I Will Edit Your Hub Title

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (91 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

A year or two ago, I posted a thread where I offered to give feedback on hubs and how to improve them. I then went on to write a post based on the most common mistakes I saw people making (you can read it on the slider on my profile.)

This time, I'm going to offer title suggestions. Post ONE title of a hub which you feel could be improved and I'll give you a title suggestion and/or point out any major problems I see.

Note: Some of this information may be used in an upcoming hub. I can't guarantee how soon you will receive your title suggestion, based on my own spare time and the number of replies to this thread.

Cardisa: People Google answers, not titles.
    Sue Adams: Use 'answer words' in your titles.

1. brakel2 profile image72
      brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi WryLilt  Thanks for the generous offer. My title is listed below. The URL is different. Thanks, I know the title is too long.  Audrey

http://brakel2.hubpages.com/hub/The-Gol … weds-Again

Finding Solutions for Forgetfulness and Other Issues of Aging

WryLiltposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Audrey

"Finding Solutions for Forgetfulness and Other Issues of Aging"

Tips:

-Make it a list. You have stacks of great options here.
        -Remove the words "solutions" and "issues". Too broad.

Title suggestion:

15 Tips To Avoid Brain Aging: Elderly Forgetfulness

(Avoid Brain Aging) and (Elderly Forgetfulness) are based on Google suggest.

1. mattforte profile image88
          mattforteposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I generally like to keep stuff like this to myself, but this is something that really irks me that I see a LOT here...
          You shouldn't use colons like that.
          Use pipes instead... "|"   (The symbol just above the "\")

Google ignores colons, and reads that entire title as a single phrase, which takes away from your keyword strength.
          Formatting "15 Tips To Avoid Brain Aging: Elderly Forgetfulness" to instead be "15 Tips To Avoid Brain Aging | Elderly Forgetfulness" looks just as good, but it actually provides you with two much stronger individual longtail keywords in the title. This can and will improve your rankings searches involving either of those. I have seen this firsthand as recently as yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback, Matt. Do you have any links to back this up? From what I'm aware, Matt Cutts has said there is no impact - basically a separator is a separator. However there may be some indication that dashes work better than pipes from memory, but from an aesthetic and CTR point of view, not SEO.

1. Marketing Merit profile image93
              Marketing Meritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I use dashes in my titles.

In this short video, Matt Cutts discusses dashes and pipes as separators but makes no mention of colons. Not a conclusive answer, I appreciate WryLilt, but may be worth a minute of your time.

Should I use pipes or dashes in my titles?

1. Chinaimport profile image78
                Chinaimportposted 9 years agoin reply to this
                1. lobobrandon profile image89
                  lobobrandonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I need to give pipes a try, no harm trying right. Plus it does seem legit. Thanks for the link

None at all. They make a big difference.

I personally just last weekend moved one hub from #8 to #4 on Google for a certain number of keywords (#1-3 were all .gov pages, hard to beat) JUST from switching to a pipe.

2. NateB11 profile image88
                  NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I did not know that about pipes. Very helpful.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
              DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ugh!  I was recently told to get OUT of the habit of using dashes, and to use colons instead!  Now what???  I have to go back through all those hubs and change the colons to pipes???!!  Grrrr

2. electronician profile image77
            electronicianposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Interesting tip, I just changed a couple of my titles to use pipes instead of colons, but left the ones which use dashes, to see if it makes any difference.

You may not always want Google to separate the two parts into different units though, for example I have one with the title "Low Cost DIY: Zoned Central Heating System with Wireless Actuator Valves" which I would want to come up in searches for a search like "DIY zoned central heating" which crosses the divider - so perhaps colons would be best in that kind of situation?

That's a good question.
              Really, it comes down to - what is searched for more AND/OR which do you rank higher for? This is where it is important to use Google Webmaster Tools to do keyword research.

It is unlikely that you are going to rank high for "low cost DIY" so in this instance separating them might not be the best option, so it is a matter of which is the better option, DIY zoned central heating system or just zoned central heating system.
              Now in most cases I'd say do your keyword research, and target the one you are ranking better for. (If webmaster tools puts you at #11 for one and #56 for the other, your time is better spent trying to rank for whichever is #11) But in this specific case, you could be getting two very different audiences. People searching without the DIY might be looking for something completely different, so yes - I'd leave the colons.
              This is why webmaster tools are so important...it allows you to look at your ranking for keywords, see what exactly you are ranking well for, and really zone in on those specific keywords. But...that's more information than I usually like to give - Google can help with the rest ;-)

2. Cardisa profile image86
        Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How about using the keyword "memory improvement" in your title?

"Memory Improvement Ideas for Aging and Forgetfulness"

2. Sue Adams profile image97
      Sue Adamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what you mean. Please give me specific examples / suggestions. I have been using the former "TitleTuner" in the past. That may have elongated some of my titles incomprehensibly. Any improvements would be welcome.

Sorry, your post confused me!

3. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ok, but can you do anything for menstrual cramps?

Vaginal steams and magnesium.

1. Sed-me profile image79

I love that you answered that with a straight face.
          If we were alone, I'd have a few replies for you.

I'm a birth doula. I Google placenta photos while I eat my breakfast. smile

haha.. and ew.

4. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

"How to Not Worry"

I've struggled with that one for awhile, it is truly a bad performer. Along with several others.

2. NetballDrills profile image82
    NetballDrillsposted 9 years ago

Thanks for your offer. Here is a title I think needs some improvement:

Netball Drills: Fitness, Exercise & Shooting Drills

NetballDrills

"Netball Drills: Fitness, Exercise & Shooting Drills"

Tips: You've repeated the word drills twice.

I can't give you an exact suggestion because it looks like all the main words in your title have a high amount of competition from bigger netball sites in Google.

I'd suggest you start typing into Google and use some of the suggestions for ways to narrow it down. I'm not aware of the lingo, so some more appeal to you more than others.

netball drills for goal shooters
      netball drills for two players

1. NetballDrills profile image82
        NetballDrillsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. will try out the suggestions!

3. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

Hi WryLilt, I do not have a question about any of my titles but I do have another question I have been meaning to ask you.
    In a previous forum you stated that if a hub does not have good traffic after about a year you go ahead and delete it. How do you determine which of those to delete? Many of my hubs will have a 0 for the day, but a few views per week,and  many more for month.
    Does that mean that Google looks down on the other hubs because of those poor performers? If I delete them, are the others likely to perform better?
    I went ahead and deleted some Brazilian recipes and my hubs on eastern religions. The others are performing better. Should I get rid of some of the others that have little traffic?
    Thanks for your advice. I realize that none of us really know what Google wants, but I have learned a lot from reading some of your comments in the past and know that I have room to improve here.

DrMark1961

If they're getting Google views at all, I usually leave them, then try to give them some SMO (social media optimisation) such as a good MFP image. Social media sharing can raise rankings in Google, especially if your summary and image captions contain relevant keywords.

I've yet to see any indication of poor performers negatively impacting a website. I've seen more evidence that low quality content negatively impacts a website - so as long as your content is high quality, not spammy etc, you're usually fine.

If a hub became unfeatured due to traffic, I'd probably delete and move it unless I had a very good reason not to.

4. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

Wow excellent marketing on your profile page and here too.  I could not resist and went to look.  I look forward to reading more from you in the forum.

Thank you smile

5. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Hi WryLilt, thanks for doing this again. I've changed the title on this one at least 10 times. It's a lemon that just doesn't do well at all. I think it might be the content:

"Act Out of Character Poem / Human Nature and Behavior"

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
      DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had a Taoism hub like that, and in 2 years it gained less than the 1 day traffic of many of my hubs. I tried changing the title many times but finally just deleted it
      The "Act Out of Character" poem may never do well.

1. janshares profile image94
        jansharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking the same, DrMark.

2. Cardisa profile image86

Jan, may I suggest this title?

"Poem about Life: Human Nature and Behavior"

The first part of the title is the keyword. A basic search gave me 12,000 avg monthly searches. The advertising is very cheap as with any poem but you my get more views.

I will definitely try it. It cannot do any worse than it has been. Thank you very much. I will come back and let you know if it jumped in hubscore and views.

Update on title change: The hubscore increased by 4 points - but it's still at the bottom - #73 of 73 hubs, lol. big_smile I also changed a few other titles based on your advice about repeating keywords. That worked out well, too, increasing hubscores. Thanks again, Cardisa.

6. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

WryLit, you have found my weakness.  So wonderful that you are willing to help me overcome it.  This one is my worst worded title, but I can't think of a better wording:

What Do Women Look for When Buying a House

1. firstday profile image60
      firstdayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Millionaire Tips

Great idea for an article and I like the title although you might get a new, improved, better, exclusive one.  Sorry I have been in comma training.  My mom sold houses for a while and told me the woman makes the final decision.  I would enjoy reading that article. smile

2. WryLilt profile image89

Millionaire Tips

"What Do Women Look for When Buying a House"

Tips:

-Make it a list. 10 things women want...
      -Google suggest indicates there aren't many searches for "Women buying house", but "Wife buying house" might be a good area to explore.

Title suggestion:

Buying A New House: 8 Things Your Wife Wants

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Susannah. I will try that. I wrote it from the angle of what a contractor would want to know but I can make it from the husband's point of view.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

I also wanted to point out that if anyone is looking at the discussions at the bottom of the page, HubPages provided some Exclusive Titles in the past, but that program did not work and is no longer available.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
      Brie Hoffmanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's too bad because I did use that all the time.

8. PegCole17 profile image94
    PegCole17posted 9 years ago

I appreciate your gracious offer and hope you'll take a look at this title and tell me how to improve it.
    "Donate to Charity Without Spending Money or Time - One Simple Way to Help"
    Thank you WryLilt.
    Your webpage is fascinating.
    Peg

I like your article idea too and am looking forward to it.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
        PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello Firstday,
        I wasn't sure if you were responding to me but in case you were, thanks! I've used the first title that was suggested by WryLilt and hope this helps improve traffic.
        Peg

PegCole17

Yes, you are right.  I was directing it to you.  Her suggestions are good too.  Let me know how it goes.  I would have taken her up on her article if I were ready to publish something.  Titles are the toughest it seems.  People who write for the big newspapers make more money than the people who write the articles.  It is the title that sells with newspapers.  Here on the web is a little trickier because we have to rank too.  Again let me know how it goes.

Firstday,
            The title is really what draws me in, especially on my daily email recap of new hubs from people I follow. It's the main thing that drives my curiosity on the long list of new hubs.
            Cheers
            Peg

PegCole17

"Donate to Charity Without Spending Money or Time - One Simple Way to Help"

Recommendations:

-Change to donations not donate.
      -Include words free and volunteer.
      -Lose the "one simple way to help", "spending".

Some suggestions:

"How To Give Free Charity Donations With Coke" or "10 Free Charity Donation Ideas - Including Coke, Volunteering & More!" - Lists are great for MFPs plus they seem to do well in Google.

-Add another capsule at the end of the article outlining other free ways to donate, so you can justify using these ways in the title. People may not be looking for "coke donations" but they may be looking for volunteering info. If they don't know to look for your topic, they won't look for it.

-Include mention of the ice bucket challenge for ALS somewhere. Time relevant but may help, as it's a big deal right now!

Thank you so much for these great suggestions, WryLilt. I'll be working on this later today. Your ideas are a major help! smile
        Peg

9. Cardisa profile image86
    Cardisaposted 9 years ago

I'm going to jump in and offer some general tips on creating titles, I'm sure WryLilt wont mind smile.

Using the same word twice is sort of redundant and may appear to be keyword stuffing. These titles often have trouble getting indexed.

Think about what you would search for on the subject you are writing about and not what you think may look pretty. Selling newspaper headlines requires catchy titles but the internet requires search friendly titles.

Get directly to the subject of the article and what it's about.

Measure your title in a text editor and make it no longer than 65 characters with space. Titles should be at least three words short, less than that and you may have a problem.

Thanks, Cardisa.

Go ahead! I mentioned you in the first post, so you're totally famous and stuff. Can I have your autograph while I'm here? big_smile

1. Cardisa profile image86

lol, you're such a tease!

10. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 9 years ago

I have changed the Title to this Hub at least three times.  I know it is too long.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bring Back The Monarch Butterflies By  Planting  Milkweed.   Photos Showing How I Am Preserving The Monarchs

I want readers to know I included photos of the butterfly from the egg stage right on till it hatched out.

Thanks so much.

Mary I'll let Susannah help you with the title. But, just a pointer: You're title is going to be chopped off and people won't know you have images!

Try and write about the images in the summary (meta description) it would show on search most of the time. Photos included Or Images Included should suffice if you want to place it on the title.

1. mary615 profile image83
        mary615posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I know my title needs help!  Much too long!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
      DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm not that great at titles myself, but I would observe that your information that you have photos would be better placed in the summary section under the title.  That information will show up on Google under the title, so potential readers will see it.  That way, your title would be more compact and to the point.
      Best wishes

3. WryLilt profile image89

mary615

"Bring Back The Monarch Butterflies By  Planting  Milkweed.   Photos Showing How I Am Preserving The Monarchs"

"Monarch Butterfly Life Cycle with Milkweed in my Garden"

I'd mention the photos in the summary. I do think that title may be a bit competitive, so you may want to play around with Google suggest for some more specific niche words people are looking for.

"In my garden" is something that people are more likely to be asking questions about on Google, too.

Many thanks for your help.  I have shortened the title of my Hub, and also mentioned the photos in the summary.

The Title now reads:  Bring Back the Monarchs; Plant Milkweed In Your Garden

Mary I suggest you change it to Planting Milkweed in my Garden rather than plant milkweed in your garden.

People searching would look for help on: "Planting milkweed in my garden" not "plant milkweed in your garden".

How about "Planting Milkweed In My Garden To Bring Back The Monarchs"?     Thanks so much for your suggestions.

That's really nice. Short and to the point. Plus contains your keywords as well smile

Just wanted to say thank for your suggestion:  I changed the title and the views are UP!  Google finally found my ariticle!

2. Sed-me profile image79

I don't know much about SEO for sure, but it seems to me I got everything I needed from your title... no need to read the article. lol

11. Chinaimport profile image78
    Chinaimportposted 9 years ago

@WryLilt. I see you are getting an overwhelming response to your offer to help.  I generally do not need any help with the title however I do have a particular hub which needs some expert advice.  This hub is "How to Save on Foreign Exchange Fee When Travelling Abroad".  The keywords related to foreign exchange are high competition keywords (Serp 1 to 10 populated by established travel site with article pagerank PR5 to PR3) but I am not ready to give up.  I published it in May 2014 so it still has to mature and gain some organic backlinks.

For long tail keywords my SERP (checked by some free SERP checker) is as follows:

Foreign Exchange Fee When Travelling Abroad - 26th Position
    How to change money abroad - 60th position
    Changing money in a foreign country- 78th position

Please suggest changes in the title and meta description if you have time.  Thanks!

1. sallybea profile image93
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WryLilt

I remember your previous very kind offer -   Thank you.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Picture-these-d … ragonflies

Chinaimport

"How to Save on Foreign Exchange Fee When Travelling Abroad".

I must admit I have no real suggestions for this one! It's a very competitive topic. The only two things I'd suggest, since it's such an awesome full on hub with great info...

-Make it a list. 10 ways to...
      -Make an MFP image and see if you can promote it on Pinterest and other social networks instead, travel pages etc.

1. Chinaimport profile image78
        Chinaimportposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, WryLilt..  Social media promotion is not my strong point, but it is worth exploring.  I also liked the idea of MFP picture or even better, an infographic which can be a storyboard for the entire hub and can be shared on social media.

Once again, thanks for reading and suggestions.

12. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 9 years ago

Re pipes; Writer Fox uses pipes, and he is good at getting traffic. Thanks for the help with my title. My hub is on first page of Google without much traffic for my chosen keywords. Thanks for new ideas.

13. brakel2 profile image72

Sed me. Are you the returned hubber Beth 37?

Yes Audrey. Good to see you. smile

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
        LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WOW...welcome back, we missed you............
        http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9347777.jpg

lol... you always have the best graphics. Thanks Luis. smile

I nominated you for forum queen on your new account smile

I don't know what to say. Wouldn't everyone love that! lol Thank you. smile

14. brakel2 profile image72

Welcome back Sed. This is best news all day.

This is why I voted you the... nicest... or most supportive... or something like that... hubber. You are a delightful and kind person Audrey.

15. DzyMsLizzy profile image87
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

Well, I'm working on these search-friendly titles, but I have one that is stumping me.  It was written in 2012, and has but 617 views to date.

I know this is not what people might search for, but I'm kind of stumped as to how else to phrase this title.  Currently it exists as:

"Fun With Ridiculous Words"

A better idea would be useful.  Thanks in advance! wink

16. brakel2 profile image72

Thanks Sed me. Glad yr back.

17. pateluday profile image52
    pateludayposted 9 years ago

Two of my titles. Lets see what you have got.in the bag.

<link snipped>
    "Pench National Park in MP in India"

<link snipped>
    "Hotels in Kanha National Park"

warm regards

1. pateluday profile image52
      pateludayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The URL was unintentional

18. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I have an idea as to what to do with this one, which is either leave Dog Beds in or take it out.  Dog Beds | Choosing The Right Bed For Your Dog    I just noticed that we have a dash in between every word in our url.

19. greatstuff profile image91
    greatstuffposted 9 years ago

Thanks for your generous offer. This hub attracts poor traffic and I had the title changed several times. The latest title tries to have more keywords (at least that's what I thought!)

"Plan for Your Children's Future Now - Why it is Important to Have Wills for Your Children"

1. abidareacode profile image68
      abidareacodeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I read most of the replies here. It is a great offer from Wry. Next time I may also seek suggestions.

20. dwelburn profile image91
    dwelburnposted 9 years ago

Oh; have you stopped offering suggestions now WryLilt? I was going to ask about one if you are still doing it. It's 'Top 10 Christmas Gift Ideas For Him 2014'. I have just updated this for 2014 so it would be good to get some traffic to it.

21. Freya Yuki profile image42
    Freya Yukiposted 9 years ago

Hi there. Thanks for the generous offer of helping people edit their article titles. Can I get some help too?

I'm kind of really bad with titles and I think a lot of mine might be too long so I'm always changing them and trying to come up with alternative titles. I saw the info here about pipes so I tried that with this title but, I don't know. Maybe it's still too long / vague / not descriptive / too descriptive or something else entirely?

This is the article title: "Why Dumbledore Shouldn't Know How Voldemort Killed The Potters? | Harry Potter Plot Holes"

22. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

You are so kind to offer to help with titles to our hubs.  I've struggled for 3 yrs with this one. http://vocalcoach.hubpages.com/_1ictfyq … List-Hands           

Thank you so much.

23. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

I have a question.

What if someone has used keywords for an effective title already (eg. How To Clean Green Shoes), the "clean green shoes" being the keywords. If their article is a bit crap and is not from Hubpages, should we try to use the same title (which is the most efficient title to use in this case) or should we try to create a different title.

Is there any punishment in Google for having a title the same as someone else's?

1. pateluday profile image52
      pateludayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Never ever do that! Two similar titles can be penalized.

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, that's what I thought.

24. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image83
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

How to manage the effects of Stress

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)