2 Years to hit 100,000 but only 8 months to hit 200,000!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years ago

Yep, it's me again.  Today was another milestone for me because I hit 200,000 page views.  What is interesting about this is that it took me two years to get my first 100,000 but only 8 months to get another 100,000.  Just as important is the fact that I started using Amazon Ads with the new HP payout plan, so those ads are paying off nicely in addition to the page views.  A big thank you to all of my fans and readers for validating me as a productive and well accepted writer in this community.

1. Michael-Milec profile image60
      Michael-Milecposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Remarkable! Great reward to your excellence, congratulation.

2. misterhollywood profile image87
      misterhollywoodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is amazing - right on! Very inspirational news to other hubbers!

3. Perspycacious profile image61
      Perspycaciousposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Proof positive that effort, quality, and persistence have rewards.

4. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

CONGRATULATIONS! on hitting another 100,000.  It's a terrific achievement.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9204667_f248.jpg

TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer Fox:

Thanks so much.  Where have you been lately?  I haven't seen you on the forums .  Miss you!

1. Writer Fox profile image31

Dodging rockets.

Writer Fox:

Aren't we all these days?

Well, maybe your rockets aren't quite like the ones falling in my neighborhood:
              http://www.jpost.com/Defense/LIVE-BLOG- … aza-361892

Writer Fox:

I did not know that you live in Israel.  What is going on over there is just horrible.

I hope you will be able to keep yourself safe and that this conflict ends before much more time has passed. 

I'll pray for you, my friend...and for Israel.

Since July 8, more than 3,700 rockets have been fired into Israel from the Hamas-controlled Gaza strip. Another 800 rockets were fired and fell short, landing on Gaza's civilian population. Three rockets aimed at Jerusalem were shot down by Iron Dome.

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; may they prosper that love thee." Psalm 122:6

2. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 9 years ago

Congrats!!! Timetraveler!!! Keep up the great work!

3. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

Impressive as ever!

4. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! It is very heartening to hear that traffic explodes once you get over certain benchmarks. Almost up to 100,000 myself....can't wait for the big increase as I write more!

5. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Congrats smile well-deserved and I hope the upwards trend at a faster pace continues.

In response to the comments thus far, I have to say that I have been surprised about this because I worked so long and so hard to get to that first plateau that it seems impossible to be getting those numbers now.

I don't know if the progress will continue or not, but I wanted writers here to know that there are still views to be had and money to be made here.  Some seem to think this has dried up, but I am proof that it has not.

Thanks for all of your kind words here.

1. Michael-Milec profile image60
        Michael-Milecposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.

6. goatfury profile image90
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

Wow, congratulations!  I've been around a month (just a hair less), and I haven't quite broken 2000 (hope to this week).  Am I at a good pace?

goatfury:

I was nowhere near that many views after my first month.  I think you are doing great!

7. goatfury profile image90
    goatfuryposted 9 years ago

Thanks!   I use a lot of social networking to drive traffic here. Kinda feels like cheating.

goatfury:

Actually, I use very little social networking because I really am not good at it and it takes away from my writing time.  I think I maybe have 5 "friends" on FB lol!

The great majority of my views come directly from Google.

8. SimilarSam profile image49
    SimilarSamposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! Those are some impressive numbers. So that means 3-4 months until you reach 300,00? Best of luck! smile

Similar Sam:

I wish it worked that way, and sometimes it does...but I never count my chickens!

Three times during the years I have been here I started doing well and then Google smacked the site down and I really got hammered.

However, that was before we went to having our own subdomains, so I am hoping you are correct.   A better guess would be 5 months if things keep going as they have...however, many of my hubs lend themselves to summer activities, so we'll see!

9. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

Congratulations! That is an awesome achievement.

10. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

Congrats!  You deserve it and expect more from you.  Keep on writing. All the best.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)