I need to retire

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

Greetings Fellow Hubbers From Here and There!

I need a good topic, good keyword, and anything else "good" so I can publish that one spectacular Hub that will earn me at the minimum $102.45.00 annually.  Not asking for much, but that would suit my current needs and my expansion needs just wonderful!

I have thoughts, but then again, this is a family friendly site, so those thoughts are out the window.

I am sure that someone out there has the information I need and will fill the sudden need to supply me with this requested information!

You got it, me just posting in the "Freeform Discussion" doing what it says it allows me to do! smile

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11310787_f1024.jpg

Photo Credits: Flickr Creative Commons : https://www.flickr.com/photos/amagill/362201147

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
      DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a few hubs that earn those last two numbers every day.
      I would be glad to lend them to you if you need them.

Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the generosity! smile

2. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a pretty good feeling that writing a hub outlining how to create one spectacular Hub that will earn anyone a minimum of $102,452.00 annually would probably do it.

1. colorfulone profile image79
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image80

Spectacular suggestion! Thanks!

3. DrMark1961 profile image95

I would even read that one. Which would be good for another $0.00

Well, it may make me a coin or two if you were to see that intriguing ad over there and click on it!

2. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

I think your instincts are good. Go with those thoughts which are not family friendly. Check out various female celebrity iCloud accounts and you will find your fortune. Keywords are "(insert female celebrity name) sex tape" and "(insert female celebrity name) naked."

Good luck!

There ya go!  Great advice! smile

3. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

Wow, is that all you need to live on in a year? Sheesh, how do you do it?  tongue

Well, I skimp lots on things and try to save a dollar here and there! smile

4. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

For a minute, I thought I was in the QA.

Well, I reckon I could have posted there now that you mention it. smile

5. MsRoberts1 profile image55
    MsRoberts1posted 9 years ago

Anyone smart enough to find a lucrative keyword is also wise enough to keep that information for themselves. Who gives away profitable ideas for free?

I would share the mini-wealth. smile

Really?

Of course! That would be the "only" proper thing to do! Plus it would bring me some good karma. smile

Well, I need much less than "$102.45.00 annually", so I will chew on this awhile, (meditate).

We could negotiate the "shared" earnings. smile

2. colorfulone profile image79

I do.

Always an exception and a generous one at that. smile

6. Greekgeek profile image79
    Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

Baby sloths, cats and Bandersnatch Cummerbund, or whatever that man's name is, seem to be very popular on social media. I'm pretty sure that if you photomanipped Made-For-Pinterest pictures of Mr. Cummerbund in compromising positions with baby sloths and cats, you would get quite bit of traffic. Of course, such images might run afoul of some law or other, or at the very least Hubpages' policies regarding excessive promotion of baby sloths, but until Mr. Cummerbund's lawyers or the Mechanical Turks caught up with you (I'm fairly sure they patrol HP in giant Mechs), you should rake in the dough.

A short-term get rich quick scheme!  I like it!  I would have to dig in and do some sloth research however!

7. Arachnea profile image66

I find that getting a package or two of turkey hot dogs usually does the trick for saving that extra penny or two. I usually go through about 6-9 hot dogs in a day, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Always great to save the pennies without any doubts at all!  Turkey dogs however are rough at time unless you have some great mustard!

2. DrMark1961 profile image95

According to recent research published on the HP question and answer board, SPAM is cheaper.
      (References available on request.)

8. Arachnea profile image66

grey poopon

9. LotusLandry profile image60
    LotusLandryposted 9 years ago

What you are describing is Passive Income earned by writing activities.
    Passive income is an income received on a regular basis, with little effort required to maintain it... (although Hub pages may not qualify exactly because of revisions and maintenance).  Writing doesn't typically require a big capital outlay so there are many entrants who try to do it... hence a considerable slush pile.
    Good luck!

Well portrayed. smile  I shall wait for the "one" who will drop by this thread and give me the goldmine, however. smile

Something that is better than bacon. A gold mine of Golden Chanterelles that you can sell to the best chefs of restaurants in Europe or anywhere...

That would certainly be a very lucrative key for sure! smile

10. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 9 years ago

Buy a lottery ticket Dale - the odds are probably better!  However, if someone does slip you the magic keyword, can you pass it onto me (I don't mind ranking 2 below your article) as I want to retire as well, preferably to a warm, sunny beach somewhere. smile

Sounds like a plan, both on the lottery ticket and slipping you the keyword. smile

11. Hooks and Needles profile image68
    Hooks and Needlesposted 9 years ago

Writing about 10,000 hubs might do it. Now how to do that quickly.

Just 10,000?  Well that should not take to long!

12. Katya Drake profile image60
    Katya Drakeposted 9 years ago

The key would be to write a lot, and I mean a LOT of good quality, evergreen hubs. It would take a lot of work because you need to stay on top of them and revise them as needed. However, if this is what you are doing full time it would not be impossible.

I do understand the need for a lot, but as mentioned, some have few and do well, so I would like to have just the one and do well. smile

13. bettyshares profile image60
    bettysharesposted 9 years ago

I think the amount of money a person can make on Hubpages is going to depend on the niche topic. Some writers have very few hubs and are able to make a good amount of money because the niche targets an audience who buys.

1. Hooks and Needles profile image68
      Hooks and Needlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The problem is to find that niche. The areas I have expertise in, sure aren't the ones.

Very hard to find those elusive niche topics that are not already niched up!

14. Shades-of-truth profile image82
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

Love this droll idea! Please, when you write your "winning" article, don't forget all of us "Hubbers"!

I shall remember all the Hubbers without any doubt! smile

I will keep a list tucked in my desk!

15. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Here are some multi million dollar ideas. All you have to do is write a teaser hub followed by an ebook. The only stipulation is that your answer to the question MUST WORK for people in real life.

*How to cure cancer
    *How to make $50k per year online income (what exactly it takes or a step by step process)
    *1001 cash in hand or black market jobs
    *How to make different drugs at home
    *How to win the lottery
    *How to lose 50kg in 6 weeks
    etc

You need something that everyone will share because it's so effective and WORKS! Just take a look at Alan Carr with that quitting smoking book.

16. joanhall profile image86
    joanhallposted 9 years ago

Fortunately, there is an article about how to make as much money as you desire from home: http://drifter0658lm.hubpages.com/hub/Make-Funny-Money

1. Hooks and Needles profile image68
      Hooks and Needlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank goodness that he doesn't really do that.

That is amazing!  I had not seen that one before.  Thanks for the share. smile

1. joanhall profile image86
        joanhallposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That one is a former Squidoo lens from good old Alex.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)