SPECIAL NOTICE to ALL of MY FOLLOWERS:

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (42 posts)
  1. kenneth avery profile image80
    kenneth averyposted 9 years ago

"Hey, no emergency." "I just wanted to be The First, to wish ALL of my valued-followers a Safe and Happy Labor Day."
    "Hub-writing is considered labor to me, so all of you have a great time grilling, having family and friends over, napping on the couch, writing more hubs, eating watermelon . . .you get the drift."
    Sincerely,
    Kenneth Avery

1. DrBill-WmL-Smith profile image59
      DrBill-WmL-Smithposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How sweet! Have a great weekend, yourself!! ;-)

kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome!

2. bethperry profile image82
      bethperryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks much Kenneth! You too!

You are welcome, Beth. Have fun and enjoy your life.

3. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, and yes, safe and happy to everyone.

4. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kenneth, that is very sweet of you, labor days sounds like a good event.  Hope you have a good one.

Bravewarrior, thank you. I shall do my best, but I will only nap and maybe eat a good meal at day's end. You have a day of peace.

2. kenneth avery profile image80

Dear sallybea,
        You are most-welcome. Labor Day can be thought of as a holiday, but I look at it like a time to appreciate those of our labor force past present and future.
        Peace to you, my dear friend/follower.

5. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Happy Labor Day to you, too Kenneth!

6. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Happy Labor Day to you, too Kenneth!

7. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

mmmm Watermelon.  I got a good price on one yesterday and the weather is nice.  The boys and I shall swim today and enjoy some watermelon.  Hope you have a great holiday weekend as well.

8. wordswithlove profile image67
      wordswithloveposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Kenneth. I hope your weekend is just as you describe it! smile

9. btrbell profile image87
      btrbellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Happy Labor Day!

10. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kenneth. I plan on taking the weekend off from writing as soon as I get my weekly hub posted. I hope you have a safe and fun holiday.

2. bewhary profile image61
    bewharyposted 9 years ago

Aw...  Thank you.. You too!!

bewhary,
      You are welcome too. Be safe. Be cool.

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Happy Labor Day to you Kenneth. Hope you have a great one doing everything you enjoy.

4. Romi Abu Haura profile image55
    Romi Abu Hauraposted 9 years ago

hhh

5. Elsie Hagley profile image70
    Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years ago

Hope you have a happy labor day Kenneth.
    Here in New Zealand we need to wait until the 27 October 2014 before we celebrate Labor Day.

6. word55 profile image72
    word55posted 9 years ago

Hey Ken, Whatever you do or we do on that day is labor, even if it's grilling. Huh? Just don't do any heavy labor like at a 9 to 5, 3 to 11 or 11 to 7 gig. Have a Happy Labor Day too!

7. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

We have all three grandchildren up for the long holiday. So, mine is going to be a blast! Enjoy, and please don't labor.

1. profile image0

Okay, now I'm green with envy…have a wonderful time with the grands!

8. Dana Tate profile image82
    Dana Tateposted 9 years ago

Hey thanks Ken and a happy labor day to you too!

9. Blond Logic profile image93
    Blond Logicposted 9 years ago

Thanks, same to you.

Alas, no day off here on our farm. We are planting 350 coconut trees this weekend.

1. profile image0

350 coconut trees--yes, work, but how wonderful!  What a fabulous harvest they will yield!  You will have a Labor Day to remember, for sure.

10. profile image0
    Prosperity66posted 9 years ago

Wishing you a great Labor Day weekend!
    Here Labor Day was on 1st May, so still have to wait a bit for the next one wink

1. taiwokareem profile image61
      taiwokareemposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thanks a lot Kenneth. Wish you the same

11. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Happy Labor Day to all, the movie Labor Day is pretty good too.

12. Marie Flint profile image72
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

Thank you, Kenneth. A safe and happy Labor Day to you, too! I'll probably be working in my garden. (Ha! ha!)

13. profile image52
    Maghrebposted 9 years ago

Thanks dude , wish u happy work day . Life is work and work not just a day

14. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

Thank you and you have a Happy Labor Day also.

15. cammyshawn profile image79
    cammyshawnposted 9 years ago

Have a happy and safe Labor Day!

16. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 9 years ago

Have a good one! kenneth! big_smile

17. Deborah-Diane profile image81
    Deborah-Dianeposted 9 years ago

Hope you have a nice Labor Day, too!!

18. lupine profile image65
    lupineposted 9 years ago

Kenneth, thank you...enjoy your holiday weekend, my friend! (Did you receive the photo?)

19. melzetterberg profile image65
    melzetterbergposted 9 years ago

Happy Labor Day to you and yours.  Be safe and enjoy the holiday weekend.

20. Shaneka68 profile image60
    Shaneka68posted 9 years ago

Thank you, same to you.

21. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

Kenneth

I've never been wished a "Happy Labor Day" until now.  A very sweet gesture.  Hope yours is great too!

Hi, VocalCoach!
      Oh, I have never in my life been FIRST at most things, but so glad maybe I was the first to wish YOU a Happy Labor Day.
      That makes me feel worthwhile.

22. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 9 years ago

Just catching up with my emails. You're great to wish everyone a Happy Labor Day. I always miss the closing of summer weekend. I hope yours was great . We don't celebrate in Latvia and Sept. 1 was the first day of school.

Dear Gypsy Rose Lee,
      Oh, I did not know that you don't celebrate Labor Day, but still, I hope you had a safe and happy Monday and today.
      I want ALL of my followers to have the BEST in life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)