Post your Adsense experience

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Aquamarine18 profile image57
    Aquamarine18posted 9 years ago

Hello all ex-squids-now-hubbers! I thought it would be a good idea for all of us to post our experiences with applying for an adsense account here. I would love to hear all success and failure stories, as I think it would help all of us in understanding what we should (and should not) do and when. I applied today with 84 transferred lenses-now-hubs and as I feared my application was rejected due to insufficient content. I also did not wait for a month after my lenses were transferred as it was suggested to us by HP, I applied only 2 weeks after the transfer. So, what are your experiences with adsense?

1. Lionrhod profile image78
      Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I got rejected for insufficient content too.

LOL then I remembered I had a Blogger blog which I barely use. (I'm actually planning on taking the pages off blogger and moving them to HP because Google thinks it owns your Blogger content.)

I said, "Wait a minute! I know I had some kind of monetization thingie on that. I wonder if it was AdSense." Sure enough it was. My adsense had been put on hold for some reason or other (forget what) but I was able to reinstate it in minutes.

And they even owe me about $10.

Moral of the story - if you have an old Blogger account or other old website etc that might have had adsense, go check on that. It might save you the hassle of trying to get a new account.

1. Nancy Hardin profile image59
        Nancy Hardinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, if you already have an adsense number, you will be denied if you apply for another one. They're a bit miserly when it comes to giving them out...you only get one! (smile) I just used my adsense I already had, and had no problem with it.

2. profile image0
      ideadesignsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I activated the ad program, set up paypal, gave tax info, applied for google adsense. I didn't know I was suppose to wait on that last one. After searching I thought I read to wait 6 months. And Aquamarine18 your saying HP said to wait a month? Wish I'd read that, but since I must fix all my hubs anyways after the transfer, I can wait, but who's earning on my pages during my "wait" period?  And yes I was in a hurry to keep my money flowing, so I applied for google's adsense without research (so then I could also apply for ebay/amazon programs). 

I was not accepted. I am pretty sure the link I sent them was my main profile page: ideadesigns(dot)hubpages(dot)com

Google Adsense's reply:
      "We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below:
      My paraphrasing the list: * make sure you have sufficient text, not so much images & videos. * Have complete sentences and paragraphs, not only headlines * don't be in beta or under construction * Place the ad code (ad code?) on a live page of website. doesn't have to be main page * blah * blah"

Also this is in My Earnings Settings next to Google Adsense:
      "Association Disabled by You or by Google for TOS Violation"

There is also somewhere on hubpages that you enter the google analytics/affiliate code (mine says active, so I've done that). On another thought, we don't have to worry about what state we live in do we? At squidoo it didn't matter where in the USA you lived.
      That's my experience so far, back to fixing my pages...

1. profile image0
        ideadesignsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where do you place the "ad code"? I may have activated it, but not put it in a page? Not sure where to find this answer? I still have my squidoo account in google analytics, is there a conflict? What link do you put in to get accepted? Our profile page is what I thought, but is it hub's main page?

3. Nanciajohnson profile image71
      Nanciajohnsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I applied too early I guess for AdSense also as that I was denied an account as well for insufficient content on my pages, etc. I am concerned that I lost the ability to make money with Ebay and Amazon now with this move.  I have zero earnings reports now here on HP.  Is that forever? Christmas is coming!  Gosh bad timing, again.  I have a full-time job as well as trying to make extra money for the extras in life but limited time to keep rewriting and rewriting.  I plan to work on my best pages and delete the ones that are limited in content.  I will hang around and wait to see if anyone comes up with any help with Adsense and earning on HP.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

It's too early for Squids to share their experiences because none of them can get an Adsense account yet!

Although Adsense doesn't say so, they don't approve accounts for brand new Hubpages accounts.  They just don't.  You need to wait about a month before applying. 

That means during the first month you won't be earning - but let's face it, if Squidoo had just closed down, you wouldn't be earning for months, would you?  So one month is not too bad.

How to get around it - if you have an old blog somewhere, you can apply with that sooner, even if you haven't written on it for a while.

1. Nanciajohnson profile image71
      Nanciajohnsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do have several old blogs sitting out there.  Thank you for the suggestion on requesting an AdSense Account with using one of them.  Crossing my fingers!

3. Titia profile image91
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

I got rejected too, so I have to wait a few months. In the meantime I can get my squbs up to par with HP rules.

I don't have a blog, but I do have an Amazon Aff code and I put that in. It's a 60-40% share with HP, 60 for me, 40 for them. Meaning they will put their Aff on 4 out of 10 amazon links.

I never sold anything through my own aff code on Squidoo, but I just discovered when I was checking my Amazon earnings, I had a sale from one of my updated hubs.

So I'm not complaining, I'll just sit and wait untill I can apply for adsense again.

1. Aquamarine18 profile image57
      Aquamarine18posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Titia, do you mean that they put your own affiliate link in the HP amazon capsules, or do you have to use a text link with your affiliate code in order to get any commission from sales?

4. KarenTBTEN profile image76
    KarenTBTENposted 9 years ago

A few years back, I did apply for an Adsense account, and it was approved. Maybe it was easier then. It's hard for me to even remember what the account was for. I found the old 'welcome' email, managed to sign in, and saw that I had nine dollars in my account. But I didn't see any account number. Instead I saw directions for generating code and pasting it in to a webpage. It made no sense to me. I couldn't see how it related to Hubpages. "We are not in Squidoo-land anymore, Toto," I said. (To my netbook, who, as the Windows operating system will confirm, really is named Toto.)

Eventually I found several IDs: first a payer ID, then some other IDs. I want to go through my lens-hubs before I give the number/ information to Hubages. So no huge hurry. But I wish I could make more sense of my account.

5. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

I guess I've been lucky, because I had my Adsense account already from a webpage and blog I used to have.
    All I had to do here at Hubpages was to enter my Google Adsense publisher's number in the box provided on the  Earnings Program Page.

Now all I have to do is make some money!  :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)