.

4. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

True birds of a feather like to flock together. But you have to admit people hide who they are, they do not openly reveal the real person right away. Which is a window of darkness until the light reveals the real person. we should not prejudge a person thinking they know everything about people . That is why employers do background checks ,because people deceive their real intentions. There are many good people who have been deceive and have learned valuble lessons about bad relationships. Who they were yesterday ,may be a more wiser and greater person today. Nothing ever stays the same.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)