Temporary limit on the number of Hubs one can publish in 24 hours

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Nancy Hardin profile image59
    Nancy Hardinposted 9 years ago

I've been told by a friend, that she was unable to edit more than 3 of her transfer lenses, that we are limited to 3 a day. Someone else told me that they were able to edit 25. My question is: which is accurate? And if the 3 a day isn't accurate, is that person experiencing a glitch of some sort and how can she fix it? There are many of us who have hundreds of lenses. If we are limited to 3 a day, we'll never get through them. Clarification on this point please? Thanks!

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is a temporary limit to the number of brand new Hubs a former Lensmaster can publish in a day. Users that are in boot camp can publish a maximum of one Hub per 24 hours and users that are out of boot camp can publish a maximum of 3 Hubs per 24 hours. Editing an already published Hub does not count toward either of these limits. We have a limit in place as a cautionary measure, to make sure that our systems don't get overwhelmed by too many Hubs being published at once. We will adjust the number or remove the limit entirely when we are confident that this isn't an issue.

I'll also add this information to the FAQ.

Nancy Hardinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marina, thank you so much for the clarification. My FB group, The Writer's Door, will also be interested in this, so I will share with them as well as the person who first brought this to my attention. Thanks again.

2. Glen Kowalski profile image93
        Glen Kowalskiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How will I know when I'm in/out of boot camp?

1. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When you have five Hubs which have passed the QAP rating process.

2. Ice cold princess profile image61
          Ice cold princessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When you clear boot camp, you'll get a badge on your profile to say you have 5 featured hubs... and just in case you miss it or don't notice it, you'll also get an email sent to the email address associated with your hubpages account as well.

3. NanLT profile image80
        NanLTposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think this limit for incoming Squidoo writers is a good plan.

I don't see how anyone could put together more than 2 or 3 well-written, thought-provoking hubs from scratch in a single 24 hour period at any rate. Not without compromising on quality.

I know that I can't go over more than 2 or 3 in a day else I start going cross-eyed and cutting corners.

Heck, we have 4 months to get everything up to snuff here. Even if I still had over 200 lenses, I could easily make my way through most of those by updating 5 a day (5 X 30 X 4). I dare say for many who have a several hundred lenses transferring in, they may take the decision to delete many of those simply because they no longer fit the higher publishing standards that are found at HubPages, and no amount of editing will be able to fix 'em.

1. Kylyssa profile image90
          Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's possible for the average person to write a lot of good articles in a day but many people write articles in word processing programs, gather up appropriate images, and then publish.

2. Diana Grant profile image91
    Diana Grantposted 9 years ago

Thanks for the info, Nancy and Marina.  As I already have an existing HubPages identity apart from my new one for the Squidoo transfer, will I still have to go through QAP?  I notice that my score for Diana Grant is 86, and my score for my new one, Gloriousconfusion is 85.  Does that mean I've passed QAP without knowing it, because Management realize that I am one and the same person?  (PS I don't actually know what "bootcamp" and QAP are, but can look them up later as I didn't want to leave this page).
    Only 3 a day being published is going to be a right pain, as I have 173 to go. But I am nonetheless grateful that they will not be lost, only suspended.
    I was expecting by now to have received the email from Hubpages that my lenses have been transferred, but nothing again today, even though I pressed the Green Button only about 4 or 5 days after we were first notified.  When they do arrive, will they all show in my account or profile - or do I have to do something first to initiate the process?

Diana, as far as I know each new account transferred from Squidoo must go through QAP. Boot camp is five Hubs published, then you've passed boot camp. This would apply to your new account. I understand your frustration with the 3 a day rule, but if we all published as many lenses as we wanted each day, it could overwhelm the site. That wouldn't help anybody. I have 353 lenses, that I have not received yet, so I feel your pain!

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image76

Each HubPages account has to go through Boot Camp separately. Graduating from Boot Camp means you have at least five Featured Hubs and are awarded an accolade. If you have at least five Featured Lenses on Squidoo when we import your account, you will bypass Boot Camp upon coming to HubPages. Does that make sense? smile

When the import is completed for your account, you will receive an email indicating that it's done. You won't need to do anything to initiate the process yourself, after you get the email your Hubs will be available here: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

QAP applies to each hub, not to profiles.

A hubber with five published and featured hubs is out of bootcamp.

1. Diana Grant profile image91
      Diana Grantposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but if I already have about 20-30 published hubs in my Diana Grant ID, will that be enough, or do they have to be 5 in my new Gloriousconfusion ID, even though I already have a score of 85, which I assume means they know that I can write to a reasonable standard and have a reasonable standing in the community?

Yes, you still need the five Hubs in the new account. They really don't put your two accounts in different names together.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Every account is separate and has to go through bootcamp.  You pass bootcamp is by getting 5 featured hubs.  Not other metrics are involved.

4. Ice cold princess profile image61
    Ice cold princessposted 9 years ago

Just to clarify... this is for Hub accounts that are having squidoo lenses imported into them and not any other accounts that may be owned by the same former lensmaster, right???

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image76

That's correct!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)