First Payout and a Google front page, woo!

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (43 posts)
  1. JG11Bravo profile image73
    JG11Bravoposted 9 years ago

Don't mind me, I'm just excited.  Finally, I made my first 50 bucks and found one of my hubs on page 1 of Google search results.  Happy times, these.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the payout!  It's a pretty important milestone for most of us.

Not to burst your bubble on being on first page, but google searches are most definitely searcher oriented - you visit your hub so google bumps it way up for you.  Sign out of anything with google and tell it NOT to use your history in search results; you will likely find it further down.

JG11Bravoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Further down, but still front page.

2. OldRoses profile image94
      OldRosesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your first payout!  May it be the first of many.

Thank you!

3. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! It took me much longer, so you're doing something right. I'm glad someone like yourself who writes seriously and writes well is successful doing this kind of work.

Thanks man. You're one of my favorites, so that's a major compliment for me.

4. VincentTheodore profile image61
      VincentTheodoreposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! smile

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image93
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations for your first payout! I remember the feeling. Wish you all the best for your future.

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! It is a wonderful moment and time for celebration!!

2. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

congratulations
    It must be nice.

It only took a year.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I looked and it has only been 10 months. Good job!

I rounded up.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
          Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  If your experience is like mine, the next payout will be faster!

3. CassandraCae profile image83
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

congrats, I have been working towards that front page spot for about a year now, couldn't do it with Squidoo, hope to do it here.

I wish you the best of luck here!

P.S. You and I are in the same field of study. Nice to meet a fellow dirt scientist!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cassandra Cae:

No reason why you can't!  Go for it!

4. eltondunn profile image61
    eltondunnposted 9 years ago

Congrats - Well deserved!

EDIT - just wanted to note I checked one of my most popular Hubs and it's page 1 in Google - smile
    <link snipped>

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Big Congrats!  I just met my first payout, but unlike you, it took me 3 years to reach it, LOL!

I clearly just got lucky. My writing certainly isn't anything exceptional compared to others here.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not lucky, but you must be intuitive about the best things to write about and have good writing at the same time.

Not at all. It's pure trial and error. Most of my hubs get one view a day, on the average.

2. Camille Harris profile image87
      Camille Harrisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Same here smile

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

You must be doing something right JG!

7. goatfury profile image92
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  That's huge.

8. Iris Draak profile image60
    Iris Draakposted 9 years ago

Congratulations!  Don't sell yourself short.

9. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Well done & here's a virtual champagne to celebrate!

Much obliged, madam!

10. imthatgirl2 profile image69
    imthatgirl2posted 9 years ago

Hi JG11Bravo,
    Yes, it is happy times! Congratulations! That is quite a feat. Especially for us hubbers when we are starting out, but it's worth it. Each milestone is precious. I just started off this week so I can't wait to reach my goals! Again, Congratulations!

Good luck, and to you and any other fresh faces, if you need anything just ask!

1. taiwokareem profile image60
        taiwokareemposted 9 years agoin reply to this

wow congrats bro. May it be the first of many more to come. glad for you. I know my time will come as well

11. chakravarthyds profile image72
    chakravarthydsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations,
    I am far away from my milestone. But one day I will be in euphoria like you.
    Keep posting...

12. SimilarSam profile image50
    SimilarSamposted 9 years ago

Huge congratulations on the first payout!

13. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 9 years ago

Congratulations and well done!

14. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

The first payout is always the hardest, JG. After this you should be on a roll. smile  Congratulations.

15. JuiceMet profile image71
    JuiceMetposted 9 years ago

Congrats! I am waiting for that magical day myself! smile

16. My Bell profile image95
    My Bellposted 9 years ago

Congrats and good job! I'm still waiting for my first payout. It will probably take a few more months as I'm only at month 3 and not even 2 months since I got approved for Google Ad Sense. You are inspiring me though to keep it up. Love writing for Hubpages!!

17. bettyshares profile image60
    bettysharesposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, that is good news.

18. caseymel profile image90
    caseymelposted 9 years ago

That is great!  Congratulations!

19. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 9 years ago

Congrats!!
    Getting to the first page of Google is such an amazing feat. What a satisfying thought to think that your Hub is out there on page one. smile

Your traffic and payouts should really increase from now on. The first payout is the hardest, and then your daily earnings will begin to snowball. Well done and I wish you many, many more!

20. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

Congratulations..... Here's to many more in succession!

21. JG11Bravo profile image73
    JG11Bravoposted 9 years ago

Thanks everyone! Such a supportive community!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)